1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Giantr

Giantr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if they'll fix the engine lag when a lot of units are on the map.

2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought SD would refer to classic models, while HD would be for Reforged models.
    Man, it would be awesome if there was some minor graphics improvements in classic game too, especially for those who will use custom models and thus will need classic game so these models don't look out of place. I don't have too much hope about this, though.

3. 31337

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everything seems nice so far, backward compatibility, togglable new sound set, graphics, models, improved editor, new campaign (kinda). I almost cried while watching the trailer, we all have been playing this game for too long. I guess all that's left is to wait. I just hope switching between classic and reforged is going to be convenient and can be done from within the game since it would be a hassle to exit and reboot warcraft every time.

There are a lot of maps that are in Chinese but ever since 1.28, I think we haven't found a way to change the game's font to something that supports Chinese. Hopefully, reforged will solve that issue. I'll gladly pay $30 if it means I can enjoy my Chinese custom maps in 1080p.

more than 6 slot inventory though :ogre_datass:

4. T77df

T77df

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait.... Should I abandon my campaign and wait for custom "Reforged Models" come to Hive?

5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest continuing development for now. It's too long to wait, and re-adapting is better if they really stick to their end of words.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you'll still need to offer an 'SD' version of your games when reforged releases. But we need more information from Blizzard on that.

7. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Don't wait. Even after Reforged is released it will take a long time before we get high-quality models that live up to Reforged's standards, and even then the selection will probably be very limited compared to the SD one. I don't think people should get their hopes up about custom HD models too much. High-poly sculpting and PBR textures are a whole other beast than the regular ole' hand-painted blocky models we're used to with WC3. It takes a lot of practice.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll be pretty happy with tons of HotStorm and WoW rips frankly until enough community made resources appear. Heck even StarCraft II ones! Man I really want to make a SC campaign with the World Editor.

Also guys, check this thread out!
    Reforged - Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

9. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Even you can re-texture older models with the newer set, and they won't look that out of place. In general my curiosity is going on the World Editor, is the make it or break it for Reforged.

10. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They better not fuck up the editor, especially Trigger Editor. Just that one personal favor.

11. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  12. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Imagine, Icefrog will mod another version of Dota here. #RIPDota2

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seems not, Valve owns DotA 2 now.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not only that but the pathing might be better in DotA 2.

15. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    so sooo amazing. I was in shock the whole day. 2019?? Incredible!

Best blizzcon ever!

16. aider

aider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finish your maps. Getting your idea to actually work in reality and balance it, is what's difficult anyway

17. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me too! It got emotional for me. Especially Pete's announcement and his moment of celebration. I could totally relate since Warcraft 3 has been a part of my life, like it has for so many others - for so many years. Definitely the best news coming out of Blizzcon!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  18. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    His speech was seriously the best ever. It felt so genuine and I couldn't have said it better myself. Wc3 is so amazing because of its multi-faceted community--you have people who love the game for modding, you have people who love the game for campaigns, and you have people who love the game for playing ladder and/or custom games. And that's made the game survive for so so long.

I'm most ecstatic that folks from the classic team are involved in the remaster. I feel like the game is in good hands. :)

19. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    This. If your thing works on War 3 RIGHT NOW it will mostly still work like that by the time Reforged comes out.

20. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think everyone who truly loves Warcraft 3 got emotional.

It really amped up when I came to the revelation with the new culling level that this remake could give over 60+ brand new campaign maps with new tactical challenges. Which is my eyes makes it 9 Entirely brand new Campaigns.

i did notice the minibosses and mal'ganis was dropping random items on the Culling. I prefer static loot in the campaigns but that could be interesting.

Saw stuff from Greater Mana pots all the way to +6 Int Robes and Meds of Courage dropping off seperate playthroughs of that level of the same kills.

WIth this announcement Diablo 2 Remake is cemented as an absolute guarantee to happen aswell.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018