• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a Warcraft IV ever? Or is World Of Warcraft Blizzard's only concern. Think about this. World Of Warcaft has been Blizzard's main game and focus these last few years. But they recently decided to make Starcraft 2. Maybe they do have time to make Warcraft 4.

Keep in mind that Warcraft 4 Lore would come off of World Of Warcraft. If they made a Warcraft 4 this year that would mean no more World Of Warcraft expansions would be made.

If they do make a Warcraft IV what do you think will happen in it:
- When will it be made.
- What new races will be included.
- What new lands are to explore.
- What will the "World Editor" be like.

Level 19
I think there already was a discussion on this, but who cares? Warhammer is based off different times and such, why cant warcraft? I'm VERY sure the improvement will be vast if soo, like...i mean ...wc2 and wc3 were a large..large change..me thinks..so if they do make a wc4 i really hope they make an evolution of it.

But who cares? I care, I want to play Warcraft 4, what's with the crappy attitude? It probably would be an evolution, though, it would probably have seperate troll and blood elf races.

Level 15
Warcraft 4 was so last year...

warcraft4.gif

Improved models:

humans_vs_orcs.jpg

Superior terrain:

tile_cliff1.jpg

Unprecedented animations!

animwalk.GIF

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Warcraft IV

Kaitech[SanD];281925 said:
I thaught WoW was Warcraft 4? And as for the question Will there ever be on? The answer is quite plainly, no, WoW is taking up any ideas and storylines for the rest of the Warcraft series, its just obvious WoW and its expansions is the last of Warcraft we are ever going too see!

Wake up. We're speaking of RTS not RPG.

Blizzard said they wouldn't return Warcraft to the RTS Game. However, Blizzard can always change their mind.

The lore is pretty much screwed, many of the main characters are dead, but think of something; that could be a new start for the warcraft lore, so it doesn't get repetitive. The only real lore screwing I've seen is mixing up Forsaken and Blood Elves with the Horde. Draenei was a good thought but making them directly allied with the Alliance wasn't the best option.

So, either Warcraft IV would split all these races from the factions or they would start with a new history, somewhat original.

As for the "lands to explore", I don't get what you mean. You think Blizzard will bring new worlds to the lore? Two worlds, Draenor and Azeroth, are ok as they are. If you meant new tilesets, well, that could be interesting. I just hope Blizzard won't remove tilesets, the tilesets already become boring, only a few (such as Ashenvale, Barrens and a few others) are really complete and can bring a nice terrain. The others, such as Underground, and such, needed more doodads and stuff.

The new races... well, Blood Elves + Naga? I always thought a mod for Warcraft III should be done to add that race, to somehow revive this game.

Level 6
And then what? Then they will have two RTS's at the same time.. That won't work. That's like stealing customers of yourself.

I think the next game will be WoW expansion and then SC2 Expansion ;)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
With Starcraft II coming out, it's obvious we shouldn't expect Warcraft IV to come out, that early anyway. The first game will be this summer's WoW expansion, and then Starcraft II, I guess. After that, another expansion, and perhaps a few more years, since Blizzard will need to balance the game. So, that's it, once Warcraft IV comes out we'll probably have our own lives.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Classic Whitehorn, I remember thinking about actually working on that project, too bad it never amounted to anything.

Level 4
What do you mean?

I pray for a Warcraft IV. I love RTS's and Warcraft is my favorite, my favorite game in my favorite Universe besides my own. I'm personally hoping the game involves these Characters:

Sargeras (I want to see him fleshed out in all his malevolent glory damnit!)
Deathwing (Best. Dragon. Ever)
And the Old Gods. (Because they are so damned mysterious.

Level 10
Things that are going to happen in wc4:

- Arthas, will begin his plans to destroy the whole world
- With the death of Illidan, Kael will lead his people back to Azeroth, and make an assallt over the ruins of Quel'thalas to recover theyr land.
- Sylvanas will travel to Northend to fight with arthas and have her vengance.
- The humans will try to retake dalaran.
- Sargeras will reborn, and the night elves will fight with him again.
- The horde will face the first assallt of Arthas on Barrens.
- Cultists of the Legion will attemp to revive archimonde, and the draenei will must deal with them.

oh, well, we cant dream?

EDIT: Off Topic: Oh hell! 400 posts!

Okay... Kael dies in Tempest Keep. The Blood Elves on the Horde currently have control of Quel'thalas and have rebuilt Silvermoon. How will Sargeras be revived? You would need a huge amount of power to recreate a body that Sargeras could use.

And all the other stuff kinda makes sense. I hope they ressurect Archimonde. They killed him off too soon.

Level 9
Wo wo wo, hold on a second. How the ridicules idea that Kael and Illidan are dead reached to your heads? They looking very alive to me… once again people doing the mistake that if character is killed in wow he is also dead in the lore, and that’s pretty far from been true.
Secondly the humans can't conquer what is already theirs, so the idea they will retake Dalaran is completely without sense.
Sargeras isn't coming back! Not until he will find a power strong enough to return his body back to him.
As for Archimonde, Kil'jaeden will not try much to resurrect him.
I bet Kil'jaeden feels very comfortable on his sit, and he doesn't want to share it with anyone. That is way Sargeras isn't coming back either, Kil'jaeden doesn't really need him to keep the Burning Crusade going on. And without his legion, it is most likely Sargeras will not have his body back for very long time.

Last edited:
Level 36
Me. I could give a damn about Sargeras.

WC4 will never happen. Why sell a far-less-popular product for a fixed price to a couple million people when you can sell expansion packs to 10 million people for a set high price AND another 15 bucks a month on top of that.

Blizzard is corporate greed embodied, folks. Remember that.

Level 9
Most of the people that die in an instance die completely. Illidan wouldn't actually say that Maiev defeated him if he wasn't dying and there wouldn't be quests to get like somebodies head like "Kael's Head" for a quest. Because when somebody tries to ressurect him.. Well he wouldn't have a head.

If they die completely, how guilds can encounter them more then once? That is way you shouldn't get excited when a character dies. You just need to think; he is sitting there and doing stuffs, and if we "kill" him, it doesn’t going to stop him. (Or in our case, to affect the lore)

Level 24
it isn't confirmed that SC2 won't have monthly fees :>

Do they need to?
Really, they have all of BNet for SCII. WoW isn't on BNet, and it sucked up half of BNet anyways. So they have BNet and a half for SCII. Yes, this is devoid of sense, but there is just a hint of logic. Why not have BNet free? Free online play was definitely something Blizzard had going for its popularity. I was surprised enough that WoW had monthly fees, because BNet is big, but WoW is an MMO. SCII is an RTS.

Wo wo wo, hold on a second. How the ridicules idea that Kael and Illidan are dead reached to your heads? They looking very alive to me… once again people doing the mistake that if character is killed in wow he is also dead in the lore, and that’s pretty far from been true.
No it isn't. I'd have to say it's hitting the nail on the head, as far as truth.

Secondly the humans can't conquer what is already theirs, so the idea they will retake Dalaran is completely without sense.
Didn't the Scourge take Dalaran in WCIII?

If they die completely, how guilds can encounter them more then once? That is way you shouldn't get excited when a character dies. You just need to think; he is sitting there and doing stuffs, and if we "kill" him, it doesn’t going to stop him. (Or in our case, to affect the lore)
Because it's an MMO, and horribly bad business if you can only kill Über 1337 Bosses once per server.

Then that would mean Illidan, Kael, Arugal, Dar'Khan Drathir, Kel'thuzad, and everyone else is dead. Wrong. I have proof here that this isn't true. They are dead.

When you kill Highlord Mograine (The Deathknight in Naxxramas) and you get his sword ash bringer and take it into Scarlet Monastery everyone bows down to you. Then the, DEAD, Highlord Mograine (now a ghost) comes and kills his son.

They are dead we all know we want them alive but Blizzard is getting stupid.

Level 25
Actually theres a chance for everything when it comes to Blizzard...
A bunch of people told me that Blizzard is going to announce that Diablo III is being worked on. Kind of reminds me of EA games, they got like ten teams working on seven different games(exaduration) but with EA, only about two-three out of ten games are actually good. LotR Online sucked. :)

I think that Wc4 will be made because the ending was horrible for Wc3. Sure it's been a long ass time since they made another expansion, but look at Starcraft! It's probably not wise to expect a Wc4 soon, but I guarantee that there will be one eventually...

If they charge monthly fees for B.Net I'll kill them.
Why would they charge a montly fee for Starcraft II? No one would play it. No one would play an RTS with a monthly fee PERIOD. It'd be Blizzard Entertainment's worst decision yet and they'd lose tons of cash and profit and they'd have to rely on WoW for their money making, which most of the population atleast on my WoW server will be lost to Warhammer Online :D (including me of course)
So with all the pressure from Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and even LotR Online, Blizzard is trying to make up ways to earn cash. Blizzard has alot of competition, and who knows what games will be developing after those games are finished and released!
So thats another reason why Blizzard is releasing games like WoW: BC, SC2, and probably Diablo III, after Diablo III I guarantee either another WoW expansion(of course! otherwise they're screwed for WoW being repetitive) and/or Wc4. Or they'll make up a new game.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Actually theres a chance for everything when it comes to Blizzard...
A bunch of people told me that Blizzard is going to announce that Diablo III is being worked on. Kind of reminds me of EA games, they got like ten teams working on seven different games(exaduration) but with EA, only about two-three out of ten games are actually good. LotR Online sucked. :)
Diablo 3? OMG. Please tell me it's a joke.

LotR Online? I never played that, but did you check Battle for Middle Earth II? Lol, it was horrible. The Rise of the Witch-King expansion brought some fun to it, but IMO Battle for Middle Earth 1 was better.
Most people are disappointed at EA.

I think that Wc4 will be made because the ending was horrible for Wc3. Sure it's been a long ass time since they made another expansion, but look at Starcraft! It's probably not wise to expect a Wc4 soon, but I guarantee that there will be one eventually...
Nobody can guarantee that, only Blizzard. And even if there is one, we will (or I will, hopefully), have my own life, without the time to play these games. Besides, it's sad to see an adult addicted to games.

So with all the pressure from Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and even LotR Online, Blizzard is trying to make up ways to earn cash. Blizzard has alot of competition, and who knows what games will be developing after those games are finished and released!
When those games are developed and finished, they'll probably take time to balance the game. And after that maybe an expansion to Starcraft II. Blizzard announced they wouldn't return Warcraft to the RTS world, it vexes us all.

So thats another reason why Blizzard is releasing games like WoW: BC, SC2, and probably Diablo III, after Diablo III I guarantee either another WoW expansion(of course! otherwise they're screwed for WoW being repetitive) and/or Wc4. Or they'll make up a new game.
I doubt they make a new game... Warcraft was such a good story, did they have to ruin it with a MMORPG? In Wc4 they can either start from scratch or just ignore what happened in WoW.

Level 9
Alright, I give up convincing you people, you can treat to wow lore any way you like. I am treating to all the quests as good stories and embracing them, while ignoring the characters killing thing (when talking on Illidan you can't say that he was killed by adventures… that’s just not going to happen).

Level 24
You're almost as bad as the guy from the thread Mecheon got his signature's first quote from.

Alright, I'll explain to you why all these people die when you kill them. Aside from the fact that it's actual freaking lore, if they come back in the next game, actual nerds, such as the kind you are trying (but failing) to be will complain very loudly. Yesyes?

Level 15
Then that would mean Illidan, Kael, Arugal, Dar'Khan Drathir, Kel'thuzad, and everyone else is dead. Wrong. I have proof here that this isn't true. They are dead.

When you kill Highlord Mograine (The Deathknight in Naxxramas) and you get his sword ash bringer and take it into Scarlet Monastery everyone bows down to you. Then the, DEAD, Highlord Mograine (now a ghost) comes and kills his son.

They are dead we all know we want them alive but Blizzard is getting stupid.

Are you arguing with yourself? make your damn mind up.

Level 36
It doesn't matter, the bosses all just respawn 5 minutes later anyway, like every unit in the game. Iy's not canonical!

Look, you just killed Illidan! 5 minutes later, there's Illidan again, ready to be killed by someone else (or you again if you really feel like it)!

How is this so hard to comprehend?!

Level 2
blizzards top guy sayd in an interview that there will be a sequel to WoW, and they probable dont want to let down they're warcraft RTS fans so it would be warcraft 4 RTS. When this comes out, i dont know. probable like 2010 or something, keeping in mind that blizzard wont release anything untill it has apsolutely no bugs or ruff edges in it. as for revolutionary gameplay, i have no idea, but it would be cool if you could play campaigns in pandaria, kezan (homeland of the goblins), outland etc... a full scale war against deamons in outland would be cool. i think the dreanai will be a separate playable race as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.