• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Does Reputation Mean To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Reputation is glorified by this community. Some people deserve it, others do not. Too often have i seen reputation given randomly, for absloutly no real reason. What is a floating GIF to me? Nothing. But what is the respect, that some people wrongly recieve? Lots. Obviously, this is a buissness realm, more reputation means money. You respect the people with the money. Theres a lower class, a middle class and the upper class which runs the show.

Lower class do anything to try and get to middle class. Middle class feels proud, and agrees with technically everything an upper class person would say to feel belonged. And the upper class... well

Money = Corruption. Of course, this applies to only some of the "Upper class"

I think you get the hint.

Level 12
Reputation is glorified by this community. Some people deserve it, others do not. Too often have i seen reputation given randomly, for absloutly no real reason. What is a floating GIF to me? Nothing. But what is the respect, that some people wrongly recieve? Lots. Obviously, this is a buissness realm, more reputation means money. You respect the people with the money. Theres a lower class, a middle class and the upper class which runs the show.

Lower class do anything to try and get to middle class. Middle class feels proud, and agrees with technically everything an upper class person would say to feel belonged. And the upper class... well

Money = Corruption. Of course, this applies to only some of the "Upper class"

I think you get the hint.

Aww your just upset because your a communist bum who "has little to show right now"

Btw Money != Corruption

Corruption == Corruption
Opportunity leads to corruption, and I call you communist as that is exactly what communism restricts

At the same time, it gives such power to a committee of communists, making even more room for corruption (oh my!)

I might be completely off with claiming you to be communist, you may deny it innocently, at the same time it could be possible that you simply a puss and will just say I am dumb for saying such things

Perhaps I am dead-on

No-one can tell

Anyway, yeah your post is pretty much complete BullShit, except the part about new users wanting rep

Thats about it, there is no business here (Business = Trade, there is no trade here, just free information) Money != Corruption, and no there is no hierarchy, and calling a "middle-class" (which I assume I am in this category) whom agrees with the "upper class" (again I assume mods and admins) are mindless for doing so, is completely fucking retarded to say, as they are fucking moderators for a goddamn reason, same with the admins

EDIT

Do not ever forget you are no longer in your shelled community of friends where you can say one simple overly-proved sentence and expect all to say, "Yup, Dude I know exactly what you mean"

Sorry, here we are all diverse, and although it appears to me many are on the left side politically, I am (generally) on the right and will always express myself unto you and your idealisms if I see it fit

Herman, you "have little to show" as well. You should shut up there.
He's meaning corruption as in rep parties, random rep and that shit -- giving rep just because you like a person. Which is completely true. The classes he mentioned would probably be around high 120+, medium 90+ and low all the rest.
His post means a lot more than your post, which means, huh, flaming and idiocy? He was stating his opinion, and opinions aren't needed to be flamed.
Steel has real, actual RESPECT in this community and on B.net, for creating a good map. You, in the opposite, probably don't have very much. Is that worth more than rep? I think yes.
Rep = popularity basically. Reputation is something that you can't dish out, it's something that you gain by yourself -- making a name.
Now, anyone that is 'upset' by the fact that they don't have much rep, means that they actually care about having lots of it. Steel doesn't very much if you may have noticed.

Level 34
He's meaning corruption as in rep parties, random rep and that shit -- giving rep just because you like a person. Which is completely true. The classes he mentioned would probably be around high 120+, medium 90+ and low all the rest.
His post means a lot more than your post, which means, huh, flaming and idiocy? He was stating his opinion, and opinions aren't needed to be flamed.
Steel has real, actual RESPECT in this community and on B.net, for creating a good map. You, in the opposite, probably don't have very much. Is that worth more than rep? I think yes.
Rep = popularity basically. Reputation is something that you can't dish out, it's something that you gain by yourself -- making a name.
Now, anyone that is 'upset' by the fact that they don't have much rep, means that they actually care about having lots of it. Steel doesn't very much if you may have noticed.

Herman makes only arguments and long texts, just ignore him ^^

Level 12
Yes. But still, someone has to teach him ... but yes, brad. If you're a communist bum ... your beacon must be brown :eek:

Teach me a lesson?!? Pff I'd fight you to the bloody end

First, lets start with the corruption bit, he clearly made an immediate comparison on money = corruption, which is what I clearly detested

Second, I was joking about the little to show, and I could care less about little pictures, my opinion has the same value no matter what that little picture says, if you honestly believe it is worth less due to such a miniscule thing, I have no respect for your thoughts

Third, yeah I guess rep is popularity

Fourth, its not hard ot get respect fromv unintellgent people, don't take it as an insult, as apparantly either many people like him, are communist, or dislike me XD, but that is a simple fact

I will continue this post in a few minutes (out of time ><)

Level 30
-someone with a lot of reputation is someone i will always respect... except for braddude and nexus xD (just kidding man) because they probably wont be noob and probably know where there talking about.
-someone with a realy low rep and much post (like me) is someone who likes to have fun and doesnt realy care ... RESPECT ME :p
-someone with the same rep and low post count is someone who likes to make it at the hive
-no rep are people who can learn... and you can help
-neg rep, in my eyes are guys/girls with no respect for others ... so i dont respect them either

Level 34
-someone with a lot of reputation is someone i will always respect... except for braddude and nexus xD (just kidding man) because they probably wont be noob and probably know where there talking about.
-someone with a realy low rep and much post (like me) is someone who likes to have fun and doesnt realy care ... RESPECT ME :p
-someone with the same rep and low post count is someone who likes to make it at the hive
-no rep are people who can learn... and you can help
-neg rep, in my eyes are guys/girls with no respect for others ... so i dont respect them either

I know what you mean, but it's going a bit downhill with me since I've (almost) reached the top 50 :p

Level 9
I don't really look that much at reputation except if they've got negative, meaning they've done some douchebags in the past which I'm taking in consideration.

But people with 0 to little reputation is worth talking/helping seeing as it doesn't mean just because they haven't "farmed/earned" reputation because they haven't been very active on the forum, doesn't mean they're not worth talking to/helping. This reputation systems downside is that some people can get superiority complexes. :p

Level 12
I'm a Communist simply because I desire to be everything you're not Herman.

In reality i'm a Humanist.

Lawl XD

I s'pose you were thinking about turning vegan too?

Meh, I decided to not finish my post as I had lost "The Urge"

Whatevs, atm I don't have anything more to add >< (sorry)

Level 12
Hahaha

Nonono, you said you want to be the opposite of me

My sig says "Flesh Eater"

Heh, Communist != Activist I'm not dumb ><

Level 26
Rep only mattered when I got it on a regular basis, and, therefore, my ego was stroked on a regular basis.

There's no chance of THAT happening now that you can't rep in OT.

At least my rep is at 444. Fancy numbers are cool too.

EDIT: God dammit, HT. You just had to ruin it for me, didn't you?

Last edited:
Level 12
Gentleman, we have here the only man who doesn't care about the size of his dick.

@Brad: Can I be your e-go?

Yeah that didn't make too much sense to me ><

Generally, when a man cares about his dick size it is because it is small and makes him nervous

When a man has a healthy penis size, he is totally un-bothered by any kind of "You R small Peni!" insults, hence does not care about his dick size

I have the most E-GO points in all of E-Land

Status
Not open for further replies.