• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.21b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The last patch was a No-CD patch, it was gonna be part of this new patch, but this patch took a little longer. This new patch is mostly about balance in melee.

Level 3
Theres more to the no CD thing.

If you enable your map hack on Battle.net, your game will crash. Woot! No more Map Hackers! Even with the New Map Hacks out, it does not work. Which is great. If your in-game or in the Menu looking for games, if you hit back, POP! An error shows up. Someone told me that when you use Map Hack, you have extra Numbers in your I.P Address. So my theory to what the Patch does it that is detects those extra numbers and kicks you out. Im not really sure if the Extra Numbers thing is real or not. I used to use Map Hack against people i hate lol. Now i cannot.

But the Bright side, you cannot map hack on games like Sheep Tag, Tree, or "Murder in the Mansion". (Which using Map Hack will let you pwn in the game)

Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];573737 said:
Instead of telling us what they are planning, couldn't you maybe tell us what the patch will do, which people just so happen to care more about?

How the fuck I'm supposed to know what they are planning? Do I look like Karune to you? These are the messages he posted on the Battle.Net forum. If you're not happy about that, go whine to him, you thankless wretch.

Level 17
How the fuck I'm supposed to know what they are planning? Do I look like Karune to you? These are the messages he posted on the Battle.Net forum. If you're not happy about that, go whine to him, you thankless wretch.

What you posted is what they make plans to do, therefore you are posting what they are planning.

Don't turn this into a flamewar.

P.S. SanD suck.

Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];579007 said:
What you posted is what they make plans to do, therefore you are posting what they are planning.

Don't turn this into a flamewar.

P.S. SanD suck.

Why are you telling me that Sand suck? It's none of my business seriously and it's totally irrelevant to what we're talking about here.
You asked me what they will do, I replied that I don't know what they are planning to do about the content (I thought you understood that) and not what they're planning to do about the situation of the patch which is what Karune posted on Battle.Net.

I believe I'm still being on topic. 1.21 is out but 1.22 will be out soon so I'm just posting about 1.22 here till it comes out.
And brad.dude03, you want this to be kept flame free, but you're contributing to it too with STFU and GTFO. I also don't recall any previous clash with Kaitech. So why do you get tired with both of us.

Last edited:
Level 36
I get tired of both of you seperately. Each of you have individual problems that do not help the situation, least of all when clashing. I have absolutely zero tolerance for crap, and you stepped the line.

I'm just telling it the way it is. Both of you need to shut up about your petty crap, get on topic, or you can get out of this thread.

It's as easy as that.

Level 12
v1.22

Uh, so are they going to *fix* the melee games, so people have strong competition again, or is the actual patch the one that bugged it up in the first place?

Somebody's post on another thread (something about DotA players being noobs because melee is bugged) spoke of the melee games being completely f*cked up, and players could never get far above +55% wins, nor could they ever find any good competition

I seriously hope that the new patch fixes this problem, I kinda noticed the ridiculousness, and I suck at melee games

Level 8
I get tired of both of you seperately. Each of you have individual problems that do not help the situation, least of all when clashing. I have absolutely zero tolerance for crap, and you stepped the line.

I'm just telling it the way it is. Both of you need to shut up about your petty crap, get on topic, or you can get out of this thread.

It's as easy as that.

My discussion with Kaitech was on topic. We were talking about patch 1.22.
Unless you think patch 1.22 should not be related in any way to 1.21.

And if you want more on topic stuffs here it is for Kaitech so he can stop whining:

Karune said himself there will be new bnet features but he didn't say what they will be. (I believe these new features will be for Starcraft 2)
It's possible that the ancient AMM will be restored.
Human tower repair rates are on top of the balance list.
The patch is taking long, I believe something big is coming with it.

Level 4
Theres more to the no CD thing.

If you enable your map hack on Battle.net, your game will crash. Woot! No more Map Hackers! Even with the New Map Hacks out, it does not work. Which is great. If your in-game or in the Menu looking for games, if you hit back, POP! An error shows up. Someone told me that when you use Map Hack, you have extra Numbers in your I.P Address. So my theory to what the Patch does it that is detects those extra numbers and kicks you out. Im not really sure if the Extra Numbers thing is real or not. I used to use Map Hack against people i hate lol. Now i cannot.

But the Bright side, you cannot map hack on games like Sheep Tag, Tree, or "Murder in the Mansion". (Which using Map Hack will let you pwn in the game)

Not true. :sad:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1337D00D, the person who posted that had no idea what he was talking about. Only a few changes on the map hack program were needed for it to work again which is only a few minutes work if you have the uncompiled text of the program. I do not think blizzard will be adding anti map hack soon, if ever to WC3 as there is no real need as melee games automatically have anti maphack (to a degree) in them.

Level 8
There's no doubt that they will release it.
I pity the humans. They're getting nerfed.
Perhaps there will be an announcement of a new hero during April's Fool... Or the release of Starcraft Ghost XD.

Level 8
Patch 1.22

Loads of people are unhappy with the changes of patch 1.22. I'm not sure if it's April's Fools or not, here's the patch changes anyway.
April 1st, 2008 - The Dev Team is ready to launch the public test servers today.

Westfall Test Server - When players select the PTR in their server list, they will then be able to log in and update their client to patch 1.22. When players select a different server, their client will automatically patch back to 1.21b.

[waiting for server live confirmation from development]

April 1st, 2008 - Unfortunately, there has been last minute issues that will prevent the patch from going live on public test servers today. I understand the overwhelming excitement to get into the PTR server to test the new patch and have no desire to give you news of the patch's delay. Nonetheless, I would like to remind everyone that we are almost there and I will continue to give you updates on the patch's progress.

The first question I am already working on is how long the delay is. The updates on this will be posted here when I find out:
http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-general&t=1877805&s=new&tmp=1#new

The second question you probably have is why the patch didn't go live today. Here is reason from our Producer, "At the last minute we found a problem with the patch which could break the installs of a small percentage of users." Again, they are only working to make sure the testing and final patch goes smoothly as well as betters your current gameplay experience of Warcraft III.

Please be patient as there will be more updates. Please also keep discussion about the Patch Notes.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

Level 12
haha

Yeah, thats a little odd....

I wish they took warcraft further, instead of WoW, but WoW is making them a f*ckload more money than they ever made with Warcraft3

I suppose the future of wc3 is WarSoc?

Level 12
Mmm

Yeah, I don't know any half-decent maps made in GUI, cept maybe risks, but they really aren't that impressive

Level 12
@HappyTauren - Tell me about it ><

@Kaitech[SanD] - you probably could make an "ok" map in GUI, cept it would take much longer, and alot of systems wouldn't be able to be used (ones that need to use locals), and many others would become far more inefficient

Level 12
No

Technically, custom script = jass, and you don't use locals for multiboards, just regular globals

Status
Not open for further replies.