• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Level 5
Differences between the full and beta:
1.Warcraft 3 Beta: Only Multiplayer (Battle.net) is available. The game is still buggy. I heard that when I watched the gameplay video by Retera, the game freezes when you play as Undead or Night Elf.
2.Warcraft 3 Demo: You can only play 3 missions of Orc (Exodus of the Horde, it's also available on The Frozen Throne).

Choose wisely. There are some limitations between Beta and Demo.
Oh thats whz

Level 17
Differences between the full and beta:
1.Warcraft 3 Beta: Only Multiplayer (Battle.net) is available. The game is still buggy. I heard that when I watched the gameplay video by Retera, the game freezes when you play as Undead or Night Elf.
2.Warcraft 3 Demo: You can only play 3 missions of Orc (Exodus of the Horde, it's also available on The Frozen Throne).

Choose wisely. There are some limitations between Beta and Demo.
How does one go about playing that beta multiplayer? Are there any servers for it still up?

Level 28
How does one go about playing that beta multiplayer? Are there any servers for it still up?
I don't know about this feature on Beta but the Battle.net server is very old (crack).
However, I had already watched this videos about Beta gameplay and realized that the game was broken.
When you play as Undead or Night Elf, if you order the workers to harvest resources, the game freezes.
This doesn't occur when you play as Human or Orc.
Overall, I don't use Beta because of those problems.

However, I had already watched this videos about Beta gameplay and realized that the game was broken.
When you play as Undead or Night Elf, if you order the workers to harvest resources, the game freezes.
Similar to other versions of Warcraft III however, our modding knowledge is still generally functional. I was able to modify the beta and give the Night Elves a way to spawn Treants and give the Treants an ability to harvest lumber and change the techtrees and then I was able to play as the Night Elves and play the whole techtree. In theory you could do the same with the Undead, although I don't think that I did.

This was actually really informative for understanding the game's roots, and the bugs and design flaws that resurfaced on Reforged when devs tried to change things. As an example, there is no concept of abilities or AbilityData.slk on this 2002 beta like how we were used to it begin on Frozen Throne. Instead, every unit had four sets of built-in ability data for the unit's abilities. UnitData.slk in the beta literally contained how much damage Storm Bolt would do as a field on the Mountain King for example, or how much wood the peasant would chop as a field on 'hpea'. In this same way, Reforged programmers busted the original Reforged Beta so that hero ability icons would load from the unit and not from the ability data, which was incredibly frustrated and messed up custom maps. But seeing this old 2002 beta actually helps us to visualize how hacked together the internal game code might be and why that mistake would have been made on Reforged.

It's worth mentioning that the video of myself playing that, if you listen to what I was saying, is very trollish. As I said at the beginning I had been trying to play Reforged for 7 hours without success. But after that point, most of what I said was being facetious. I worded everything so that it sounded like I was playing the Reforged beta, but obviously this was the 2002 beta instead.

Level 28
Its impossible to get ptr right?
PTR for Classic is no longer available anymore since Blizzard updated it for Reforged client a year ago. According to one of the post from this thread:
The PTR is no longer available and newer versions of Warcraft III have been released since then. You will need to download Warcraft III from the BattleNet application to continue using the latest version of Warcraft III. If you are a long time player then you need to make sure your RoC CD key is attached to your BattleNet account so that Warcraft III with classic graphics can keep being played. TFT was merged into RoC so TFT CD Keys are now worthless.

Level 28
hi i want to play the beta RoC but the only option is multiplayer which ofc doesnt work is there anyway to go into an actual single player game or something?
You can only play Battle.net if you are using the Beta versions. Same thing goes for ROC Demo (which also limits your race to Orc).

Level 5
damn shame would have liked to see it im sure there is a recreation out there somewhere but its not the same
You can only play Battle.net if you are using the Beta versions. Same thing goes for ROC Demo (which also limits your race to Orc).
damn shame, im sure there is a recreation out there somewhere but its just not the same. thanks anyway.

Level 17
hi i want to play the beta RoC but the only option is multiplayer which ofc doesnt work is there anyway to go into an actual single player game or something?
For either the beta or the demo, -loadfile might work to load up a map directly. I don't remember if I had much luck with those tests, but at least one of them seemed promising

Level 28
Hey. I founded version 1.30.9655 PTR!
You can download here!
PTR version is worthless. There are many bugs that still unfixed until the final version came out.
Furthermore, the link you posted is just a cracked/repacked version. They are just illegal.
All of the download links in this thread are the original without cracks, but you'll still need an original CD-Keys.

Level 1
Hey there,

Im pretty much lost after I didn't play Warcraft in general for a couple of years. Now I wanted to play a bit and also custom campaigns but now comes the part where I'm lost... I have still the cd's for roc and tft but the catch is that they are in german and on version 1.07. Now i don't know how I'm supposed to update these since they are in german and I don't really like to download the game on english somewhere else. Is there anyway I can update my german Warcraft?

Level 28
Hey there,

Im pretty much lost after I didn't play Warcraft in general for a couple of years. Now I wanted to play a bit and also custom campaigns but now comes the part where I'm lost... I have still the cd's for roc and tft but the catch is that they are in german and on version 1.07. Now i don't know how I'm supposed to update these since they are in german and I don't really like to download the game on english somewhere else. Is there anyway I can update my german Warcraft?
For the non-English Warcraft (1.27b), you should check this link below:
Warcraft 3 standalone patches (all languages, Windows) - Official patches - PCGamingWiki PCGW Community
The latest version of WC3 (1.30-1.31) is actually multi-language release and it will automatically change to your language after the installation.

version 1.07. Now i don't know how I'm supposed to update
Although I have a personal backup of versions going back to 1.22 from when they were live, I do not have similar backups of all the versions of Diablo 2.

What I found when someone asked me to play a particular patch of Diablo 2 prior to the current battlenet version, what I found was that I could install from the CD and then use the wayback machine online archive, I believe it was, to download the patch upgrades from a 3rd party online archive replica of the original Blizzard FTP site containing all of the patch updaters. By doing this, I was not downloading the game from some unofficial pirate-ish site claiming to be the new authority on getting game versions to replace Blizzard.

Although any third party version of the game is probably not a good idea, I think that getting an old archive of the official Blizzard updaters like this might be your best bet if you're worried about the security side of these things at all. I'm sure you're aware, as stated by Ravager16829 above, that if you have no concerns regarding computer security then you can download all manner of Warcraft III versions in all manner of languages from all over the place. But in my personal experience, getting an archived version of Blizzard's own official updater from the wayback machine really gave me some piece of mind with regards to the security side of this. It's not ideal, but it's what we're faced with if you really want some particular legacy version now that Blizzard no longer offers them.

With that said, for Warcraft 3 there is also an option to download Patch 1.27 from Blizzard directly still (at least in English) and so if you're adament about not using Reforged, and if you don't like the wayback machine for some reason, you could just download the legacy patch 1.27 of your language from Blizzard directly.

https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=deDE&os=WIN
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=deDE&os=WIN

Level 28
With that said, for Warcraft 3 there is also an option to download Patch 1.27 from Blizzard directly still (at least in English) and so if you're adament about not using Reforged, and if you don't like the wayback machine for some reason, you could just download the legacy patch 1.27 of your language from Blizzard directly.

https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=deDE&os=WIN
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=deDE&os=WIN
I'm pointing out that according to this thread:
Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches - General Discussion - Warcraft III: Reforged
It is possible to change your language for the setup:
Note for Other Countries***

You can get your countries installer by changing the enUS to your country.

product=WAR3&locale=enUS&os=WIN
local=(country)(Country)&os=WIN
Country Codes

csCZ Czech (Czech Republic)
Note: The Czech translation was done by Cenega Czech , the version was so old and was not ever updated. " It may not be downloadable."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deDE German (Germany)
enUS English (United States)
esES Spanish (Spain)
frFR French (France)
itIT Italian (Italy)
jaJA Japanese
koKR Korean (Korea)
plPL Polish (Poland)
ruRU Russian (Russia)
zhZN Chinese (S)
zhTW Chinese (T)
There is a similar post about the way to download the client in other languages than English:
Looking for Multilanguage Warcraft 3 Legacy Downloaders

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Why is there an installation process, but not a guide to uninstall? What if after I change something in a map that's an older version I want to uninstall and proceed with the newest version, for whatever reason? The complete uninstalling process of wc3 isn't just going to control panel and clicking uninstall...

Level 28
Why is there an installation process, but not a guide to uninstall? What if after I change something in a map that's an older version I want to uninstall and proceed with the newest version, for whatever reason? The complete uninstalling process of wc3 isn't just going to control panel and clicking uninstall...
If you are using the portable versions (1.29-1.31), all you really need to do is delete the following items:
1.The game folder (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III).
2.The "Warcraft III" folder in "Documents" and "Saved Games".
3.The registry key for Warcraft III located in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment".
Make sure you backup any of important files in case you might need to use them later.

Attachments

• Step 1 WC3.jpg
    Step 1 WC3.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Step 2 WC3.jpg
    Step 2 WC3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Step 3 WC3.jpg
    Step 3 WC3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Step 4 WC3.jpg
    Step 4 WC3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 73
Level 4
i do have the last ptr version on my pc, it works fine and you can play LAN, but it lacks cinematic cutscenes on campaign. if u want a link just hit me up on pm.

Level 28
i do have the last ptr version on my pc, it works fine and you can play LAN, but it lacks cinematic cutscenes on campaign. if u want a link just hit me up on pm.
PTR is no longer available because the official server has been updated to Reforged.
You can use any 3rd party method like GameRanger or Radmin to play LAN.

Level 2
Below are lists of WC3 installation and patch downloads.

Please don't share any cracked or otherwise manipulated files.
This list is only intended for people who already own the game, you still need a CD-key!

• 1.01c
  • 1.04c
  • TFT: 1.20a; 1.20e
  • 1.23a
  • 1.28.0; 1.28.1; 1.28.2; 1.28.3; 1.28.4
  • 1.29.0b
  • 1.30.0; 1.30.0a; 1.30.2; 1.30.3

1.07Patch Info:
- Gold Master Version of The Frozen Throne
1.10Patch Info:
- Numerous new features and upgrades to Reign of Chaos
1.13Patch Info:
- Includes Acts II & III of the TFT Orc Bonus Campaign
1.21bPatch Info:
- No longer requires the CD
1.24bPatch Info:
- Max map size increased from 4MB to 8MB
1.25bPatch Info:
- Widescreen support (stretched)
1.27aPatch Info:
- Improved Windows 7/8.1/10 compatibility
1.27bPatch Info:
- Max file size increased from 8MB to 128MB
1.28Patch Info:
- Data migration: user data (saves etc.) now stored in Documents folder
1.28.3Patch Info:
  • RoC and TFT consolidated into one executable/World Editor
  • Main Menu switch between RoC and TFT
1.29.0Patch Info:
  • Widescreen support (not stretched)
  • 24 player support
1.29.0bPatch Info:
  • Many new natives
  • WE limits raised
  • Last version to support WinXP
1.30.0Patch Info:
  • Switch from MPQ to CASC
  • vJASS support
  • Some new natives
  • Tileset size inceased to 16
1.30.1Patch Info:
- Game can use up to 3GB of memory
1.30.2Patch Info:
- Installation supports Reforged pre-purchase keys
1.31.0Patch Info:
  • 64-bit support
  • Beta Lua support
  • Many new WE features

Game Installers

Game Files

Patch Installers

Patch Files

BETA & DEMO

1.21aHiveMEGA
1.28.5HiveMEGA
1.29.1Hive
Hive Post
MEGA
QNAP
1.29.2.9208 PTRHiveMEGA
1.29.2HiveMEGA
1.30.1HiveMEGA
1.30.4Hive
Hive Post
MEGA
QNAP
1.31.1Hive
Hive Post*
MEGA
MediaFire
Google Drive (split zip): 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

* Check out the Hive post for help and more details
Run the installer from the WC3 installation folder if you have multiple installations.

RoC

TFT

FAQ

Where do I put my Saves/Maps/Campaigns/Screenshots/Replays?

- Up to patch 1.27b, these are located in the installation folder.
- Starting with patch 1.28, these are located in your user Documents folder (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III).

Do I need a CD to launch the game?
- 1.21b is the first patch that drops the CD check. All previous versions require a CD to play.

My singleplayer profile isn't being saved, how do I fix this?
- Download and run SP Profile Fix. It fixes a problem in the registry.

I'm using Windows 98/2000/XP. Can I play WC3?
- See this post. Original system requirements are here.
- XP support is dropped after 1.29.x
Dear Hiveworkshop,

Thank you for taking the time to view my post.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a World Editor (original or custom) that works on Windows 10 for Warcraft version 1.21?
I am sorry for the odd request. I am trying to run the World Editor that installs with 1.21 but it loads for a couple seconds and then disappears.

Thank you for your time
Sonam

Level 17
Dear Hiveworkshop,

Thank you for taking the time to view my post.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a World Editor (original or custom) that works on Windows 10 for Warcraft version 1.21?
I am sorry for the odd request. I am trying to run the World Editor that installs with 1.21 but it loads for a couple seconds and then disappears.

Thank you for your time
Sonam
Have you used 1.32 beforehand? In case you have, use this tool to revert the incompatible changes to the registry, then just try again.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not all versions are bug-free, except 1.26a.
1.26 is vulnerable to sort of computer hacking, though:

Level 2
I tried completing the Founding of Durotar, but discovered that the last 2 chapters are "missing" or "unavailable".
Can anyone help me with this?
Seems more like a readability issue, as in the chapters and maps are there, but I can only read the 1st one.
1649544719196.png

Level 2
Which download did you use?
1.27a RoC / 1.27a TFT
Was I suppose to download and install those patches in the proper order?
Because I only downloaded the SP Profile in order to save the games and patch 1.27 so that the game would actually load on my computer. When I attempted to install an earlier patch, it wouldn't accept, saying that the patch number was already higher than the earlier patch I was trying to install.

Last edited:
Level 28
I tried completing the Founding of Durotar, but discovered that the last 2 chapters are "missing" or "unavailable".
Can anyone help me with this?
Seems more like a readability issue, as in the chapters and maps are there, but I can only read the 1st one.
View attachment 397939
What game/patch version have you tried on? I heard that you encountered a file corruption during the installation.
Also, talking about the "readability" issue, the HDD might be another reason the game is not working.

Level 2
What game/patch version have you tried on? I heard that you encountered a file corruption during the installation.
Also, talking about the "readability" issue, the HDD might be another reason the game is not working.
I wouldn't call it a "file corruption" during installation, since I could work the game, campaign and custom and all.
It's just the last two chapters of the Founding of Durotar that I can't play.

Also, I've 'resolved' the issue by finding another Warcraft III installer, only for 1.31 instead of 1.27. Has the Reforged switching from Reign of Chaos to Frozen Throne tab on the game start up menu. Battle.net disable, and no Reforged version. Just the Classic W3 extracted from the Reforged version.

Level 17
Holy molly, can you run them all simultaneously? :p
Actually, no, you can run only one instance of the game pre-1.30.1 (and even if you ran a 1.28.5 you couldn't run for example a 1.26), but those after 1.30.1 you can run unlimited instances off anyway so I don't mind (And I mean 10 1.31.1 or 10 1.32.latest instances if I want them for my bot tests).
And this is important data to tell you all to test your maps on 1.30.2+ so you don't necessarily need to ping other people to help you test desynchs and stuff.

Last edited:
Level 1
Actually, no, you can run only one instance of the game pre-1.30.1 (and even if you ran a 1.28.5 you couldn't run for example a 1.26), but those after 1.30.1 you can run unlimited instances off anyway so I don't mind (And I mean 10 1.31.1 or 10 1.32.latest instances if I want them for my bot tests).
And this is important data to tell you all to test your maps on 1.30.2+ so you don't necessarily need to ping other people to help you test des

Yes. Source: I have 15.
View attachment 399011
is the 1.34 reforged?