• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft 2-the return of the chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
That's one of my favourite quotes ever in wc :D
I recognized the landscape of the original mission's start point with the pic you posted. ;)

The barrack and one of the farm is still in the wrong place.
but this is really the starting place.
Tomorrow I'm doing it for a better screenshot.

you should use some things from the scars of conflict resource pack

It still ask Viktor, but this package can be downloaded for everyone?

this looks epic to the max, i love the screens you took the terraining looks decent, i also like the idea and ive only seen 1 or 2 campaigns like this so, not original but im guessing this will be awesome, anyway i like the buildings you have so far they look like warcraft 2 for sure :D anyway good luck and when you get a bit farther maybe send me a beta test i would love to try it out and let you know how i think it is (btw im a warcraft lore fanatic so if you need help on that aspect lemme know) +repping the team for making more warcraft lore in wc3 =)

Thanks for your comment. :thumbs_up:
Unfortunately, the beta test is still a bit far away.
We are grateful for all help.Later there will be some pictures in my album.

Level 7
hy

A sort post

Sorry about i can't write too many. My grandfather has broken his leg, and he is 85 year old so he isn't very well. And I'm so tired :S. But no matters i worked in the champaing so about the news:
- new models. Some from soc pack but there are some exclusive models for example: ogre. ogre mage, peon, troll axethrover and berserker
- selection reduced to 9 looks like in wc 2. thank sou Perenolde for this.
-new map
and much more
I will upload some picture
Thank you the interest, and sorry about it again.

Answers:
Mg hetedik: I send you immediatly a pm
Takakenji: Yes, i have alredy the pack, but thank you
marine: Thank you the interest, if there anything matter about the lore i will ask you :) I'm lore fan too so there will be more lorish project from me ;)

Level 5
marine: Thank you the interest, if there anything matter about the lore i will ask you :) I'm lore fan too so there will be more lorish project from me ;)

ok, cool yah i can help out and its great you know the lore to now you wont need help anyway i repped the team like i said and i cant wait to see the updates you guys post :grin: this campaign looks amazing to say the least, wc2 brings back some old memories :cool:

Level 7
New sreenshots !
Dun Algaz the real starting point. :grin:

Attachments

• Dunalgazstart2.JPG
    Dunalgazstart2.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Dunalgazstart.JPG
    Dunalgazstart.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 851
  • DunalgazOrcs.JPG
    DunalgazOrcs.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,502
Level 5
hmm it is warcraft 2 which was flat, and i think that added to the old school ness of the 2d game, terrain shoudnt really matter in this kinda game it should bring back memories of being the 2d sprited game we all enjoyed and loved so much, anyway guys im still creeping the thread and i think you're doing an amazing job so far, good luck :D , for more effect maybe add some hills and trees with some rocks and bushes should help out a bit for everyone complaining about the flat terrain. and if you guys need another terrain to reduce the flat level, let me know

Level 7
Flat terrain is flat D:

The terrain is not flat, the pictures are bad, perhaps I did, but the terrain is not flat.
There are no huge mountains, but sometimes there are some small hills.
The fog effect is not turn on, this is my fault.
Here is a picture of what it looks like a small hill, and even fog.
...but this is not the final version, as Lord says.

...for more effect maybe add some hills and trees with some rocks and bushes...
There are plants, but Victor said not to use too much enviroments,
because it so closely resembles the original game.

Attachments

• HillsandFog.JPG
    HillsandFog.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 519
Level 20
hmm it is warcraft 2 which was flat, and i think that added to the old school ness of the 2d game, terrain shoudnt really matter in this kinda game it should bring back memories of being the 2d sprited game we all enjoyed and loved so much

i had the same idea but a lot of people complained about this aspect of the game and i hence had to add details to the ground(also in some mission i did put moonrays or rain as well). The result is pretty good and without changing too much the original game concept it makes it nicely playable with wc3.

Level 7
Well still, the terrain doesn't have terrain variation, you could draw inspiration from SoC. If you want, I can terrain up a bit :) (I mean doodad-placing not the whole terrain).

I think that I'm not bad terrain making, a few people like my terrains.
Check out my albums.
Even I can make "cave terrain" too.
but this project does not let me choose what is the terrain.
As I said, " ...because it so closely resembles the original game..."
The original game was a lighter and a darker tile, I just have to make the darker tiles.And replace the specified locations,if Viktor want this.
If you want help something that we are very happy :grin:...but if you have a question to why the terrain :sad: : ask Viktor.

Attachments

• tiles.JPG
    tiles.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,224
Level 7
well i have plan about it with two version of the champaings. One "Classic edition" with the original terrain and everything. And a "Welcome to the new age" with improved terrain and some more. But it still is only in my brain, and i have to speak it with my team :)

Level 5
good idea, then people wont complain anyway , your still doing a great job hurry up though i cant wait to play me some wc2 in wc3, hopefully even before sc2 comes out, cause when thats released ooo boy am i playing that game up 24/7

Level 6
Viktor, are you planning on using the SoC model/Icon pack for this project? They look just like the WC2 unit models only 3D. I would recommend it as we can't let that awesome pack go to waste. However, they didn't make the buildings, but as you probably already know RedX has made a lot of those already. I'm just saying because your project is the only WC2 project still alive right now. I just think it would be good to take the SoC team's model/Icon pack and use it for this project. We just can't let their work go to waste.

Although, I don't know if your team has already made their own models...

Level 7
And a "Welcome to the new age" with improved terrain and some more. But it still is only in my brain, and i have to speak it with my team :)

It seem interesting. :wink:

Yeah!! Warcraft II rules!! I wish you finish the map soon, good luck !!
(There is a lot of WC II model in Hiveworksshop but.. can you tell me where did you get the humans barracks???)

Thanks !
Another website we found this model.

Viktor, are you planning on using the SoC model/Icon pack for this project? ...

I do not know,we whether to use these models.
We talk about this.
It is possible that we need more terrainers in the team,but we need to talk about yet.

Level 7
JimBob: Yes I alredy use some of the model. Not at all but for example knigth and transport i use. The icons: No i won't use them in. I want to use the original warcraft 2 icons. Or maybe just in the welcome to the new ageish version.

Other: Thanks all of you.

Level 7
That's team color

Ok ! is good :wink:
I tried to made a skin, it was used in the model and one another skin./and a small change./
I thought something like this dress...
but your "face skin" is much better +REP for this :wink:

Attachments

• Alleria.jpg
    Alleria.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9,074
  • Alleria2.jpg
    Alleria2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,823
  • AlleriaPortrai.jpg
    AlleriaPortrai.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Level 7
Retard fool. I have got this "stupid game" But this is a remake stupid. But you are only a troll, and just try to irritate me.

Level 24
Ok so you have the game and still you want to play an even worse ver that is put up on hive? Good work you retarded asshole you know the thing that is inside your head betwen your ears it is suposed to be used

Level 7
Man are you stupyd? Do you know what mean reamke? And do you know that the warcraft 2 is a 2D game? And do you know that the warcraft 3 is a 3D game? and Do you know that a lot of man want to play warcraft 2 IN 3D. Be banned from battle.net. Congratulation, i think this happened because you are so retard to don't try to irritate everybody you can find. But you know.

Ok of all retarded Ideas this is the worst if you so much want to play an Wc2 map go buy the stupid game instead spending hours after hours making 1 you retarded assholes!

Ok so you have the game and still you want to play an even worse ver that is put up on hive? Good work you retarded asshole you know the thing that is inside your head betwen your ears it is suposed to be used

Really man, grow the fuck up, and get off the internet, you fail at life, and suck at trolling. You say that they don't use their brains, but it seems to me, if you did, you would not be making such comments.

Now grow the fuck up, and drop em. Maybe then you will learn to respect others.

Level 20
Ok of all retarded Ideas this is the worst if you so much want to play an Wc2 map go buy the stupid game instead spending hours after hours making 1 you retarded assholes!

I got wc1 too but i made a remake for people like me who wanted to see how much bright and nice would be an old great game brought back to life in wc3. People may find new value in playing it if they didn't have chance with the first or if they just think the wc1 interface was boring. I made that proj alone, and it didn't took hours after hours, nor days after days or months after months, it took YEARS! Do not blame viktor's audacity, cuz people already blame you for your uselessness. One day he'll have satisfactions for this, beside real life's ones.

Level 24
I've got the original Warcraft 2 bought in.....1996 (yes, probably you weren't even born stupid troll). Anyway I've downloaded that pack and that's awesome, but I don't like grunt and troll skin, too cartonish.
You talk about buying War2 in 1996 like you know a great deal about it, and surely you know such a thing as the style in which the graphics are drawn, which is, of course, cartoonish.

Level 7
Hey Linaze !
I'm glad to see you again,welcome back.
Perhaps you'll find some of this useful.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/scars-conflict-resource-pack-168307/
There's an Alleria there, too.
Thank you,we still deciding which one to use.
Hey Victor maybe you find this usefull :
http://xgm.ru/tag/warcraft-2?&title=%CA%E0%E7%E0%F0%EC%FB%20%CE%F0%E4%FB
Also the XGm team of Warcraft3 Tides of darkness has made some other awsome resurouces :
Troll
Footman
Grunt
Maybe they will give you some of them.
There is another's wc2 projects on that website./xgm/ :
--Beyond the Dark Portal --
The models also look good, but there is no news about the projects.
oh god i nostalgia'd
good luck on this, it will be epic
Thanks man :thumbs_up:

-other things-

We discussed,and we decided.
Well ,We would need more terrainers./at least one man/
if someone is interested contact me, either here in the forum.

Level 7
well i don't have time because of the school, i always go home in 15 o clock and i have a lot of homework. when i complete with them i'm too tired to do sg :S. But in the middle of november i will have time finally. Luckily tuday one of my teacher was ill so i could go home earlier.

Level 7
really.
Every body working in it, just we dont have time for news too. School, work and more probels don't help us in the easy work. Osama working on the ai, Mghetedik still improve the terrains, i'm thinking about the oil resurce, i'm planning something but it won't be easy.
And i started to think about the new version with the improved terrain, more character etc. It will end with the story wath hapenned with the surviver heroes(ner'zhul, cho'gal, Terron(well he isn't survived but his spirit is and he will wait), Kadghar etc.) There will fameous characters but there will some i think you havent know about them much yet. There will some only champaign unit. and one map a complete only champaign playable race (somebody will remember about a great moment of the warcraft universum)
anything about a died project again?

Level 7
Why don't you add more information about this campaign? I can see from the name that this is custom campaign because Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness was the original name. Use the BB code to make a better information/description. And add all the screenshots in one place so everyone to look on one place. I love the snow skins! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.