• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
FINALLY BACK ONLINE!! (Download here, not from original page)

This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

WC3 ISD 2024 (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
Ghan_04
This tool appears to be abandoned and no longer works properly. I will set it to Awaiting Update for now.
Level 6
Very useful :)
Nice to hear! Thanks. =)

I cant find the new friends release, where i can download it?
There is no new friends release atm. I want more changes before i release the next friends version.
Just click on "My Account" on the fb page and there you can download the next release, when i release it. Will be this week.

If you need Bulgarian language send me a message :) ,i'll try the likeit vers.

Edit:

Ok now i'm confused, still the light vers, pls message me where to get like it vers.

Cool! Yeah ill pm you tomorrow.
You can get it on the fb page, but you have to scroll a lot for it.
But ill send you tomorrow more details about language files and also a current version of WC3 Item & Skill Designer (with lang files support and other stuff). W3X import too ofc. So just wait, or if you really cant wait: there is a user who posted the question about the "LikeIt!" version, there you also can get the link to download.
Thanks! :)

Level 1
How long till next release?
Would be cool if i can copy all my already created items to the designer and edit it there... But the copy feature is not enabled.

Level 1
OK np.
Is it possible to get a pro version? Need to copy the data from my map and update, and save more items and units. Would be really really cool.
I can pay with PayPal.
Please, this would be really cool.
Thanks!!!
I love WC3 Item & Skill Designer! Good job!

Level 6
Atm there is no PRO Version, but it would be no problem to release a version without limits and some other stuff.
But no copy/update... i just dont have the time, im really sorry.
Ill PM you some more info this weekend, then i should have a bit time.
If you are happy with no limits and extended w3x edit (but no copy/update) you can get a release any time.
If i get some time this weekend maybe i can finish copy/update and a lot of other features too, but im not sure...let's see
I want to finish the Name Generator soon, thats more or less the top1 on my ToDo-list. (For a PRO release i can change them a bit)
But i also working on some other tools and on a new game... WC3 Item & Skill Designer is not my only project (but you already know that... how you found out about my other WC3 tools?) and i dont have enough time atm. So.. i would say in a few weeks there might be new cool updates for all.
However, WC3 Item & Skill Designer is after eve hacks my top priority hobby-project.
Ill try my best.

Level 1
great thanks!
Se7en told me about, he got it from you and i saw some screenshots from him.
It looks pretty cool and i really could use such a tool, i play many rpgs!
Do you plan to release it too? Please!
Ill wait for your pm.

Level 2
im trying all compability but still "WC3 Item & Skill Designer has stopped working"
and using online soution not good either
any clue?

:vw_wtf:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It out focuses the text field every time I try to use it.

Edit: Restarting fixed it.

Level 6
No offense, but why the fuck are there artificial limits on this?
Because i made it this way.
Currently users can increase those limits for the next and all upcoming releases..
(Till the next version comes out, soon)

And why is the import/export functionality hidden behind a "visit me on facebook" wall?
Because i made it this way.
This tool isnt free - it costs your time, your feedback, your "like"...
Thats how i can provide it for free atm.

Is there some sadistic gratification you get out of forcing people into using facebook?
No. I dont want to force them to use facebook, i dont like it myself, but i want to force them to give feedback if i provide this tool for free.
Currently there are no special features, but with the w3x import its really useful i think, and it was and still is a lot of work.
More than i planed when i started this project...

And if i use my time for coding and designing, my money for the servers and maybe domains then i think its okay to "take" something in return. For this project the plan was it will be "community activity".
Since i didnt had forums or something ready that time i used facebook. And there are many ppls out there who use it..

But noone is forced to use it.
You can use it AS IT IS without any action or pay something.
And if i "take" something for some features.. thats my decision.

If you dont like it, dont use it.
If you dont like the limits.. there are many possible ways to increase or remove them..
And for ppls with no internet connection: The next release ill provide an offline version too.

Level 6
Update info for WC3 Item & Skill Designer (WC3 ISD):

The project was frozen for years.. but now im back to it.
A new version will come out soon, but not all new features will be included that i planned to.
But next week im gonna check this thread again for ideas and feedback, and implement some of this..
Then i hope i can get the translation done till next weekend.. and then i finally can release 0.5
The w3x import feature wont work. You already can import and see all the data, but you wont be able to edit or save it.
However, it would be cool if ppls could test this feature.. If the imports works, data is correct, etc..
The final w3x edit i now want to have in version 1.0
Maybe it will be included much sooner, but since i dont use wc3 anymore i cant test stuff myself..
And without testing i cant produce anything...

However, a new release is ready soon (or better: done already, just have to translate some strings)
and i hope there will be some testers.
Now that i have read that stuff all again (or a bit of it) i think ill also add more default data for new users.
You wont lose any config or data with an update - just that you know.

Ah and another thing.. there is a new fb page.
Depending on the likes ill increase all limits in the next and after releases by X %
where X is the number of total likes of the site.
And even more, users of the forums who write feedback or support tests or maybe even provide a translation,
will get a version with even higher limits or maybe no limits at all!

// Edit: 250 lines of translating left, then the next version will be released ;)

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The only really useful feature - importing/exporting .wct files was hidden behind this weird unlock wall you implemented.

And tbh I still don't get what the point is behind that or why you insist that people "like and comment" before they can use all the features of your tool.

I mean; it's your right to do that, I get that, but here on Hive, we have always provided our tools and work for free, without taking them hostage for whatever ransom you want. This is the spirit of this community. You share your work without demanding something in return. This is why this community is awesome and why there are only good people here.
There are no leechers here that just take without giving in return. Everyone in this community shares their work in one way or another. And may it only be keeping this board active.

You think that your approach will cause people to create a healthy discussion around your tool, but what you are doing basicly achieves the opposite: people see what you demand of them, (rightfully) think that this is pretty immature and then decide to not care about it.

Do you want to know what I did after seeing that you put artifical limits on your tool?
I said "screw this guy." and used a different tool.
... so, yeah, if you want people to use and discuss your tool, taking them hostage is probably not the way to go.

Level 6
The only really useful feature - importing/exporting .wct files was hidden behind this weird unlock wall you implemented.
It wasnt hidden, it wasnt done. And i was happy with the features, all other stuff i coded only for the community..

And tbh I still don't get what the point is behind that or why you insist that people "like and comment" before they can use all the features of your tool.
Would take to long to explain... I have my reasons.
"Feedback" is/was the price for this tool.

I mean; it's your right to do that, I get that, but here on Hive, we have always provided our tools and work for free, without taking them hostage for whatever ransom you want. This is the spirit of this community. You share your work without demanding something in return. This is why this community is awesome and why there are only good people here.
I dont want to take any hostages, so sorry for that.
I dont mean it that way.
It sounds like a nice community/spirit, but i dont know it. I havnt read here much (just about other tools), and since i dont have WC3 anymore since a lot of years (and still keep the site/tool up) i dont read any other stuff in the forums.
I dont want to break any good stuff here or something like that.. but for my view i just posted a tool here on this site.
You can use the tool without any costs, if you want more you have to "pay" some time.
If i got "feeded" enough everything will be free :D
=>(when i think the tool is "done" and i dont need any more feedback/ideas/etc)
At beginning of this tool it was without limits and free, but i ended my WC3 projects and gaming and still keeped up the work in this tool. Thats when i started to "limit" stuff for "leechers". (This tool is WiP and I DONT HAVE WC3 anymore. So i really need feedback. Any kind).

There are no leechers here that just take without giving in return. Everyone in this community shares their work in one way or another. And may it only be keeping this board active.
How i should know?

You think that your approach will cause people to create a healthy discussion around your tool
No.

, but what you are doing basicly achieves the opposite: people see what you demand of them, (rightfully) think that this is pretty immature and then decide to not care about it.
Yeah. Misunderstood, but thats there right.
Since this tool only costs me and dont brings in anything im fine with them not using it.
But the next release will look better ;)
But.. I think this tool saves time. I think its useful. If others dont, its okay.
Some ppl out there already have 0.5, so i will have my feedback anyway.
Maybe ill just leave the hive with this project then.

Do you want to know what I did after seeing that you put artifical limits on your tool?
I said "screw this guy." and used a different tool.
:D
Okay.
What tool?
Are the limits that low?

... so, yeah, if you want people to use and discuss your tool, taking them hostage is probably not the way to go.
You may be right.
Now i see this in a different way, thank you.
Im gonna change some thing...

But i think ill cancel/remove this tool soon anyway.
Without WC3 i cant test the import features anymore and 0.5 is fine...

Level 6
Uh ... you are only using the version avaliable here or on the site, right?
I removed a lot of the stuff that you talked about in 0.4.6 already.. xD
Misunderstood.

Yeah as you may can see i havnt keept this community updated..
Since it worked for a lot of peoples...

However, i wont update it here atm, maybe sometime, ...
You can see how it really looks here:

(But the import was already in 046, just saving wont work..)

Level 6
New Version released!

Now with NameGen based on the idea here in the forums.

Have fun
Please leave feedback if you like it.

//Edit: Im very sorry, but there is a "big" bug in the current version.. Didnt notice..
Do not try to create female names with the name gen. The tool will crash.
In the next release it will be fixed. And also include a item name gen. And saving for those configs..

//Edit: New Name Gen, all working...

Will be included in next release. Dont know when...
Video ends at 0:50, sorry for the 4 min...

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm a bit confused here. From the sounds of it, the only thing that should be locked behind this silly like thing is the import/export feature, right? That's fine. I can just copy and paste the stuff myself if I need to, as I don't have a Facebook account and don't plan to get one anytime soon because I absolutely loathe the site.

But is everything else other than the basics of the item and skill stuff supposed to be locked as well? The tab I was most interested in - the unit tab - has everything grayed out and unusable. Is that how it's supposed to be?

If so, I guess I'll live without this tool, which is a damn shame because it certainly looked interesting.

I'm kind of on board with Zwie on this one: demanding something as arbitrary as Facebook likes to use the full version of your tool is kind of a dick move. If you were going to do anything like that at all, I would suggest at least setting it up so you could at least use the platform that you got the actual program off of: The Hive. Or your website.

If you just asked me for a rating on Hive or a custom "like" feature on your own site, fine, I'd jump through your hoops, but I absolutely refuse to participate in the cesspool of Facebook.

Suppose I'll have to look for something else. :(

Level 6
Does not work the ability preview for me.
Yea, sorry, its unfinishd. I only spend time on the NameGen :/

I'm a bit confused here. From the sounds of it, the only thing that should be locked behind this silly like thing is the import/export feature, right? That's fine. I can just copy and paste the stuff myself if I need to, as I don't have a Facebook account and don't plan to get one anytime soon because I absolutely loathe the site.
More or less. Nothing is locked, the w3x import is just not done. (You can import, but it wont save)

But is everything else other than the basics of the item and skill stuff supposed to be locked as well? The tab I was most interested in - the unit tab - has everything grayed out and unusable. Is that how it's supposed to be?
No. But unfinishd or started without a idea.
The Unit and Upgrade Tab i added because a user asked for it, but i never got any idea how and what you can design there.
And since i dont have wc3 i just cant check it out myself..
Thats also the reason why the w3x isnt finishd.

If so, I guess I'll live without this tool, which is a damn shame because it certainly looked interesting.
Yea.. But if you have ideas/wished to that tab, write them down and ill code it ;)

I'm kind of on board with Zwie on this one: demanding something as arbitrary as Facebook likes to use the full version of your tool is kind of a dick move. If you were going to do anything like that at all, I would suggest at least setting it up so you could at least use the platform that you got the actual program off of: The Hive. Or your website.
I already removed that stuff, but since i dont have wc3 i dont have a need for hive or so... and for my time i want some time (feedback) too...
However, as i told i already removed that kind of stuff.

If you just asked me for a rating on Hive or a custom "like" feature on your own site, fine, I'd jump through your hoops, but I absolutely refuse to participate in the cesspool of Facebook.
Ill think about it

Suppose I'll have to look for something else. :(
At least for the moment...
If you can send me a idea to the unit designer, i can code it ;)
I really want to do more on this tool, so i can release the next version with nice namegens, but im out of ideas, and no wc3 to test anything..

Level 1
Hi. Very new to editing at this level - made a ton of (terrible) maps a decade ago but really getting into it again with Reforged coming up.

This may be a silly question - but even after watching the video I'm not sure how to import my item to WorldEdit. I get the name, description etc. but I'm not sure how to import the actual stats/boosts from the item. Can anyone explain this to me. Very new to editing, but looking forward to learning!

Level 2
This program doesn't work on my computer.
Error message..

WC ISD
Not vaild! MWD
String 'ErrorLimitsExceeded.' not found

My computer's OS is Windows 10,
and I already have version 4.5 of the .net framework.
What is the problem? plz help me

Last edited:
Level 1
Same thing for me...
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

If some solutions have come up since last year, could someone please fill me in on them?
I have Windows 7 with the latest version(4.5ish?!) of .NET Framework...

Level 6
I finally found the very old source of WC3 ISD (Item & Skill Designer) and, whats more important, the default config für name gens and stuff...
The tool currently doesnt work because the old update server is offline since a longer time... but in the next few day (or 1-2 weeks) ill post a updated version here that will work. Improvement come later, but i dont have WC3 anymore so its impossible for me to do all stuff...
But at least vor calculations and item tooltips and texts it will work, and the random name and random item name generator will work in every way.
I really want to make some big changes to the tool, but that will take some time....
But at least the latest worked version from some ages ago will work with most of features.
The tool will be tranfered to another server and another domain, more details will come later this week
Sorry for the really really long downtime :(

//Edit: Its not the latest source i found, but at least its something i can work on. i already have some ideas to improve the tool, but doing all that stuff i think im faster when i completly rewrite the tool xD but lets see... the "Christmas" version will come soon.

//Edit #2: I will also make a new "tutorial/intro" video for this to show new users how to use it. but this will have to wait a bit longer

Last edited:
Level 7
its bugged and gives me error

error 1: Not valid! MWD
error 2: String 'ErrorLimitsExceeded.' not found

My friend also got this error

Level 6
You have downloaded from here? Or on (outdated) site?
(I havnt updated old site, will bring the new site, on a new domain, in the next weeks online - bur for now please download from here, this version works)

// Edit: the name gens wont work atm , will fix this when i bring the new site online

Level 7
You have downloaded from here? Or on (outdated) site?
(I havnt updated old site, will bring the new site, on a new domain, in the next weeks online - bur for now please download from here, this version works)

// Edit: the name gens wont work atm , will fix this when i bring the new site online
I downloaded from here ^^ Glad to see you will try and fix it <3