Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I take it you finally refunded then? :)

2. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol. Hi, guys!

Glad I clocked out in 2017.

How goes it, angry people?

[​IMG]

3. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I have been very faithful and patient up until gsme-breaking experiences with this shit release and the lack of proper response to the plague of technical issues post-launch.

tl;dr:

Screenshot_20200206-024524_Firefox~2.jpg

4. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    YES BRIBE! Do it! Show us in big image how justified anger of veteran look like.

LOOK WHO IS HERE! You miss party man.

Oh, that is common to Blizzard. They lacked at conversation with us for while year since that damned Blizzcon

No. I am still their customer. As one I can complain and blast. And get banned from their forums ...

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I refunded and yet I still consider myself to be their customer - one that was so disappointed with their product that he chose to get his money back. Besides, you're free to complain even if you don't have Reforged and, as you said previously, all they care about is money, so... yeah.

Anyway, I find your decision to not refund... kinda strange. I mean, you're first to call out folks for defending Reforged or hoping that it gets better and rally people to "keep fighting evil corporations", while at the same time you allow Blizzard to keep your purchase despite the fact that the game isn't even working for you.

I don't know, man - to me it doesn't make much sense...

... especially after reading this.

6. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is that even possible?

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    please, your 4k phone display is way too much for our devices

8. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Because I got it s gift.
    2. Its not about me just, it is about other being deceived. Its not my ass in question only. I complain about global stuff, not personnel just.
    3. I still like it in meaning of models and what I expected (everything same but with new models), but I do not like what is being promised and uct off, false advertising, lack of proper communications, banning and not refunding people once they got disappointed by game, buggy game (black screens, disconects, random crashes and errors). So overall, game is crap, what is being presented and what is being made as final release. And bad representations and such, when you connect all of these you get disaster.
    Thus I am fighting evil corporation because they ruined game, they are greedy and they fooled people.

9. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can't wait to see them getting infected by the haosis virus which hopefully brings them back on the right path :cgrin:

10. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lers do this:
    Rheiko, :cgrin:

Unfortunately, haosis virus cannot change greed and soul of thief! It is in their core, in blood for decade! I think that soul must be purged from inside haha

11. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you're fooling yourself still

13. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even as someone who is relatively satisfied, and has been fortunate enough to avoid (most) technical problems, I am still extremely disappointed at Blizzard. Just because I don't have many problems doesn't mean others don't and I care what others think because if people hate this game then no one is going to play my Reforged campaigns or use my models so I don't really have a reason to work on either. The EULA doesn't help either but didn't SC2 have a similar EULA?

14. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My exact feelings.

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    And how's SCII modding going? Last time I checked it died in 2016. To clarify, it was never in the level wcIII moding is.

16. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    An open letter to Blizzard
    We've been following the development of Warcraft III: Reforged for the past two years and a half, and wanted to thank you for your consideration to update a beloved game by the community ever since the original Warcraft III release. First off, we want to apologize that you didn't get the support you wanted post-release, and we as a community would like to give our feedback on how you can redeem this great game.

There's been a few angry comments during launch day where veterans from our community jumped right into hostility after their original game was transformed, but we were able to resolve those later in the day, where community admins took measures. Seperate from that, we haven't seen official feedback about different aspects of Reforged that we wanted them to take some time to address.

Before we go on: the players are excited that Warcraft III: Reforged is finally upon us and we're ready to fully commit to supporting the game for a long time to come. The next few patches that you're planning to discuss better hold close to our criticism and feedback, after all, we've been playing the game for almost two decades, we are the ultimate beta testers. This game is an integral part of our DNA, since we grew up around it, and it changed our life. And we're looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged as we did for so long on Warcraft III for the long term.

One of the many concerns that we've seen is the missing features, such as Custom Campaigns, the ability to switch to proper old/classic mode, including the possibility of Reign of Chaos, since many a player still loved the original concept better than the expansion. We've identified the issue being an overlook by the developer team, while it was a crucial key on what made this game so enjoyable in the first place. We hope that the release later this week addresses this issue. We hope also that the patch fixes the broken menus also fix various bugs that were there even during the Beta and the latest patches which effectively broke the game, but we as gamers didn't complain at the time with high hopes everything would be resolved with the release of Reforged. Please keep an eye out for our concerns and feedback.

Another area of concern is regarding the mandatory online focus, even for modding alone. There are many modders who like to use their time during offline travel, to work on code and map design, this makes it ultimately impossible. The other integral part is the effective separation of Reforged and the original game, since not everyone will be looking at purchasing Reforged in its current state, and we feel it's unfair for players who had previously purchased Warcraft III to suddenly lose their game without a warning or a reasonable excuse. We'll be waiting for communication of any kind of future plans-please be sure to express what the team is working on, on fear that it may bring about the further downfall of this game.

There are some major concerns we've seen that you're not currently planning to address and we wanted to give you a heads-up. As of Reforged release, we saw a huge amount of complaints and refunds, so we'd like our community to join together instead of being crushed in such a cruel manner. We'd like that Reforged earn it's proper title of Remastered, and the players who already owned the game be offered an at least 25% discount to repurchase their favourite game, all inclusive. On top of that, the old game must be restored to its former glory and preferably to a patch that didn't break its fundamental gameplay. It would also be a good idea to restore the original Battlenet, which we hope will satisfy the players every concern.

Related to that, as you failed to communicate your ideas on the in-game cutscenes, we'd like for them to be implemented into the game, be it in a future realistic time window, or in a future patch. You steered too far from your original goal whilst advertising a complete false experience even on launch day and a week after.
    You have utterly failed to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit with reduction to stability of gameplay).

We know latest update didn't address any questions, but we're committed to the development and support of this game. After all, if anything, Blizzard has the most passionate community, and it's time they teach this company a hard lesson of truth. Until then, thank you as always for your high quality production of games in the past decades, we hope your precision returns, so that you can earn our respect back.

Sincerely,

Just one passionate Warcraft III player

17. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How so?

18. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't the Galaxy Editor basically a pile of sh!t?

19. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can test it without internet. And the best part, its somehow faster.
    Maybe because even the servers know they are running a piece of shit game.

But of course, our favorite Bobby boy loves your money.

[​IMG]

I'm with you man, I merely stand on a hill watching this cesspool.
    And only occasionally throwing rocks at Blizztard.
    LONG LIVE 1.26 VERSION

I also won't refund. I want to see where and how this dumpster fire ends.

Lol

You had me at false advertising.

And that's why SC2 is also a dying piece of shit. The only saving grace are the modders
    still stuck to that sinking ship and the players who enjoy the custom games. Ladder play is dead?

My thoughts exactly

Love it. Send it to Bobby, attached to a brick, through his window

Kudos to everyone who learned how to mod with that editor, I've seen some amazing work there.
    But yeah... I also think the editor is just encrusted goat vomit.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On your money though.
    Also, masochistic.