• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft 2-the return of the chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hy

NEWS

in the warcraft 2's snow maps, the top of the buildings cover snow. So we do this. This snows only see in the snow maps.é Skins made by MG hetedik. It's still WIP, it will be better :).
Pictures in the attachement

Attachments

• Snowbase.jpg
    Snowbase.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 742
  • Snowbase3.jpg
    Snowbase3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,339
  • Snowbase4.jpg
    Snowbase4.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 9,154
  • Snowbase2.jpg
    Snowbase2.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 10,967
Level 17
hy

NEWS

in the warcraft 2's snow maps, the top of the buildings cover snow. So we do this. This snows only see in the snow maps.é Skins made by MG hetedik. It's still WIP, it will be better :).
Pictures in the attachement
, cool detail and looks good. I don't know if the terrain is still WIP but you need to improve that a bit, it's a bit plain atm.

Level 2
"Hell, it's about time."

Well I've been asked by many people to join, so I might as well. My map-making and voice talents are yours. My map for you guys is a Human/Elves vs. Trolls map, with rescuable Elven troops and a full Troll base, and also the legendary Alleria Windrunner is at your command. I'll send it to you guys soon :)

Oh, and I've been on a LOOOONG break.

Level 2
Hmm....do you need some new skins? I have a classic Peasant skin I'm making, along with a Dwarven Demolition Team model I'm working on, using the Goblin Sappers as a model base, with some Dwarven Rifleman mixed in. I've also been working on Khadgar and Grom. Along with that, I have tons of Melee Maps that I've made that I'd be happy to fix up to WC2 - The Return of Chaos standards. Anyways, my map will be sent to you once I finish the trees and terrain.

Level 7
how many maps are created?

I finished 5 map terrain.Now I work in the sixth map.

how about converting war2 maps (only terrain) with Zepir War3 map editor? Or you'll do it from scratch? Anyway here's the link in this site:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/zepirs-war3-map-editor-1-0-a-62889/

You have to have war2 puds to convert them into war3maps

I do not use any program, I only use warcraft3 editor.
Thank you, but I do not need this program.

Level 5
Not to denigrate your hard work, as I'm sure you'll do a good job, but I am wondering what the point of making another WC2 map from scratch is?

One was just released a couple of weeks ago in the map database and StrategyMaster made a very complete one a couple of years ago. Why not combine your efforts with theirs? It'd be a whole lot less work.

Also, something I don't understand. Why are you using custom models for WC2 units that Blizzard already designed for the WC3 universe? Some of those custom models in your screenshots look a lot less professional and actually remind me less of WC2 than their WC3 counterparts.

Think of it this way: The WC3 townhall/keep/castle is the 3-d realization of the 2-d art Blizzard designed for WC2. The basic concept is the same, but the advancing technology called for different designs.

Level 20
Also, something I don't understand. Why are you using custom models for WC2 units that Blizzard already designed for the WC3 universe? Some of those custom models in your screenshots look a lot less professional and actually remind me less of WC2 than their WC3 counterparts.

Think of it this way: The WC3 townhall/keep/castle is the 3-d realization of the 2-d art Blizzard designed for WC2. The basic concept is the same, but the advancing technology called for different designs.

Hey, do you know i was wondering the same things just yesterday? Using wc3 models instead of a purely remade wc2 ones saves you also a lot of space for maps, boys.
You can also leave female archers instead of custom made male ones(i would use them to differ from "always male units" wc2 canon. You only have to search for custom made female rangers in that case. As it would be for footmen, knights(i got a "golden glowing eyes" one to fit for paladin if you like), griffins, flying machine and so on.

Level 5
True, it will be less distinctive. But why try to be distinct for its own sake? I don't see the point.

If the WC3 models did not fit the atmosphere of the WC2 world, then I could see a valid reason to remake them. However, I do see a reason NOT to distinguish the map from WC3: many of those custom models look flat-out unprofessional.

Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but I think many of the WC3 models "feel" right for WC2.

Level 20
Then it would be not a Warcraft 2 remake, but simply "war 2 campaigns with war3 engine".

Yeah, that was my intention in doing the wc1 remake. It is a remake because all levels, AI, stats, spells, sounds, tech and spelltree are the same as the old wc1; but as i described, it is done in the wc3 engine for the purpose. I didn't use a lot of custom models for the buildings, neither for units, but the effect was nice anyway ;)

Level 6
especially the horde should be remade....OLD HORDE RULES. there is no comparison between war2 and war3 horde. Orcs in war2 cinematics were more evil, savage, brutal than their war3 counterparts (ok they were influenced by burning legions, but they were cooler anyay). the same goes for trolls, ogres, goblin and other creatures

Level 20
He can use warsong grunts for the purpose. They truly represent the horde in wc2, not ogres or trolls. That's why i liked wc1 the more than wc2, because it was pure middle age with a spark of fantasy. Wc2 is tooooo hella fantasy, and multiracial too xD i mean:
Humans: Peasants, footmen, knights, mages, battleships.
Orcs: Peons, Grunts......then?? lol, neither (ogre)Juggernauts were orc xD
I liked Raiders much more than ogres.

Anyway guys, keep up this gj! Viktor, i'm here for any help, remember! ;)

Level 7
Is Dun Algaz the first mission where you can train Knights? Or that's Dun Modr?

Yes it is ! :wink:
Briefing: Dun Algaz
"Following their defeat at Dun Modr, the Orcs were forced to retreat south, across the Thandol Valley to a secondary outpost at Dun Algaz. Lord Lothar, hoping to push the Orcs even further back into Khaz Modan, has ordered that you destroy this newly discovered encampment. To aid you in your mission, you will be able to employ Knights who are eager to engage the Horde in glorious battle. "

Level 5
this looks epic to the max, i love the screens you took the terraining looks decent, i also like the idea and ive only seen 1 or 2 campaigns like this so, not original but im guessing this will be awesome, anyway i like the buildings you have so far they look like warcraft 2 for sure :D anyway good luck and when you get a bit farther maybe send me a beta test i would love to try it out and let you know how i think it is (btw im a warcraft lore fanatic so if you need help on that aspect lemme know) +repping the team for making more warcraft lore in wc3 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.