• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Tides of Frozen Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Preview.jpg

The past meets the present. v1.1

Greetings! And welcome to Warcraft: Tides of Frozen Chaos. After much work, I am proud to release this short demo of my upcoming campaign. What is it, you may ask? Warcraft: Tides of Frozen Chaos is a complete conversion of Warcraft 2, for Warcraft 3 (there are a lot of these out there, huh?). This campaign is currently for the Humans, and the counterpart will be created after final release.

~Background~

Originally, the project began back in January of 2009. After a month of work on unit data, triggers and terrain, it was almost ready for a release. However I became dis-interested in the project and it effectively died after I deleted everything related to the project. Months later, in October, I began again and worked slowly on the project, constantly going back and fixing things. Now, two years after I first began, I'm ready once again for a demo release.

While this project will not fully replicate WC2 due to some game engine restraints, key features and items from WC2 will be present to give as much immersion as possible. The goal of the project is to combine fun features and story from WC2 with the graphical, sound and gameplay of WC3 to provide a satisfactory experience for those who are brave enough to delve into it.

This is by no means an "original" idea, as it's been attempted by people since 2005, or even before. And while other campaigns which wish to do the same as mine are released, they are greatly welcomed. The more choice for the player, the better. That said, this campaign has been created solely by myself. Terrain, unit data, triggers, cinematics, sound replacement, spells, upgrades, loading screens/images* and certain icons. Time and work has been put into the campaign, and while it may not be perfect and awe-inspiring, it is with much hope that you enjoy the demo and support the work to a final, full campaign for us all to enjoy.

*A huge thank you to my girlfriend for creating all loading screens and preview images for the campaign. <3

~Features~

New interface and sound system.
New models.
Oil resource system (not yet implemented).
Naval combat.

All of the models and sounds used to create this campaign were created by the following people. All thanks and credits go to them.

Red XIII
TheSecretArts
AnemicRoyalty
Mc!
Scars of Conflict resource pack
Holy_Humane
Tranquil
Sunchips
Kitabatake
Mechanical Man
Mephestrial
Blizzard

v1.1: Fixed numerous bugs and errors.
Moved the gold mines in Hillsbrad and Tarren Mill closer to the Town Hall.
Fixed Grunt acquisition range and unit sight.
Selection sizes adjusted.
Fixed triggers for Mission One and Two.

v1.0: Initial release.

~Screenshots~

Introduction cinematic:

Screenshot 1.jpeg

A look at the quest menu:

Screenshot 2.jpeg

Building a Farm:

Screenshot 4.jpeg

Fighting to free captured Elves:

Screenshot 5.jpeg

Elven Destroyers fight Troll Destroyers:

Screenshot 6.jpeg

A look at the substitute oil system (with Oil Tanker and Oil Platform):

Screenshot 7.jpeg

Last edited:
Level 9
I have to say that your map has the feel of Wc2.I played The first three maps of Wc2 before this,and it is near-perfect.

And PLEASE IMPLEMENT OIL!I have not seen that in so many wc2 remakes..please do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.