1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Empirean

Empirean

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    so so so, how do we get our hands on the new world editor?

2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    When Reforged is released?
    It will be at some point in 2019, probably by the end of the year.
    Future updates might also bring improvements to the editor before Reforged is out, who knows. We just need to wait.

3. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AFAIK the editor patch is stated to come out in February/March.

4. DarthDeath

DarthDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think why they redesigned models and maps to look like WoW is that WoW maps and styles were the vision of how warcraft world would be. But i agree about how they should keep their wc3 style. i like the hd rexxar from the campaign screen, and i'd love to see how others were remade to be like that style for this reforged.

5. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As a WC1-3 story fanatic but so/so about WoW story I actually don't have a problem with making changes to fit better with WoW, under a few conditions:
    - Changing the level design: Many maps in WC3 have potential to benefit from a general overhaul, with better spacing, more interesting encounters, better scripted events. Adding a few recognizable monsters/NPCs is just icing on the cake. The important thing is that a map deson't lose it's gameplay identity. But this is simply achieved by having the same objectives which force you to build specific types of units, which are usually just the newly unlocked ones.
    - Changing the story: They shouldn't change the story of WC3 to fit WoW. After all WoW is only so interesting because WC3 was so good. But they can add dialogues, cinematics, and even some things hinting at future development, on top of the existing storylines. Maybe even new maps. Unfortunately we won't get these with the old voice actors.
    - Visuals: Whatever they do, realistic or goofy, it needs to work for Remastered. Currently the models don't fit the ground textures, but Blizzard is aware of that.

Whatever happens. WC3 Vanilla should always look and feel like it does now.

6. SMBComix

SMBComix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm actually really pleased with what I've seen so far. And I'm one of the guys who was arguing AGAINST a remaster for ages.

7. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know much about 3D modeling,
    but how difficult would it be to change existing custom models to the high-poly versions we see in the Reforged trailer?

8. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well... So hard is enough I think, but making them again from scratch for higher poly is easier (which is ofcourse not easy if you are not a modeler)

9. bethmachine

bethmachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm excited for this! But you know what I'm more excited for? The HIVE bustling and being active like it used to be. This place is like my online home and really brings back memories when I look back to my visits that were just a year ago. Feels so long ago now with this place feeling a bit more empty.

10. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This question has probably been asked to death but I can for the life of me not find a proper answer, or anyone who can confirm it. Will I get access to TFT and ROC if I buy the Reforged pre-purchase? I only find threads where people have bought it and then they didn't find TFT or ROC anywhere.

11. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Lee
    39 posts
    Dec '18
    Hey i have pre-order and i dont have w3 classic why?

You have to download the Warcraft 3 installer by clicking on the link in this forum post:

We’re excited to release our first patch since announcement of Reforged! There are many great improvements, balance updates, and you can officially install classic Warcraft III if you own Reforged. The known issues will be patched very soon™. Installers can be found here:

Then in the installer you’ll have to verify your pre-purchase by logging into bnet on it."

This piece of information is taken from this thread :
    Pre-purchase Access to Classic

So, basically, you are able to get access to classic RoC and TFT if you ONLY pre-purchase Reforged. It's just the process of getting them a little bit complicated.

12. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Existing custom maps will be playable in Reforged, and players will be able to use the new matchmaker to find partners or opponents for traditional melee and custom games."

Alright I'm happy as hell to read this, but I do have one question about it though.
    Will older maps automatically use the upgraded textures in the Reforged version?

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. Playing a map with custom imported stuff on Reforged will most likely look ugly. If there are no custom imports (referring to skins, models), then, Reforged will convert the classic models, skins to the Reforged ones.

14. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah that's what I was referring to.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right. I've misread it the first time. Gotta stop hurrying.

16. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Naw it's not your fault, I could have phrased it better.

17. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is not a single game that has a malleable, flexible and powerful world editor as wc3 does. The graphical improvement will make wc3 renaissance happen.

Some people have hoped (including me) that wc4 will be made. Now its perfectly clear that there won't be a wc4, and I am cool with that because wc3 reforged is the substitute.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe in terms of community, fans (new people coming in). In other terms, mostly, it'll just be the same game with a fancier coat on.

19. rickjiaren

rickjiaren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just asking... will the price of the game drop release after 1-2 years of releasing? Or it's fixed?

20. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those are most of the games though, most of what is considered "new" and "cool" are just basically graphical improvements, not gameplay improvements.

Also we are getting some pretty important changes, including the ability to remove black bars, since game will be rendering on the whole screen when UI is gone now.