1. Vote on the best bounty the oceans have to offer! The poll for the 34th Modeling Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I do not know. I do not expect nothing from these clowns!

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "No."

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:

What they mean is: I'm sorry you feel that way (but it's your fault). Let me tell you (force you) how to feel better.

Both of those statements are used in abusive relationships, where one partner is the narcissist and the other the submissive masochist. You can guess which one Blizzard is, but tell me if you want to continue on this relationship, or man up, and face it that this isn't true love, and maybe has never been.

It's ridiculous that this is the 'official' statement. It feels like it's written by an intern who only read (forced to read) 2 books in their entire life.

With this reply, Blizzard sealed their fate in my eyes. G G

5. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hence my comment I am kind of done with it. I Mean other than them coming crawling back to me offering the game for 75% off and all the features I originally wanted sure. Or asking me to join their dev team and leading their efforts.

The fact is this game was made very lazily

I did some research into the models and i found out.... they have copied and pasted unit animations for the same attacks, which makes all the units look extremely boring. Combat is now not as visceral because the combat is just the same 2 animations over and over again, (base warcraft 3 had 3 animations each, for that third animation they copied and pasted 1st attack to the third)

Yeah that speaks volumes to me.

6. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think that I heard they said that they had to do it to prevent desynchronization, and to be compatible with classics. That is why every unit must have same attack rate, frames, and such.
    But I told what I heard, not that this was necessarily. You are game designer, you probably know better.

7. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    So which version of warcraft 3 "old" should we be sticking to? My main client got upgraded to classic and the lan copy backup I have is 1.27, I'm guessing it will be one of the 1.29, 1.30, 1.31 or 1.32 right?

8. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You asked nice question. I got copy of 1.21, then upgraded it too 1.23 or 24, and lately to 1.26. I will stick it for now. But let others tell you better option

9. EloTheMan

EloTheMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully one of the latest ones since they have widescreen support and 24 player maps.

I haven't touched the editor (or the game in general) in years, so I'm hoping hive will declare which version to invest your time and hard drive space to. :smile:

10. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh I stick to older version because they moved to CASC files and some new systems. I was perfectly fine with older versions as I were doing single player only. in Hive here is widescreen fix tool so I did not have problem with that. But yes, there were 24 players in newer version, I think it is after 1.28 but cannot remember correctly.

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    They said that they are going to release the patch towards the end of this week.

12. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    most of the modern popular campaigns need 1.29 - 1.30 i honestly had minimal issues with 1.31.1 and i think thats what malfurions quest is using and still in development along with OutsiderXEs projects soooo that one

yeah im HOPING this getts rid of the ugly shadows and colors the bugged classic with / fixes the BROKEN hero inventories, and for the love of god adds custom campaign and single player offline map functionality.

THEN WE CAN START talking about reforge being a reliable platform moving forward. I mean

This should of been the FIRST thing implemented when they started developing the new client seriously.

13. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I am not sure in that regard if they said it is to prevent that then why use the same animations? You could make far better animations, right now the entirety of the animations are really goofy for these ultra-realistic models. Like the weight and secondary actions for the Mountain King just feel off there is no weight behind each of the actions of the movement. If you study just a brief amount of animation you know that the model animation is capped, so the rest of the game is at 60 fps but the models are capped at 24 fps. Which causes this clunky look.

Not having three animations is kind of boring and if they weren't able to work out a solution tells me they were pressed for time.
    Attack Rate and frames are a bit dumb they could've increased the frame rate for the models and it wouldn't of made either worse and would've increased combat speed. Which honestly this game needs, an average game of wc3 is nearly twice the length of a starcraft match. The fact they capped models at 24 fps makes them all feel clunky and we can see in certain cinematics how everything feels kind of dull?

Not to mention they made certain cinematics worse than the original? This is seen Jaboyrinos playthrough when he is at dagger cap bay, there are just two random explosions that happen next to Arthas and he turns and then sound says "WHO IS THAT?" except the audio is muffled. Fucking hell the audio in this game is such crap the riflemen don't make their firing noise and just make a random explosion noise. When in the original cinematic its riflemen shooting at peasants and they all sound correct. Where the camera intentionally HIDES the riflemen from view in the original, now they are shown completely off ruining the entirety of the surprise! So fuck me I guess? Someone couldn't be bothered to learn basic film making techniques like tension and using your camera to intentionally hide things?

Then we have other animation states that just feels off. There is so much fucking wrong.

But not having additional animation states and copy-pasting the same animation to what should be new... Speaks to me they didn't have enough time to make an additional one. Which sucks cause seeing a repeating animation is just lazy.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed, but I don't think it was due to someone being incompetent. Quite the contrary, actually. I think the statement looks the way it looks is because it was run through the legal department that made sure that it doesn't say anything that could be interpreted as Blizzard taking responsibility for anything.

15. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    PM for more.

I brought a grinding stone to sharpen all of yah pitchforks!
    Well, I hope nobody calls out shills or fanboys then, cuz if anyone is gonna protect
    Blizzard, it better be about something OTHER than reforged.

Hey bud, you look a little down. Why don't I sharpen that pitchfork for you while you
    drink down this barrel of ale?

Also stop reading threads if they piss you off.

Sad part is, Bobby boy won't go down with his millions and millions in CEO bonuses.
    He won't go down. Blizztard might, and that might suck for everyone.

Reforged is worse. Way worse.

Well yesterday my issue was Bobby Kotick. Today, my issue is Bobby Kotick.
    That's technically a new issue.

The whole "its just a game" is tiresome indeed.
    Tell me, do you pay your electricity bills so that your power is turned off?
    By the same logic, do you buy games that you know are crap now and might not be in the future?

I'd hope not on both accounts.

Reforged has to work really really hard, attend sunday school, go to church, get spanked when naughty
    for a solid period of time now BEFORE it can even be compared to Fallout 76. Even failthesda has standards.

This! ^

Can you believe Day 1: Garry's Incident (the one that copyright striked Total Biscuit god bless his soul)
    is now BETTER than reforged?

GARRY ' S FUCKING INCIDENT IS BETTER THAN REFORGED!

Who cares, we're having a witch hunt.
    Besides, why are you waiting? Warcraft is dead.
    Get your usb drive, install the really old version you got, play it with friends, LAN!

Its okay. Its why we are here. Blizzard let us all down.
    Its time we all let Blizzard down for once.

1.26 is my personal favorite and the best stable version that I've been playing for a decade and half.

My man.

16. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, we are getting secret meeting? I like spooky things, count me in :cgrin:

Is he some of Blizzard's main people? I heard that name quite times recently.

Finally! I am for it. Whenever it is taking down of evil corporations, I am for it!

Yeah! There are many of us fighting those greedy people. Somebody must stop them once and show them that thievery, abusing and deceiving is not worth anymore.

17. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some random dude being the source of the mess. To be specific, CEO of Activision Blizzard

18. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OH! CHIEF OF THIS ALL! Main reason of why is this all happening. First sign of Blizzard's falling apart. Hand of stealing and destruction! In one word: Lucifer of corporations... Ladies and gentleman it is him. :cgrin:
    You just need to look at that face and all is clear. You can see dollars in his eyes shining!

19. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    BREAKING NEWS: NEW BLIZZARD GAMES--dont miss it

20. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I do not understand... What are those maps he was talking about?