• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
B T fucking W
Every group has a counter of units (links) inside of it. Group+0x34 . Surely it can contain links onto dead illusions and other stuff but still it's fastest way to count unit in group without having to relate on iterating via BJ function. Easy to do, lol. CountUnitsInGroupFast(group)

Wishlist:
- optimize the pathing function used whenever the function for creating a unit is called.
- add the sound files for the marine unit.
- give the sound editor a native (built-in) option to create new sound models (for custom units)?
(will elaborate on this later)

- more API, (please) including the suggested natives from the community
- Mouse tracking, get and set the cooldown of an ability (natively), etc.

- Detection of miss instances
- flush out triggeractions automatically (natively) along with the triggerconditions.

The thing you explained earlier. So bored to search exact name of it . But you said if you got the file u would fix it like for 1-2 days . But only blizzard have code to open it :)

Picture of that looked like alpha channel with squares ,and it didnt look aligned at all,was random and ugly like a mistakes xD. Something like uv maps for tiles

With that thing fixed wc3 would read sample 256 pixels on wc3 tileset 512x512 without obvious grid seenable from default camera distance

Damn,if somone who has knowledge tell for this to authoritized person for blizz contacts,to suggest blizz fix this. Comon guys 1.28 is on its way....

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Picture of that looked like alpha channel with squares ,and it didnt look aligned at all,was random and ugly like a mistakes xD. Something like uv maps for tiles
They are aligned very specifically and not dynamically. It is possible to have seamless textures as I later proved, just one needs to use a 2 pixel boarder for 512*256 textures or 1 pixel boarder for 256*128 textures.

High resolution terrain textures are pointless due to terrain not using mipmaps, and hence suffering from aliasing. Fixing that may or may not be so easy.

Level 15
Terrain Deformation - plain Z unit coord.

I'm not sure if It was pointed/solved before. When you make a permanent crater deformation on any terrain and after that you put some doodads, buildings and units over the deformation via scripts, the doodads and buildings gets z-coord height value acoording to the current terrain z-coord location. walking/floating units instead gets a plain z coordenade, ignoring z height variation on deformed terrain. I would like to know if this issue could be fixed, making walking unit able to detect z-height on permanent deformations without scripting tricks, cuz it is an useful way to make dynamic terrains.

Level 3
I would like to have all the maps have they're own translation command to play to.

Example: Russian Map will be translated automatically to English once you played it into Warcraft 3 English.

I don't know why, but i'm a huge fan of Russian/Asian Warcraft Custom Maps than Western ones. Most of the maps i'd like to play were not on English because they are on russians/asian languange and take a long time to translate. I wish there is patch that will do that.

Level 20
Wishlist:
-include triggered DDS, cooldown manipulation and Jass.
-add resource cost for spells in object editor
-move TFT cliff textures to main mpq's to make them usable for custom models ;-)
-make imported models dispay without reloading a map (it would make testing them much, much faster, especially because particle tails are not displayed in magos)
-change spell IDs to allow using spell variables for triggered spell casting. It would allow units to have multiple spells based on the same one.
-triggers for changing GUI

Level 6
I would like Blizzard to remap all the hotkeys with an option to choose Original, Modern, or Custom. Modern should be aligned to the left of the keyboard. I know you can already align everything with Customkeys.txt but most people dont like dealing with it and just grow accustomed to default, but the default keys suck and if people embraced a new setup they might find it easier than they realize

I made my own customkeys that are a little different then what most people have seen with Warkeys. Most people align everything to the Z key so your hero spells are all ZXC but I have mine using QWE with Move as Z and Attack and Stop are still A and S... check it out here My Custom Hotkeys Setup for QWER

I would love to see blizzard add that as a default option so people wouldnt be so sketched out about switching their keys, if your an old school player whos set in your ways it will obviously feel horrible to you as your memory will still reach for default, but for new players this would make people stick with the game and improve in skill easier IMO. look at League of Legends they use QWE for spells, its what wc3 should have always been from the get go because its less reaching from the # keys

Also the inventory hotkeys can not be customized and should also be remapped

Aren't patches supposed to be for encouraging new players to try the game? Lots of people have never played wc3 and I think an improved keyset would be a good step in helping new players learn the game, especially for MobA players... will Blizzard actually read this??

Last edited:
Level 2
Some things that i dream:

1) Key for pick ALL combat units (no matter how much you have)
2) Posibility of create an IA with 4 heroes or more
3) Posibility of create an IA capable of handle boats

4) More slots for players (14 or 15)
5) Extend the playable map size (bigger maps)

6) posibility to have more of 4 races (picked from custom game menu)
7) posibility to have more of 4 ui screen
8) some way of give orders to an allied IA

edit: forget something: 9) Posibility to play coperative custom campaings

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
2) Posibility of create an IA with 4 heroes or more
You mean an AI. This is an English site.

What is stopping this currently? Is there a hard coded limit in the naitves?

3) Posibility of create an IA capable of handle boats
If they could back port some of the logic from StarCraft II it might work as the AI there can handle islands. Even if they end up not using boats and instead goblin zeppelins it is better than nothing.

4) More slots for players (14 or 15)
5) Extend the playable map size (bigger maps)
Unlikely to ever happen. Especially the bigger maps as the current 480*480 already push the game beyond its limits and perform extremely poorly. More players is also unlikely to happen due to performance reasons.

Level 2
AI Editor only allow to set 3 heros.

I know most of thing are unlikely to ever happen. But i choose to have big dreams, its a way of life.

Reactions: pyf

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Just like GUI triggers do not allow one to declare local variables that integrate with other variables.

I am asking if the 3 hero limit is hard coded into the JASS AI natives or if it is just an artificial limit applied by the GUI editor. Like the GUI trigger editor, the GUI AI editor also compiles to a JASS script on saving.

Level 12

I know most of thing are unlikely to ever happen. But i choose to have big dreams, its a way of life.

Apparently JASS AI can fulfill your dreams. The base melee AI scripts have this function:

JASS:
function PickMeleeHero takes race raceid returns integer
    local integer first
    local integer second
    local integer third
    local integer last
    local integer array heroes

//------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if raceid == RACE_HUMAN then
        set heroes[1] = ARCHMAGE
        set heroes[2] = MTN_KING
        set heroes[3] = PALADIN
        set heroes[4] = BLOOD_MAGE

elseif raceid == RACE_ORC then
        set heroes[1] = BLADE_MASTER
        set heroes[2] = FAR_SEER
        set heroes[3] = TAUREN_CHIEF
        set heroes[4] = SHADOW_HUNTER

elseif raceid == RACE_NIGHTELF then
        set heroes[1] = DEMON_HUNTER
        set heroes[2] = KEEPER
        set heroes[3] = MOON_BABE
        set heroes[4] = WARDEN

elseif raceid == RACE_UNDEAD then
        set heroes[1] = DEATH_KNIGHT
        set heroes[2] = DREAD_LORD
        set heroes[3] = LICH
        set heroes[4] = CRYPT_LORD
    else
        set hero_id = 0
    endif

if VersionCompatible(VERSION_FROZEN_THRONE) then
        set last = 4
    else
        set last = 3
    endif

set first  = GetRandomInt(1,last)
    set second = GetRandomInt(1,last-1)
    set third  = GetRandomInt(1,last-2)

set hero_id        = heroes[first]
    set heroes[first]  = heroes[last]
    set hero_id2       = heroes[second]
    set heroes[second] = heroes[last-1]
    set hero_id3       = heroes[third]

return hero_id
endfunction

you can create a similar function and use it to pick a melee hero in anyway you like.

Level 12
@LordDz i like to use the tools that blizzard has provided :)

@Nowow lot of years ago i tried to open that file with the AI Editor, i get some error mensage

You can open the melee ai scripts with any old notepad and edit it from there. I suggest trying to create something with JASS AI, since the AI editor extremely restrictive and generally is more confusing than useful (at least for me).

Level 25
It is trash though... This is not SC2.
121195-Littlefinger-cheers-gif-Imgur-uKnT.gif

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It may be but I for instance don't have that much time to die learning SCII's (+other annoyances like the EULA). Love SCII as much as you want but spare us the fandom.
And what does this have to do with using JASS directly to bypass the crap GUI editors in WorldEdit? Nothing stops you using notepad (or Mac equivalent) to write an AI script...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
And what does this have to do with using JASS directly to bypass the crap GUI editors in WorldEdit? Nothing stops you using notepad (or Mac equivalent) to write an AI script...
Sure, for people who actually know something about that. I fancy the GUI because it's for idiots like me.
I've nothing against upgrading the World Editor but at least keep the good ol' stuff there too.

Level 4
ahm i right here?

recently faced another issue, don't know if it's known:
in the World Editor Sound Editor, when you import a sound & say use sound, you see the sound length in milliseconds. when you remove this sound again from use and import & import another sound with another length, but with the same name, the milliseconds length of that new sound is exactly the same milliseconds length of the old sound. tried it several times with different sound files, just named identically & the milliseconds always stayed the same. as soon as i changed 1 letter, the milliseconds also changed. i guess it is an internal problem with not setting a variable to new imported sounds when they have identical names to sounds imported & removed again. so, nothing big, but just faulty...

Level 14
My wishlist for Blizzard to fix is a bug concerning Blight on maps bigger than 256x256, whereas structures requiring blight won't be able to be built inside blight except for the bottom right side of the map, this ocurrs when trying to make a terrain larger than 256x256, and attempting to build undead buildings (An Altar of Darkness over blight for example) on the top left side of the map, for example.

wc3scrnshot_071016_022651_0-jpg.242631

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My wishlist for Blizzard to fix is a bug concerning Blight on maps bigger than 256x256, whereas structures requiring blight won't be able to be built inside blight except for the bottom right side of the map, this ocurrs when trying to make a terrain larger than 256x256, and attempting to build undead buildings (An Altar of Darkness over blight for example) on the top left side of the map, for example.
There is a reason World Edit does not natively support maps bigger than 256*256...

Level 14
There is a reason World Edit does not natively support maps bigger than 256*256...
Plenty of features are not natively supported by vanilla Warcraft, yet we still wish to have them fixed by following patches, such as the save exploit. Besides, Blizzard has hoped to bring in hotfixes that benefit modders since 1.27 came out, so I don't see it out of the box to wish they fix another one too

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think ring of protection +3 is not as good as tailsman of evasion. Evasion is better. I think ring of protection + 4 or +5 should have lower level equal to that of evasion.
Ring of protection +3 (assuming it adds 3 armor) increases effective HP for attack damage by 18%. Talisman of evasion (assuming it adds 15% evasion) increases effective HP for attack damage by 17.6%. Ring of protection armor stacks so multiple helps. Talisman of evasion multiplies current effective HP, including armor) unlike more armor which is only additive toughness and as such will generally add more toughness as long as the hero has any armor. Talisman of evasion does not stack, it also is useless on a high level Pandarian Brewmaster or Demon Hunter as the evasion passives overwrite it at high levels. Talisman of evasion is also random, and so it may or may not reduce damage when it matters based on chance.

Level 16
Ring of protection +3 (assuming it adds 3 armor) increases effective HP for attack damage by 18%. Talisman of evasion (assuming it adds 15% evasion) increases effective HP for attack damage by 17.6%. Ring of protection armor stacks so multiple helps. Talisman of evasion multiplies current effective HP, including armor) unlike more armor which is only additive toughness and as such will generally add more toughness as long as the hero has any armor. Talisman of evasion does not stack, it also is useless on a high level Pandarian Brewmaster or Demon Hunter as the evasion passives overwrite it at high levels. Talisman of evasion is also random, and so it may or may not reduce damage when it matters based on chance.
but what does being stackable has to do with being equally good. lol. I think the fact tailsman of evasion works good with all ring of protections make him better than all of them. it can even be as good as +5 or even more (you know what let me calculate now)

upload_2017-6-16_3-34-18.png

why?

Level 1
I've read some rumours that blizzard might balance something in reign of chaos?

Please, be very careful if you are going to touch ROC, it doesn't need any major balancing to ruin the game and make it tft like.

Only real changes could be forwarder towards night elves expanding, it is way too easy and hard to counter.

But please, do not touch the experience gains, towers, armor types/attack types.

Thank you very much, if you even bothered to read.

Level 14
Same issues as with blight applies for Root ability on nelven buildings. What i would like to see is player cap raised to like 15, it would be handy on roleplaying maps, others would find in nice too. They also could add colours people want from WC2 or something. Ofcourse if wc3 engine allows that, i have no idea what exact limit is, but game has 14 forces including the neutral and hostile so....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ofcourse if wc3 engine allows that, i have no idea what exact limit is, but game has 14 forces including the neutral and hostile so....
WC3 already has 16 players, just 4 of them are reserved neutrals of sort. StarCraft II fixed this problem by making slots more flexible so there 14 and I think even 15 player games are possible.

Level 14
Well only hostile and neutral are needed are 2. Everything else could be potentially(with some cahnges and fixes so it doesnt cause issues) be used for player slots.
Aside of that tho, can we have that native replay updater that you used once in 1.27? I mean came on, nothing has changed that would break the replays, every unit and spell values are still the same. Blizz could also make some kind of unit stat library for replay purposes that would just load proped sets for certain update, if you come around changing anything. Which Blizz didnt do yet, i want to browse my older replays without jumping around to different version by myself. If it was possible once why not update them again?

Another thing to add would be switch between Archives and Chatlog in replays. It would be handy in several cases and would be rather easy to implement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.