Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I for one love reforged. Finally the game will die and I can move on to greener pastures. Nice knowing yall

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Atleast LemonSky agreed that they have failed at art.

'Just wanted to really thank you guys for hanging out, your words really do help the team a lot, we'll be sure to share it with them. If you look around online, you might see that around 160 - 200 people worked on this, on and off. Many people have put their time and effort into this project over the years.

Your criticisms too are very valued. Maybe one day when we work on our own thing, we'll be wise to dodge what happened this time. You guys are very passionate and we love that. We appreciate your honesty too.

Saying that, this is not goodbye forever, you can still message us directly, We'll see you on the other side of another game some time soon. See you around! '

3. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I am little off-topic a bit but can i allow have my own story with Reforged instead ?

Oh dear, do I felt lucky that i used to live in a community with bunch of people with pirated Warcraft 3 OG.

We (in this case, me, spend life half childhood in Garena) played only one single patch that stay very long, the 1.24e one.

When I first heard of Reforged, I would be it is can be better in some level of Starcraft: Remasted. But on the other hand, I wasn't really exciting.

See, I love the terrain stuff and removal of 60 fps cap. But I fear it wouldn't allow to crossplay is huge bummer.

I understand that some of element has altered in Reforged but i wouldn't understand what is the point for making a remaster for Warcraft 3.

My first thought to these stuff is that if people start playing Reforged, Will all the custom map that any users took like months to do is wasted? Consider that some custom stuff won't be able to transfer but if that person don't have any custom in it still work.

[This one i don't have an answer, again, time will answer it eventually]

My second thought is that with Reforged claim such of deserved scores. Will you even think of redeem it somewhere. At first, i saw some gameplay and it wasn't too bad to be honest. But that still end up with massive hate bandwagon. Nothing stoppin it right now.

And my final thought, probably the take off point when i am being a Hive User and relate to all of us:
    The Policy of custom map.
    Probably the only stuff I absolutely triggered.

Why are you owning these BLIZZARD! Sure, you and your people making these model but we don't even allow creativity and right to own the map ?
    Whoever decide it should have been tossed outside the building by now.

I can't hate the game tbh, I hate their decision. They deserved what criticism they received and if I have ever a nice wish to them, I wish for new content in OG Warcraft 3. You done it with TFT, give us another DLC and we would gladly paid. Oh heck, i would pay double the money in TFT for new one.

Ok rant over, I don't wanna hate Reforged. But Hate bandwagon just too big to jump off.

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz yea poor Lemonsky. Where is the magic they showed us by remastering Starcraft?
    Another one:

5. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well said. I agree.

Fanboys need blizzard to be their daddy. They don't get that Bobby Kotick is their daddy now.

We learned drakpanda. We learned that blizzard is just like EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda.
    Willing and able to exploit nostalgia with pre-order culture and crunch methodology of work.
    All while Bobby Kotick lines his pockets and fires 800 workers in record revenue years.

This. We also learned this.

When did they actually follow advice?

Good. You should mail that diary to Blizzard afterwards.
    At the very least, you'll blow off some steam.

Because Blizzard forgot to disable their overwrite and ruin entire franchise checkbox for Reforged.

Peeps stop dog pilling on drakpanda. Even blizzard shills have feelings.
    We should instead hate Bobby Kotick. The fat papa smurf of bad decisions.

I too am fighting myself now. I want to re-release my maps in the new editor
    but sadly, I don't want my maps to even have a chance to make Bobby Kotick more money.

6. Dark-Zalor

Dark-Zalor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you all for your help.
    I have the impression that Warcarft 3 TFT and Roc was a nut, with a rough shell not really beautiful. But
    it was full of content and creativity that could fill a coconut.
    Now reforged is a quite beautiful nut with golden eye candy paint on it and polished.
    But it is half filled...

I feel sad for that game that entertain my childhood, and have as present plastic surgy,
    for the price of his personality and heart, and become fade. That elements was the reason why this game has a so big and durable community.

I'm not a nostalgic guy that said "in the past it was better", I think before intentions
    was just better...
    I think Blizzard have to change... :goblin_cry:

7. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:

I'm on the floor

8. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    This was actually really, really good :D

9. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Alexen Next one:
    Uther seeing Arthas as a deathknight.
    Uther: "Your Fans and Custom Mapmakers ruled this land for seventeen years, and you've ground it to dust in a matter of days."
    Arthas: "Very dramatic Uther. Give me the Custom Maps and I'll make sure you die quickly."
    Uther: "The Maps hold the effort of your Fans Arthas. What, were you hoping to piss on them one last time before you left this IP to rot?"
    Arthas: " Chuckling I did not know what it held. Nor does it matter. I'll take what I came for one way or another."
    Bonus: Muradin and Arthas.
    Muradin: "You lied to your FANS and betrayed the Developers who fought for you. What's happening to you, Blizzard? Is Money all that's important to you?"

10. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    LMFAO

11. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    When do you people think we'll be seeing the next patch?

As I said earlier, I think there should have already been at least one, if not two patches. They can't be thinking to put the next patch in three months? Or could they?

12. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It depends on how large they want the next patch to be so it is very well possible that it will
    take a while for a patch to come.
    At least I would want to try to a) fix the bugs, b) improve the performance and c) add missing
    features (like custom campaigns) all at the same time if I was in their current position.

I also think they want to wait for all the hate to cool off a bit. So a longer waiting time until
    the first patch might be possible.

13. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I WAS JUST GONNA LINK IT MYSELF :D
    Well played sir, well played.

14. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha, that is bloody brilliant.

15. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    HILARIOUS

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think you should be equalizing the art direction with the workers. They did how they were told to. Is there any proof that ActiBlizz gave them much liberty on this? I doubt it.
    The girl icon might be an Easter Egg which by the way, was most probably accepted by ActiBlizz. It's the way they made a mark that Samwise Didier didn't work on this anymore.

Arthas+Ner'zhul's reaction on Reforged's release

17. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. I do not know what they made all and were involved into game, I just know about models. Talking about models, according to me, they did awesome job! They did not deserve this. it is Blizzard who is to blame. AGAIN!

But I do not understand. If they want Blizzard that much, if they like i WHY THE HELL ARE THEY STAYING HERE IN HIVEWORKSHOP? They have Blizzard forums. I do not want Blizzard, I want Hive. I am here at Hive. Why are they staying here at all? next time we should sent them away once they became disrespectful to this community. Blizzard bans us, yet we were very tolerate towards their fanatics.

[​IMG]
    HAHAHAHA!

18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are the artists, and they admited their mistakes and humbly accept any criticism. For this I hold them in very high regard. I'm actually considering donating 30$ to them, for the effort to bring our dream game to life. In that way these money that I have set aside for so long won't be money bad spent.

On a side note, imagine this, just a week ago Warcraft III was flourishing and players above all else were looking forward to a new experience, and just 5 days later, Warcraft III is the greatest meme in the gaming industry.

I love the memes and videos, this sarcasm is the only thing that is keeping me laughing on this matter.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd hire them any time if I had the means to in order to create a really good looking game.
    As long as memes aren't illegal :D

20. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well you'lld better not hire them when a really better and fairly priced studio called DragonFly exists(studio that made Sc2 Warcraft III HD assets, hots skins, overwatch skins, sc2 skins and so on to name a few and are actually specialized in stylised art that Blizzard is famous of, not the realistic art like LemonSky).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020