• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What games are you waiting for the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Played some CoD5 at a friends.

It's just as great as CoD4, but a WWII setting. The only bad thing is, It's just AS great as CoD4. So if you have played CoD4 expect the same level of quality with a different setting and not much improvement.

Then again, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But I would have liked to see deeper changes.

The Nazi Zombie survival mode is pure win though, bit pointless with Left 4 dead though.

Level 7
i just got cod5.... GET IT!!!! its actualy really good. i would say cod 5 is same level of fun of cod4, but with nazi zombies instead XD. i say, if you have cod4, pass this game off, but if you dont... worthwhile buy.

oooohhhh and im gona get left 4 deadsoon too!!!!!!!!

Level 34
i just got cod5.... GET IT!!!! its actualy really good. i would say cod 5 is same level of fun of cod4, but with nazi zombies instead XD. i say, if you have cod4, pass this game off, but if you dont... worthwhile buy.

oooohhhh and im gona get left 4 deadsoon too!!!!!!!!
ww2 weapons just aren't as fun to use as modern ones. Not even close.

Level 7
ww2 weapons just aren't as fun to use as modern ones. Not even close.

that may be 100% true, but cod5 is still much better in terms of gameplay, it just seems to run smoother. you should all jsut get over the fact that yes, ww2 shooters are overdone, but the game enviorment doesn't make the game, plus this is the ONLY ww2 shooter that focuses in the apcisifc and on russia defending themselves fromt the nazi scourge. the game is just another ww2 shooter that plays like cod 4. seriously, just because the game is made br tyararc doen't amke it a bad game. go out an play it...

but if you have cod4, just get LEFT 4 DEAD!!!
LEFT 4 DEADZ!

TDR

TDR

Level 18
OMGWTFBBQ Half-Life 1 at just 1$ 'till tomorrow! Now that's a game I can afford, and since it costs less than 1L of Sprite and I never played it in single player, I'm gettin it. So this has been basically what I've been waiting for the most: some shit that I can afford.
(actually I can afford L4D, but since I don't have a constant income...nah)

Level 34
OMGWTFBBQ Half-Life 1 at just 1$ 'till tomorrow! Now that's a game I can afford, and since it costs less than 1L of Sprite and I never played it in single player, I'm gettin it. So this has been basically what I've been waiting for the most: some shit that I can afford.
As I said; barter system.

I should just stop playing new video games for a few years, and then start playing everything I missed. It'll all be so cheap. Like Mass Effect being $20 at the store I work at.

Level 9
- Guild Wars 2
- Warcraft IV (I know it's not bee OFFICIALLY announced.... but we all know they'll make it ^^)
- Starcraft II
- Diablo III

Level 36

NEVER PLAYED SINGLE PLAYER!?

BLASPHEMY!

It's amazing.

Level 7
Halo 2 was a great game, because it was such a step up from halo 1... halo 3 was a let down because it only brought new graphics to the field... not enough new gamplay elemtns... although i think the best of the three is Halo 3, the most spectacular one is halo 2...this exact same thing happened to the smash bro's series too.

Level 5
I'm excited for left 4 dead, stupid XBOX wont let me download it! I love Valve, they are a very good company (HALF-LIFE FTW!). I heard they added in the Horror movie effects to the game make it seem more badass maybe? I played the demo tho, and i was very impressed. Good Job Workers at Valve!

Level 36
Halo 2 was a great game, because it was such a step up from halo 1... halo 3 was a let down because it only brought new graphics to the field... not enough new gamplay elemtns... although i think the best of the three is Halo 3, the most spectacular one is halo 2...this exact same thing happened to the smash bro's series too.

Dude. That was WHY Halo 3 succeeded. It made the game more like Halo 1 with amazing graphics, which is what everyone wanted in the first place! Halo 2 was overhyped, and Bungie thought that in order to create a sequel people would buy, they had to outdo the original Halo.
That's not possible. You can't outdo a game like that. They had found the formula with Halo 1, and then they tossed it out the window for Halo 2, to make something that didn't feel like a Halo game. It was alright, but it definitely is the worst of the series.
With Halo 3 they went back to the original for a lot of things, brought back the Assault Rifle, a lot of the maps were familiar. That's what people wanted, that's why Halo 3 was the most sensational premier the earth has ever seen.

Level 17
What I would really like to see on the 360 is a new feature to allow you to download full games onto your Harddrive, ala steam.

This would be a really smart choice and it could put the "Microsoft points" feature to better use than downloading CoD4 map packs or Xbox originals.

It would be good marketting, more people would want to get the "Elite" xbox for the 120 GB harddrive so they can download these full games and shit...

I would probebly dishout 119 for a new 120 GB harddrive, if they ever do that...

One can dream

Oh and I got L4D on my Xbox, its pretty awesome. Its disappointingly short, only 4 campaigns that shouldnt take you longer than about an hour and a half each.

But none of that matters when you are playing Multiplayer, you will be thankful for the maps you already know when your avoiding all the zombies and shit.

In other words, get Left 4 dead for PC or 360 ONLY if you plan on playing Multiplayer and you will not be disappointed.

It is not worth the money of someone who only likes Single player though

Level 4
I'm excited for left 4 dead, stupid XBOX wont let me download it! I love Valve, they are a very good company (HALF-LIFE FTW!). I heard they added in the Horror movie effects to the game make it seem more badass maybe? I played the demo tho, and i was very impressed. Good Job Workers at Valve!

Yes, Valve are uber pwnage! I've brought all the HL's, TF2, Portal, the main titles (just not Couter Strike. OMG, I know!) I played the demo, and am so gona buy it asap.

Level 17
Everyone should atleast give Dead space a rent.

It's really sad, because Dead space is actually such a good game with lots of features but it's not really a big name (And its run down by the fact that EA developed it).

It's really a gem in the rough, and It's probably the best game of 2008 no one played.

And Left 4 dead gets really weak in single player. I mean WEAK, but multiplayer is the shit.

So only get L4D If you are planning to play it mostly in Multiplayer. Split screen mode in L4D is also chunky and lame.

Level 34
Sure does. I bought it this weekend, went to a friends house, and we played right through the game in one sitting. One long sitting.

It's worth the buy (unlike the previous) since multiplayer is really improved. Bot = Win. I'm not a big fan of online gaming.

Level 34
The loading is fine, and the multiplayer is awesome. Except the fact that they left out deathmatch.

Level 4
Gears of War 2 seems so much the same to me :/ I feel Left4Dead or COD5 is a better buy. Actually, COD5 is very similar to COD4, so I'll leave that one out. So only Left4Dead for me! :D

Level 34
Gears of War 2 seems so much the same to me :/ I feel Left4Dead or COD5 is a better buy. Actually, COD5 is very similar to COD4, so I'll leave that one out. So only Left4Dead for me! :D
L4D is probably a better buy than Gears 2, but I wouldn't pass up gears. It's definitely the same gears we all loved before, just pumped up on steroids and even better. Pretty much every aspect of the game has improved, and as stated multiple times, the multiplayer is good.

Level 17
Left4dead has great multiplayer, but its just really lacking from what it could have been. I mean, with so few levels shooting zombies over and over gets boring..

You should play it in short sessions, if you just play it straight for too much time every day it'll get boring.. (What happened to me)

Level 8
I don't know why everyone is so excited about Starcraft 2. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if all they did was make the graphics shiny and add some units. Since I don't really care about graphics that doesn't count for much in my book.

I'm looking forward to Majesty 2 and Knights of Honor 2. Both fairly obscure games, but my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.