1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Ebonheart

Ebonheart

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't seem to continue on from the Warcraft Launcher. Once I've downloaded the patch, I can't continue from the launcher page after I've selected file location. The "Continue" button simply won't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, I saw this in another thread and thanked you for it. Btw, I'm going to ask you a few learning questions by private message later today if you don't mind.

If I'm not wrong, it is intended.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Supposedly this is only in the menu, apparently rescaling it to widescreen is troublesome.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not a bug. They made it that way not to stretch the screen. I hate it. I liked it stretched. I hope they'll leave two options, one like now and one like before in 1.27.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=4#post-61

5. MooNek

MooNek

Resources:
    Resources:
    I figured out it is for menus only, but then when I booted the map it looked awful. The interface isn't supporting widescreen for me, there are ugly looking blank spaces on both side of bottom part of interface, upper part looks good like this though. The biggest problem for me is that the multiboards and pop-up messages appear in their old places completly ignoring the widescreen added parts. Is it intended too or maybe any fixes?

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    How can people like it stretched... Stretched is just wrong. It is like going to see the Mona Lisa but instead all you get to see is a picture of a clown drawn by a child.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    De gustibus non est disputandum.

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just updated; worked great, played well, looked cool! Very exciting. : )

9. Wadjet

Wadjet

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Anyone else having problems saving maps with vJass code? For example you can no longer declare globals in jass etc.

10. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Did the cinematic issue ever get fixed? The one where the videos wouldn't play on windows 10.

11. Maltazar

Maltazar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found very interesting how the Widescreen mode works only in a match, while the starting screen is normal still.

What a difference, by the way! I loved it.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I don't know...

I like this:
    Patch127Wide.png

better than this:
    Patch129Wide.png

That's why I'd love it if they could/would add both modes (also referring to ingame) to choose from.

13. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    alright new update is live! when are the Mouse Detection GUI Friendly systems coming out?
    because I can only do GUI and I'm too lazy to learn jass/vjass >_>
    also damn blizzard so lazy they didn't add mouse detection to triggers, or did I just miss it?

EDIT:
    looks like I was wrong, blizzard did add them to GUI :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  14. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Most of the new natives have been added to GUI. You missed it.

15. E.M.C

E.M.C

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would have preferred that they left the interface as it was, it was much better stretched out than with bars on the sides.

Also, I have been whining about it before, but I'm really disappointed that the Blademaster nerf is now live. And the way they attempted to "nerf" Demon Hunter is just insulting.

16. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    As someone who designed loading screens and 2D art with the original Warcraft 3 resolution in mind having them stretched made me all sorts of angry. It's not as obvious with 3D art because you can't as easily that the porportions are off, but you can with any sort of 2D where the layout was planned out as such.

Such as that comparison picture a few posts up, if you knew the dwarf wasn't supposed to be fat you wouldn't have problems with the stretched look.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At least in the stretched image you can see more of the dwarf :p

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That is because the menu art does not scale very well.
    That is wrong... The image at the back has the wrong aspect ratio. The dwarf looks fat.
    That is how it should look. Notice the dwarf has the correct aspect ratio and so looks good.
    No it was not. The square buttons were not square...

I agree that the hack they used is sub optimal. They should actually expand the centre console so that minimap and command card are corner anchored. This is how StarCraft II does it.
    Exactly!
    No you cannot as all texels of the texture are already visible. The only difference is that extra fragments are being generated using interpolation which stretch the image out of its intended aspect ratio.

19. fang24

fang24

Resources:
    Resources:
    no they removed the stretch option and made it so it "fits" only in map.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Exactly why I prefer the stretched version.
    Look again at those images. When there are more players in one game, they are placed on the image/right instead of below like in the stretched and older versions.