1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Want to talk about EULA? I'm sure that's one big talk with confusion in the thin lines.

It's just Daffa now. Can the formalities :p

Still bachelor, 4th year.

I think an unofficial mark was there, but that's it. All we can do is wait, hope, and believe

2. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We survived for this long! Remember back in old days, many tried to bury us, but we still outlived them.
    I remember some of elitists back then from Wc3C creating shit here pretending to be ,,superior" ,,more elite" ,,smarter, better" than us. And here were few attempts too in past from various to ,,mass convert". Look where they are now and where we stand. We still exist. Better and better.
    But those Blizzard fanatics are just one of best. Giving us ultimatum ,,Go with us or not but we are moving" and we are like ,,go move, we do not care"

3. Quantum_Menace

Quantum_Menace

Resources:
    Resources:
    This, to me, is the most unforgivable part. Does the new EULA say it's a "subscription" and retroactively strip ownership of the copy of the game that I bought at full price back in the day (what was it, $100-110 total?)

I hated Blizzard for forcing this scummy DRM on us with Starcraft II, I clearly remember an account from a serviceman who installed a copy of Starcraft II to play it offline, only to be locked out when it demanded an internet connection again.

Now, they defile the game I've loved for over 17 years with this garbage?

If Blizzard had just vanished off the face of the earth after releasing an offline installer for a final, stable patch, that would have let it go with dignity, and we could keep it alive through emulated servers the likes of which already exist. But this means the newer versions are held hostage in perpetuity. If Blizzard dies, and the DRM is neither cracked or removed, the newer versions of the game are dead and any maps using newer features will be unplayable on legacy versions. Heck, there are already many new features that are only playable on patches with major issues like 1.31.

I didn't care about Reforged. I was hopeful for the new scripting options. I was naive that they wouldn't pull something like this. "SoFtWaRe As A sErViCe"

If I understand correctly, running Reforged deletes all your profile data and saved games. If that's correct, won't it ruin your attempts to play custom campaigns even if it's in a separate install, so long as your older install uses the Documents folder for saved games?

Some of the posts on the battle.net forums are heartbreaking, this patch deletes your friends list and he was afraid he wouldn't be able to find them again. I can still contact my friends, but I'm still afraid for the future of this game.

I've been playing Warcraft III custom games with my friends from Campaign Creations for the past 14 years. Some of them lost interest in Warcraft III over time, but we regularly get 5-6 people. But I can't bring myself to install this, at least not now.

This was never part of the deal. Remove the online DRM, make the Reforged client separate or scrap it altogether.

Give me back the game I paid for.

On silence from Blizzard reps: this is such a debacle that they have to wait for the higher-ups to make a decision. Saying anything that might contradict them is strictly not allowed.

Edit: Also beware the "door in the face" negotiation method, where the first offer is so utterly terrible that any further offers seem reasonable by comparison. They will probably offer to "fix issues" while leaving most of the problems in place. Sadly, companies are like Gollum for DRM and I don't see them easily giving that up.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  4. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But whole name sounds more badass :cgrin:
    And can be spelt three lines plus smiley as forth!

Oh @Power107 @knight26 let me tell you how their ,,community" works:
    Me: Hello. I have issues with game. This.....
    GameMaster: Hello. Unfortunately we do not know this. Please check out our forums for more help. I hope you will have nice day
    Me: ,,Okay. What about this.....?"
    GameMaster: ,,Good day. GameMaster here. Unfortunately we do not have informations about this. Here are our forums, please check it there. Have a nice day.
    Me: ,,Hey, I have another question. What about this?"
    GameMaster: ,,This already exhausted GameMasters. We are unable to help you this time. Our forums are place for such questions. have a nice day. Ticket marked as Resolved."

So, I am forced to go to forums. I got there and after some time I get banned. For breaking code of conduct. of course after I write that game is not working well, after criticized black screens, disconnects and all of that. They find reason and use it to silence you. FOR FORUMS WHERE I WAS FORCED TO GO THANKS TO INCAPABLE GAME MASTERS. I was fooled to go there and write. I did not want to. I am customer, I had issue and wanted to get informations from technical support. But I got Game Masters CONSTANTLY sending me to forums.
    And guess what! It is place where is their COMMUNITY! And how many people are artificially dragged and fooled to be into their forums? They artificially increase numbers to look like their community is big.

5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard/LemonSky has a very weird/skewed up priorities of unique campaign models

we have Searinox
    we have Tharifas
    we have Blood Wizard
    we have Gar'thok
    we have Vol'jin
    we have Nazgrel
    we have Gazlowe
    we have Moss Covered Granite Golem
    we have Defender Golem
    we have Protector Golem
    we have Gnoll Warlord
    we have Snarlmane

BUT

no model for Sen'jin (generic Witch Doctor)
    no model for Zar'jira (generic Sea Witch)
    no model for Benedict (generic Enforcer)
    no model for Menag (generic Rogue Wizard)
    no model for Mephistroth (shares model with Dalvengyr)
    no model for Anetheron (shares model with Detehroc)

no model for High/Blood Elf Ballistae (generic Night Elf Glaive Thrower)
    no model for High Elf zeppelin (generic Goblin Zeppelin)
    no model for High/Blood Elf Castle/Blacksmith/Shipyard
    no model for Council Mage (shares model with Hydromancer)
    no model for Landazar/Fordered Aran/Conjuros Rex (generic Archmage)
    • [I feel like Fordred Aran should be renamed to Drenden as well]
    no model for Neeloc Greedyfingers (generic Goblin Sapper)
    no model for Anduin Lothar (generic Captain)
    no model for Khadgar (generic Apprentice Wizard)

the ones in bold are more deserving of their own unique models than the non-named units abovemost

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why is Anetheron fat again?

7. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ just more proof that this game is indeed, unfinished.

8. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I am still livid over the fact that they scrapped the reforged cutscenes, despite still advertising for them on their website. That's false advertisement. I have already gotten my refund confirmed thankfully.

This is all kind of embarrassing, Blizzard.

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just glad most of THW legendary users are on our side.

10. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is such a mess, that I regained a bit of hope.
    I mean it is not good for PR to have worst rated game in history... and they care only for money right? So they MUST do some dmg control and fix it right? Even EULA can be changed...
    If not they will be dragged for this for at least decade...

11. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do not DrakPanda hear you! He will ask you to show him proof where Blizzard broke laws. False advertisement is not one of crimes for Blizzard fanatics

12. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that's the only reason we're keeping it up with our dissatisfaction.
    We were patient for a remake for so long, we're not willing to make peace with this piece of shit. So we fight, for a better remake, or until it's exactly how it should be for players, and not for Blizzcunt.

13. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    FIGHT BLASTED CORPORATION AND DO NOT STOP! They are counting for it. They hop us to stop and they will keep doing what they do pretending this never happened.

OH PEOPLE, ARCANE LEFT REFORGED TOO!

Guy whose been with us for months. He provided informations about models, maps and such on youtube.
    But as vast majority he is not satisfied with Reforged.

14. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i completely agree with you

(except i removed the link to what ever in the name of hell that was)

15. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @knight26 No, it's not Blizzcunt cuz that is wrong. Its Blizztard. Blizztard for retards like [you know which guys defend them to death]
    @MasterHaosis Their PR is terrible. They were silent for one year. Radio silent. This makes me think its so low budget that they can't even access the internet as they are using Bobby Kottick's basement.

16. Meilstoer

Meilstoer

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, meta critics now 0.5 score users!

Edit Update: Apparently I woke up at 6 am thankfully my timezone is GMT+08:00 Philippine Standard Time and so I check up Youtube comment on first.

Edit Update II: Nevermind, some people already post it, because I had never checked at a previous post since I woke up. Can't feel Warcraft III: Reforged get 0.4 user score. (Activision) Blizzard needs redemption over what they're done to a greedy businessman (Bobby Kotick), support untouchable government (Chinese), the game is unfinishable making worst EULA got policies changed then scumming over players like milk. Their company are nothing 'history repeats itself' like 'other corporate company greed' this is my worst start of decades in the 2020s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  17. Giantr

Giantr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Needless to say this is the most disappointed I've ever been by a gaming company. And it stings even more that Blizzard is the one that did this travesty, to the best game ever made. It's currently, objectively, worse than the original release.

It's hard to comprehend how can any one entity fuck up so badly. That a game that would be GOTY contender every year, is THAT messed up.

18. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  19. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Tauer ignore MasterHaosis
    i would only ask a troll to go through such lengths like MasterHaosis

but it seems im scary enough for the troll to warn you, i guess thats a win

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Calling Haosis a troll is going pretty far, DrakPanda.
    He is obviously unhappy with the state of Reforged, like many others.
    There is nothing wrong with that.