• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Level 1
hey u guys got any idea to where can i put custom maps in 1.31.1 i tried puting a custom map into my maps folder and it doesnt show ingame ive also tried into documents creating a download folder and all of that and its still not working

Level 21
There is a chance to recover the TFT original Bloodmage who had a different "more constipated" face than Kael'thas model?
Are you sure there's a different model? I just compared the Blood Mage model and portrait from patch 1.29 MPQ to the one from the first TFT Beta MPQ and they look identical to me.
Oh, that was patch 1.13. You could install 1.00 RoC and then 1.07 TFT and extract it from the MPQ.
Is there a way to somehow extract the MPQs without having to install the patches? I'm especially curious about the beta MPQs since both RoC and TFT Beta patches fail to install after the first one.

Last edited:
Level 27
Are you sure there's a different model? I just compared the Blood Mage model and portrait from patch 1.29 MPQ to the one from the first TFT Beta MPQ and they look identical to me.

Is there a way to somehow extract the MPQs without having to install the patches? I'm especially curious about the beta MPQs since both RoC and TFT Beta patches fail to install after the first one.

At least the Portrait face wasn't the same. The chin was different, and the face looked a bit slim compared with Kael'thas version, and i can remember other users reporting the change.

Well, another options are searching on maps from that time, or using virtual box to install 1.00 in Xp.

Last edited:
Level 21
If the installer is just an exe, I don't think so.
I thought as much. :sad:
The chin was different, and the face looked a bit slim compared with Kael'thas version, and i can remember other users reporting the change.
Damn, for years I've been wondering what secrets do the old MPQs hold, but it looks like it will probably forever remain a mystery.
Well, another options are searching on maps from that time, or using virtual box to install 1.00 in Xp.
I'm kinda desperate so I'll give the virtual box a try when I get the time to learn how it works and how to set it up.

Level 1
eENfkrY.jpg

I tested the two 1.29.2 versions you uploaded (thanks for that !) but they aren't the same version.:peasant-confused:

Files_1.29.2_new.zip >> 1.29.2.9231
Files_1.29.2.zip >> 1.29.2.9208 Public Test (PTR)

It's a good thing, the more different versions we have, the better it will be for the sustainability of Warcraft III's past but maybe you could edit your post loktar with more detailled version number.:peasant-thinking:

Level 1
Hi, I just downloaded the 1.31 version. I gave my cd keys and opened the warcraftIII.exe file. I get a black screen, with the first cinematic movie's sound in the background. (the one that the footman and the grunt fight until the infernal kills them). After the cinematic finishes, (still with the black screen), the game crashes and I get an error. what can I do? pls help.

Level 1
Are you running the exe in the x86 folder? The one in the x86_64 folder is for 64-bit Windows.
no, the 64 bit file gives an error (cause I'm running on a 32 bit). so I can run only the 32 bit one. (which gives a black screen). Also, I am able to play the 1.30.4 version

Try putting "-graphicsapi Direct3D9" in the shortcut target (more details in this post: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files).

Also, to be clear, you are running Warcraft III.exe in the x86 folder and not Warcraft III Launcher.exe in the main folder, right?

Oh, and did you put the game in the main partition? If not, try putting it in C:. And also try running as admin.

That's about all I can think of to try. The main post in this thread has a lot of info for 1.31.1 so worth a look: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

Last edited:
Level 5
edit: my og post was kinda all over the place anyway.... i want a version of the game on 1.26 or 1.27 but no game files exist for that version, i cant use the 1.21 version and update it because my pc doesnt have a cd rom (i do own the discs obviously), using the installer will just redirect me into my other version of the game and wont install it. if anyone can help me plz message me

Last edited:
Level 7
What are the betas exactly for?

I've downloaded both of them and they don't seem to have much use. The only option is Battle.Net (RoC beta also has options) but they obviously don't work.
Is there any way to actually activate singleplayer or are they just useless in that regard?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Missing Patches
  • TFT: [...] 1.20e

WarCraft 3: Frozen Throne v1.20e English Patch - WarCraft III: Reforged Mods, Maps, Patches & News - GameFront

GameFront is imho a better and safer site to link to than GCW

Other official upgrade patch versions available from there:
- https://www.gamefront.com/games/warcraft-iii/category/pc-1
- https://www.gamefront.com/games/warcraft-iii/category/warcraft-3-the-frozen-throne

Missing Patches
  • 1.23a

The Patches Scrolls | Patch | Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos | patch 1.23a | Download
(or from their old site)
The Patches Scrolls | Patch | Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne | patch 1.23a | Download
(or from their old site)

Likewise, The Patches Scrolls is imho a better and safer site to link to than GCW

Other official upgrade patch versions available from there:
- The Patches Scrolls | Patch | Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos
- The Patches Scrolls | Patch | Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Just to be clear, I rest my case that it is Blizzard's job to provide their files from their own servers.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello there, this thread has been really useful and informative. I was wondering iff there's a way to change the language of the game on 1.29 or superior versions?

Level 18
random question, how do i know where to locate all past patches that i probably have, cuz the only one i have is 1.31.1 june 2019 build

edit: my keyboard decided to be a bitch and accidentally pressed enter, cause the unwanted update and now bricked my warcraft 3, had no other choice but to delete it all and start over

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi there,
I'm looking for a backup folder of the mac client 1.28, 1.29 or 1.30. Any chance that this exists somewhere on the net ?
I'm playing reforged on my laptop and wanted to install W3C on my old 2011 IMac. Old 1.27 version works but doesn't support widescreen.
Have search a lot but always find windows files...

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Another option is to use Darwine. That probably still works.

Level 4
Hi, I'm a real noob at this stuff. I really want to run version 1.31.1 but I am not great at this tech stuff. I'm on a Mac but am using parallels so I can open exe files. Could one of you guys walk me through how exactly I should go about running the game on 1.31.1? Like, what should I download, what should I install, etc... I have a hard CD copy of the game with keys, if that helps.

Level 1
Hello! Anyone ever had this problem: whenever I click the "Local Area Network" button I encounter this message (see the attachment). I played with my friend via LAN using the 1.26a version of WAR3, but then I downloaded the 1.31 version of WAR3 from hive and it seems not working :(

Attachments

• 1632766953939.png
    1632766953939.png
    739.8 KB · Views: 141
Level 18
Hello! Anyone ever had this problem: whenever I click the "Local Area Network" button I encounter this message (see the attachment). I played with my friend via LAN using the 1.26a version of WAR3, but then I downloaded the 1.31 version of WAR3 from hive and it seems not working :(
yeah you cant, it need the bonjour service. idk what is it

Level 17
Due to that error message, I can assume Bonjour was already installed, but it's currently in a broken state either due to its service being disabled or an attempt at removing it. Uninstall it completely from the "add or remove programs" if it's in there, then delete the C:\Program Files\Blizzard\Bonjour Service and C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizzard\Bonjour Service. After that try running the game again and it might ask you to install again. Make sure to allow it the administrator access for this as the Bonjour Service is what allows LAN to run in 1.30, instead of the old method of broadcasting the game info over UDP which is not great as a method due to there being no confirmation of the data being received and this locking out the port.
Other than this, the LAN protocol was not changed but you might sadly experience a few issues with downloading maps over 1.31 LAN. I've seen an inconsistent bug of the maps not being downloadable in both PTR and Retail flavours, but not often enough to diagnose or find a solution.

Last edited:
Level 28
I know about Bonjour problem. Even there is a post already about Battle.net button problem along with this one:
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files
When I start Local Area Network, it asks for me to install Bonjour and also automatic update.
As Bogdan said, remove Bonjour folder as seen on my picture.
Alternatively, if you still have a problem with LAN play, you could use Radmin VPN.

Attachments

• Bonjour W3.jpg
    Bonjour W3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 77
Level 28
How do i play even beta i dont understand
Differences between the full and beta:
1.Warcraft 3 Beta: Only Multiplayer (Battle.net) is available. The game is still buggy. I heard that when I watched the gameplay video by Retera, the game freezes when you play as Undead or Night Elf.
2.Warcraft 3 Demo: You can only play 3 missions of Orc (Exodus of the Horde, it's also available on The Frozen Throne).

Choose wisely. There are some limitations between Beta and Demo.