• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.1 Released

Github: Releases · UnryzeC/WFE-Release

Changelog:

1. Fixed LocalPlayerId variable in CGameWar3 (it's a int32_t value, that is shifted 2 bytes to the right to get the id, I was directly moving int16_t to int32_t which would never work for any slot other than red).
2. Fixed Fatal Error of WFE with KLoader multi-window.
3. Fixed never-ending timer PopulateNavitesListTimerProc, which was responsible for adding all natives to std::map, so it can be re-used all the time, instead it was re-doing that indefinitely...
4. Added QuestButtonHighlight resizing for Enhanced UI, it used to be "fullsize" regardless of the selected mode.

Level 3
i cannot use pause break as hotkey and can't use + or numpad + as hotkey if camera hack feature enable. is there a list of key that doesnt work on wfe?

Level 4
Speaking of RenderEdge @Unryze, are you still trying to recreate its functionality or to integrate it directly into WFE ? If so, how is it going ?
Edit : P.S. it's good to see so many fixes for fatal errors lately ! Because I've had quite a lot the last month or two, especially when the number of players is over 6 in a map. Mainly out of memory errors.

Level 16
Speaking of RenderEdge @Unryze, are you still trying to recreate its functionality or to integrate it directly into WFE ? If so, how is it going ?
Edit : P.S. it's good to see so many fixes for fatal errors lately ! Because I've had quite a lot the last month or two, especially when the number of players is over 6 in a map. Mainly out of memory errors.
It's a bit complicated, but I am still working on it, there are some limitations by trying to bypass the "requirement" of RenderEdge to hook and change d3d8 with d3d9, but slowly I am dissecting it in my spare time.

As for fatal errors, they are not really connected to memory errors, cmemblock is 99.99% the limit of the script memory/nodes, which is directly caused by an abundance of leaks in the map or simply too may objects being created (as handles are a part of memblock too.)

Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.2 Released

Github: Releases · UnryzeC/WFE-Release

1. Replay Panel is now also modifiable by Upgraded UI.
2. Fixed some of the UI elements not being able to hide if Upgraded UI was disabled.
3. NEW FEATURE Ally Skill view, this will show abilities of units of your allies along with their cooldowns.
4. Replay Panel is now a separate option in UI Modification section, meaning you will no longer have to toggle Ability Buttons to make it appear/disappear, etc.
5. Raised priority of CSimpleConsole (GameUI), CUpperBar (Console Top Left buttons), CResourceBar, CCommandButtons and CSimpleFontString (Inventory text).
Note: this blocks the Healthbars, etc. from passing through the UI. The only thing that cannot "block" it remains the portrait...
6. Lowered the priority of COccupUI (cargo statbar) from 4 to 1, now it will be "stopped" near the UI just like HP/MP bars.
7. NEW COMMAND @kill, this command will kill any selected unit/item/destructable.
8. These buttons are now available for KeyBinds/Hotkeys:
1) "Scroll"
2) "Pause"
3) "Insert"
4) "Delete"
5) "Home"
6) "End"
7) "PageUp"
8) "PageDown"
9) "+"
10) "-"
11) "NumPad-"
12) "NumPad+"
13) "NumPad/"
14) "NumPad*"
15) "NumPad."
16) "\\"
17) "/"
18) "."
19) ","
20) "\""
21) ";"
22) "["
23) "]"
10. Fixed CMinimap offsets for 1.27b, this is the reason why it was failing to resize itself.

Last edited:
Level 3
using quick messege numpad 0 sometime cause close without error. tested on 1.28 jnloader & WFE 3.0.1.2.
and 2) "Pause" key still not working

Level 16
using quick messege numpad 0 sometime cause close without error. tested on 1.28 jnloader & WFE 3.0.1.2.
and 2) "Pause" key still not working
1. Impossible, the key button cannot influence that, so 1.28 or Jnloader have an issue or something, and if it's just that button for you, just don't use it.
2. A very weird button to use, but I just tested it and it works fine.

Level 3
1. Impossible, the key button cannot influence that, so 1.28 or Jnloader have an issue or something, and if it's just that button for you, just don't use it.
maybe because i also used numpad 0 for camera override hotkey. + quick messege numpad 0

Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.3 Upcoming fixes:

1. Increased Replay Panel priority, so it is no longer behind GameUI Console.
Note: this happened as I forgot to raise its priority to 1 higher than the console's.
2. Increased Quick Message Hotkey priority, so you can bind Numpad+ and Numpad-.
Note: if these binds are used, then it will no longer move camera.
3. Reworked KeyParser API, now it can support SYSKEY + +/NumPad+, previously it was skipping them due to '+' being present, while it originally served as a combination key.
Note: This does not (and previously did not) affect +/NumPad+ keys being used on their own.
4. NEW FEATURE Buff Bar in Interface Section, this allows you to show/hide buff bar separately, it is no longer attached to InfoBar.
5. NEW FEATURE Upgraded Buff Bar in Interface Section, this allows you to move the buff bar above Console (like it was previously by default in WFE).
6. NEW FEATURE Draw Buff Duration in Interface Section, this allows you to turn on/off Buff Duration drawing.

View attachment 399351
change pause hotkey with 7 key also doest work
Tested it on 3.0.1.2 and on the upcoming 3.0.1.3 both worked just fine, so I am a bit confused. But in any case, previous Hotkey/Binds issues should be fully fixed now.

A small question to everyone, I was asked by some people to draw Buff cooldown for enemies as well, like in WoW. I would like to gather a bit more opinions to make a more objective decision on this matter. :)

Last edited:
Level 4
WFE 3.0.1.3 Upcoming fixes:

Note: this happened as I forgot to raise its priority to 1 higher than the console's.
2. Increased Quick Message Hotkey priority, so you can bind Numpad+ and Numpad-.
3. Reworked KeyParser API, now it can support SYSKEY + +/NumPad+, previously it was skipping them due to '+' being present, while it originally served as a combination key.
Note: This does not (and previously did not) affect +/NumPad+ keys being used on their own.
4. NEW FEATURE Buff Bar in Interface Section, this allows you to show/hide buff bar separately, it is no longer attached to InfoBar.
5. NEW FEATURE Upgraded Buff Bar in Interface Section, this allows you to move the buff bar above Console (like it was previously by default in WFE).
6. NEW FEATURE Draw Buff Duration in Interface Section, this allows you to turn on/off Buff Duration drawing.

Tested it on 3.0.1.2 and on the upcoming 3.0.1.3 both worked just fine, so I am a bit confused. But in any case, previous Hotkey/Binds issues should be fully fixed now.

A small question to everyone, I was asked by some people to draw Buff cooldown for enemies as well, like in WoW. I would like to gather a bit more opinions to make a more objective decision on this matter. :)
About drawing the buff cooldown for enemies: it's always nice to know when a debuff we've inflicted is going to expire, but isn't it also going to allow us to see the buffs that the enemy have applied to their units? Buffs which we're normally not supposed to see (except ofc if there's a visual hint for the buff)?

Level 16
About drawing the buff cooldown for enemies: it's always nice to know when a debuff we've inflicted is going to expire, but isn't it also going to allow us to see the buffs that the enemy have applied to their units? Buffs which we're normally not supposed to see (except ofc if there's a visual hint for the buff)?
The buffs are always visible, so I am not sure what you are talking about. :D
Screenshot_2.png

Level 4
Indeed they are ! My mistake.
However this mistake reminded me to report two bugs that I'm experiencing : underneath the message log (sorry about that showing up, it's bound to the same key as my screenshotter, MSI Afterburner), you can see that the Devotion Aura icon is placed right above the interface (to the bottom left of the "ok" button of the message log), and not at the bottom of the unit stats, like in your picture. All buff icons show up at this place in my game, and not in their original place. I haven't found a setting in WFE to change the emplacement of the buff icons, so I reckon that's not normal ; I'm still using 3.0.1.1. War3 1.26a.
Second problem : there is a black bar underneath the bottom interface, and it shows to the right and left of the interface on my 21:9 screen. It doesn't do that on your screen. How come ?
war3_2022_05_16_20_36_12_914.jpg

Thanks for your help !

Level 16
Indeed they are ! My mistake.
However this mistake reminded me to report two bugs that I'm experiencing : underneath the message log (sorry about that showing up, it's bound to the same key as my screenshotter, MSI Afterburner), you can see that the Devotion Aura icon is placed right above the interface (to the bottom left of the "ok" button of the message log), and not at the bottom of the unit stats, like in your picture. All buff icons show up at this place in my game, and not in their original place. I haven't found a setting in WFE to change the emplacement of the buff icons, so I reckon that's not normal ; I'm still using 3.0.1.1. War3 1.26a.
Second problem : there is a black bar underneath the bottom interface, and it shows to the right and left of the interface on my 21:9 screen. It doesn't do that on your screen. How come ?
View attachment 399812
Thanks for your help !
Neither is a bug. Buffbar will be moveable in 3.0.1.3, also it's super rare for people to play with message log out, so it can barely be counted as anything. :D
The black bars can be disabled in UI Modificaiton, you forgot to disable that option, hence they are present.

Last edited:
Level 4
I see. Indeed I deactivated the black bars, but another problem came up : some unit portraits, but not all and not limited to one category (building, hero, unit...), disappear when the black bars are deactivated. Some portraits just don't show up while others still do. For example the Priestess of the Moon's portrait disappears, but the Tree of Ages' is still there, just like the Wisp's.

Level 16
I see. Indeed I deactivated the black bars, but another problem came up : some unit portraits, but not all and not limited to one category (building, hero, unit...), disappear when the black bars are deactivated. Some portraits just don't show up while others still do. For example the Priestess of the Moon's portrait disappears, but the Tree of Ages' is still there, just like the Wisp's.
That is something I tried to fix, but didn't find a way yet. It has to do with CSpriteFrames having CCamera being used for their "drawing", so it clips into the ground and fails to draw it. Perhaps at some point I will find a fix for it, but overall that's the last problem remaining. And it differs from portrait to portrait due to their internal camera setting, aka its position, the less "flat" vertically it is, the worse it will be in the game.

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.3 Released:

7. Fixed old Warcraft 3 bug with Item Cooldown Indicators that failed to hide, and would draw your cooldown on top of the items of your enemy.
In short, if you use let's say item 'shas' and enemy has item on the slot where you have cooldown indicator active, it will draw on top if, as if it's on cooldown.
clap-clap Blizzard. <_>"
8. Fixed Magic Resist printer not printing any values, now it's working again.

For those wondering what ancient bug I meant, it's this:

p96T5k2yKFX1Ps_Q_vf6DfX5gkb8p9A0IXdvOkMjxznXYPsVpf5duOA6dpT_BVQOOGb65DLEs7STBEZhfIK1LPDN.jpg
MuI_iENrknIdLC_A4ICphNW-l3BCXdqjJpXsyiXSKSriOVuMTk5nflJnC4WQYrqLN8akUNzDVMLwjXk-9L0iUlv-.jpg

6QJS5hKALcf793WGi7UP0l2lcBOrfizPj_GM5Z43ndSH3-grOkVixJXUsBqzD2psib8xFWWDXXakG1ZvSY3pOmGY.jpg

Gb3VMHc6DanLxPmEvP5d9gr50Il2ggxgl1EVuhG7kHQivBPM6EosPxrtTTTwg2vnY2C8BoUoZof7y0h79ehf9ySJ.jpg

In short, as you can see the CSpriteFrame frames that serve as cooldown indicators are not hidden whenever you choose an enemy for some reason, but they DO get hidden if you select your own/allied unit that has either no slots or enough to force update all of them. This became super apparent with older WFE versions, because my Cooldown Texts relied on CSpriteFrame visibility, and would only draw/show themselves if the indicator was shown as well. In any case, it's fixed. :D

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm experiencing a bug originating from the WFEDI.dll from version 3.0.1.3. The camera won't respond to keyboard and mouse commands with that .dll.

When I start WFE and the game with all files from 3.0.1.3, the camera doesn't respond.
When I start WFE and the game with all files from 3.0.1.3 except WFEDI.dll, which I take from 3.0.1.2, the camera responds to commands again.
Needless to say, when I use all files from 3.0.1.2, everything works as well.

All that is without changing my hotkeys or any other parameter in the config file, which have remained as they are for several versions.

Level 16
I'm experiencing a bug originating from the WFEDI.dll from version 3.0.1.3. The camera won't respond to keyboard and mouse commands with that .dll.

When I start WFE and the game with all files from 3.0.1.3, the camera doesn't respond.
When I start WFE and the game with all files from 3.0.1.3 except WFEDI.dll, which I take from 3.0.1.2, the camera responds to commands again.
Needless to say, when I use all files from 3.0.1.2, everything works as well.

All that is without changing my hotkeys or any other parameter in the config file, which have remained as they are for several versions.
"The camera won't respond to keyboard and mouse commands" Yeah, just noticed it as well, it refuses to accept additional keys, will check it out.

Fixed and updated.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi, does anyone here have the issue that smast cast not works with auto-cast spell? I and my three friend have that issue and don't know why. We are using lastest version.

Level 2
Hi, does anyone here have the issue that smast cast not works with auto-cast spell? I and my three friend have that issue and don't know why. We are using lastest version.
Can confirm I have the same issue on the newest version. All spells that can be toggled for auto cast behave as if smart cast was not enabled. Works fine on older versions though (2.24 is the one I use currently for maps where this is a relevant issue).

Edit:
While I'm at it:

-Disabling "Black Bars" under UI mods seems to break custom Hero Portraits (makes them black)

-Would a feature be possible that allows us to disable the Alt key hiding HP bars while pressed? (mostly for self cast reasons)

Last edited:
Level 16
Can confirm I have the same issue on the newest version. All spells that can be toggled for auto cast behave as if smart cast was not enabled. Works fine on older versions though (2.24 is the one I use currently for maps where this is a relevant issue).

Edit:
While I'm at it:

-Disabling "Black Bars" under UI mods seems to break custom Hero Portraits (makes them black)

-Would a feature be possible that allows us to disable the Alt key hiding HP bars while pressed? (mostly for self cast reasons)
I still have no clue how you or Artwork have the issue with auto-cast toggleable abilities, as no matter how many times I tested it was always fine...

-Black Bars serve as "blocks" for terrain draw, and since sprite models have lower priority than terrain, they get clipped, I did not find a way to fix it yet.
-Doubt it, too much hassle for 0 apparent reason, if you need something specific, you can order custom feature for a "base" price of 5$.

Level 6
I still have no clue how you or Artwork have the issue with auto-cast toggleable abilities, as no matter how many times I tested it was always fine...
I think you can borrow someone's a laptop or pc to take a test, maybe that issue will appear and you will know the reason. As of now, everyone I know who are using wfe 3.0 or newer has confirmed that issue.

Level 16
I think you can borrow someone's a laptop or pc to take a test, maybe that issue will appear and you will know the reason. As of now, everyone I know who are using wfe 3.0 or newer has confirmed that issue.
Tested on my 14 year old laptop Asus Lamborghini VX-3, there is no such issue. And as I told you on Discord, even with your binds, I had no such issue. And I even asked, perhaps it's some specific ability or a UNIT (not a hero) that has this issue.

Also, how often are there even autocast abilities for heroes, which god forsaken map even uses them at this point, except for something like Black Arrows or something, I don't know. But even so, I can't fix what I can't replicate and just as you found people WITH the issue, every single person from CIS region does NOT have that issue.

Also, here:

Yes, it has a little issue of blinking, but it clearly works. I really wish, you could explain it not in a way only you can understand, but so that I could understand it.

Edit: in any case, I sort of found a solution, but it will require some additional tests if it works fine or not, will upload 3.0.1.4 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 16
WFE 3.0.1.4 released:

1. Fixed UI priority for UpperMenuBar, ResourceBar and Minimap buttons that would have lower priority than the Console at random.
2. Fixed Cooldown Indicator width in Upgrgraded UI mode not covering the whole button.
3. Fixed Fatal Error with Multiwindow mode on Warcraft 3, due to malformation of memory by the said feature, added a more robust memory address check to prevent the issue.
4. Fixed HP/MP labels not being hidden when UI was hidden via ShowInterface or CinematicPanel.
5. Fixed HP/MP keeping previous values on units that have no HP at all, or have INVULNERABLE state flag, now it will be empty as it should have been.
6. Fixed CBuffBar and subsequent CBuffs duration from being drawn on units that are not owners of the buff.
Note: it was breaking due to units not having CBuffBar at all, meaning "Status:" text was hidden along with all frames, etc.
7. Added Korean translation, thanks to: 까끼꾸 (Discord).
8. Fixed issue with RMC auto-activating, while any WFE bind for abilities/items/spellbook were held down.
9. FIxed a bug where LCtrl + G bind would result in the same value as LAlt + 3.
Note: this was caused by my "obsession" with limiting the occupied bytes, so I was not "multiplying" the modifier value by a high enough number to avoid collisions, so I raised it from 10 to 0x100 (256).
10. Fixed IgnoreFreeLibrary issue yet again, it was appearing due to the UI Hook that was failing to detach itself, as compared to all other hooks.
11. Changed default font used from "Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF" to MasterFont (aka whichever is being considered as main font by the game build).
Note: if you wish to override the MasterFont for WFE, use this path: WFEFonts\\Master.ttf.
Note 2: if you wish to override any font of the game, then simply do the same, but use the paths that the game uses, i.e. Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF.
12. Reworked smartcast feature and removed additional safe check (this was causing some abilities "the auto-castable abilities mostly" to not interact perfectly).
Note: it was causing the "target circle" to blink, but it would still work overall.
13. Fixed a bug with Ability/Item keybinds that would use default hotkey if no ability/item was successfully pressed or it cannot be pressed.

Level 2
Level 4
Hi! Thanks for the awesome work. The only issue I'm having is admin conflict with programs such as Faronics Deepfreeze (not working on frozen state) or Reboot Restore RX (sometimes doesn't work sometimes it does). But this may be rare issue and maybe only few people does have deepfreeze and play wc3 so I'm just stating it in case others have similar issue.

On another note, I do have to ask if in the future is it possible to support >2Gig Memory of 1.26a?

Level 16
Hi! Thanks for the awesome work. The only issue I'm having is admin conflict with programs such as Faronics Deepfreeze (not working on frozen state) or Reboot Restore RX (sometimes doesn't work sometimes it does). But this may be rare issue and maybe only few people does have deepfreeze and play wc3 so I'm just stating it in case others have similar issue.

On another note, I do have to ask if in the future is it possible to support >2Gig Memory of 1.26a?
Not entirely sure what Deepfreeze even is... it could be causing a malfunction to wc3 itself, which is then worsened by additional programs on top of it (i.e. my WFE in this case).

Expanding memory of a compiled program is not possible, it's something that is arranged on compile-time, where you can enabled a > 2GB option (which is off by default for x86 applications).

Level 4
Hi @Unryze,
I tried the latest version of WFE, and there's a problem with the info bar at the top of the screen : when I drag my mouse cursor to the top to make the screen move, if the cursor has arrived at the top by touching parts of the menu bar highlighted in red in this screenshot (I reused yours, thanks for that), the screen doesn't move. If the cursor has arrived at the top in a place that isn't highlighted in red, then the screen moves ; and I can then glide the cursor along the top line, even over an area highlighted in red, and the screen will continue moving.
364077-428f0b92d746ffabcbeb16def189ba05.jpg
I deduce from this that the upper info bar prevents the mouse from registering as being at the top of the screen, but that the cursor is registered as being at the top when the cursor reaches it from outside of the info bar, and keeps being registered as such as long as it doesn't leave the top. I suppose this is just another layer problem ?
Game version 1.26a.
If I wasn't clear enough I can make a video of the problem, just tell me.

Level 2
I'm a new user of WFE and have to say it's a great work.Thank you very much for your sharing.

Some little suggestion:
1. Regarding UI MOD, can you add an interface to use JASS to customize the UI MOD.
(The original version is too ugly, and the current UI mod is too rigid)
2 Can you add macros?
(I use WEF and AutoHotkey together now)
3. About RenderEdge,
(I also like this light and shadow style very much, I hope it can strengthen the rendering)
9YKK0}~(WI0Z@W~97I$V1A9.png

I know it's not easy to create, if I want to add the above features, how much do I have to pay (per each)?

Level 16
Hi @Unryze,
I tried the latest version of WFE, and there's a problem with the info bar at the top of the screen : when I drag my mouse cursor to the top to make the screen move, if the cursor has arrived at the top by touching parts of the menu bar highlighted in red in this screenshot (I reused yours, thanks for that), the screen doesn't move. If the cursor has arrived at the top in a place that isn't highlighted in red, then the screen moves ; and I can then glide the cursor along the top line, even over an area highlighted in red, and the screen will continue moving.View attachment 403237I deduce from this that the upper info bar prevents the mouse from registering as being at the top of the screen, but that the cursor is registered as being at the top when the cursor reaches it from outside of the info bar, and keeps being registered as such as long as it doesn't leave the top. I suppose this is just another layer problem ?
Game version 1.26a.
If I wasn't clear enough I can make a video of the problem, just tell me.
Should be fixed in the 3.0.1.5 test build, I am not uploading it, since wanted some more tests being done, but you can also test it out, attached the file.

Changelog for test build:

1. Fixed UI Console Upper Left Menu Bar blocking upward camera movement via mouse.
Note: this was caused by the buttons having higher priority level than the bar itself, which I did to 100% nullify them being behind the bar itself, apparently it is not needed anymore.
2. Fixed Ally Skill View feature being ON by default, when no config was generated, now the default option is OFF as it was supposed to be.
3. Fixed Custom Bars Player Colour feature, now it reads ColourId from player correctly, instead of using PlayerId directly.
4. Added WFEGameColours.ini, this file allows you to change "default" player colours for the Custom Bars Player Colour feature.
5. Added Percentage option in Custom Health/Mana Text.

Attachments

• WFE v3.0.1.5.zip
    821.9 KB · Views: 27
Level 4
Should be fixed in the 3.0.1.5 test build, I am not uploading it, since wanted some more tests being done, but you can also test it out, attached the file.

1. Fixed UI Console Upper Left Menu Bar blocking upward camera movement via mouse.
Note: this was caused by the buttons having higher priority level than the bar itself, which I did to 100% nullify them being behind the bar itself, apparently it is not needed anymore.
2. Fixed Ally Skill View feature being ON by default, when no config was generated, now the default option is OFF as it was supposed to be.
3. Fixed Custom Bars Player Colour feature, now it reads ColourId from player correctly, instead of using PlayerId directly.
4. Added WFEGameColours.ini, this file allows you to change "default" player colours for the Custom Bars Player Colour feature.
I can confirm, this update resolves this issue with the upper menu bar!

I saw something else that might be known to you already : the yellow bars that indicate the number of workers inside elven and undead gold mines have higher priority than the unit portraits, and as a result these bars appear over the portrait frame when the gold mine is just below it.

Level 1
Can you make this tool work on warcraft 3 Reforged? Do you have plan for it or not. Your tool is incredible

Level 16
I can confirm, this update resolves this issue with the upper menu bar!

I saw something else that might be known to you already : the yellow bars that indicate the number of workers inside elven and undead gold mines have higher priority than the unit portraits, and as a result these bars appear over the portrait frame when the gold mine is just below it.
That is not due to the priority, rather than due to the simple reason SimpleFrames are drawn over basic frames. And also, because I can't make a SimpleFrame to be behind Portrait to block other SimpleFrames (namely hp/mp and OccupyUI) from going over it. Sadly, I simply can't find a way around it, neither how to stop terrain from clipping portrait.

Level 16
Can you make this tool work on warcraft 3 Reforged? Do you have plan for it or not. Your tool is incredible
Hey there, disassembling WC3 Reforged, is a straight up hassle, so unless someone is really willing to sponsor it - there won't be plans for it, as I just don't see the appeal in it, other than just more issues and re-re-reworking all of the code to support patches that have gotten rid of game.dll and storm.dll, considering the sheer amount of code I have worked on, it's around 500 offsets (that's without the natives, that I am finding through the Jass VM automatically now).

Hive is very weird with the notifications... there was yet another message it didn't report. >_>

I'm a new user of WFE and have to say it's a great work.Thank you very much for your sharing.

Some little suggestion:
1. Regarding UI MOD, can you add an interface to use JASS to customize the UI MOD.
(The original version is too ugly, and the current UI mod is too rigid)
2 Can you add macros?
(I use WEF and AutoHotkey together now)
3. About RenderEdge,
(I also like this light and shadow style very much, I hope it can strengthen the rendering)
View attachment 403243

I know it's not easy to create, if I want to add the above features, how much do I have to pay (per each)?
1. That is not doable without adding custom natives/MemHack, so it's not possible by stand-alone tool.
2. Not entirely sure what macros you want, and for what reason, please elaborate.
3. RenderEdge is sadly something that is harder than anticipated, due to the D3D8 problems, but once I have more free time, I will continue working on its integration, albeit it won't work with "injection" as D3D8 HAS to be replaced with D3D9, so the whole directx engine is hooked, also it won't work with openGL at all, which is another issue.

In any case, there are too many things for me to do yet, which I will announce soonish. :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks for your reply.I also waited 2 days for my message to show up ....Orz

There's a problem in info bar↓
1657892905487.png

1. About Customize the UI (MemHack API👍👍 I know than , but it's low global popularity.)
I saw you can Control Buff Bar, Is that mean,you can edit size, postion of the sample frame ??
Maybe we can try another way :
Plan A (easy) ,
-Arrange Skill/Item icons more closely
-Info Bar move on the minimap
-Using Minimap Button to Control show/hide
("ALT+T" Minimap become Black = show)
-F1 Health , Mana Bar move to middle
-Health , Mana text move to middle
I hope this design, you will feel better.
↓↓Like this↓↓
1657894977497.png

Plan B (difficult)
-WC3 open with window mode,and hide all Original UI
-Then create a new window(WEF Customize UI) in front of WC3
-Finally Link Customize UI to WC3
↓↓This is my unfinished project,Q_Q↓↓
1657895779522.png

2. About macros
Fate/Another <---my favorite map
e.g:
Command spell in Fate can Healing 100% Health ,it need to press 4 key [F3(master unit) > F(Spell Book) > E(Command Spell) > F1(Hero)].
It's not easy for elderly to use it. So I set a hotkey by another software,1 key = 4 key.

Last edited:
Level 4

Hi again... I've searched and couldn't find HP color code for "Neutral Hostile/Victim" and "Neutral Passive/Extra". It looks kinda Light Violet and Dark Yellow, but did anyone wanted and succeeded to do it like in Reforged? To clarify my search was close to this Warcraft III Color Tags And Linebreaks but I'm specifically wanting Player codes for HP Bar introduced in Reforged Custom HP status settings.

Anyone wanted similar reforged HP bar settings?

Solved: They are "Copper Rust" ff984c5c & "Spicy Mustard" ff686c0c, respectively (Source: imagecolorpicker.com)
Edit: Oh, I just saw the default for 13th Player and 16th Player as Rose Bud and Chalky in Unryze default codes, my bad.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 16
Thanks for your reply.I also waited 2 days for my message to show up ....Orz

There's a problem in info bar↓
View attachment 403503

1. About Customize the UI (MemHack API👍👍 I know than , but it's low global popularity.)
I saw you can Control Buff Bar, Is that mean,you can edit size, postion of the sample frame ??
Maybe we can try another way :
Plan A (easy) ,
-Arrange Skill/Item icons more closely
-Info Bar move on the minimap
-Using Minimap Button to Control show/hide
("ALT+T" Minimap become Black = show)
-F1 Health , Mana Bar move to middle
-Health , Mana text move to middle
I hope this design, you will feel better.
↓↓Like this↓↓
View attachment 403505
Plan B (difficult)
-WC3 open with window mode,and hide all Original UI
-Then create a new window(WEF Customize UI) in front of WC3
-Finally Link Customize UI to WC3
↓↓This is my unfinished project,Q_Q↓↓
View attachment 403507
2. About macros
Fate/Another <---my favorite map
e.g:
Command spell in Fate can Healing 100% Health ,it need to press 4 key [F3(master unit) > F(Spell Book) > E(Command Spell) > F1(Hero)].
It's not easy for elderly to use it. So I set a hotkey by another software,1 key = 4 key.
1. Well, while that does sound appealing, it won't be of any use for the majority, but it's doable, as for the price I am not sure. It's a lot of work and time, not to mention tests that will be required. :C
2. I see, but that honestly is a bit too much, WFE is already at the boundary between a TOOL and a HACK, going even further would be a tad too much.

Hi again... I've searched and couldn't find HP color code for "Neutral Hostile/Victim" and "Neutral Passive/Extra". It looks kinda Light Violet and Dark Yellow, but did anyone wanted and succeeded to do it like in Reforged? To clarify my search was close to this Warcraft III Color Tags And Linebreaks but I'm specifically wanting Player codes for HP Bar introduced in Reforged Custom HP status settings.

Anyone wanted similar reforged HP bar settings?

Solved: They are "Copper Rust" ff984c5c & "Spicy Mustard" ff686c0c, respectively (Source: imagecolorpicker.com)
Edit: Oh, I just saw the default for 13th Player and 16th Player as Rose Bud and Chalky in Unryze default codes, my bad.
Seems like you found the answer yourself, but for any other person using WFE and guessing where to change colours its in file WFEGameColours.ini

Level 2
I know what you mean, so we'll just talk about UI in the future.🙂

PlanA UI will be working on 1.28 ,I want to add it into War3Mod.mpq. I know how to edit a fdf file , but many ORIGIN_FRAME connot find in fdf file.

If you don't have time to try , would you like to guide me to finish it?

Level 16
I know what you mean, so we'll just talk about UI in the future.🙂

PlanA UI will be working on 1.28 ,I want to add it into War3Mod.mpq. I know how to edit a fdf file , but many ORIGIN_FRAME connot find in fdf file.

If you don't have time to try , would you like to guide me to finish it?
Some frames are not in fdf, they are made fully inside game.dll. So you can't really edit them.