1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Right now, it's pretty much we "might get".

2. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not might, it was already shown that there were no black bars at the bottom during blizzcon, and someone has told us that as far as he knows 1.31 is going to bring that to good ol' tft

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh that... I though you meant UI customization.

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't really understand what you mean, you can already remove the UI? they just need us to allow us to be able to remove parts of the UI, which is fairly simple seeing as how the reforged UI is modular-looking, and already renders stuff behind of it, anyways.

In the worst case scenario in which they don't add natives to create UI based stuff, Triggerhappy made a vjass based UI builder anyways.

5. ZethHolyblade

ZethHolyblade

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I was like... "'Black bars?' Dahell are they talking about?" :D Now I know.

Never been bothered by them to be honest.

So far I've only noticed the game will seemingly run much more smoothly with crispier graphics and models, as well as (a possible) "reforged" version of the original soundtrack and (HOPEFULLY NOT) storyline.

That and this one very ugly thing:
    [​IMG]

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Example:

7. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is doable in warcraft 3, especially once the black bars are gone, the menu/minimap position not really right now though, but there's no reason as to why it wouldn't be possible on reforged seeing as how they said modular UI

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think anyone besides the company knows the answer to that.

9. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I heard the creeps will have distinct and unique appearances rather than tinting colored versions in the classic game. Is this really true?

10. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most likely different textures rather than just different colors, although maybe not, for compatibility reasons with legacy maps.

11. ZethHolyblade

ZethHolyblade

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In war 3 most neutral hostile units shared the base model and/or texture among themselves, and sometimes with racial units as well (i.e. human knight and bandit lord).

The most visible variation resides in the color palette, which is swapped all the time (i.e murlocs).

12. New Player

New Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm, Does anyone would recommended the W3 Reforged or no? Im curious btw.

13. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nobody can say for sure as I doubt anyone here has played it (other than some Blizzard employees). For what I have seen and heard I think it's the evolution of WC3. If anyone's interested in WC3 than there is no way to ignore Reforged.

Personally I am not 100% happy. Terrain needs more more and I don't like the current AI pathing which they are likely to keep, but I will get it. Looking forward to the new graphics, additions ot the campaign and new possibilities for the editor.

14. New Player

New Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is reforged will update patches same like the old W3?

15. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, as I understand it Reforged and classic WC3 will basically be the same game aside from the graphics, the campaigns, and maybe some other stuff.
    Players of both versions will be able to play together on Bnet.

16. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think so. Like Starcraft Remastered. It will be the same game but the graphics (and the updated campaign I think) will have to be bought.

17. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also forgot to mention that it will have rerecorded music, dialogue, and any other sounds which won't be added to classic WC3.

18. DjKniteX

DjKniteX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup; I think as far as I know; WAR3 classic and reforged can play together. If like Starcraft Remastered, I hope WAR3 classics goes free to play; We'll need some players for the custom maps :D (I mean SC and SC2 are F2P already)

19. hexhound

hexhound

Resources:
    Resources:
    I pre ordered it because i wanted to vote with my dollar. I don't care about campaign and i only care a little bit about nicer graphics, but i think it's important to show some appreciation to Blizzard for keeping wc3 BNet updated and running all this time, and to try to convince them and other game companies that it's still worth it to release games that are not on a subscription model.

20. miketwistam

miketwistam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would be nice to have at least some info on the new Editor features. I think I read somewhere they promised an Editor beta on February but it's long past that.