• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
Sorry, I am a newcomer. In my country, I recommended your software to other friends, and they were very shocked after using it. Of course, there is no need to overemphasize that this tool is already excellent. As for whether to change the software, when to change is your freedom, we will always pay attention to and look forward to your updates. Sorry again, my English is not good, the above content is translated by translation software.
There were no errors in the text, I was pointing out that when the text is on an image, (and on most sites the images need to be enlarged to properly see little details), it just takes longer to read it.

The translation tool is fine, as I understood what it meant regardless.

Also no need to apologise, as you did nothing wrong, instead I should apologise for a quite rough answer. Cheers. :)

Level 3
I merged two screenshots using Photoshop and found some details. If you want to modify the software, you can refer to it.
1、All item icons should be stretched 8px to the right.
2、The right side of the console is a bit blurry, it should be moved 3px to the right.
3、4、5、6、If these ability icons are a whole, they need to be stretched 7px to the right.
1686579886111.png

In addition, the inventory cover should be stretched 3px to the left.
1686580091276.png

Level 3
There was a mistake in one place. The right part of the console is a bit blurry. It should be compressed to the right by 3px instead of being moved by 3px.

Level 16
Thank you for the detailed info, due to some unfortunate circumstances, the next wfe update will most likely take much longer to be released, as Visual Studio decided to nuke my App (not the library fortunately), so whilst I am developing another project of mine, I am making a new app that will combine all of my works into one.

Thanks again. :)

Level 1
The latest v3.1.11.68 (perhaps some recent versions too) changes the fonts of the HP/MANA text; particularly it enlarges the numbers.
I found an older version v2.27 doesn't do that.
Example:
with the tool off:
2.jpg

then with the tool enabled/injected:
1.jpg

I didn't enable any thing under the HP/MANA text section.
In fact, in the new tool, it automatically enables this section even if I select everything (so I have to change the mana color to white or the tool will change it to blue :ogre_rage:).

Some small issues:
The latest version doesn't save and load correctly.
Have to copy the file from the Profile folder to the main folder and name it WFEConfig.ini,
then it still saves to the Profile folder (but doesn't read from there).
The older version works pretty much flawlessly, though it doesn't have the option to change HP/MANA text color (while the tool automatically changes the color to blue...)

Random quirks here and there, but still liking the ability to show damage received :piru:

Level 16
The latest v3.1.11.68 (perhaps some recent versions too) changes the fonts of the HP/MANA text; particularly it enlarges the numbers.
I found an older version v2.27 doesn't do that.
Example:
with the tool off:
View attachment 447494
then with the tool enabled/injected:
View attachment 447495

I didn't enable any thing under the HP/MANA text section.
In fact, in the new tool, it automatically enables this section even if I select everything (so I have to change the mana color to white or the tool will change it to blue :ogre_rage:).

Some small issues:
The latest version doesn't save and load correctly.
Have to copy the file from the Profile folder to the main folder and name it WFEConfig.ini,
then it still saves to the Profile folder (but doesn't read from there).
The older version works pretty much flawlessly, though it doesn't have the option to change HP/MANA text color (while the tool automatically changes the color to blue...)

Random quirks here and there, but still liking the ability to show damage received :piru:

1. I removed old CSimpleFontString (aka hp/mp) labels precisely because they had no OnClick events (this is used for ALT + Click on them to print values to chat), so they are not coming back at all.
I might add Font Control, but that is under a big question, though not a bad idea.
2. Yeah, it is always enabled, due to a small mistake, but again, that "downside" is barely an issue, so not sure what's bothering you.
3. As for the save/load, you need to change profile name here:

1694681493300.png

Edit to something like this:
1694681511835.png

Then press "+" and it will be saveable...

1694681529860.png

I am slowly working on a new app that has this process simplified and rationalised, I couldn't do it in previous app as it was barely compiling and it ended up getting nuke by Visual Studio hence forcing me to remake the whole app... <_>

Level 1
Hello, I'm abit confused on how smartcast are used, can you explain more?
This is my hotkey layout, what was suppose to happen when I press Q?
I have seen your previous comment saying it work somewhat work like LoL Quickcast, however when I press Q it still work as the vanilla without automatically casting the skill instantly.
1696418632767.png

Level 16
Hello, I'm abit confused on how smartcast are used, can you explain more?
This is my hotkey layout, what was suppose to happen when I press Q?
I have seen your previous comment saying it work somewhat work like LoL Quickcast, however when I press Q it still work as the vanilla without automatically casting the skill instantly.
View attachment 449709
Hopefully you did these steps:

1696535748972.png

If so, then it should instantly issue Left Mouse Click whenever you click Q, as long as it's a normal ability and not inside spellbook, since spellbook has its own settings.