1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    A 'clean restart' for the Classic's Team as a whole would probably fix alot of stuff as it would mean Blizzard really cares to choose the most competent people for the project this time

But do I believe it will happen? No, project is too small to be saved and Diablo 4 is already getting that threatment instead

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He is competent. I'm not sure it's his plan and decision to upgrade Glad You Could Reforge It to that web platform.

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think we are just agreeing to disagree about this topic

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, he's been adding new editor stuff since the Classic Team was a baby.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You obviously dislike him - maybe because you were banned from the Hive Discord as you mentioned earlier.
    Either way, I do not see how your personal conflict is anything but that: personal.
    Deal with your conflicts in private messages, do not try to make it a public witch hunt.

6. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't see a point about arguing, you will say he has been adding stuff and I'll say been breaking stuff since 1.29 onwards on a higher than adding level again there is no need to argue.

Those are responses made for several people that were giving critics to certain parts of the project on a public discord channel of this website, the users here on the from surely has got the right to see those too if they have missed it.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was referring to WEX. I don't know what happened in Blizz quarters. He's not alone there.

8. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's one person voicing his opinion in a public chat. Quit being so dramatic, seriously. If anything you're just proving his point.

Also, the thought that 'negative reactions' will prevent future content from being released is ludicrous. If Blizzard think they can make a profit or benefit in some other way from releasing DLCs or whatever, they will.

Also also, no one here has any insight into the internal workings behind WC3/Reforged, but I'm pretty sure the classic team working on the actual game are the reason for everything good we've gained over the past few years. I'm confident that most if not all the major problems with Reforged are caused by short sighted and out of touch CEOs and such.

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    even fallout76 is still supported, guys

10. Swatosj

Swatosj

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could not find any information about Custom Campaigns or new Art tools for the editor in what I've read from Blizzard since Reforged.

Is there some information about what is coming and custom campaigns?

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Custom campaigns aren't in Reforged, art tools haven't been released. There was no word on either of them thus far, so we don't even know IF they are coming, let alone when. As for other stuff, we know that tournaments are not coming back, but they've said that things like profiles or ladders should return, albeit we have no idea when.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  12. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I have weird idea that developers were upset in 2018 when they read some comments like "community doesn't want reforged to include changes and retcons from wow" and decided to break the game and release shitty raw version.
    But I must be wrong. They just had poor planning, poor management and cut the expenses on reforged. I can't believe they screwed up the game on purpose

13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds reasonable - I'm sure the executives were perfectly fine with the devs sabotaging the game and losing the company money just to get back at the community :p

14. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Maybe devs wanted to harm blizzard because it ruined the cozy and inspirational environment for them?)
    Looks like crazy conspiracy shit)

15. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, just... stop :D Most likely scenario is that their funding run out - either their initial plans were far too ambitious and the higher ups refused to give them extra time and money to make them happen or their resources were cut due to underwhelming preorders or a change in corporate vision.

16. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh man. That is not good. What is his position in Blizzard?

Oh.... Do you think that he can be in trouble for that?
    If that is public chat, he was digging his own grave. If not YourArthas, someone else would do it. I am not at Discord so I am harmless there haha.

Unfortunately Blizzard sealed ,,future" of Wc3 by their own actions recently.
    Seems that we are alone on our own here.

17. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have no faith that Reforged as a whole can be restored after such collateral damage. Minimize, yes, but it's already too late.

Eh whatever, I'll stick to 1.31 and below till shits sort itself out. Still have Eurobattle, ENT, and Unforged at the very least. If they destroy those too, I'll be more than happy to leave this game.

Expect at least a year for the art tools, judging from SC2 Remaster reports. As for Custom Campaigns, we have no confirmation and until said otherwise, it's good to say at the moment it's gone for 1.32.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's always a way back.

19. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I might be panicking here, but I'm just gonna say it.

I think it's totally possible that 1.32.1.something was the final patch and the final version, and that Blizzard is now going to try to forget that the game ever happened.

Why am I thinking this?

It's been almost two weeks since the last patch, and there hasn't been a single word since (the shock!!!).
    And it has been three weeks since this broken and unfinished game released and it should've been patched heavily at this time. By now there should've been like 6 or 7 patches, and then Blizzard gets to forget that the game exists. What I mean to say is that it's that time (3 weeks after release) when games like Reforged get abandoned by the publisher.

Also considering that Reforged is now obviously a failure in pretty much every way, and that so many people claim they have refunded, it's totally possible at this point that Reforged lost money rather than earned it, so it also makes no sense for Blizzard to support it anymore. :(

Hope I'm wrong here.

20. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know not everyone and not every map is affected but IMO if they haven't fixed the desync problem that started in 1.29, I don't think they will ever fix it... On release they even broke and got rid of more parts of the game while not adding anything and fixing nothing (for the players that didn't get reforged), I'm not familiar about what got broken and what got fixed from 1.3x+ versions until release, maybe I'm wrong and the desync issue is the only thing left to be fixed but I doubt it
    After quick search on the general, technical support and bug report forums, the desync problem is not even acknowledged (and it's been there since 1.29)