• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Does Reputation Mean To You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah, our rep points are shiny because we need something to be proud of that isn't a large number

Level 35
Negative Rep: Usually I view these people negatively. However, I have had negative rep in the past for dumb reasons and that doesn't necessarily mean I am bad. Some mistakes might be taken too seriously and negative rep may result. Usually however, that is not the case.

Little Rep: People who are usually new at the forums and I just see these people as regular members.

High Rep: People with a whole ton of respect. I usually dislike these kinds of people because in many of my past experiences, those who went from little to high rep change dramatically. They suddenly turn into arrogant egomaniacs and I hate that.

Rep to me is kind of like a popularity contest but not necessarily. For example, I visit the forums everyday and I have been modelling for 4 years now. However, my rep is about the same value as most people at the Hive. This tells nothing at all.

Rep can't truly determine skill because sometimes you get repped for random things such as a cool avatar.

That's my two cents :)

People with lots of rep have usually been long on THW. And they have seen a lot of crap. They are usually just tired. Look at me. I simply can't stand naruto shit, because it has been bothering me for too long, I have lost many friends to that piece of shit.

I am also tired of bad requests, people with no knowledge who demand much. I am not selfish in the real meaning of the word... I am just tired of certain things.

Level 8
To be honest, I dont realy care much for the rep. but its when people offer to make models, *glares at HappyTauren* and demand rep for this. Why cant we put aside rep and help others out without rep demands. btw, how do I get rep?
[Edit] Well watya know, HappyTauren is on atm too. Ima go ask why he demands rep and if his post is still available.

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well, I got some rep from a tutorial I wrote, quite a bit from Wolvabid because of the join data and some rep off've people from reviewing maps and the like.

In all honesty, it's just getting lucky enough.

Level 5
I Wish that people didn't judge others by rep, as Abraham Lincoln said in the American history:
"All men were created equal"

This doesn't mean that you should be judged by rep, Its not right at all, just judged because someone has a lot of friends.

Its not right at all.

Level 26
I Wish that people didn't judge others by rep, as Abraham Lincoln said in the American history:

This doesn't mean that you should be judged by rep, Its not right at all, just judged because someone has a lot of friends.

Its not right at all.
You're completely right. People have no right to be considered an asshole just because they piss everyone else off. They could have completely changed their attitude overnight, you know?

Level 34

Its not right at all.
This coming from the guy with a few rep.

I do judge. If you have very little rep, the odds of you actually producing anything good is low. It's possible, but not likely.

Level 26
This coming from the guy with a few rep.

I do judge. If you have very little rep, the odds of you actually producing anything good is low. It's possible, but not likely.
Actually, having few rep means little to me. It's those that have no or negative rep that I look out for. Those with a few points are just as likely to be productive members of the Hive as otherwise.

Level 15
I don't care about getting rep as losing it. Anyway persons english and way of talk speak for themselves not just some gifs under your name that show not yourself, it shows how long you have been here. Yes there is a date under your name, but not everyone spend same amount of time each day at hive.
Anyway as much as I saw, if you get very much rep you get mod status. When you get mod status, you start turning into a jerk. Power corrupts, I know for myself I am never going to be a mod, and I'm happy with it. Yes I have gone pretty much off topic, but there are some things that need to be said. If Hive continues to operate this way it will surely get closed. Mods get childish and play with peoples rep, or go nuts cause all the noobs that keep boring them all day. I do not mean noobs as in newbs, I mean noobs that don't care if the Hive gets closed they just wanna... I don't know what do they want.
My point is that Hive will get closed if it continues like this.
Again, back to the topic. You can see if a person is really good even from first 10 posts.
You don't need rep to be known or popular. Because rep is soo easy to loose it's just funny. Yesterday I got -4 rep cause one meaningless post. No rules I say! Yes there are rules for users about posting but none for the admins, mods and other. One guy gets (for example) -3rep cause crappy post, other one gets -12 cause black humor and so on and on. Point? With no rules for punishing users, rep can't get a true value.

I don't care about getting rep as losing it. Anyway persons english and way of talk speak for themselves not just some gifs under your name that show not yourself, it shows how long you have been here. Yes there is a date under your name, but not everyone spend same amount of time each day at hive.
Anyway as much as I saw, if you get very much rep you get mod status. When you get mod status, you start turning into a jerk. Power corrupts, I know for myself I am never going to be a mod, and I'm happy with it. Yes I have gone pretty much off topic, but there are some things that need to be said. If Hive continues to operate this way it will surely get closed. Mods get childish and play with peoples rep, or go nuts cause all the noobs that keep boring them all day. I do not mean noobs as in newbs, I mean noobs that don't care if the Hive gets closed they just wanna... I don't know what do they want.
My point is that Hive will get closed if it continues like this.
Again, back to the topic. You can see if a person is really good even from first 10 posts.
You don't need rep to be known or popular. Because rep is soo easy to loose it's just funny. Yesterday I got -4 rep cause one meaningless post. No rules I say! Yes there are rules for users about posting but none for the admins, mods and other. One guy gets (for example) -3rep cause crappy post, other one gets -12 cause black humor and so on and on. Point? With no rules for punishing users, rep can't get a true value.

Honestly...

TLDR.

Level 8
u guys r the first to LITERALLY roll on the floor laughing. good work guys on unpracticed humor.

Level 12
I am trying not to be gay

(And failing spectacularly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
o_O?????????????? *sighs*

As I see it, reputation is kind of a thing you build up over time by gaining the the approval of your peers and making good stuff :). But what strikes me is how little people are really punished and how stupid and Elitist people get onces the rep goes to there head and there rank sometimes. Ghan_04 is the example of a good apple, while there can be a few samples of bad apple when people become at large in the community.

Really, over all to me, I can't judge people on their rep, I hate the system.

Level 26
o_O?????????????? *sighs*

As I see it, reputation is kind of a thing you build up over time by gaining the the approval of your peers and making good stuff :). But what strikes me is how little people are really punished and how stupid and Elitist people get onces the rep goes to there head and there rank sometimes. Ghan_04 is the example of a good apple, while there can be a few samples of bad apple when people become at large in the community.

Really, over all to me, I can't judge people on their rep, I hate the system.
I totally agree. The rep system is completely unreliable in judging a person on this site. Thank you for sharing your valuable and original input with us fellow users.

Status
Not open for further replies.