• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Putting piles of shit in a room technically adds more to it, but in the end, you don't want it in the room, and if it piles up enough, there won't be exactly enough room to move around.

Putting that metaphor aside, you don't think "I die; I revive; I die again" events might be a little tiresome?

Level 9
So you saying that all the lore that WOW added is piles of shit? Not true. Almost every "real" quest (Not the ones with: "go kill x monsters" or "bring me x items") has a nice lore behind it.

I don't care if character is dead or not, but what happen after the character dies. For example, if Illidan is killed, all Outland (and even few in Azeroth) will be affected by his death. But after you kill it in WOW, nothing happens. The life in WOW will continue like the character never died. That’s why I don't consider dead characters to be dead; their death in WOW doesn't affect any thing, even though it should be.

Level 9
No matter what I will say, no matter how much reasonable it will, you will still keep saying that "BLIZZARD RUINED THE LORE AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT, NEVER!!!" So tell me, if you are so smart, how exactly blizzard has ruined the Lore? Give me the list (short list, I am sure) of reasons that took this wonderful Lore and made it so painful to read and hear!

Level 26
So you saying that all the lore that WOW added is piles of shit? Not true. Almost every "real" quest (Not the ones with: "go kill x monsters" or "bring me x items") has a nice lore behind it.
Just pointing out a flaw in your theory of adding stuff. I'm actually somewhat apathetic of what WoW does.
I don't care if character is dead or not, but what happen after the character dies. For example, if Illidan is killed, all Outland (and even few in Azeroth) will be affected by his death. But after you kill it in WOW, nothing happens. The life in WOW will continue like the character never died. That’s why I don't consider dead characters to be dead; their death in WOW doesn't affect any thing, even though it should be.
Then they shouldn't have actually made him killable in the first place, should they? If they want to straddle the fence, do it realistically.

Level 23
Ok, lets see, I cannot make a whole list, becouse there is atleast one thing that ruins the lore BUT that is a HUGE thing, very much Lore important things are killable by players, such as the leaders of the cities, and I think I've read that it's going to be possible to actualy kill Arthas (on the original site) but I could be wrong on that.

Level 9
I think Mecheon doesn't quite believe in that WoW-Ruined-Lore story, but one of my friends said you can raid capitols like Orgrimmar and kill Thrall, and all that. Now THAT is lame.

I always liked him...
Anyway, I am tired of trying to make you understand, so all that thinks that the fact that warcraft characters are dead ruining the lore, please read this thread: .http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965512213&sid=1. This dosen't gives a direct answer, but at least they say cleverer things then you do. And if anyone here has wow account, please ask blizzard directly.

Level 26
I don't think it's possible to say "cleverer" things, but I will say that to make someone killable, then treat it as it never happened is a stupid concept made for the sake of gameplay. Kill him or don't kill him. Don't give me the same old "straddling the fence" bull. Don't just think up a half assed way to appease both the people who actually care about lore, and the "elite content".

Status
Not open for further replies.