1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer 0.5.0 - WC3 ISD

Submitted by magicforrest
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper.

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

Here you can see the new, "extended" name gen (chars & items)

Always the latest news, and a version with higher limits for friends: Official FB site
http://www.facebook.com/wc3isd

Official website. Some info and download
http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Official forums - Here you can discuss and leave a comment or whatever.
http://forum.magicforrest.de/viewforum.php?f=41

Please.. check the config tab first. By default there are only "Weapon" and "Armor"... customize it! Add you own stuff! Thats the magic :)

Keywords:
item, creator, designer, tooltip, color, string, warcraft, mapper, tool, skill, exp, damage, calculator, armor, evasion
Contents

WC3 ISD 0.5 'HIVE' (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/24 20:46:01 Comment: [Approved] Very useful and easy to use tool, with lots of features! Staff Contact - Rules
  1. Rozll0rt

Rozll0rt

Resources:
    Resources:
    The application do not open it says: unable to find a version of a runtime to run this application. Why?

2. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You need the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 and Windows XP SP2 or later.
    You have both?

3. tarnos12

tarnos12

Resources:
    Resources:
    5/5 Nice program the best I have seen so far, I just hope to see import/export options even if its just to change description of item I dont mind! Keep up good work.

4. Rozll0rt

Rozll0rt

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have it

5. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL a great program, plagued by '.NET' Shame you beat me to this program though: I'm working on an external Object Editor. Hopefully mine can still shine in light of this program.

Very good tool

6. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried the new version, it still rocks omg... WHY DOES THIS TOOL IS SO COOL?

7. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I shall make a cooler editor! and it won't use dot net hehe.

also: It'll be usable on mac/linux/windows

8. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What is the problem with dot net

9. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Just some more features and 0.5 will come!

What you dont have? Windows? .Net?

Thanks. And GL with your tool.

:grin: And it will get much cooler soon.
    With w3x edit, unit designer, upgrades designer, and many other stuff.
    (On facebook you can see all new features and infos)

Do what you want. But why you have to tell this here? You cant start your own thread/tool for this?

It runs on Win, Mac, Linux.. and its working.
    I dont see any problem with .Net.
    But maybe he will tell us soon - cant wait for the reason why .Net is "bad"(?).

10. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Back! .Net works on the other two OS'? That's very cool, and was my biggest argument against using it. However, it still needs the runtime environment, thus it technically the same as Java, which I have a massive beef with.
    • It needs to be ran in a VM of sorts.
    • This provides overhead and 'lag'
    • Automatic memory leak catchers? Those never work well enough to warrant using them.
    • Easier working with C/C++ generally.

Note: This is more prevalent with Java.

Edit: To use a program, I shouldn't have to need another program, when my other programs don't need it.

PS: This is the 2nd best tool I have seen on here.

11. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    For Windows XP SP2 or higher you dont need anything. Its installed by defaullt, and there are million tools thats using .Net.
    On Mac/Unix you can use Mono to run this, and because im only using .Net 2.0 you dont need any additional libs or something.

Hm.. you know that 90% of games and software install runtimes, (.Net too) etc? I.e.: Photoshop is using VC 2008 rt. And thats just one... there are millions out there.

--

The most users here use windows i think, so im fine with just Windows support too.
    Dont think there are sooo many users with unix/mac who map. But i can be wrong...
    .Net its maybe a bit slower than native exe but this tool dont need that much cpu/ram, and there are no lags - for this tool .Net is the right coice (for me).

----

Back to topic: Time for feedback guys, send me your ideas for the unit designer or changes/improvements to this tool!

12. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aw, please add the 'skill tab' cooldowns, manacost (when learning), description (when learning AND already learned). Also try to change the color and add hotkeys for the spell. hehe :D

I will wait for v5.0 :D

13. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, I don't use Visual C++ or its runtime either, how do most games unstall a 'runtime'? Can you list well known games that do?

14. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    The most games install required runtimes and stuff at setup.
    If you google for it you can find many tools and games made with it.
    However, why you talk about a game? Are you making a game or a tool? You should decide what it will be, before you start. There is a big difference.
    But i think thats completely offtopic, so if you want to talk about this, maybe via pm.
    GL with your game. Or tool. Or whatever.

15. iChaos

iChaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man when will be thee 0.5 going out? and did you saw my post? :p

16. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    As you can see (from the screenshot from 0.5) the next version will have hotkeys and "typ's" (they can be used to color the skill name).
    The description of learning and learned can only be manipulated at w3x import atm, you want both for the designer too? (no problem ;))
    Ill add cooldown!
    Thank you! :thumbs_up:

In around 1-3 weeks. No, didnt saw it, sorry.
    I could release 0.5 any time but atm only item and skill w3x edit is implemented. I want to add more stuff before i release a new version.
    And the name generator isnt finish´d too....

// Edit: On the facebook page you can get latest news about features and release date.

// Edit2: Btw: You can change to color of skills at the config tab! (General Skill Color).

// Edit3: Looks like there will be a friends only release this weekend! With w3x import and many other improvements and some fixes.
    But many stuff not done, thats just a pre 0.5 release ;)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  17. Allain55X

Allain55X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, making tooltips consume so much item but this might help me! Will try this. Later +REP after I try this!

18. Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful tool! Saves a lot of time.
    Cant wait for w3x import!
    How i can increase the limits?

19. magicforrest

magicforrest

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    At the current version you cant increase them.
    But if you need more tell me where, and maybe ill increase it in the next release.
    As soon the account system is done there will be many ways to increase the limits (Share configs/namelists/etc, give feedback/ideas/etc..).
    But i dont think that the account system will make it to 0.5.

20. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    An offline ver? I Don't have Internet conn. at home, so I am unable to launch it!
    Ideas?