• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
Thanks for the feature update.
For your info Unryze, on the main menu with patch 1.26a (so, without vsync in the menu), my FPS usually varied from 1200 to 1700 FPS, which drained about 110-130W on my 6800XT at 3440x1440. Which is quite a lot (but then again, so is 1200+FPS), although thankfully I don't linger very long in the main menu. It also created a lot of coil whine due to the very high framerate.
110-130W my RX580 in idle uses 25W in idle and goes up to 65 with WC3 open at most (which is still a lot), in WC3 windowed mode.

In-game, GPU power usage goes back down to 40W with a 140FPS limit in WFE. And now that I play with 1.27b, with the vsync in the main menu, power usage is back down to 35W in the lobby since the FPS doesn't go crazy high anymore. Your new feature might save up a few watts here and there for people playing with versions earlier than 1.27 !
As for the "save up few watts", I mean sure, but I still cannot think of it as anything but "you don't need the feature active while not in-game" or even "who really sits in lobby nowadays for longer than 1-2 minutes". :D In any case, I had to re-write a lot of code for the internal frame API, and some of the old code got pruned, so it might result with some new bugs, but so far nothing really emerged.

All-in-all this is indeed something that was actually worth "expanding", and it explains why 4th-5th gen Intel CPUs could reach up to 70% usage (as their IPC is quite terrible when compare to today's standards. So, thanks to ThisName232 and Rojany for testing it and reporting it. I most likely will push update tomorrow.

Level 16
WFE 3.0.0.6

1. Fixed Fatal Error if WFEDll.dll was injected while already in-game and PreselectUI had a unit selected/moused over.
2. Reworked IsGame initial check, now it checks for CGameWar3 instead of Game State, CGameWar3 does not exist in lobby.
3. Window/Borderless mode no longer looks up for -window argument in WFEApp.exe, now it will instead check window settings.
Note: this is done via a "hacky" method, but so far on tests with 2 monitors it worked fine.
4. Fixed weird interaction of TestCommands.ini with Warcraft 3 if WFE is in Warcraft 3 root folder, all commands were loaded out of scope, as for why - no idea, but it's fixed now.
5. Fixed Fatal Error when starting Multiplayer (Local or Battle.net) game on patches 1.27a-1.28f, somehow 1.24e and 1.26a ended up unscathed, though they should have been affected too.

Level 4
Hi! i want to report some sort of camera bug. The bug is random and it happened to me 3-5 times already with versions 3.0.0.3 and 3.0.0.4.
As for the specifics of the bug: the camera distance? will lower (lower than default) , all upper menus + hero portrait is missing. The UI at the lower only shows the hp/mana values but you can still cast skills and control group keys. I can also still use mousewheel to adjust angle. This bug will persist until you restart wc3.
I only used the UI modifications, HP bar and Mana bar (refer pictures).
Lastly, this is a custom map where you can adjust camera distance and angle. Warcraft version 1.28.5

Attachments

• image_2022-03-13_102636.png
    image_2022-03-13_102636.png
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • image_2022-03-13_105034.png
    image_2022-03-13_105034.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image_2022-03-13_105103.png
    image_2022-03-13_105103.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 16
Hi! i want to report some sort of camera bug. The bug is random and it happened to me 3-5 times already with versions 3.0.0.3 and 3.0.0.4.
As for the specifics of the bug: the camera distance? will lower (lower than default) , all upper menus + hero portrait is missing. The UI at the lower only shows the hp/mana values but you can still cast skills and control group keys. I can also still use mousewheel to adjust angle. This bug will persist until you restart wc3.
I only used the UI modifications, HP bar and Mana bar (refer pictures).
Lastly, this is a custom map where you can adjust camera distance and angle. Warcraft version 1.28.5
Camera has not effect on UI, so this bug is not related to it at all. The UI code could have some issue, but unless the map has some weird interaction or you having some other library interfering, it should be revertable by simply disabling UI modification. If that does not FULLY restore the UI then something else is at fault. Also, It seems like you are either using CTRL + ~ hotkey unintentionally or you have bound the "Hide UI" hotkey to something else, since my tool has a feature to hide all UI then revert to whichever options were selected.
Screenshot_1.png

^ this option can produce result like this:

CTRL + ~ to hide:
Screenshot_2.png

CTRL + ~ to show:
Screenshot_3.png

Level 16
A small note, I have sent WFE 3.0.0.6 for re-analysis to all the antiviruses that flagged my package as a virus, Kaspersky already should have this issue fixed. So, currently that's 1 out of 16 false-positives gone.
Screenshot_1.png
Hopefully it will all be back to just 2-3 at most false-positives like it was before, ideally there should be 0 flags for viruses and 0 false-positives as well. :)

Level 16
Small pre-view of changes for 3.0.0.7:

1. @setacd command fixed, it was not printing text, due to formatting mistake.
2. @nocd caching removed, code was re-written it should safely remove previously reset spell. This was done due to items permanently "resetting" cooldown due to caching.
Note: in case some spells will cause @nocd to break, code will be rewritten into a mix of caching and "clearing" for hybrid code.
3. Alt + Click will no longer "work" on passive buttons, since there is really nothing to print from it.
4. Alt + Click will no longer print data of Move/Stop/Hold Position/Attack/Patrol buttons.
5. Alt + Click will no longer print "Not enough mana" on buttons that don't even have mana to begin with.
6. Manabar code reworked, it will no longer "break" if you injected while in-game. This is achieved by simply fully re-making CStatBar from scratch, rather than expanding it.

And a small teaser for Reforged-like CStatBar:

UpdatedCStatBar1.png

UpdatedCStatBar2.png

There is a small downside, but I will "offset" it with a new option that will only be toggleable while OUTSIDE of the game. Aka "Extended Bars" or something like that, so in case you don't need this feature you will save 720 bytes per drawn StatBar, original size is 344 bytes, with mana is 688 and the newest "style" is 1412 bytes. While for some it might not matter, I still think giving an option to turn this off - is better rather than just "hide" excessive information.

Additionally I was able to "catch" DirectX device and made a working wrapper that handles both DirectX8 and DirectX9, and I have contacted ENAlexey, so he could help me "port" RenderEdge, meaning if all goes well all of RenderEdge will be available in WFE and it will work on any Game platform and on all WFE supported patches. Note: this is a big IF as the work required is tremendous... T_T So don't get your hopes up YET.

Last edited:
Level 4
Small pre-view of changes for 3.0.0.7:

1. @setacd command fixed, it was not printing text, due to formatting mistake.
2. @nocd caching removed, code was re-written it should safely remove previously reset spell. This was done due to items permanently "resetting" cooldown due to caching.
Note: in case some spells will cause @nocd to break, code will be rewritten into a mix of caching and "clearing" for hybrid code.
3. Alt + Click will no longer "work" on passive buttons, since there is really nothing to print from it.
4. Alt + Click will no longer print data of Move/Stop/Hold Position/Attack/Patrol buttons.
5. Alt + Click will no longer print "Not enough mana" on buttons that don't even have mana to begin with.
6. Manabar code reworked, it will no longer "break" if you injected while in-game. This is achieved by simply fully re-making CStatBar from scratch, rather than expanding it.

And a small teaser for Reforged-like CStatBar:

View attachment 396775
View attachment 396776

There is a small downside, but I will "offset" it with a new option that will only be toggleable while OUTSIDE of the game. Aka "Extended Bars" or something like that, so in case you don't need this feature you will save 720 bytes per drawn StatBar, original size is 344 bytes, with mana is 688 and the newest "style" is 1412 bytes. While for some it might not matter, I still think giving an option to turn this off - is better rather than just "hide" excessive information.

Additionally I was able to "catch" DirectX device and made a working wrapper that handles both DirectX8 and DirectX9, and I have contacted ENAlexey, so he could help me "port" RenderEdge, meaning if all goes well all of RenderEdge will be available in WFE and it will work on any Game platform and on all WFE supported patches. Note: this is a big IF as the work required is tremendous... T_T So don't get your hopes up YET.
Including the functions of RenderEdge in your tool would be huge!!! And it would make WFE the most useful and feature-complete Warcraft 3 tool on the Hive, if it isn't already.
I installed Warcraft Re:birth a while ago, which makes War3 look so much better already, even though that mod isn't finished and all models and textures haven't been updated yet. Having the functionality of RenderEdge over the Re:birth mod and your tool is literally the last thing required in order to make classic war3 into a graphically remastered game. The hype is real, I really hope it will be possible!

Level 2
I'm able to remap scroll MouseWheel up/down to inventory keys, using this part of war3preferences.txt:
Code:
[Mouse Wheel Down]
HeroOnly=0
ToHotkey=78
ToKeyEnabled=1
ToMetaKeyState=0

[Mouse Wheel Up]
HeroOnly=0
ToHotkey=66
ToKeyEnabled=1
ToMetaKeyState=0

but I was unable to make it work with modifiers. I could remap only one of MouseWheel metakeystate and all other states doing nothing.

In my options example 66 is "B" and it mapped to inventory slot 0. When I MouseWheelUp, it casts inventory slot 0. Inventory slot 1 mapped to ctrl+B and if I press Ctrl+B on keyboard it works but if I Ctrl+MouseWheelUp it do nothing.

Can it be possible to have Mouse wheel with all modifiers mapped somehow? Maybe I'm missing some hidden syntax?

Level 16
I'm able to remap scroll MouseWheel up/down to inventory keys, using this part of war3preferences.txt:
Code:
[Mouse Wheel Down]
HeroOnly=0
ToHotkey=78
ToKeyEnabled=1
ToMetaKeyState=0

[Mouse Wheel Up]
HeroOnly=0
ToHotkey=66
ToKeyEnabled=1
ToMetaKeyState=0

but I was unable to make it work with modifiers. I could remap only one of MouseWheel metakeystate and all other states doing nothing.

In my options example 66 is "B" and it mapped to inventory slot 0. When I MouseWheelUp, it casts inventory slot 0. Inventory slot 1 mapped to ctrl+B and if I press Ctrl+B on keyboard it works but if I Ctrl+MouseWheelUp it do nothing.

Can it be possible to have Mouse wheel with all modifiers mapped somehow? Maybe I'm missing some hidden syntax?
CTRL + MouseWheel was never really meant as an option for Hotkeys, as honestly it was quite useless to my understanding, hence it only supports mousewheel without any modifiers. It's really weird to me how many strange buttons combinations are used. :D However, it works just fine, you simply have to remove the Hotkey for "Autocast Toggle" key (aka it simulates Right Click instead of Left Click):

Screenshot_2.png

And there you go, it will work just as you needed aka LCTRL + Mousewheel.

Level 16
WFE 3.0.0.7 release will most likely take awhile, since I finally got around to rewriting UI entirely, here is a rough prototype:

x-JvXya9s_w.jpg

There are still a lot of things that I need to find/resize:

1. Resource bar (it's quite a tricky fellow, but shouldn't be impossible, despite it being quite "spread" in terms of frames).
2. Infobar + itembar (these are interconnected, so I might nuke their current frame points and directly attach them to the axis that will fit as if they were never moved in the first place).
3. Portrait (this one is the most annoying, I found a way how to force it on top of the frames (previously it was forced on top via blackbars aka the Rendering cutoff of WorldFrame, without it, it gets behind most frames and any in-game object that is "hitting" it.) While I managed to create my own "black texture" in place of blackbars, it doesn't fix the issue of it getting clipped by in-game objects... ;/
4. Minimap (while it seems like it's fine, there is the issue that it can only be safely moved ONCE, then its clicking axis get broken...), not to mention you have to first break its attachment points so it "never" renders until its place is set. Meaning toggling between OG UI and "Reforged-like" may not be possible while in-game in the worst case.
5. BuildBar/UpgradeBar/UnitGroup and pretty much everything else needs to be resized and moved as well.

Screenshot_10.png

The buttons on the right slightly clip the edge, which I will fix at a later point, but yes, CommandBar is pretty much fully "finished" and operational.

I have also tested switching the textures of UI in-game, it works, but has small artifacts, I might try fixing it and adding it as a feature too, but so far I have not decided yet. Same goes to Cursor, but the issue with that is, that whenever it hovers over an object it gets reset, perhaps there should be another in-game function to do that, but currently the experiment with it failed.

In any case, if all goes well, pre-reforged patches that WFE supports will get even richer. :)
Note: this also means that the work on RenderEdge are to be halted, as I am just one person working on everything, but so far experiments with it worked fine, the biggest caveat will be to make it work with 1.26a and below patches, due to D3D8. The workaround could be "forcing" people using d3d8.dll that is actually converting D3D8 to D3D9 (aka d3d8to9 project), so if I won't be able to make my own library "emulating" this, a dll might be a necessity for 1.26a and lower.

TL;DR -> update will take longer, due to way too many features that I decided to implement, rip me.

Level 16
All of the UI has been overhauled, however, there is one little problem with Minimap that I couldn't find a way to solve/fix, meaning it will "resize" only once, so don't be surprised when you toggle the UI in-game, that Minimap is funky (it will be fine on the next game though).

Another small issue, all the unit hp bars will clip through (which actually was always a thing, but even though I added a frame to "cover" empty space with BackDrop, it did not really fix much). The reason is simple, SimpleFrames have a higher draw priority over Frames, which I still can't find a way to fix, and I have decided against using CSimpleFrame + CSimpleTexture that I did before and forced them behind SimpleConsole, while it did "protect" from HPbar clipping it made Portrait impossible to remain behind SimpleConsole for some reason...

And lastly, Portrait gets "clipped" by terrain, it is another thing I cannot really understand how to fix, but I was unsure about CInfoPanelGroup and other InfoPanels, which kept resizing themselves, hence I had to find the function responsible for calling resizes (which I did).

Anyhow, here are results:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

I will do some additional testing tomorrow and probably prepare release version, this took way longer and more effort than expected... <_>

Level 4
Is it possible to autodetect the aspect ratio / resolution of the screen, and to move the hero and worker icons to the leftmost part of the screen? For 21:9 screens like yours and mine, when you have more than one hero it's going to hinder the view of the terrain in quite a noticeable way, since the icons are now far from the border of the screen. And to be honest, even with one hero or with one idle worker, it wouldn't look quite good :p .

Level 16
Is it possible to autodetect the aspect ratio / resolution of the screen, and to move the hero and worker icons to the leftmost part of the screen? For 21:9 screens like yours and mine, when you have more than one hero it's going to hinder the view of the terrain in quite a noticeable way, since the icons are now far from the border of the screen. And to be honest, even with one hero or with one idle worker, it wouldn't look quite good :p .
HeroBar was moved back to the left, PeonBar will most likely stay where it is, since it doesn't occupy too much spaced, plus it's how it is in Reforged and I actually like it being closer. But, yeah, in any case the heroes were occupying too much space, hence it was not a good idea to move them close to PeonBar. :D

Level 3
i got a bug where i can only chat to ally. or to referee only if im referee. im using wfe 3.0.0.6 + wc3 1.26 and playing in gameranger

Level 16
i got a bug where i can only chat to ally. or to referee only if im referee. im using wfe 3.0.0.6 + wc3 1.26 and playing in gameranger
Yeah, that bug is know and already fixed in 3.0.0.7, it started from 3.0.0.2 when I cleared out a lot of old code, it currently grabs the setting from Quick Message flag "Send to All". And it bugs for any case, not just the referee, but in any case it's fixed in the upcoming version.

Edit:

Another new feature:

BuffBarNew.jpg

I will release version tomorrow most likely, but there are still 2 issues left:

1. Portrait & Cooldown Indicators clip through the terrain for some reason...
2. StatBars will clip through portrait and minimap.

I spent 2 days trying to find the reason for Portrait & Cooldown Indicators clipping, but couldn't find it. As for the StatBars, they simply pass through UI as there are no more BlackBars that prevented Game Rendering all-together, I have "fixed" the issue on the ItemBar and CommandBar, but same fix cannot be really done for Portrait and Minimap, at least I do not know how to fix it yet... :/

Last edited:
Level 3
also how to enable the numbers cooldown on wfe v 3.0.0.x? before 3.0.0.x i can see the numbers on cooldown

Level 16
WFE 3.0.0.7 (Experimental) released.

Github: Releases · UnryzeC/WFE-Release

Changelog:

1. WFEApp will now highlight current Option Section when scrolling down (this was a feature I wanted to introduce long time ago, but was unable to).
Note: Making this was easier than I thought, but my previous approaches were just wrong, I kind of feel embarrassed about it...
2. @setacd command fixed, it was not printing text, due to formatting mistake.
3. @nocd caching removed, code was re-written it should safely remove previously reset spell. This was done due to items permanently "resetting" cooldown due to caching.
4. Alt + Click will no longer "work" on passive buttons, since there is really nothing to print from it.
5. Alt + Click will no longer print data of Move/Stop/Hold Position/Attack/Patrol buttons.
6. Alt + Click will no longer print "Not enough mana" on buttons that don't even have mana to begin with.
7. Manabar code reworked, it will no longer "break" if you injected while in-game. This is achieved by simply fully re-making CStatBar from scratch, rather than expanding it.
8. Fixed Chat Handler, it was always setting the recipient to whichever was selected in Quick Messages instead of only doing so for Quick Messages.
9. Settings were re-arranged and some of their section and value names were changed in config, so please re-select all needed options and re-save config file.
10. NEW FEATURE Custom Health Mana Text - this simply controls the hook of Health/Mana labels under portrait.
11. NEW FEATURE Custom Health Mana setting now has new option "Shorten Info", this will simply cut off "/ max value" part of Health/Mana label.
Note: Health/Mana regen text is not affected by this option. Meaning to disable printing of regen, they have to be disabled separately.
12. NEW FEATURE Now you can set Health label colour, it will fully override the gradient when the colour is not null, or if you don't want it to have a gradient in the first place.
13. NEW FEATURE Custom Bars, this option simply toggles the Health/Mana bar hook, so you can disable it, if you don't care about it.
14. NEW FEATURE Custom Bars Player Colour, this overrides Health Colours option if activated and will draw Player colours on Health Bars instead.
15. NEW FEATURE Custom Bars Extended option, it simply controls if Reforged like drawing of Hero Levels is needed or not.
Note: this option can ONLY be toggled while outside of the game, there is no workaround around it.
16. NEW FEATURE Upgraded Interface - this option "adopts" Reforged's UI sizing for all frames.
Note: there are still some issues to be fixed, such as StatBars clipping through UI and Portrait getting clipped by terrain, I am trying to find a way how to fix it.
17. NEW FEATURE Hero Overhead Tip - this option enables/disables the draw for the Overhead tip.
18. NEW TEST COMMAND @setcharges - sets selected/hovered item's charges (this does not work on hovered Item Button, only on the item directly).

Level 3
thanks for the update. another question why quick messege key does not work on lobby? i mean if can it will be useful for ghostbot since to start a map you must type !start

Level 16
thanks for the update. another question why quick messege key does not work on lobby? i mean if can it will be useful for ghostbot since to start a map you must type !start
It was never intended for such use, and that would require additional code. If it's a feature you really need/want, it can be done as per paid-request. Since, it's not just a 5 minute job, though it's mostly because I am not interested in such a feature to begin with. I am quite unwilling to add features that I deem not worth my time to add for free. ~_~

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 3.0.0.8 (Experimental) released.

Changelog:

1. Fixed silent fatal error when Alt + Clicking on spells that have way too long names, as it was getting out of bounds for message length.
Note: the fix is a simple cut-off of the Spell Name to prevent crash.
2. Fixed bug with Damage Draw taking wrong X axis for magical damage.
3. Fixed sometimes incorrect placement of LevelFrame on units with too wide HPBars.
4. Fixed bug that caused Button Cooldown Printer to bypass items. Now their cooldown/readiness/mana cost will be printed again.
5. Fixed the issue that caused InfoBar to disappear along with Console, now once again you can hide Console without losing InfoBar.
6. Fixed wrong format of Cooldown display, for a fraction of a second "60" would get displayed after "1:00" when Display Minutes was enabled.
7. UI code "undumbified", all of the UI elements (apart from Group/Building/Cargo) are now first fully "remembered", so they can be restored to the initial data, instead of always using original data.
Note: this is mostly the solution to the custom UIs breaking while not even using Enhanced UI, as originally I was using fdf data of the clean game, hence the custom UIs were not taken in consideration at all.
8. Fixed Delay Modifier, it was broken since 3.0.0.0 version, due to code re-work.
9. NEW Added WFEAppStyleDefault.ini, 99% of the colours are controlled from it now, by default the fields are empty, so default values may be taken..
Note: empty fields will result the default values, aka: SystemColors::Window = 0xFFF0F0F0, Color:: DodgerBlue = 0xFF1E90FF, Color::Black = 0xFF000000, SystemColors::Control = 0xFFF0F0F0 and SystemColors::ControlLight = 0xFFE3E3E3.
Note 2: Suggested usage is to copy it and rename into WFEAppStyle.ini, so your modifications won't be overwritten on each update!
10. OnWindowProc function updated, removed additional switches, instead fallthrough method is used.

Last edited:
Level 2
when you click atack or move on the minimap, the camera moves to that point, it's very inconvenient when you send an army, you always have to move the camera back, in earlier versions (2.27) camera not move when u click A / M on minimap

Level 4
It actually does that on my PC too (both on versions 1.26a and 1.27b), I forgot to report that when I first spotted that behaviour. And indeed this used to not happen.

Level 16
It actually does that on my PC too (both on versions 1.26a and 1.27b), I forgot to report that when I first spotted that behaviour. And indeed this used to not happen.
But I just showed the video, I used A with smartcast, I moved the camera myself to show that it's fine and clicks go through. I need more information, config etc, since I cannot replicate this issue.

Nvm, found the issue, it has to do with autocast (aka if you hold the button), since activating button takes longer than actually firing the mouse click, so short answer is, don't hold it for too long. It has to do with re-worked code to prevent losing control of the character while spamming buttons... But in any case, unless you hold the button or mash it like a madman it won't happen.

I am not too sure what to do with it and I am sort of tired re-writting the code for the smartcast, I will give it one last go and just leave it be, as it works fine enough. :/

Edit: on a positive note, the loss of control should be fully fixed in 3.0.0.9, while trying to fix the minimap I was able to fix the loss of control when multiple buttons were pressed at the same time. I will try to look for the minimap issue further, but it's most likely caused by over-optimised code, the one in 2.27 was approximately 1~5% slower, whereas v2.10 is 25-30% slower. Meaning because it was slower, it failed to click beyond what WC3 handles... ;/

Last edited:
Level 4
I just tried playing with autocast on and off, latest version of WFE ; the camera still always goes to the point I click on the map if I'm giving an order to a unit, whatever the order. I'm not holding any button, just pressing A for attack or M for move, left-clicking a point on the map, and the camera moves as the order is given. It also does that with the options "enforce hotkeys" on and off, and "UI modification" on and off.

Level 16
I just tried playing with autocast on and off, latest version of WFE ; the camera still always goes to the point I click on the map if I'm giving an order to a unit, whatever the order. I'm not holding any button, just pressing A for attack or M for move, left-clicking a point on the map, and the camera moves as the order is given. It also does that with the options "enforce hotkeys" on and off, and "UI modification" on and off.
I do not have such thing happening without Autocast, hence I cannot replicate it. The only way I was able to somehow get it to misfire was moving the mouse around like a madman (which is not realistic at all). In any case, I have no clue what to do with it and sorry, but I am too tired re-doing the same code, sadly you will have to live with it, I barely have time now for any fixes. Most likely 3.0.0.9 will have last updates until someone will yet again donate for X thing, so I can actually allocate some time for it.

I have also re-tested v2.27 it has exactly the same issue, but as I mentioned above, because it was slower it happened not as often, hence I had to do the same weird movement as I was doing in 3.0.0.8 to get the same result.

This was done with only Attack Hotkey set + smartcast, nothing else. So while I was wrong, you guys were wrong too, it was always happening, which is weird, but it makes sense as emulating click could have its own issues. I might test it out via PostMessage instead of the event, perhaps it will solve it, who knows.

Level 4
That's weird, maybe it's other software or hardware on our systems that make this problem happen differently for us. It's not too big of a deal though, there are worse things than this kind of bug. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot it !

Level 16
WFE 3.0.0.9 released.

Changelog:

1. Fixed WFEApp Controls re-drawing, all of the buttons/labels/etc. would lose their colour after WFEApp was minimised to tray until Save button was clicked. Now it's restored upon maximisation of the WFEApp.
2. Fixed fatal error on Game Reload if option Enable UI Modification was disabled, it was caused by custom BackDrop not being created, hence program was avoiding clearing cached data (hence it was re-using instead of updating it with new).
3. Fixed fatal error on 1.24e, this was caused by the wrong offset of the CLayoutFrame::vtable, so anything that used functions from that vtable (like getting size of CSimpleFrame or CLayoutFrame's) would result in wrong functions being called.
4. Fixed fatal error on 1.28f, not exactly sure what was causing it, but compared to 3.0.0.7 and 3.0.0.8 it doesn't happen.
5. Removed CameraSetTargetNoise, CameraSetSourceNoise, CameraSetTargetNoiseEx and CameraSetSourceNoiseEx overrides, so if you injected "late" activated noises would never disable.
6. Fixed deprecated hotkeys in WFEConfigBase.ini "CTRL, ALT, SHIFT" -> "LCtrl, LAlt, LShift" are used instead.
7. NEW FEATURE Truncate Digits in Custom Health/Mana Text, when active will truncate numbers to thousands (k), millions (m) and billions (b), so 100,000 => 100k, 100,000,000 => 100m, 1,000,000,000 = 1b.
8. Default Warcraft 3 HP/MP labels is now deprecated, both are seamlessly changed with my own CTextFrames.
9. New HP/MP Labels will no longer get "hidden" even if they exceed the boundaries set to them.
11. New HP/MP will also increase in size as the previous version was doing whenever Console is disabled.
12. NEW FEATURE ALT + Click on HP or MP label will print their minimum and maximum value along with percentage: example: HERO >> health: 450/1250 (36%) and similarly for mana.
13. NEW FEATURE ALT + Click on Time of Day Indicator will now print current time to chat.
14. ALT + Click on items that have no active ability will simply print that a unit has it or no.

Last edited:
Level 3
i have a bug where sometime multiboard disappear and reappear. that was older version. idk about the new one though.

Level 16
i have a bug where sometime multiboard disappear and reappear. that was older version. idk about the new one though.
There are hotkeys to hide/show it, you are most likely pressing it, there is no other code that affects it.~

Another situation could be, that you are disabling Console/Black Bars in the UI Modification, hence some of the maps code (like DOTA) moves Multiboard up and down due to fully re-drawing it, which is expected behaviour. You can just disable "Move Multiboard" option and that's it.

Level 3
123.png

Whether you enable or disable UI Modification, this error occurs when you inject
And if possible, I hope that the gap between the first and second clicks of the autocast will be reduced.
I'm always using it well Thank you.

Level 16
View attachment 398756
Whether you enable or disable UI Modification, this error occurs when you inject
And if possible, I hope that the gap between the first and second clicks of the autocast will be reduced.
I'm always using it well Thank you.
1. I will check, but never had this Cooldown UI bug happening to me. Edit: this doesn't happen if "override indicator" is enabled, I will fix the normal one as well.~ Edit: fixed in 3.0.1.0
Thanks for the bug report.

2. There is no way around it, the first key press is processed once, then the key keeps repeating, I have no wish to re-write the whole logic and use global keyboard hook, sorry, not happening. It already is doing well beyond what is necessary and makes everything much simpler, a .1 second delay is not worth hours and hours of work.

Last edited:
Level 3
1. I will check, but never had this Cooldown UI bug happening to me. Edit: this doesn't happen if "override indicator" is enabled, I will fix the normal one as well.~ Edit: fixed in 3.0.1.0
Thanks for the bug report.

2. There is no way around it, the first key press is processed once, then the key keeps repeating, I have no wish to re-write the whole logic and use global keyboard hook, sorry, not happening. It already is doing well beyond what is necessary and makes everything much simpler, a .1 second delay is not worth hours and hours of work.
Thank you for your reply, and thank you for creating a good program!

Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.0 Released

Changelog:

1. Fixed Item Buttons being hidden along with Infobar.
2. Fixed fatal error caused by updated Draw AoE Indicator code, it was getting out of memory bounds.
3. Cooldown UI option Display Minutes will now also affect both the CBuff duration text and the cooldown/duration text sent to chat.
4. Fixed UI not automatically updating after Cinematic Filter in maps that used them from the very start of the game.
5. WFEApp will now highlight current Option Section when scrolling down with Mouse Wheel. (previously this was only handled if scrollbar with used to scroll down).
6. WFE HP/MP Custom labels will now use size from fdf by default and apply changes based on it.
7. Fixed WheelUp and WheelDown not working with any of the binds.
8. Added MButton as a possible key bind.
9. Fixed a bug with Cooldown Indicator having wrong size if no override was done and Upgraded UI was enabled (it was getting halved in size for items).
10. COccupUI (Cargo CStatBar) now will also scale for the widescreen aspect.
11. Fixed CCargoGrid, now WFE will resize any cargo holder with 5 columns, so they won't "spill out" of the Console UI in Upgraded UI mode.

Level 3
I realized the discomfort I felt while using the autocast.
If you use a skill shortcut during multiple right-click move commands, the shortcut will not work properly.
Use the right mouse button to cancel the range/target command, but only that part appears to have been entered.
In fact, I saw him instructing me to move to that point without using technology while playing the game.

I'd appreciate it if you could refer to it when you think of it later.

And when injected, HP/MP text font changes

Last edited:
Level 16
I realized the discomfort I felt while using the autocast.
If you use a skill shortcut during multiple right-click move commands, the shortcut will not work properly.
Use the right mouse button to cancel the range/target command, but only that part appears to have been entered.
In fact, I saw him instructing me to move to that point without using technology while playing the game.

I'd appreciate it if you could refer to it when you think of it later.

I am really not sure what you are trying to say, not to mention, is it really that hard just using ESC button once and then RMC? It's not quite "simple" to just "cancel" the targeting mode of the mouse, as doing it directly after LMC will actually cause it to lose the targeting and then do LMC.

And when injected, HP/MP text font changes

As stated in changelog way-way before, there is font file in the WFEMPQ.mpq, just remove it and that's it, or change with the one you want. I am quite unsure why would anyone care about the font change on HP/MP label, but if you are so annoyed by it, now you know how to "fix" it.

Level 3
I am really not sure what you are trying to say, not to mention, is it really that hard just using ESC button once and then RMC? It's not quite "simple" to just "cancel" the targeting mode of the mouse, as doing it directly after LMC will actually cause it to lose the targeting and then do LMC.

As stated in changelog way-way before, there is font file in the WFEMPQ.mpq, just remove it and that's it, or change with the one you want. I am quite unsure why would anyone care about the font change on HP/MP label, but if you are so annoyed by it, now you know how to "fix" it.
I'm sorry, I can't explain well because I'm not good at English.
I'm sorry to keep bothering you.
Have a nice day

Level 3
its better if have video/gif/gfycat explanation how autocast works. cuz it doesnt seem to work properly. not what i expected

Level 3
i think i got fatal frequenly after map init with wfe 3.0.1.0 on 1.26 without allow local file