• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What games are you waiting for the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
1.Warhammer Online(Only a few days left!)
2.Fable 2
3.Fallout 3 (I've decided to get over my undeniable love for Fallout 1 & 2 and give this game some attention, even if it's been made by Bethesda and has some features I greatly dislike)
4.Dawn of War II (would be over Fallout 3 if it was released earlier, but it's not of course :p )
5.Starcraft II

Sorry no Diablo III, I'm a bit dissapointed at what we've seen thus far.

Level 22
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (3rd person shooter): but its in its alpha stages soooo no hope for me there
Dawn of War II: 'nuff said
Gears of War 2

Dawn of War II will KILL Starcraft 2. i mean seriously, dawn of war 2 has better graphics, a better engine, and better like...everything more races more blood more everything.
and sc2 has... copy offs of warhammer 40k
Reapers=Assault Marines
Thor=Dreadnought
Marines=Space Marines (they both take drugs stimpacks/steroids)
zerg=tyranid
protoss=eldar

Level 34
. i mean seriously, dawn of war 2 has better graphics, a better engine, and better like...everything more races more blood more everything.
Reapers=Assault Marines
Thor=Dreadnought
zerg=tyranid
protoss=eldar
Who cares about that though? Doesn't make the game any worse, just less original. Also SC isn't the first to copy War40K, it's had a huge influence on all the games of that genre.

Also it's not as if you can make 100 completely unique units and races, your going to be copying someone.

"omg that game has an alien race that is beast-like and savage, it's just an alien (the movies)/zerg/tyranid copy!!!!111"

Level 13
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (3rd person shooter): but its in its alpha stages soooo no hope for me there
Dawn of War II: 'nuff said
Gears of War 2

Dawn of War II will KILL Starcraft 2. i mean seriously, dawn of war 2 has better graphics, a better engine, and better like...everything more races more blood more everything.
Reapers=Assault Marines
Thor=Dreadnought
zerg=tyranid
protoss=eldar
I'll speak for pretty much every Warhammer 40,000 fan in existence;

DO NOT GO THERE!

Level 17
That's simple...

1) Diablo 3
2) Dawn of War II
3) Starcraft II
4) Warcraft 4? I do hope they will make it one day. xD

And if u ask me somebody should make a Dungeon Keeper 3 just like the first only better. xD
To bad the company that made the first and second are kinda dead.... meaning it wont come...
=:(

Level 34
Farcry 2 has now caught my attention, but I have a bad feeling that the gameplay will be lacking due to all the attention to the graphics.

Level 34
Then you haven't been reading up on it much. Even for consoles, 360 and PS3 there is a fully fledged map editor.

And you get to hand glide, do side missions which give you bonuses, etc.
I haven't but I knew that there was a map editor, but look at how that turned out in brawl.

Hand glide? Hang glide?

Are you being sarcastic? This doesn't tell me anything about the quality of the game. Most games have side missions.

Level 4
The 3 Fs

-Farcry 2
-Fallout 3
-Fable 2...Although, I already have :)
And then..
-Half Life Esp3 of course! (Making a HL based map and all...)
-Bioshock2!!! But far away

Level 34
The 3 Fs

-Farcry 2
-Fallout 3
-Fable 2...Although, I already have :)
And then..
-Half Life Esp3 of course! (Making a HL based map and all...)
-Bioshock2!!! But far away
How are ya liking the Fable? I think it could be better although I'm not done.

They didn't improve the poor choice of weapons, spells and clothes from the first one, which bugs me a lot. Making weapons and clothes (especially clothes) shouldn't take much effort. Some animation + modeling and that's about it.

Level 34
- Red Alert 3 (its gona be released tomorrow)
- COD WW
- Gothic 4 (next year i think)
than there is diablo3, starcraft2 and the new GTA
A war lover eh? :p
WW looks awful to me and so does red alert. DoW2 is going to pwn it's ass. I hope.

Level 4
How are ya liking the Fable? I think it could be better although I'm not done.

They didn't improve the poor choice of weapons, spells and clothes from the first one, which bugs me a lot. Making weapons and clothes (especially clothes) shouldn't take much effort. Some animation + modeling and that's about it.

Im not too far, but yeah, the weapons are a bit...'off the mark'. Still, 2p rocks! Well it dosn't rock, but its pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.