1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

Submitted by magicforrest
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
  1. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Ill make an offline release for you.
    Maybe i can create it this weekend together with the pre 0.5 release, ill pm you more details when its done.

2. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Virus scan Please :D :D

3. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    From which site you want a virus scan?
    Ill add it to the next release.

4. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice limits upgrade!
    I like the "LikeIt!" Version. Great work, thanks!

5. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you enable to copy feature? I would like to manage all map items with this software but i cant edit itemid and/or copy from map to designer.

6. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Ill add it after Language Files.
    Atm im working on the first language file, then i need to translate it to german and after this ill finish most stuff, not that much todo left.
    But the next public release will take some time, maybe this week or next there will be another friends release and the 0.5 release will come... idk. Lets see how fast i can finish stuff and maybe get some help.

7. ChaosWyrm

ChaosWyrm

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could make a few suggestions, the Item generator could use some more values i.e. Stun/Critical/Evasion% and if possible something to list other abilities like Feedback or Flame Strike. The Ability generator could include something for ability type (passive/active) and range (100, 250, 600, single-target, AoE, chain).

That aside this is a great program. I've got no idea how any sort of coding works so I'll not touch that but this is incredible.

8. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Stun/Crit/etc are Boosts - Go to config tab and add a Boost ($int% Crit chance (2x)) or something like this. You can also use this to add "Skills" to a Item. (Just call the Boosts Flamestrike or what you want).
    Hope i understand what you mean, if im wrong please tell me.

For the Skill Designer: Active/Passive youll see in the current Facebook Version, or you wait for the official 0.5 release.
    Ill add Range/Target!

9. shadybg

shadybg

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Professional my *******, this is still the lite version.. anyway nice tool i like it its very usefull and i use it. I expected for the real professinal tool that can import maps.

10. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the thread title, but thats not my fault, read the url, there you can see the whole name. Idk why the thread name is cut.
    You dont need the Pro version to import w3x maps, with the current friends version "LikeIt! Version" (on Facebook) you can already do it.
    And in the official 0.5 release too. ;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  11. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you release the next friends release?
    You still need help with language files? I can do german translation

12. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    This weekend will come the next release.
    Yeah i need help with language files, but english and german i have already done.
    Any other language is welcome :)

13. z.ky

z.ky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very useful :)

14. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    I cant find the new friends release, where i can download it?

15. shadybg

shadybg

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If you need Bulgarian language send me a message :) ,i'll try the likeit vers.

Edit:

Ok now i'm confused, still the light vers, pls message me where to get like it vers.

16. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Nice to hear! Thanks. =)

There is no new friends release atm. I want more changes before i release the next friends version.
    Just click on "My Account" on the fb page and there you can download the next release, when i release it. Will be this week.

Cool! Yeah ill pm you tomorrow.
    You can get it on the fb page, but you have to scroll a lot for it.
    But ill send you tomorrow more details about language files and also a current version of WC3 Item & Skill Designer (with lang files support and other stuff). W3X import too ofc. So just wait, or if you really cant wait: there is a user who posted the question about the "LikeIt!" version, there you also can get the link to download.
    Thanks! :)

17. shadybg

shadybg

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, i dont hurry and will wait :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

18. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    How long till 0.5 or next friends version?

19. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where i can download your other warcraft 3 tools? I would like to test the loadcode manager!! :)

20. CBX Entertainment

CBX Entertainment

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love it.

Too bad I already added so many Items with my bare hands :(
    But I might still use it