1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Seconded. Just hope to see even more old folks when it arrives next year, even if it will just be a temporary boost.

2. Iliya

Iliya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will we this time get the same quality client and features as Warcraft Netease is in China?? They get it free to play and 10 times client quality of us! Like WTF? Even if the reforged has half the qualities of Netease I'll pre-order this.

Netease, Future of Custom maps and proof of the remake!

3. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Please no. God no. Just. No.

For all that is holy Blizzard, do not attempt to monetize modding. It doesn't work. Look at what it did to the Elder Scrolls community. Modding should be something you do out of love for the game and sharing said love with others, it shouldn't be for fiscal reasons. Monetization will ruin the modding scene, guaranteed.

4. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    True, also I found kinda nothing interesting in Netease ALSO FUN FACT: Netease is the company that makes Diablo:Immortal so they killed one game of Blizz already no need to kill Warcraft too

5. Iliya

Iliya

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not just monetization tho personally I'm fine with it as long as it's cosmetics. Pro modders deserve something for their work otherwise they outsource and kill the game (e.g Dota 2 and Icefroge and then Legion TD). Or they just don't bother updating maps. Netease is having a boom in player numbers and growth while here is kind of the land of the dead for custom maps.

Apart from that Netease has reconnect system, Custom map Ladder system (To make sure a guy with 1000 games of Dota is not matched with first timers, Ranked system for custom maps, Custom map server side hosting which has removed all possible map hackers and tons more mentioned in the linked thread.

Elder scrolls was just executed horribly and it's totally different with Warcraft 3. Elder scrolls you are selling mods which people actually need and meanwhile you had no oversight on it. In warcraft 3 all the maps (different games not MODS) are free to play, Who cares if the Mapper is selling cosmetics on it and people are happy to support him/her.

Sorry good maps take full days every day to work on and love from community helps but you can't live on that. If that was the case Icefrog would still be here and all the great maps would not have been outsourced to Steam leaving Warcraft 3 to die.

Netease is half the size of Activision-blizzard, Sorry but it Was Blizzard's decision to kill it. The only reason they partnered in the making of this game was so they could copy paste one of Netease's already made game and reskin it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  6. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    7) NIGHT ELF HERO MODELS

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon:

In contrast to what the original model of the PotM looks like in WC3, I dearly hope they improve her model unit far better (her model, NOT the tiger).
    The portrait of the PotM SHOULD BE THE FACE OF THE NIGHT ELF WOMAN, and NOT THE TIGER.

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon is the one riding the tiger, right? and not the tiger itself.

Archmage and Far Seer are also both mounted heroes in WC3, but the emphasis are on the human mage and the orc shaman themselves, and not the horse and wolf... Why not do the same to the Night Elf Priestess in WC3?

I hope the TYRANDE / WOMAN NIGHT ELF PRIESTESS OF THE MOON gets done beautifully in WC3: Reforged.

Maiev/Warden:

I hope they retain the original model appearances of WC3 Maiev/Warden in REFORGED.

I dont really have much to say, but I really the original model of Warden in WC3 since you can see their mouths actually talking, with their helmet only reaching down to the nose,
    and not like super duper overprotective Warden helmet armor in WoW that you cant even see her mouth talking (or even breathing properly at least), and it also makes her appear even more heavily armored than a footman.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @DemonHunter13 dude, stop spamming the threads with the same messages.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh boy, I don't like that NetEase UI at all. Lol.

9. ENAleksey

ENAleksey

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
  10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    As someone who made a female dwarf hero model in the past because the lack of female dwarves in the hive database was bothering me; I do.

DwarfPriestess.jpg

11. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not salty just concern. Things like doing a 180* on Draenie design are valid concerns where it's likely to go since they want to emulate WoW.

Suppose Fel Orcs are going to be spikey Orcs to
    Best part of the interview is when he says they will sit down and play the game and discuss their experiences .

Classic team are gamers. The rest of Blizzard is a corporate machine making skinner box gambling bullshit to force people to keep playing no matter how offputting

overall whatever asthetic changes comes at least I can say is that I'm confident WC3R and the eventual Diablo 2 Remake which will likely be on the D3 engine but with talent trees and all the core design is something Blizzard fans of old can look forward to.

Everything look plastic and gross

Pass

Warcraft Rebirth mod AKA Armies of Azeroth
    Is the only Vanilla graphic modification that matters and keeps the original design intent.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Judging by the cartoony Warcraft III look it's hard to discern it's actually a dwarf you know unless you add the proper characteristics:

22:39->
    You've misquoted me with @Anaxie's question by the way...

13. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It depends on what lore you go after. Basically, my understanding of female dwarves is the same as that in divinity: original sin 2. Female dwarves are curvy midget women with weird haircuts. And that's basically what female WoW dwarves looked like in Vanilla WoW too. So that's what I made. :D
    Also, I kinda played on the bearded women cliche at some other place, by calling the ordinary riflemen in a dwarven village "female dwarf".

14. ENAleksey

ENAleksey

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    This is because the lighting is baked in the original textures, and all models uses the same value of roughness and specular.

What about this?

Everglade_Original_2.png Everglade_RenderEdge_2.png war3 2018-06-07 22-59-17-04.png WC3ScrnShot_060818_000428_04.png WC3ScrnShot_012018_155031_01.png Edemium_RenderEdge_2.png WC3ScrnShot_012018_120721_09.png

15. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Your attitude is pretty obnoxious.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like the second most.

17. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. ENAleksey

ENAleksey

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I inject my DLL into the game and intercept direct3d calls and some functions from game.dll, then replace them with my own.
    You can try it by yourself: [RenderEdge] Experimental version

20. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: