• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft 2-the return of the chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
good to see you guys alive, looking forward for more updates

i was planning on getting the oil tankers going today but this happend :(
WC3ScrnShot_011411_112133_01.jpg

as you may or may not know oil tankers are not ment to be on land or using gold mines :(
Edit: i think i have found out the problem but am not 100% sure

Level 7
with its the main problem is that its think the return resurches abilities (the custome one and the old one) as the same even a edited the custome one. So it will try to go to the town hall instead of shipyard. it can be make some interesedted glitch(i saw this glitch in other projects andevery map where they tried to make it) its start rotating betwen the town hall and the shipyard. So the clue is to try the ai know the diference betwen the town hall and shipyard(i don't know how to because i can't write ai yet)
Debode: ok, i saw that ballista in your mod page, thats nice too will that be included in the pack?

Level 4
with its the main problem is that its think the return resurches abilities (the custome one and the old one) as the same even a edited the custome one. So it will try to go to the town hall instead of shipyard. it can be make some interesedted glitch(i saw this glitch in other projects andevery map where they tried to make it) its start rotating betwen the town hall and the shipyard. So the clue is to try the ai know the diference betwen the town hall and shipyard(i don't know how to because i can't write ai yet)
Debode: ok, i saw that ballista in your mod page, thats nice too will that be included in the pack?
i stoped them from spawning on land but they still target the goldmine even if u plant a oil platform next to them

Level 7
hy all

i gladly tell you that we found our modeler: takakenji
welcome to the project :D

also we created something that will be realy interested for you alls i think, and nobody made it yet. It has only one little problem and when we solve it, i will make a big update in the project thread :) so sooner or later, you will see it.

Level 9
hy all

i gladly tell you that we found our modeler: takakenji
welcome to the project :D

also we created something that will be realy interested for you alls i think, and nobody made it yet. It has only one little problem and when we solve it, i will make a big update in the project thread :) so sooner or later, you will see it.

Good to hear can't wait to see what that might be
I assume It's
Wc2 Dragon ?

Level 4
Good to hear can't wait to see what that might be
I assume It's
Wc2 Dragon ?

how dare you spoil it for me!
@ osama, are you using gui or common ai scripts to make ai? Because i did a custom ai in my old wc1 remake using gui. Let me know this point so i can see if i can help you.
i use gui as i like it better :)

Level 3
...or maybe not. Players haven't the habit of training and commanding Red Dragons since they're mercenary units.
But remember that in Warcraft 2 the Dragons where green with team colored hair
index.php
[/url][/IMG] So maybe a reskin of a green dragon may or may not work just a thought

Level 7
sorry Perenolde, but i won't save up any size :p. I have free space enugh, i think everybody will have, if we give them a correct total remake with:terrain,music,models, campaign, systems. For me its the total remake of the warcraft 2. Because we don't make it for multiplayer, it won't lagg too. Well i planning a multiplayer mode to, where i won't import any custom thing, just the systems(advanced build,oil and more).

Foxy: he mean that in the lore they red dragons but in warcraft 2 they have green skin. The same with deathwing, he is a black dragon but he have a normal dragon model.

Level 9
sorry Perenolde, but i won't save up any size :p. I have free space enugh, i think everybody will have, if we give them a correct total remake with:terrain,music,models, campaign, systems. For me its the total remake of the warcraft 2. Because we don't make it for multiplayer, it won't lagg too.

same thing that I was about to mention :p
Single player campaigns do have the advantage of having infinite custom stuff

Level 49
What do you mean? :S You can run maps as big as you want anytime they're single player. We're not talking about multiplayer/Battle.net maps. I'm pretty sure This Wreckage and/or When The Freedom Slips Away are over 4MB or even 8MB(at the time, the B.net limit was 4MB) and they run just fine. No one is talking about Battle.net, but rather the "Single Player --> Custom Map" and "Custom Campaign" features.

Level 20
I have runed a 12 mb map for SP before the extention of the limit from 4 to 8 mb.

Your nick speaks by itself. :p

Are there missions over 8 MB in size? It'll work if the campaign is over 8 MB total, but if one of the maps itself is over 8 MB then it won't run. A slight difference, but there nonetheless, no?

That's my point.

Last edited:
Level 6
This model was created by Blinkboy for Warcraft2 2nd generation mod (defunct from some yars). The potrait is taken by Halduron Brightwing model here at the hive, the maker is inactive from 2008 or 2009 (don't remember exactly), but is correct to credit him anyway, even if the portrait hadn't any change (only applied a different skin). Supertoinkz just fixed the model portrait and works well. Many thanks to him for his help

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I sent him a new oil system awhile ago to, no response there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.