Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lemonsky Studio doesn't need to apologise for anything! They are imo the only thing in Reforged that's done right!
    They were probably contracted by Blizzard way back in 2018 to do these models, which they did.
    It's Blizzard that needsto apologize. This game being a disaster is 100% their fault!
    The models are so high polly, because the game was planed to look completely different.
    These models were created for both the scrapped movie like cutscenes and well, a 2020 game.
    The game was originally planed to have a much more high poly environment, just look at tjhe environment from 2018 gameplay trailer! Million times higher poly grounds and cliffs, a million times better lighting, realistic weather conditions(wind and rain), realistic night day cycle, moving grass and trees and other vegetation(all having far more polygons), far more realistic dooads and critters, ray tracing, water reflections etc....

For this to happen a vast engine upgrade was required, as well as budget and people working on it. They probably planed to start from HotS's or WoW's engine and then do adjustments for Warcraft 3. But again bringing a new engine to a game is seriouse work that requires both people and budget.

And obviousely a few months after the developement started (let's say circa March 2019), Blizzard basically decided to abandon the game, canceling the budget and moving the stuff to other projects (Overwatch and Diablo most likely) and the devs released what they had. (not saying that I only blame the suits, I blame the devs as well, little details like footmen using High Elf skins in Blood Elf TfT campaign, when Blood Elf skin is there shows me just how much they cared about the game)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah. Hold the ultimate card, Every Argument is gotta end regardless. It can’t even last for one single week either. Also, these two men will chill out no matter what. Either one side will get bored

3. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I strongly disagree - site rules:

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Venombite I read in the reddit thread (if it's still there) they had 1 hour per icon, and the default time is at least 2 hours per icon (according to a random game dev in that thread).
    So yeah, they did meet unrealistic expectations, I agree. I just also agree that the chosen art style, and prioirty, wasn't the best. They could've and should've done a better job of optimizing it so then later there'd be no fps problems when using too much units.

Again, they're awesome, I believe good direction and leadership was amiss.

@MasterBlaster cmon man, cut us some slack. As much as this terrible argument has been going on, it reminds us of old days of activity around THW.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm skipping over the interpretable defamatory part because itself is abusive.
    Hateful and threatening, well, more like insulting.
    So, we're left with the offensive stuff which should be mended indeed via a post cleaning.

6. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reforged could be entirely moved there, I agree.

Then you need the bandwagon to win :D

Hopefully not ZT.

8. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive followed them each time, untill some one pokled the bear (again)

i was thinking more of a doomguard poking a panda (not wc3 panda, actual panda) and the panda throwing an apple from an apple sack it carries (in a comic or sketch)

any one wanna make a reforged scene with pitlord and primal panda, but make them more even so the fight lasts much much longer? (oh evil thought make a contest out of it, best action scene wins)

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    HAHA. Nice one. :ogre_datass:

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, you didn't get a Code of Conduct ban like Haosis on B.net.

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    And that is all I'm asking for, so I guess we have an agreement here.

But, I'm not going to interfere futher. If Ralle comes in and says what's happening here is okay, I'll shut up and just ignore it :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  12. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    bad! BAD STAFF!
    dont incite things

13. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's probably the case but wouldn't engine upgrades ruin classic even more? They already made changes to the engine and classic doesn't look like it originally did. I don't remember where I read this but I read that the 30 FPS animation limit is because of cross-compatibility with classic.

And yes, the new models are definitely the best thing to come out of this, even if more than a few look a bit strange. At this point, the best I can hope for is that Blizzard use these in WOW, so they won't go to waste.

14. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    deeepo isn’t a dawg. Give him a break.. please

15. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AH PRIMAL PANDA! How could I forget... That was Largest Panda Ever level 11. There is neutral Panda in Icecrown Glacier also.

16. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way, welcome to the real THW, where brutal honesty and confrontation is valued more than laws of misconduct.

17. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i was thinking of the reforged primal panda i think they are the smaller nuetral ones, otherwise that massive thing got a HUGE downgrade

18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    They Deforged the infamous PANDA?... Ok, this has gone too far. Please tell me it isn't true.

19. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Downgrade? He was spell immune and dropped necklace of spell immunity. What happened to it in Reforged?

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Same ability, same drop according to the editor.

upload_2020-2-2_18-5-17.png

Look smaller though.