1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

Submitted by magicforrest
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
  1. Svenpai

Svenpai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice program :)

2. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    New Version released !

// Edit: I fixed a small text error and a not working link (on FirstRun), i reuploaded it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. Shaeam

Shaeam

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My goodness.

If this program had a import feature it would probably be one of the best programs on the hive; aside from the essentials like the model viewer and icon border creator.

Please finish this spectacular program. 5/5.

4. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    How about not only Weapon and Armor items? For example, a key is not an Armor or Weapon. I would not use it yet. don't stop improving it, I might use it some day. Nice job :)

5. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    ???
    I dont understand what you want..
    if you want the typ "Key", just create it in config tab.. ?!?!
    This tool is fully customizable.. maybe check the video and then come back if you still have a question.

6. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Then it's obviously too messy.

7. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Could you please be more precisely?
    What is too messy? Where you have a problem? (Config -> Add name -> Choose color -> Hit Save) .. ?
    You have to spend some time to config the tool, but after this... i think its fine.
    I create all my items with this. However, i already have finishd w3x import so i can edit my maps with this tool, no need for WE. But i think even with Copy & Paste it could be a great support.

// Edit: This tool has been used more than 1.200 times already, and you are the first who say its too messy. Just watch the video. Its not that hard. Give it a chance.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okay, magic, let's be more precise. I have few suggestions those explain why I said it's messy.
    1. To the Typ section, make like "..." or "New Typ" next to the list or to the list. I say it wouldn't hurt to make it more compact.
    2. I have got used to the bar including stuff like "File", "Edit", "View", "Layer", "Window", "Help" maybe doing so, that would also help to make it more compact. (I don't care if there is pictures, text or text with pictures)
    3. "All infos on website/forums :)" you kidding me?

Note that these are my opinions about the application. Some may be fine with the current version (I would have link to older versions because of that, referring to "Old versions may not work anymore, so always use the latest version!")

These are not suggestions:
    Although I have concerns about would this break the ice, I myself find this decently done. You have a good count of features included in this application and tabbing them was smart way to do.
    Reason why I didn't take a closer look to this instead of posting my "messy" comment was to show you that some people are not as careful at first-looks as others (including me :D) Maybe making this more attractive to those people wouldn't hurt.
    I myself have tried making an application, barely useful. It was a prank maker, making a fake warning/error window and having a feature to restart/shut down the system and making a beep or looping beeps. My friend tried it, didn't somehow say anything bad about it, even though it didn't hide itself when showing the window :D and wasn't compact at all. So be aware that not everyone say you the negative stuff about your application.

Feel free to discuss the stuff I've said with me, it's okay. I'm not so accurate at making feedback, so you can also highlight stuff I've said. What software did you use to make this by the way? If I get linux on my older computer to work I can test this on it.

I would rate this currently 3 or 4 depending on can I get used to this, but I will not give it a rate before next versions.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  9. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    First of all.. thanks for your time, and for this posting. :)
    There is not many feedback, and if so its kinda short. Noone really takes some time to write (longer) feedback.

Its just below the list..? I can add a "..." Entry that will focus the "Add new" Textfield then coubleclicked. Something like this?

Hm.. so you want a "File" menu bar on the top? Or you mean add more to the buttons? (Or even replace the buttons? No, sry i like them :))

There are so many features, and every release i add and change so many stuff.. The most Up2Date info you can find on the web, but ill change it to a online based info next release. Would look much better..

And there are many new ideas for this tool.. Really cool features.

I added a "First Run" Dialog in 0.4.5, isnt that enough? (I have updated it now so new users really check the Config tab first - if they read this)
    Yeah its a bit ugly..
    What else should/can i do?
    Maybe ill add more sample-data in next release.

Yeah, there is much to less feedback.
    But people should say what they want, so i can do it.. Dont know why the most dont understand this. :(
    Im pretty sure there are many users that run the tool one time, only see weapon and armor and close it. But the others, who read the firstunr or info/watch youtube video... i think they get a good help with this :)
    And now with w3x import and soon with hero and skill editor (w3x manipulation) this could be a really cool tool.

Visual Studio 2010 Express with .Net 2.0

Cool, thanks :)

Just tell me what to change, and ill see what i can do :)
    Thanks!

10. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    "Its just below the list"
    On the first tab? To make new one? Havent seen it D:
    I have visual studio too. Pretty simple way to make something without losing life :)
    About that info and help on the internet, maybe someone wouldnt have acces to net all the time?
    Well yeah I kinda, eh.. skipped that first run thing on my first time launching the tool. I was like, this is just description maker, how hard can it be? But dont hurry making changes, make them from overall suggestions, not on single feedback, referring to "tell me what to change."

I guess only serious problem is to get people use this. At the moment only way I can think of is simplifying it.

11. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Ah.. i finally understand what you mean. Ii added "..." Links that opens the config tab :)

For now there is no offline version. If a user dont have internet, this tool wont work.
    Maybe ill change it in later releases, but for now i want all users to have the latest version. And thats the only way to be sure that everyone is up 2 date.

Im open for all ideas/etc..

12. kodok_rebus

kodok_rebus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Rep+
    i like your tools, usefull tools for RPG.
    I always need WC3 Item & Skill Designer xD

13. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tested it then...

SO HARDCORE! 5/5

14. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:

If you already like it, u'll love the next release.
    So far got import of w3u, w3a, w3t, wts done (You can edit all your item, ability and unit text with this tool. No need to open world edit :) (You can edit the map itself))
    And working on all other files a map may have.
    (Scripts, AI, and many other cool stuff).
    However, i havnt finishd the name generator so far lol

15. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
  16. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  17. Kunfury

Kunfury

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great tool 5/5

Edit

Also when do you think version 0.5 will be out. I've only been using this program for a little bit but it has already helped me a ton.
    I did find a bug though...

**When I am writing something it will sometimes deselect the box I was writing in after every letter I type. Which makes me have to click it again to add a single letter. It usually stops if I restart the program though.**

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  18. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:

So far i think i have 50% of what i want in version 0.5. Maybe the Name Generator will not work and the Account System will not be implemented, but i want as much w3x edit Features as possible :)
    And im open for all ideas!
    Maybe i can tell you a release date in a few days or a week, atm i dont have much free time from work so i cant get stuff done. But i try my best.
    However, i really want to make a small Release with a lot of Bug-fixes.. But so many stuff not done.. Lets see.
    I would like to release a new version this month.

Yeah this is a known bug, sorry. The only way you can write more is to disable Auto Refresh of the Preview. You then have to refresh it by click on the refresh button, or hit F5, if you want to see the Preview.
    Im still working on a solution, but this is something for version 0.6 or so :D