• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tool] WC3 ISD (Item & Skill Designer)

You like it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
WC3 Item & Skill Designer is a tool to create professional item and skill tooltips in seconds!
This tool offers many useful features for mapper. (More than just text features)

WC3 Item & Skill Designer ist completely customizable.

For RPG-Creators/Mappers this tool offers a lot of nice features that are used by default (But you can remove them), like Item Quality/Rarity, Item Typ and Required Class for the item.

There are some calulators, like a armor (damage reduction) calculator, damage/dps calculator, effective hp calculator (good for balancing, and with a evasion calulator (stack - cool) and a exp calculator. Just try it out!

And thats not all. There is also a name generator! Generate names for your heros with just a few clicks. Fully customizable.

Woah still more.. There is a w3x import too! (Not done atm).
No need to open world-editor just to edit some items or skills. And maybe even more.
So far i got the import of most of the files done (stuff i need, and stuff i dont need, but maybe will use later) and everything is working. Just need to add the list/edit feature.

Requirements:
Some time for Feedback/Comment/Like :p
OS: Windows XP SP2/3 or later, Linux: with Mono it should work (untested)
CPU: 1,5 Ghz
Ram: 512 MB (or whatever your OS need to run smooth.. The tool itself only needs a few MB)

-- Some videos --

Here you can see the first video. Its outdated, but the idea behind the tool is still the same. Edit the config to do the magic :)

Here you can see the w3x import and some other stuff:

Here you can see the last added feature, random name gen:

And here you can download the Tool and find more info...
on Hive: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-item-skill-designer-0-5-0-wc3-isd.218358
on WWW: http://www.t34.at/wc3itemskilldesigner

Level 13
Is it just me or an improved version of Risc's Colorizer (the Colorizer used by newgen) would be enough. By an improved version I mean something like this forum's Rich Text Editor that let's you select text and choose a color and preview it in real time (although, you have to click "Preview..." in this forum editor, so it's not exactly real time, but it's much better than Colorizer).

Here's an item:

Coldkill
One-Hand Damage: 28 to 57
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 25
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 36
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
10% chance to cast level 5 Frost Nova when struck
10% chance to cast level 10 Ice Blast on striking
30% Increased Attack Speed
160% Enhanced Damage
+40 Cold Damage
+15% Maximum Cold Resist
Cold Resist +15

It didn't took that long to type (I was looking at the item description), although I had to change the color by clicking the "A" icon a bunch of times, which slowed things down.

I also like to store object data in format that the ObjectMerger tool can use to recreate in any map which gives you version control and diffing of your data as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.