• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
I want to respond to 3 comments
- When I set Draw AOE and Draw Attack = Ctrl
When I hold Ctrl to Draw AOE and Draw Attack it means not using all hotkeys. To use it I have to set the hotkey in the tool. You can ignore this problem.
I can't really understand what you mean... And it's up to the user to decide the hotkeys.

- You can add the option to show damage when attacking the enemy. I mean the damage is now on the enemy's head
I consider this a useless memory waste, hence why I didn't do it, nor do I plan to do so. Again, if someone explicitly needs it, he is free to order it, I am not doing it for free.

- I don't know what effect of Draw Hover is?
Mouse has to be over (aka hover) the button, that's what hovering means.
I am still waiting for hotfix 2 for you but have not seen you release. Through a lot of tomorrow :peasant-cheers-back:
Found some other issues, hence why the delay.

Level 3
That has nothing to do with WFE, also you didn't answer to the previous questions, but fine.

That issue is with any model that has 512x512 or bigger textures, and if your Video settings are not set to high.
Go to: Options->Video and put every option like this.
View attachment 370782
Sorry for not answer yout previous question, I know it's not necessary, maybe you knew and too late to answer, but "rebirth" is a HD Mod for Warcraft 3

Warcraft III : Rebirth mod

Level 4
Draw attack on hover and Draw spell AOE in hover nothing happen when i set C button
I dont know active this option
upload_2021-1-7_21-0-2.png

And
upload_2021-1-7_21-0-53.png

It's hard to tell you to understand. I also feel shy about raising a problem with you. But I mean when I set Draw AOE and Draw Attack = Ctrl or turn on any other hotkey. And when I activate it all the default skill hotkeys of the map I play are unusable. I want to use the hotkey I must to set up in your tool. From there I was able to both Draw AOE and Draw Attack and cast skills. If possible, you can remove this limit. If you think it's not necessary OK I don't respond to it anymore

I consider it very carefully before responding you. Hope you are not angry or rough about me. If you feel uncomfortable, please ignore this response

Level 16
Draw attack on hover and Draw spell AOE in hover nothing happen when i set C button
I dont know active this option
View attachment 371575
And
View attachment 371576
It's hard to tell you to understand. I also feel shy about raising a problem with you. But I mean when I set Draw AOE and Draw Attack = Ctrl or turn on any other hotkey. And when I activate it all the default skill hotkeys of the map I play are unusable. I want to use the hotkey I must to set up in your tool. From there I was able to both Draw AOE and Draw Attack and cast skills. If possible, you can remove this limit. If you think it's not necessary OK I don't respond to it anymore

I consider it very carefully before responding you. Hope you are not angry or rough about me. If you feel uncomfortable, please ignore this response
You are better off writing in your native language, I really feel Google Translate will do a better job of explaining, sorry, but your current English is incomprehensible.

Also, I just tested C hotkey, it works completely fine, you should have read my response, I explained what "on hover" means.

Though I did break on hover options, while I was rewriting the code, will fix it. And no I am not angry, I am just unable to understand you, due to the language barrier.

Level 3
I have a error, when I use WFE, although I turned off widescreen, it still enable. When I play online, I will have very lag in mouse and lag (even can't go back war3).

Level 16
I have a error, when I use WFE, although I turned off widescreen, it still enable. When I play online, I will have very lag in mouse and lag (even can't go back war3).
Widescreen issue will be fixed in next update.
As for lagging mouse, I do not know what causes it, sorry, I tried fixing it, but since it never happens to me, I can't really know what to fix. I play sometimes online with my friend, neither he or me have such issue.

You can try disabling Repeat Right Mouse Click option, maybe that's what causes the lag for you.

Level 3
As for lagging mouse, I do not know what causes it, sorry, I tried fixing it, but since it never happens to me, I can't really know what to fix. I play sometimes online with my friend, neither he or me have such issue.

You can try disabling Repeat Right Mouse Click option, maybe that's what causes the lag for you.
Sorry for I don't said true, I have lag when go out desktop.
I don't enable Repeat Right Mouse Click option, but I realize that if I turn off widescreen ingame, I have no lag when go out desktop .

Level 16
Sorry for I don't said true, I have lag when go out desktop.
I don't enable Repeat Right Mouse Click option, but I realize that if I turn off widescreen ingame, I have no lag when go out desktop .
Hmmm, that's weird, could you write your PC specs? Just curious, if it's just CPU bottleneck, or just some other issues that makes Widescreen to cause lag, since, it shouldn't change much.

And also, does this happen in Single Player or in Multiplayer as well? By multiplayer I mean, when there are more than just one real player.

Level 3
Hmmm, that's weird, could you write your PC specs? Just curious, if it's just CPU bottleneck, or just some other issues that makes Widescreen to cause lag, since, it shouldn't change much.

And also, does this happen in Single Player or in Multiplayer as well? By multiplayer I mean, when there are more than just one real player.
upload_2021-1-8_15-55-10.png

Not just me have error, my friend have too.

Edit : I only have in multiplayer

Level 3
So the lag is only in multiplayer, hmmm, Will try to check it. The hardware seems fine and shouldn't have any issues...
But just to clarify, could you try in single player, and report if it happens there too?
I play single pretty much and no problem, will try in Ai map

Level 3
So the lag is only in multiplayer, hmmm, Will try to check it. The hardware seems fine and shouldn't have any issues...
But just to clarify, could you try in single player, and report if it happens there too?
upload_2021-1-8_16-12-13.png

I'm playing single player and and write this reply, all is good and have no any problem

upload_2021-1-8_16-13-18.png

Last edited:
Level 3

Edit : I play multiplay and when turned off widescreen ingame, I still have eroor, but it's not as bad as when turned on widescreen.
Edit 2 : I still why have this error,I think widescreen is just one of the reasons

Level 16
Edit : I play multiplay and when turned off widescreen ingame, I still have eroor, but it's not as bad as when turned on widescreen.
Edit 2 : I still why have this error,I think widescreen is just one of the reasons
Well, I have re-tested it using Single/Lan/Battle.net, I do not encounter such issue, while having most of the options turned on, hence, either it's a driver issue or something else.
In short, I can't fix it, if it's specific to some users, since I am unable to replicate this issue... Try turning off every single option and turning them on one by one, once you will have this issue, I will be able to identify why it happens.
Unless someone is willing to do it, I can't really do anything.~

Level 3
Well, I have re-tested it using Single/Lan/Battle.net, I do not encounter such issue, while having most of the options turned on, hence, either it's a driver issue or something else.
In short, I can't fix it, if it's specific to some users, since I am unable to replicate this issue... Try turning off every single option and turning them on one by one, once you will have this issue, I will be able to identify why it happens.
Unless someone is willing to do it, I can't really do anything.~
Thank for your help, I will wait for next version of WFE, I need test something about your widescreen, hope it!

Level 16
Thank for your help, I will wait for next version of WFE, I need test something about your widescreen, hope it!
I am still testing and re-writing code, hopefully I will end up happy with what I did, and release will be this week.

Also, what version are you playing on? I might probably have a guess now, what was causing the issue.

Also-also, I did add full code for CUnitOnDamageEvent and CTextTagManager, meaning now I can do this:
upload_2021-1-9_13-52-2.png

And yes, the game always knows if the damage was caused by Aatk or any OTHER spell. Meaning Aatk (aka attack) is the only thing considered as a physical attack, anything else, even trigger damage is SPELL damage by logic.

And the damage before actual function call is non-mitigated damage, the damage after function call is post-mitigated damage, meaning it's easy to read both.

upload_2021-1-9_13-53-34.png

Though I only added this code for testing, and probably won't add it to 2.21 hotfix 3, maybe some other time, or well, if there will be a request with a donation for it. :)

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm playing war3 1.26a, and I realize that manabar use pretty much RAM. In normal, isn't a problem, but in HD Mod like rebirth, I will crash after 10 minutes. What does this issue have to do with the fact that I convert it to .mix file to play DotA online?

Level 16
I'm playing war3 1.26a, and I realize that manabar use pretty much RAM. In normal, isn't a problem, but in HD Mod like rebirth, I will crash after 10 minutes. What does this issue have to do with the fact that I convert it to .mix file to play DotA online?
I have no clue about this mode or what it does, nor can I understand the reason for crash if you don’t attach an error log, do you honestly expect me to guess what does what? Also, the issue could be with conflicts of features of dota and WFE, I can’t do anything to issues specifics to maps.

Again, please attach error log.

Level 1
I've confirmed with multiple people on 1.27b and 1.26 that setting FPS unlock mode to other than "Off" causes the mouse lag issue
Also, when alt-tabbing on Windows 10, dwm.exe CPU usage skyrockets, hanging the pc. On Windows 7 war3.exe starts to use 1 core 100%
This only happens in multiplayer(starting a solo lan game sufficies), but if "Disable Pause" is set it happens in singleplayer too

Level 6
Tested ver 2.21.
Only 2 problem:
- Widescreen is always on
- MP Bar will detach HP Bar if set HP Bar height <0.04

And i suggestions a small feature: display the value of camera height when zoom-in or zoom-out.

Level 16
Tested ver 2.21.
Only 2 problem:
- Widescreen is always on
- MP Bar will detach HP Bar if set HP Bar height <0.04
upload_2021-1-14_16-13-22.png

Widescreen issue is also fixed.

And i suggestions a small feature: display the value of camera height when zoom-in or zoom-out.
Not really a useful thing, and since some people won't like it, I will have to add a feature to have it turnable on/off, doubt I want to make it.

Seems like 2.21 Hotfix 2 is stable, uploading it now.

Last edited:
Level 16
Wait... "@setmovetype 2" work on mutilplayer or only singer player? If it work on mutilplayer you should remove it, it is hack.
Any test command, that does anything like changing movetypes will desync in multiplayer. If you are alone in the game, single player or multiplayer it will work.

I mean, same goes to @attack and so on, so what's the issue?

Level 6
Any test command, that does anything like changing movetypes will desync in multiplayer. If you are alone in the game, single player or multiplayer it will work.

I mean, same goes to @attack and so on, so what's the issue?

Ah that's fine. I just got my PC back and just tested alone, so ask for sure (y).

Level 16
Lag error still occurs, I play in Battle.net, DotA Allstars Map :(
Well, nothing I can do about it, and I've asked you like 3 times, what version you play on. It could be just DotA being weird for all I know, sorry, but you are providing no information, so I can't even guess anything. No logs, no information if turning off some features removes the lag for you.
I mean how do you expect me to fix it, when I don't have such issue and you do not provide me with information? :/

Level 3
Well, nothing I can do about it, and I've asked you like 3 times, what version you play on. It could be just DotA being weird for all I know, sorry, but you are providing no information, so I can't even guess anything. No logs, no information if turning off some features removes the lag for you.
I mean how do you expect me to fix it, when I don't have such issue and you do not provide me with information? :/
upload_2021-1-14_22-28-28.png

I ready to provide all information you need, but version of War3 or version of map DotA ?

Level 16
View attachment 371871

I ready to provide all information you need, but version of War3 or version of map DotA ?
Well, I thought you meant 1.26a for single player, are you playing on Oz-Bnet that has 1.26a or where? Anyways, that information is insufficient, I asked you to test, if disabling options solves the issue...
upload_2021-1-14_19-32-57.png

I mean, this provides pretty much nothing... Anyways, sorry, but I am not going to waste more of my time guessing what causes lags for certain people.

All I am getting, is that you somehow either manage to overload your WC3, or your Laptop uses integrated Video Card instead of Discrete, and it can't keep up.

Type /fps and send me how much FPS you have, hopefully it's above 64.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-14_19-32-26.png
    upload_2021-1-14_19-32-26.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 33
Level 3
Well, I thought you meant 1.26a for single player, are you playing on Oz-Bnet that has 1.26a or where? Anyways, that information is insufficient, I asked you to test, if disabling options solves the issue...
View attachment 371873
I mean, this provides pretty much nothing... Anyways, sorry, but I am not going to waste more of my time guessing what causes lags for certain people.

All I am getting, is that you somehow either manage to overload your WC3, or your Laptop uses integrated Video Card instead of Discrete, and it can't keep up.

Type /fps and send me how much FPS you have, hopefully it's above 64.
sadly there is no charger in my place, I left it at home, sorry!

I also tested a few things, when not playing the HD mod and playing the HD mod. Both have lag when go out desktop, but I think (I have tested) that when I don't play HD mod, I still get the error, and my fps is still quite high (sorry, I will take a shot when have charger).

And you guessed right, my laptop uses integrated Video Card instead of Discrete

Level 16
sadly there is no charger in my place, I left it at home, sorry!

I also tested a few things, when not playing the HD mod and playing the HD mod. Both have lag when go out desktop, but I think (I have tested) that when I don't play HD mod, I still get the error, and my fps is still quite high (sorry, I will take a shot when have charger).

And you guessed right, my laptop uses integrated Video Card instead of Discrete
Well, you could also check the Task Manager for the GPU load, though it's weird that it lags when you go to desktop, it makes no sense, since most of features in WFE will not be used if the window is not active and foreground...
The only thing left, is for you to actually just disable everything in WFE and if the error is gone -> enable options one by one, until the lag starts again, since if I can get a specific option to be "marked" then I can take a deep look to find the cause.
If disabling everything does not help, then it could be an issue of libraries/drivers or whatever, since I have tested my stuff on a 10 y.o. laptop that had Intel Core 2 Duo 2 cores 2 threads and no discrete graphics and it never lagged... <_>"

Level 3
Well, you could also check the Task Manager for the GPU load, though it's weird that it lags when you go to desktop, it makes no sense, since most of features in WFE will not be used if the window is not active and foreground...
The only thing left, is for you to actually just disable everything in WFE and if the error is gone -> enable options one by one, until the lag starts again, since if I can get a specific option to be "marked" then I can take a deep look to find the cause.
If disabling everything does not help, then it could be an issue of libraries/drivers or whatever, since I have tested my stuff on a 10 y.o. laptop that had Intel Core 2 Duo 2 cores 2 threads and no discrete graphics and it never lagged... <_>"
upload_2021-1-14_22-58-6.png

I checked this comment, all he said is correct, when I turn on "Disable Pause", lag mouse error will happen in single player

Level 16
View attachment 371875

I checked this comment, all he said is correct, when I turn on "Disable Pause", lag mouse error will happen in single player
Well, yeah, Disable Pause literally means it tries to re-activate window, so it makes sense.

The FPS Unlocker skyrockets? I am using it, and I can show you the usage is like 2-3% higher, though on Intel CPUs it's better to use Legacy and not New.

Edit: thanks for the rest of the info, will work on Hotfix 3.

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 2.21 (experimental) Hotfix 3

1. Fixed fatal error if Manabar was turned on and WFE was injected while in-game and Always Show Health Bars was on.
Note: Manabar patch won't be activated if you injected WFE.dll while being in a game, to prevent Fatal Errors.
2. Fixed Custom Health/Mana text being draw on top of the default one, if Black Bars was toggled while Console was hidden.
3. Added CGameStateEventHandler function hook, this is used to catch event->id == 3, aka the Pause id.
4. Disable Pause feature was remade to not use WindowProc WM_ACTIVATE message, instead it will simply ignore the Game Pause Mechanic.
Note: This only works in Single Player as it was supposed to. Sadly this limits the game to 15 FPS while in background, I do not know what function causes this.
5. Fixed Backspace being unable to remove characters, if it was bound to any hotkey. WFE will now always consider Backspace non-hotkey, yet it will fulfil what is bound to it.
6. Fixed broken Health Bars if Always Show Health bars option was on and Disable Pause was enabled.
7. Added Game Type Recognition to WFE, now WFE will know when you are in a Single Player mode, only then the Disable Pause will activate.

Level 6
WFE 2.21 (experimental) Hotfix 3

1. Fixed fatal error if Manabar was turned on and WFE was injected while in-game and Always Show Health Bars was on.

Yesterday I got fatal error every time I quit war3. I thought it's my war3 folder broken so I reinstalled the game, and it actually fix it :pnewt:

Last edited:
Level 4
upload_2021-1-16_3-27-22.png
When I hold Ctrl to draw the attack ring and the AOE ring. All maps default hotkeys. A simple example is hotkey [A] attack but not Active. If I want to use it I have to set it up in your tool hotkey. I tried to speak to let you understand. I think you can bypass this limit.

Again I try to use Draw Attack on hover and Draw Spell AOE on hover by holding down 1 button I have set. Example ctrl button. And hover to hero. Nothing happened. There is no AOE circle or attack circle

upload_2021-1-16_3-41-38.png

I think you should set an exit button and a show button when you right click on a tool icon

Currently I have not encountered any errors last version Hotfix 3

Last edited:
Level 16
When I hold Ctrl to draw the attack ring and the AOE ring. All maps default hotkeys. A simple example is hotkey [A] attack but not Active. If I want to use it I have to set it up in your tool hotkey. I tried to speak to let you understand. I think you can bypass this limit.

Again I try to use Draw Attack on hover and Draw Spell AOE on hover by holding down 1 button I have set. Example ctrl button. And hover to hero. Nothing happened. There is no AOE circle or attack circle
That is how Warcraft 3 handles it, since CTRL + A doesn't equal to just A. Start the game without WFE and try it, the same result will happen. Also I don't want to add even more code, to somehow guess what button you pressed, that's why Hotkeys NEED to be setup.
I do not plan on rewriting this, since it makes no sense and will introduce even more issues.

View attachment 371911
I think you should set an exit button and a show button when you right click on a tool icon
I'll think about it.

Currently I have not encountered any errors last version Hotfix 3
Okay. Thanks.

Level 4

I have not received a satisfactory answer to the problem

Level 16
I have not received a satisfactory answer to the problem
upload_2021-1-16_17-52-37.png

upload_2021-1-16_17-52-49.png
Look at the screenshots in the spoiler. Everything works fine, what are you talking about?

I've told you like 3 times, you need to hover over Attack Button for Attack Draw and hover over Spell Buttons for spells.
Can this be updated to work with 1.31?
Anything above 1.28.5 requires someone giving me a tool that can disassemble WC3 of versions 1.29+, without it, I can't get offset list, hence I am unable to make the tool compatible with it.
Unless someone can provide the tool or offsets, updating is impossible.

Level 4
Look at the screenshots in the spoiler. Everything works fine, what are you talking about?

I've told you like 3 times, you need to hover over Attack Button for Attack Draw and hover over Spell Buttons for spells.

Anything above 1.28.5 requires someone giving me a tool that can disassemble WC3 of versions 1.29+, without it, I can't get offset list, hence I am unable to make the tool compatible with it.
Unless someone can provide the tool or offsets, updating is impossible.
OK Now I understand the problem

Level 4
upload_2021-1-16_22-54-58.png

I see 1.29.2 and 1.28.5 in terms of file structure not much different. I probably don't have much programming knowledge. There are 1 Dlls. For example Game.dll disappeared from 1.29.2 and above

Level 16
OK Now I understand the problem
Nice, though yeah, it's sort of hard to understand from the get-go, so I can understand why you misunderstood.
I see 1.29.2 and 1.28.5 in terms of file structure not much different. I probably don't have much programming knowledge. There are 1 Dlls. For example Game.dll disappeared from 1.29.2 and above
They were merged into the .exe itself, and encryption was added, so it's not an issue, as long as someone can decompile the war3.exe.

Level 4
Nice, though yeah, it's sort of hard to understand from the get-go, so I can understand why you misunderstood.

They were merged into the .exe itself, and encryption was added, so it's not an issue, as long as someone can decompile the war3.exe.

I understood why you don't want to do stuff above 1.29 and above. Because 1.30 and 1.31 it changed the whole structure of Warcraft III. Sorry I won't mention this anymore. Sympathy for you

AucT Hotkeys Tool is the only tool that currently supports 1.29 and 1.30. I wonder if he's willing to share decompilation

Level 16
I understood why you don't want to do stuff above 1.29 and above. Because 1.30 and 1.31 it changed the whole structure of Warcraft III. Sorry I won't mention this anymore. Sympathy for you
It's fine, I don't really mind it.

AucT Hotkeys Tool is the only tool that currently supports 1.29 and 1.30. I wonder if he's willing to share decompilation
It doesn't have any offsets it literally clicks on the position and overwrites global key press, which is not a good practice. In short, just making hotkeys and so on is possible with just scripts, I am hooking in-game mechanics, which is a tad different.
Even shorter: his methods are not involving WC3 at all.

Edit:

View attachment 371911
Will be added in Hotfix 4. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit2:

WFE 2.21 (experimental) Hotfix 4
1. Fixed an issue with wrong HP/MP data written under portrait in replays, now WFE grabs the owner of the portrait and not a selected unit.
2. Fixed wrong offsets for Disable Pause on patches 1.27a/1.27b/1.28f, now it works correctly.
3. Added Borderless option in Launcher, this will make the game start in pseudo full-screen mode if used with -window launch argument.
4. Fixed bug with IsCNetGame check returning wrong values.
5. Re-re-re-fixed SpellBook detection, I really should stop trying to optimise code at 5 a.m....
6. Added ContextMenu to WFE in Tray Mode. Now you can Right Click on it and click Exit button and it will close the application.
7. Tray Icon will no longer unwrap if Double Right Click was issued. It will only react to Double Left Mouse Click.

Last edited:
Level 16
New build windows defender detect Malware
Nothing I can really do about, Virus databases update nearly daily and sometimes when I work it starts saying that there is a virus, then next day - nothing. Sorry, but I am unable to dance with Micro$oft Defender, since it won't give any results.
Don't forget, anything that edits memory -> is considered a dangerous hence is flagged, then it tries to compare PE headers and hence we have the false-positives.
In short, nothing I can do.

Level 4
Nothing I can really do about, Virus databases update nearly daily and sometimes when I work it starts saying that there is a virus, then next day - nothing. Sorry, but I am unable to dance with Micro$oft Defender, since it won't give any results.
Don't forget, anything that edits memory -> is considered a dangerous hence is flagged, then it tries to compare PE headers and hence we have the false-positives.
In short, nothing I can do.
For me there is no problem.
I just report

Level 16
For me there is no problem.
I just report
Well, as I said, it's just the Virus Databases updates.
Thanks for the report anyways :)

Edit: So far v2.22 (aka the one I am making atm) is not as hit by Antiviruses as v2.21, let's hope I won't be unlucky this time and it will be as previous versions in terms of Virust Detections .-.

Last edited: