Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

Hello everyone,
I currently have both 1.29 and 1.31.1, but when I open 1.31.1 Frozen Throne there is a small bug. Aside from the disabled "Battle.net" button, there is no Reforged update notification (you know: A small window with the message "An update is available" and the two options to open the Launcher and return to game without update).
Some people have this kind of message every time the game is launched like this one, but I don't have this message upon starting 1.31.1. (NOT PTR).
However, the update notification appears if I accidentally hit "Local Area Network", which brings out the Bonjour installation message.
On 1.29, this notification doesn't appear but the "Battle.net" button doesn't greyed out.
Is this bug normally occurs? I uploaded 2 screenshots to compare the issue (First one is from 1.31.1 and the second is from 1.29).
Thanks.

I would say the 1.31 as a whole is weird. I sometimes don't get the notification for the update, sometimes does. It goes to the point I went 'meh, as long as I can play'.

Level 2
I would say the 1.31 as a whole is weird. I sometimes don't get the notification for the update, sometimes does. It goes to the point I went 'meh, as long as I can play'.
Yep. I don't even get this update notification every time upon starting the game if the version is 1.31.1. Same thing for 1.30.4.
However, I decided to install 1.29 because I played offline custom games for about 1.5 years and also for editing my melee maps.
Also, latest DOTA maps (6.88-7.00) aren't working on 1.31.1. because many peoples encountered crash problem when loading the map, but older maps like DOTA 6.85k or DOTA 6.83d (the latter is the latest official one by Icefrog without modifications) are still working without issues. I think all DOTA maps are only intended for 1.26 due to the memory hack ability.

Level 17
Is this bug normally occurs?
Well, considering that the most likely reason to use 1.31.1 or other legacy version is to avoid updating to Reforged, should we even call it a bug? :)

But to answer your question - I'm using 1.31.1 and I've been seeing the update pop-up. I think the button was active too, but I didn't really pay too much attention to it, so I'm not sure. Testing it now, the button is greyed out and I didn't get the update prompt. I don't know what it's all about, but then - I haven't noticed any other issues with the game, so if that's the only bug you're getting, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

thank you so much
You're welcome <3

---

I think there was one more post, now gone, about the game freezing when exiting/winning a map, which I couldn't reply to at the time and then kinda forgot - tested it on a custom campaign map just now and I haven't experienced any issues.

I think there was one more post, now gone, about the game freezing when exiting/winning a map, which I couldn't reply to at the time and then kinda forgot - tested it on a custom campaign map just now and I haven't experienced any issues.
This is semi-random, and seem to occur with maps that are high in trigger and have lots of leaks. I haven't seen this happening to Melees at the very least.

Level 17
This is semi-random, and seem to occur with maps that are high in trigger and have lots of leaks. I haven't seen this happening to Melees at the very least.
Oh... Sadly, that's not something I could ever hope to come up with a solution to. Hopefully that's more of a mild annoyance rather than something that fundamentally prevents a person from being able to progress through, for instance, a campaign?

Level 2
Well, considering that the most likely reason to use 1.31.1 or other legacy version is to avoid updating to Reforged, should we even call it a bug? :)

But to answer your question - I'm using 1.31.1 and I've been seeing the update pop-up. I think the button was active too, but I didn't really pay too much attention to it, so I'm not sure. Testing it now, the button is greyed out and I didn't get the update prompt. I don't know what it's all about, but then - I haven't noticed any other issues with the game, so if that's the only bug you're getting, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Yeah, it's not a bug but assuming the game version you are using is 1.30.2 or higher (like 1.30.4 or 1.31.1), sometimes you'll get "An update is available" message for Reforged.
The older versions like 1.27b or 1.29 will only update to Reforged if you click on "Battle.net" button (since it was still enabled).
When I click on "Local Area Network", it will ask for Bonjour and when it said the installation was failed it displayed "An update is available". Sounds like a strange bug, but I managed to block "Warcraft III.exe" through Windows Firewall Outbound Rules.

There is a thread already.
Warcraft 3 Black Screen Bug
Well, it's just a kind of memory leaking issue, but just to be clear:
1.If I played the game for a very long time about 15 minutes (or watch replays), then immediately end (either using Quit Mission or Quit Game), the game freezes.
2.If I played the game for a short time (about only a couple of seconds), then immediately end with the same trick, it does work.
3.The bug only occurs on 1.31.1 and when the bug is happened, there is nothing to do with me except logging out or restarting my computer. Even clicking on "X" icon after Alt+Tabbing out of the game or using Task Manager doesn't help this problem.

Level 8
Hello everyone,
I currently have both 1.29 and 1.31.1, but when I open 1.31.1 Frozen Throne there is a small bug. Aside from the disabled "Battle.net" button, there is no Reforged update notification (you know: A small window with the message "An update is available" and the two options to open the Launcher and return to game without update).
Some people have this kind of message every time the game is launched like this one, but I don't have this message upon starting 1.31.1. (NOT PTR).
However, the update notification appears if I accidentally hit "Local Area Network", which brings out the Bonjour installation message.
On 1.29, this notification doesn't appear but the "Battle.net" button doesn't greyed out.
Is this bug normally occurs? I uploaded 2 screenshots to compare the issue (First one is from 1.31.1 and the second is from 1.29).
Thanks.
It's better that that Battle.net is disabled because you won't accidentally update to 1.32 which defeats the purpose of these backup files, and the Bonjour installation message is fully unconnected to the Battle.net - you should install Bonjour because that's just the system 1.30+ uses for Local Area Network games list.

Oh... Sadly, that's not something I could ever hope to come up with a solution to. Hopefully that's more of a mild annoyance rather than something that fundamentally prevents a person from being able to progress through, for instance, a campaign?
Never reached such conditions for me.