1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Speaking of Dota returning to Wacraft, I think DracoL1ch is the one going to port it, I think.

Anyways, the only thing I wanted for WE was a descent JASS Editor, who wants intellisense rofl

2. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dota 1.5 is not possible on 1.30

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess they're using memory hack or something like that which newer patches broke/eliminated. They would have to find workarounds for Reforged but who knows what the editor brings.

4. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Would agree on that. And porting your map if you use a low amount of custom models is quite easy. It will only get extrodinary hard if you have big chunks of custom assets and need replacement for those on newer graphics.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Anaxie just watched the gameplay video for the Reforged Culling of Stratholme and the gameplay is absolutely the same. Some terrain changes don't change that at all. I have no idea what you are fantasizing about...

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, I think that the gameplay is... better in the Reforged version.

What I mean is that I believe that the original map had more buildings and it was generally easier to completely avoid dealing with Mal'ganis. In the new version, the map is smaller and it seems like that there's considerably less buildings, so you will be forced to fight Mal'ganis more often.

Design-wise, I think this is a better approach.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, but you people don't get me. I mean the core element is the same. It's not really a different level/map from a gameplay perspective.

8. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean, yeah... The core fantasy for that level is obviously the same, you're right, but from what I've seen, it seems to be better executed in Reforged.

9. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm really glad you loved it :)

Huge strategy maps with 24 players... is not really that interesting in the end. We're having trouble filling 12 slots, I can't even imagine 24. If it ever becomes possible I think it's a good idea.

Regarding engine restrictions and unit move-order stuttering with high number of units I can only hope they fixed it. But I'm not really hoping for that since I feel like it's too big of a change.

10. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you can switch back to the old style or if MDLX models, old maps and everything still works there is no reason to use the old Warcraft III or are you talking about the classic mode which you can switch back to?

They should allow dedicated servers where you can join after the game has started and which can store your stats + multiplayer map transitions.

11. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'll go for 36 players and 2048x2048 (no longer 480x480) map for open world playing. Great for long rpg maps and campaigns.

But for mobas, melee maps, and sandbox would not usually like that big. :) Well of course, and first of all, WC Reforged must be lagless and work smoothly by this case of colossal or titanic maps.

12. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) LORE/STORY

I dearly hope and pray that they will NOT RETCON ANYTHING IN THE CAMPAIGN LORE in this upcoming WC3: Reforged out from the original Warcraft 3- RoC & TFT, just for the sake "fitting/filling" it with the majority of the ridiculous retcons in WoW lore...

This is a Warcraft 3 remake from the Warcraft RTS games. A Warcraft game, NOT a WoW game...

Warcraft is NOT WoW, and WoW is NOT Warcraft.

Therefore WC3: Reforged should be loyal to the original ways that the stories were told in the original Warcraft 3 (both RoC and TFT), NO RETCONS

2) DESIGNS (Character Models)

Just as with the lore, the model designs should be more of like how it appeared in the original WC3, except of course in much better graphics.

Armors and weapons should be like it looked like in WC3, more on looking realistic and common design for a medieval fantasy game story, without being overly designed with being too much colorful, weird glowing effects on the weapons, silly umbrella-sized shoulderpads, etc...

Im glad that the undead ghouls in the WC3: Reforge look exactly like how it were in the original WC3, and not like in WoW that appears to be like a bunch of ugly undead monkeys.

13. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some older Dota runs just fine now, but without proper editor it will never be what players expect it to be. Comfort matters. Matchmaking, easy game finding, statistics - still no sign of those, even not spoken out yet. I really doubt you will find it fun to play the way it been played back to 2008, after all shiny clients.

14. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How is it the same when the city is circular instead of malganis usually porting north in original after destroying middle meaning he can be ignored entire map. With a circle confrontations are inevitable. Also no purple base is quite a big deal. Just dealing with malganis spawns.

The bonus difficult element of trying to destroy the 15 tower filled base is gone as are the incrasing waves they direct to your base.

Quite a departure. I fully expect them to do something like this in silvermoon where everything was on east side and the rest of the city was just filler buildings with sunwell in mid.

In revamp guarantee you can expect a massive base you must crush before moving to the sunwell island to confront anasterian and the runewardens as per the WoW lore they have said they will follow as they alter maps.

Dalaran. A new power in lordaeron at capital city. Symphony of frost and flame at icecrown. They will be extensively redone guarantee

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You don't have to destroy any base. You just have to kill the villagers to win... Yes direct confrontation is more likely now but that doesn't make the gameplay too different. You're still exaggerating.

16. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No one will attack your base in the new mission. That alone vhanges the entire mission tactics

Granted i already know what ill do if they keep random drop spawns from malganis.

Farm him for items with arthas solo. 45 sec divine shield = dead malganis with absolutely zero threat

Yeah itll play the same but its still a new mission. Again 90% of missions is destroy base x

If map layouts. Spawns. Ai building patterns which are ALWAYS the same composition per waves in campaigns it changes tactics.

Case and point. Shores of northrend.

Lich hero and fewnunits > 12 garg wave > lich > garg wave

Or how malganis alternates between ground waves and garg/wyrm waves. Your not going send your gryphons to plug his ass when he is sitting with 12 gargs and 3 wyrns in base F that.

There is a flow to every single map right now and alterations do change the level completely if they remake it.

Would the 2nd human mission change if the lvl 6 blademaster started attacking in waves? What about if the cult of the damned level suddenly start sending abonbs and not just ghiuls and necros?

What if banshees are present on the level march of the scourge siege that would be s huge 180* in tactics with how crippling a cursed army becomes.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you seen Back2Warcraft's gameplay video? The purple undead still attack the base...
    What if we don't aberrate so much?

18. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Must of missed ill check

19. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dont get me wrong, I love the idea of wc3 rebirth (how many times it been said in past years though?), but so far only lesser part of rebirthing is ready.

20. Triceron

Triceron

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thinking about how they're approaching Culling of Stratholme, it's going to be pretty interesting how they might approach certain tilesets. Culling in WoW generally looks like the same Warcraft 3 tileset, but there's a lot of places we've seen in WoW that are completely different.

The Broken Isles look very different than the Warcraft 3 island ruins. Suramar is completely different from what they had in Legion, and I'm torn between them remastering Warcraft 3 ruins tileset or remastering it to look like WoW. The Vault of the Wardens in Legion has its own style too, and I think this aesthetic would fit better than the generic jail tileset they used. I think it's a disservice to a remaster if they just upressed the jail tileset without making it look like the actual Vault of the Wardens.