• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 ISD (Item & Skill Designer) - Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey,

i just released version 0.5 of my litte tool "WC3 Item & Skill Designer" (Or "WC3 ISD" for short)
There are not many new features, but there is a Name Gen included, and some minor changes to last release.

Since i dont have wc3 anymore (since years) i cant finish the import w3x feature, but i want to make this little tool a "all-around" helper for maping.
If there are still mappers who could use such tools...

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

And here you can download the Tool and find more info...
on Hive: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-item-skill-designer-0-5-0-wc3-isd.218358
on WWW: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Now how can you help me?
Say what you like, what you dont, what features you could use, whats tricky, whats easy, whats hard, whats good, whats bad... whatever
Critic, feedback, ideas or maybe a "good work".. anything would help :)

And if you want to support this tool... im looking for translators! Or any other idea/help..
I want to "finish" this tool soon, since i dont have wc3 anymore i dont need it..
So thats more or less the last chance to get some improvements to this tool before its development ends.

Level 6
Did you considered 512 symbols limit at item's tooltips?
You really have that much items? No need for it atm..
If more ppls ask for higher limits maybe ill increase it.

This also includes "Click to use", "Drop onto shop to sell" lines, basically everything you see at the tooltip beside item's name.
??
Those Strings are not in this tool atm. If it is needed ill add it.

Limit is a bitch, and you should aware user of it
Yea.
But.. you are not forced to use this tool anyway.
Noone has ever asked for higher limits, so it will stay like this.
This way the user will "come back" at least when he hits the limits, and i can get some feedback maybe.
There are just to many leechers...
You know, i dont have WC3 since years.. so i spend my free time in a tool that i cant use myself anymore.
I dont want any money for it, but i want some of users time for feedback, ideas, wishes, etc.

Limitless versions are out there too.
If you do a translation or so you can get a unlimited version, even without update check/internet required.

Level 19
you got me wrong or what? game doesnt allow to put more than 511 suymbols into item's description, no matter what you trying. this count is also consider those useless hints about "click" and selling. it have nothing to do with the tool as is, it's about tool's work.

since you suggest to use multiple colors you will exceed the limit very fast, so this isn't bad idea to check final length

Status
Not open for further replies.