1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Talking about that, how are the Russian community and the Chinese. Apart of XGM who was even doing some logo changing and publishing notices, the other repositories were silent about Reforge, and the Chinese, from the Goblin site, they are doing their own reforged with models ripped from WoW xD.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You know, the company could make a YT channel and bash its own game to get subscribers and views. Maybe that way they'll get more cash to at least release a final patch with what's missing now.

3. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sadly, we're all pretty certain that's not gonna happen. Reforged is not gonna bring in new players, imo it was never even meant to do that. It was probably meant to chash in on nostalgia and bring old fans back. But by now it's obviouse that it's a failure. Once the current players leave the game is pretty much done for.

Sadly, Reforged might have actually excelerated the process of this great game dying!

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder whose fault that is?

5. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welp, now they gotta work extra hard on Diablo 4 or their company is history.

6. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    What makes you think Diablo players will want to buy that game after the huge let down? You think they've forgotten? Besides, it's not going to be any close to epic, judging by their steps so far with new releases.

And they can forget about their usual customers who buy games just for support and minor enjoyment. For example I bought all ScII expansions, only for the campaigns and to support blizzard. I was never a fan of SC universe.
    And now they lost me as a customer. I imagine a lot of people feel the same.

7. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never played WoW but if you insist so badly, you pay for my subscription then

9. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure that Overwatch 2 is Blizzard's main priority project. Diablo 4 is only second.

10. WanSaweR

WanSaweR

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a long post

This is my first post on Hiveworkshop, so I hope you won't stone me.:xxd: Yes, you can see, today I registered my account on this website, despite playing WC3 since 2006, which is four years since Reign of Chaos release. As you all know, Reign of Chaos was released in 2002. Basically I might consider myself veteran in this game, and I think I should say my opinions about WC3:R.

When it comes to WC3:R here are my opinions:
    1. Graphics are beautiful, I don't have any complains
    2. new models are beautiful. Most of them are better looking than classic old models. Again no issue.
    3. Terrain could be better, but it's still good
    4. Low FPS occured only in missions like: eternity's end, symphony of frost and flame.
    5. bugs and glitches exist, but they can be fixed with few patches.
    6. So far experienced only one crash
    7. No custom campaign feature is the most saddest thing :sad:
    8. I don't know, how it is with multiplayer, because I don't play it, but I know ladders are missing
    9. No new cutscenes

Basically, The biggest issues for me are points 4,5,6 and 7. I know, that many players are experiancing worse FPS perfomance than me, more crashes etc. But let me tell you this. I'm probably more optimistic, than many other people and I believe Blizz'll release patches and fixe those issues. I believe, after few updates we'll have custom campaign feature back, and we can play custom campaigns again. Yes, we have bugs, glitches, crashes, but as I said, they can be fixed, and I believe they'll be.

When it comes to new cutscenes, let me tell you this. I know a lot of people are upset, because no new cutscenes, but let's be real. Do we need them? Can't we live without them? For me, the selling point weren't cutscenes, but rather models and graphics and they delivered this. And be honest, I prefer old style cutscenes.

Custom campaign feature is unfortunately missing, but I hope Blizzard will fix it, and feature will be back. And I hope complains will then dissapear from Hiveworkshop. Because I saw a lot of complains on Hiveworkshop about this feature missing. Unfortunately, complains won't disappear from websites like Reddit, youtube, official blizz forum, because a lot of complains, what I saw were about missing cutscenes, and I doubt Blizz'll add them.

And last thing. I'm happy, after so many years of playing WC3, I finally registered on Hiveworkshop, I hope discussion with you guys'll be civilised and fun. :wink:

I know, this post is too long, so I will end it right here. :xxd:

11. maduroman

maduroman

Resources:
    Resources:
    its now officially the worst rated game on metacritic history

at least we can now say the game has earned something of worth

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  12. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea, but I think it does not deserve 0.5. It deserves 0.0

13. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Brainwashed people! Thinking what corporation wants them to think.
    You see how is this bad?
    Religion, fascism, communism, fanaticism, capitalism, corporatism... Very bad.
    Previous ones I can understand. back then people did not have that much informations to counter against, so they could fell as easy prey to those. But corporatism I can never understand! 21 century, 2020. year, age of informations when people can search for themselves and they still managed to get brainwashed! By coporations, whose are one of main cancers to this world!
    Can you imagine me for moment. I am billionaire, do various craps to get even more rich and you are fanatic for me! You are not paid nothing, get nothing, but simple, decide to waste your time defending me while I get more and more rich. This is what I cannot never understand. I understand ideologies, some get paid for this, personnel interests etc etc... But I cannot understand Blizzard fanatic, what possibly he can get or have from Blizzard?

Activison-Blizzard of course. Not my grandmother's fault definitively.

14. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? OW2 looks more like OW1 DLC. It feels like a COD "sequel"

15. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but it's still their most popular game, by a mile.
    It was the big final announcement of the Blizzcon 2019 opening ceremony.

16. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow. I am so amazed. I hope this 'remake' rot for all the chaos it caused. This kind of statement can burn inside the oblivion, really.

I refuse to purchase and download reforged, and I will only play classic of the old day with my old keys from my old purchase. I also have told my friends to NOT BUY REFOR- wait, that's not right, REFUNDED. Nope, I am not supporting Refunded and will never be till they fix their games. Better keep my friends' money out of it as well.

If you really want to say those with the classic key is actually part of the community, and I take that from your parenthesis, then THE CLASSIC COMMUNITY IS REJECTING THIS ABOMINATION CALLED REFORGED FOR DOOMING THE CLASSIC WITH UNNECESSARY 20GB FILES, BREAKING LIKE HALF OF THE EXISTING FEATURES IN THE PREVIOUS PATCH AND HOW THEY JUST ACT LIKE 'EVERYTHING IS OKAY' WHILE DOING THIS.

It feels like 'congrats, you are now the evilest villain in history'. Sad Pikachu face.

---

My personal take on Reforged initial release (ugh, leaves a foul taste): Design Patterns and Refactoring

EDIT:
    For those who can't catch the point from this:
    So, screwed marketing leads to a junkyard game.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah. I hope you get a Phd from a study of this case. At least you got that going for you.

18. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i fully support this statement, i only hope you wont hold reforge also in account for any other blizzard games

the community is moving on with reforged, you/others can join us or not thats your choice, given the statement above i fully support i doubt you will be with us at this time for however long, i just hope you do actually return if the day ever comes where reforged works just fine and all our quarrels of missing features are answered

as for the "everything is OK" remark every one likes to toss around, blizzard has not spoken anything on the matter, best the community can do is press on till tuesday, if nothing comes out from blizzard in a acceptable amount of plan/action on tuesday, then the heads will role

19. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Community is not moving anywhere. This one stays here. Reforged one will not exist most likely. For community to exist game must be popular, moddable, to have maps, skins, icons (aka resources) and tools.

Oh wait.... 0.5/10 HAHAHAHAHHA!
    Worst rated game in history... to have community hahahaha what joke of year!
    Whole community of Reforged can collect in one bus :cgrin:

@knight26 DAMN YOU! You wont join community of failed game!
    Daffa The Mage, you too! Guys why nobody wants to join failed game?

20. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's alright Haosis, we'll survive, like we have until now. We just need a stable 1.28.5 Patch or 1.29 patch, and maybe we'll make our own THW Bnet where we can play. It's possible for a fact.