• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
hotkey for "clear msgs" still not working
the only working key is backspace, even if u change key in settings
Yep, forgot to change the CLEARMESSAGES to UTILCLEARMESSAGES in config write in .exe, thanks.

WFE v2.18 (hotfix) uploaded.
Changelog:

1. All WFE System Hotkeys will no longer trigger, while chat is open.
2. Smartcast no longer will trigger while game is in main menu, etc.
3. Fully rewritten Cooldown Display system, now it is accurate for items/units as well. (Was capped at 2 minutes at a time before).
4. Manabar code rewritten, now Manabar will also be drawn when mouse is over unit.
5. Hugely condensed code in GetButtonCooldown, though how much it will improve performance is hard to determine.
6. Single Player Unpause reworked, now has no lag between reactivation of the Warcraft 3 window.
7. Fixed Clear Messages Hotkey not being read correctly, since it was looking for UTILCLEARMESSAGES when CLEARMESSAGES was written instead.
8. Hidden exception error if language.xml does not exist, the program will just use English as default language.

Coming soon to WFE v2.19

AoE indicators for spells and attack:

Attack AoE Indicator:
lilq2TosS70.jpg

Spell AoE indicator:

HF4oOe3p17U.jpg

I am using default Warcraft 3 texture for now, since it is easier to test with. If all goes well, I am hoping to recreate LoL indicators (not all of them) like this:

Last edited:
Level 2
7. Fixed Clear Messages Hotkey not being read correctly, since it was looking for UTILCLEARMESSAGES when CLEARMESSAGES was written instead.

Now it works for other keys, but still not workin for ESCAPE, maybe smth wrong with my keyboard i dunno

Level 4
Hello Please add multi messages to 1 button
I mean
test1 for F3
test2 for F3
test3 for F3
If i push the button F3, messages show multi
test1
test2
test3
I hope you know what i mean. Thanks

Ps1: And i hope you add manabar support 1.24E
Ps2: And i hope you add zoom in zoom out camera

Last edited:
Level 16
Hello Please add multi messages to 1 button
I mean
test1 for F3
test2 for F3
test3 for F3
If i push the button F3, messages show multi
test1
test2
test3
I hope you know what i mean. Thanks
Fixed, thanks for reporting this issue.

Ps1: And i hope you add manabar support 1.24E
Fixed as well, I have written a wrong offset for new Manabar handling system, hence why it stopped working.
Ps2: And i hope you add zoom in zoom out camera
For camera hook to work, you need to enable Camera Steps in Settings menu.
unknown.png

Will add you in Credits section for reporting bugs, ty.

Level 4
I mean Change Camera Distance. Sorry my english me is too bad. But i hope you know :(
Video demo (skip time to 8:20s)
Link file Mix
Camera Hack
Ps: File mix support only 1.26A.

Level 16
I mean Change Camera Distance. Sorry my english me is too bad. But i hope you know :(
Video demo (skip time to 8:20s)
Link file Mix
Camera Hack
Ps: File mix support only 1.26A.
I am not going to add something that is deprecated, compared to my system, sorry.

Example of Camera Height modification by WFE below.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:
Level 4
sorry i have not tested before responding
After pressing the Camera steps button
I can change the Change camera spacing with Ctrl + numpad and Ctrl - numpad and Ctrl mouse wheel

Level 4
I think this map limit 400
I test other maps and this tool show 522
I will test many maps before confirm this bug. Sorry I delete the above comment

Level 16
I think this map limit 400
I test other maps and this tool show 522
I will test many maps before confirm this bug. Sorry I delete the above comment
Yep, that map has 400 set as movement speed limit, I though I have made a mistake too.

Screenshot_5.png

Thanks for reporting anyways. :)

Moved previous post about version update here, so it can be seen on page 4, instead of 3.

WFE v2.19 uploaded, it is VERY modified compared to v2.18, meaning it is even more experimental, please do report if you find any issues or bugs, since it is really hard for me alone to test/find everything along with coding it.

Enjoy!

1. Re-fixed Camera rotation blocker while in game menu or any other menu tab is open (got broken in 2.17 hotfix).
2. WFE.exe now sends inputted button in Update Data, instead of always sending NUM9.
3. Added Escape button as bindable button to WFE.
4. WFE.exe UI revamped yet again, now all options are in child control with autoscroll enabled.
5. Fixed fatal error with test commands, if payload was not a number i.e. "@str -".
6. Reworked TestCommand handler to utilize case/switch, instead of many-many if/else.
7. Fixed fatal error with Quick Message system, updated offset was wrong.
8. Fixed Quick Message system only working on 1.26a/1.27a.
9. Added CInfoPanelEnterEvent.
10. Added CInfoPanelExitEvent.
11. Reworked GetValue to utilize std::map, instead of multiple if Key "SHIFT" checks, etc.
12. Reworked FromValue to utilize case/switch instead of many-many if/else ifs... oopsie.
13. Separated all SHIFT/CTRL/KEY into Right and Left, older configs with ALT/CTRL/SHIFT will always refer to L(ALT/SHIFT/CTRL) to preverse backwards compatibility.
14. IsAbilityBind and IsItemBind options removed, substituted by a better system overall.
15. Removed option settings for on/reversed keybinds for Spellbooks and Shops, more on this in changelog below.
16. Added separate setting for Spellbook keybinds.
17. Added separate setting for Neutral/Shop keybinds.
18. Added key bind setting for drawing Attack Range when cursor is hovered over DamageIcon.
19. Added key bind setting for drawing Attack Range regardless of cursor position.
20. Added WFE.mpq as automatically loaded MPQ, as long as it exists in the same folder was WFEDLL.dll, works with .mix too, if same condition is met.
21. Files in WFE.mpq are not all loaded into game, you may modify this file if you wish, just don't remove or break the indicator :).
22. Added custom AoE indicator to WFE.mpq, for Attack / Spell Usage draw.
23. Added Interface Menu, here you can configure parts of the UI you want to disable.
24. Added Enable UI Modification option to Interface Menu, if enabled will take selected options and utilize them.
25. Added Black Bars option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Black Bars on Game UI.
26. Added Infor Bar option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Unit Information Bar (damage, armour, level, etc.) from Game UI.
27. Added Left Console option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide whole Left part of the Game UI, excluding the buttons that are placed on it.
28. Added Right Console option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide whole Right part of the Game UI, excluding the buttons that are placed on it.
29. Added Upper Menu Bar option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Menu Panel from Game UI.
30. Added Resource Bar option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Resource Panel (gold, lumber, food and upkeep) from Game UI.
31. Added Minimap option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Minimap and its buttons from Game UI.
32. Added Ability Buttons option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide all Abilities/Command Buttons from Game UI. (this does not disabled them, only hides).
33. Added Portrait option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Portrait with its Health and Mana Labels from Game UI.
34. Added Item Buttons option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide all Item buttons from Game UI. (If Right Console is not disabled, you will still see the empty slots).
35. Added Hero Bar option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide all Hero Icons from Game UI. (F1-F6 will still work just fine.)
36. Added Inventory Cover option in Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Inventory Cover texture from Game UI.
37. Added Peon Bar option to Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Peon Button from UI.
38. Added Time Indicator option to Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Time of Day Indicator from Game UI.
39. Added Tooltip option to Interface Menu, if disabled, will hide Tooltip from Game UI. (This hides only the buttons/labels tooltip that is above the Command Bar).
40. Added Mouse Tooltip option to Interface Menu, if enabled, will attach Tooltip to the mouse coordinates, instead of it being in the right corner above Command Bar (Abilities).
41. Changed @id to @unitid, this command still will print selected unit Id, as it did before.
42. New @id command will now print Id of Unit/Item/Destructable/Ability under cursor.
43. @copy now can also copy selected items.
44. Added translations to new options via Google Translate.
45. Fixed QuickMessage option, now it works with multiple same keys, previously messages that had "conflicting" keys would simply be skipped.
46. QuickMessage now prints "multiline" text, if Hotkeys of multiple messages share the same key.
47. Manabar fixed for 1.24e, offset used for new way of Handling Bars was wrong.

Level 4
Wrong color HP of enemies and allies
Disable Pause will slow, lag my pc. I can move mouse it too slow. I dont know this is bug

Level 16
Wrong color HP of enemies and allies
Yep, I screwed up the UI in the tool, labels are in wrong positions.

Edit: fixed, redownload WFE.
Disable Pause will slow my pc. I can move mouse it too slow. I dont know this is bug
That is not a bug, since to "disable" pause I have to send to Window a signal for it to wake up, that has to be done continiously, so weaker PCs will suffer from that. There is nothing that can be done to that, if you rarely play singeplayer and rarely tab out, just don't use this feature.

Level 16
- How to set hotkey for quick mess by Alt+another button? Like Alt+1 or Ctrl+1,...
Hold Ctrl/Shift/Alt and press button, then it will register it as combo.
- How to clear hotkey to none?
Simply click on the button with Left Mouse Button, though in Quick Messages it seems it does not clear them, will fix it, thanks.

Edits: fixed, redownload WFE.
I dont know option text and shadow. I change color but i don't know effect in game
Those options are inside of Cooldown Indicator, and it draws only if something is on cooldown, it does NOT affect messages, hence why it is in Cooldown UI option.

Level 6
That is not a bug, that is automatic notification that maximizes the window, so person who is playing does not forget he was alttabbed.
Is there any way to complete turn it off? I use a ultrawide 21:9 monitor, and i dont want go full screen (UI will stretched), i just want it keep on a 16:9 window :(

Level 16
Is there any way to complete turn it off? I use a ultrawide 21:9 monitor, and i dont want go full screen (UI will stretched), i just want it keep on a 16:9 window :(
Not as of now, I will add it as a feature in later hotfix, though it is kind of pointless. I also have 21:9, if you don't have "Widescreen" option selected, then enable it, it will prevent image being stretched.
Anyhow, will add "Game Notification" option, to allow the user to select if he want to be reminded that he is in a game or no, etc.

Level 6
Not as of now, I will add it as a feature in later hotfix, though it is kind of pointless. I also have 21:9, if you don't have "Widescreen" option selected, then enable it, it will prevent image being stretched.
Anyhow, will add "Game Notification" option, to allow the user to select if he want to be reminded that he is in a game or no, etc.
"Widescreen" option only effect in-game object, it not effect the UI, the UI look super stretch in 21:9 ratio :psick:

Level 6
Never was bothered by it, but to each his own, I guess.
When the game is loading, i often alt+tab to chrome. So now to avoid "full screen" happen, i will use window+tab instead of alt+tab :plol:
Edit: it still happen when use window+tab.

Last edited:
Level 4
#1: I can't activate AOE skill same it
HF4oOe3p17U.jpg

#2: Combo button this opption not work. eg: Ctrl + 1 v.v...
upload_2020-11-16_22-18-8.png

#3: I think this is bug
If i select all and delete, it will del 1 line not delete all.
upload_2020-11-16_22-19-20.png

Sorry my english me too bad. I hope you know it :( Thank you so much

Last edited:
Level 16
why it not works on Atinad? Game just closing, and u get the msg about hack
That is up to Atinad if they detect any changes in memory, sorry, it is not up to me.
#1: I can't activate AOE skill same it
HF4oOe3p17U.jpg
You need to assing the button in Custom indicators, then hold that Key + Spell bind or Key + hover over spell, for it to work... Same way as in League of Legends.

Example:

Screenshot_2.png

Meaning when I press Left Shit + one of the bind in Abilities or Items, let's say these ones:

Screenshot_3.png

So the result will be Left Shift + Q to display AoE of ability bound on Q button, as shown on screenshot above.

#2: Combo button this opption not work. eg: Ctrl + 1 v.v...
Because it doesn't need additional assigns, it is literally setting ONE key that adds to Ability/Item binds to do the action, read changelog, I have explained it in it.
View attachment 368208
#3: I think this is bug
If i select all and delete, it will del 1 line not delete all.
View attachment 368209
Sorry my english me too bad. I hope you know it :( Thank you so much
Only one line is removed at a time, I did not program mass-selection, it was not made for it.

'Shadow' actually 'Text Color'.
'Text' actually 'Text Border Color'.
Will fix in next update, thanks!
Edit: Shadow naming is correct, since I am creating a shadow to mimic border. Border by itself exists even without shadow, hence why it is shadow. :)
Btw, you are using Linux, or how did you make the application fully black?

I think manabar for 1.24E not stable :(
Will check it in a bit, although, where are you even playing 1.24e? I am just curious :D

Edit: I just checked 1.24e, everything seems to be fine: 2020-11-16 23-36-34.mp4

If you can't view the video, will re-make it on a different encoder. In short, I don't have such issue, so either you have an old version of WFEDll.dll or WFEDll.mix somewhere, or some other manabar that conflicts with mine.

Attachments

• 2020-11-16 23-36-34.mp4
    6 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 16
This map from videos
LOD Super v2.7 Official - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
I test other maps custom hero legend manabar still work. I will test other maps...
I just realized what is wrong, you are injecting the .dll when in game, Manabar cannot be normally created if you are already in a game, you need to inject BEFORE you start playing any map.
In short I copied what you did, and the manabar is indeed working funny, I will try to fix this, but it was not meant to be used like this to begin with.

Level 4
I'm sorry
I was too subjective when I did not follow exactly what you instructed. After reading your instructions manabar has been working flawlessly so far.

Level 16
I'm sorry
I was too subjective when I did not follow exactly what you instructed. After reading your instructions manabar has been working flawlessly so far.
Well, I was just not expecting someone to inject the .dll while already in game, since usually it is done while in Warcraft 3 main menu, but still, thanks for testing it out.

Level 4
I know. when I change options in the game. I just need to save and all settings will be executed without any injection.

Level 16
I know. when I change options in the game. I just need to save and all settings will be executed without any injection.
Not really sure what you are trying to say, but anyways, you don't need to change and then edit, just inject, then modify what options you need and just click Save, it will update all data, no need to restart Warcraft 3 and so on.

Level 16
Neutral building not show correct hp color.
That is not a bug, I did not consider the necessity to colour Neutral Aggressive as a separate colour, this feature colours Neutral Pasive. Since Aggressive is an enemy by default.
Edit: Neutrals were not being coloured correctly, will be fixed, thanks!

And i want sorry i cant activate draw bound spell. I try more and more but it still not work. Draw attack[push A] when i activate circle show range my hero.
Ps: I not play league of legends. That why i cant draw bound spell ?
<REMOVED>
I was giving an example, to what it is similar to, playing or not playing LoL does not matter.
I will explain how to use it in Discord, since it will be a wall of spam here.
I might consider writing a full guide on how to use each option, though I thought it was all straight-forward, apparently no.

Edit: there was a misunderstanding from AshtonLee, solved it in Discord.
Short explanation, Draw AoE only draws the distance of ability usage, it does not write numbers or things like that.

Edit2: in next version, issue with Draw Spell AoE not allowing you to actually cast ability will be fixed, meaning right now it only allows to display AoE, but does not allow you to cast ability while AoE is shown.

Last edited:
Level 6
Will fix in next update, thanks!
Edit: Shadow naming is correct, since I am creating a shadow to mimic border. Border by itself exists even without shadow, hence why it is shadow. :)
Btw, you are using Linux, or how did you make the application fully black?
It's just a custom dark theme of windows 10. You can find many of them in deviantart.

Level 6
A small bug: when zooming out camera, in-game image will look darker and darker, until you zoom in camera again, there "black fog" will disappear!

Level 16
A small bug: when zooming out camera, in-game image will look darker and darker, until you zoom in camera again, there "black fog" will disappear!
That is not a bug, that black fog is based off FarZ edit it to 10000 and it will be fine. 5000 is default value.

In short, it is a byproduct of hooking game’s camera handling function, it is the best result that is simply possible, unless even more code is written, which I don’t want to do, since it works really well.

Level 6
That is not a bug, that black fog is based off FarZ edit it to 10000 and it will be fine. 5000 is default value.

In short, it is a byproduct of hooking game’s camera handling function, it is the best result that is simply possible, unless even more code is written, which I don’t want to do, since it works really well.
My FarZ is 7500. And it's not about the FarZ, i set 10000 or 20000 still same problem. If FarZ too low, we will see top area of screen complete black, but in this case it is just a darker image.
Anyway, this problem is not important, i just suggestions.

Last edited:
Level 16
My FarZ is 7500. And it's not about the FarZ, i set 10000 or 20000 still same problem. If FarZ too low, we will see top area of screen complete black, but in this case it is just a darker image.
Anyway, this error is not serious, I just suggestions.
Then I have no clue what you are talking about, make a screenshot of the issue you are talking about.