• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict: Resource Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
125qmbn.jpg

29m902b.jpg
Download Now! (15.5 MB)

Scars of Conflict is a WarCraft III campaign based in the time of WarCraft II, otherwise known as the Second War. The campaign is under the leadership of Linaze, with aid from other various people. It was under production for about an year or two now, though it was not very well known during that time and has carried a different name. Only lately, January this year, the campaign has started to show some serious progress. The campaign has been redone numerous times - so no more than three chapters were ever really considered 'complete', if any at all.

During the continuous progress of Scars of Conflict's production, numerous resources has been created exclusively for it. Artists of many sorts have worked hard to create countless models, textures and icons.
Scars of Conflict was highly based on its art. The original intention was to recreate most of WarCraft II's units and possibly buildings. This intention, however, was never fulfilled.

After months of work, after many pauses, after if even just a small part of this big and promising project has been completed, Scars of Conflict has undergone a change of plans; it became an altered melee, and is still under production, although its future is uncertain, because Linaze has taken quite a liking to StarCraft II, and none of us really know if the project will ever be finished.

The resources that have been created with hard work and high motivation are now released, to immortalize the name of Scars of Conflict. Myself and the project's art leader, Mr.Goblin, now release a pack which shall contain all of the project's resources.

Below is all the information you will need as well as the download link to all of the great resources which have been made for Scars of Conflict. Everyone is welcome to use any of the resources included in this pack for their own personal use, although proper credit to the resource's creators must be given. DO NOT credit 'Scars of Conflict' or 'Bloodlust Studios' or even worse, 'Debode' for the resources in the pack. The resource's creators are listed near it, and they are the ones who must be credited

Models:
All of the models listed below were created exclusively for Scars of Conflict by numerous artists. Near each model in the list you can see a small preview of the model as well as an icon made to fit the model and the names of the people who worked on the model.

PreviewModel NameModel by...Fitting IconTexture by...
25k6e4m.jpg
Alleria WindrunnerPyramidhe@d
fd7v4j.jpg
Mr.Goblin
9tlmyd.jpg
Troll AxethrowerDonDustin
16iurll.jpg
Mr.Goblin
2lkp99y.jpg
FootmanDeolrin
b7ayhv.jpg
Mr.Goblin
10mq1pv.jpg
GruntPyramidhe@d, Deolrin
2z8tegl.jpg
Mr.Goblin
fyho3c.jpg
Gryphon RiderPyramidhe@d, DonDustin
xdz8ed.jpg
10n9o29.jpg
Mr.Goblin
2epncj7.jpg
Human BattleshipPyramidhe@d
16m672v.jpg
Blizzard
2ptyrgn.jpg
Human TransportPyramidhe@d
2pru2as.jpg
Blizzard
1zco48h.jpg
KnightPyramidhe@d, Deolrin
6xrqro.jpg
Mr.Goblin
i3xf2w.jpg
Sir Anduin LotharPyramidhe@d
63w03q.jpg
Mr.Goblin
2hckhon.jpg
Mathog of the Blackrock ClanDeolrin, Cavman
r8getz.jpg
Mr.Goblin
1zoxikj.jpg
OgreDeolrin, Fan
5w9ws8.jpg
Mr.Goblin
8xs9on.jpg
PeonDeolrin
33399gy.jpg
Mr.Goblin
14xmbn6.jpg
Troll DestroyerPyramidhe@d
2k5250.jpg
Blizzard, Mr.Goblin
23lfbjl.jpg
Twilight's Hammer BannerDeolrin
2whfkhf.jpg
Blizzard, Mr.Goblin
1ilb35.jpg
PeasantDeolrin
jh4f8i.jpg
Mr.Goblin
t8q0kh.jpg
PaladinPyramidhe@d, Deolrin
erzsyf.jpg
Mr.Goblin
1ht63s.jpg
Ogre MageDeolrin, Fan
e7f7mv.jpg
Mr.Goblin
i27blt.jpg
Dragon RoostDeolrin
eqxm3l.jpg
Mr.Goblin

Textures:
All of the textures listed below were made for Scars of Conflict exclusively, by out talented artist Mr.Goblin. Near each texture, in the list you can see a small preview of the model as well as an icon made to fit the texture and the model which the texture fits and the appropriate path.

Preview ImageTexture NameUnit ReplacedPathFitting Icon
20hwoy1.jpg
Death KnightWhitehorn's WC2 Hero Death KnightDeathKnight.blp
wco9dv.jpg
15f3itc.jpg
MageSorceressUnits\Human\Sorceress\BloodElfSorceress.blp
voaqex.jpg
2zewabd.jpg
DragonGreen DragonTextures\GreenDragon.blpN\A

Icons:
All of the icons listed below were made exclusively for Scars of Conflict by our talented artist, Mr.Goblin.

a1raqd.jpg
Human Ground Unit Armor - Tier 1(Iron Armor)
2mzjngh.jpg
Human Ground Unit Armor - Tier 2(Steel Armor)
2d96169.jpg
Human Ground Unit Armor - Tier 3(Mithril Armor)
2ij3tk3.jpg
Human Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 1(Iron Blades)
2cngqqd.jpg
Huma Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 1 Alternate(Iron Blades)
2b5g74.jpg
Human Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 2(Steel Blades)
2zgemad.jpg
Human Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 3(Mithril Blades)
53mgjr.jpg
Human Ranged Unit Weapons - Tier 1(Iron Arrows)
67o9l5.jpg
Human Ranged Unit Weapons - Tier 2(Iron Arrows)
2ueikuh.jpg
Human Naval Unit Weapons - Tier 1(Bombard Cannons)
vy4end.jpg
Human Naval Unit Weapons - Tier 2(Mortar Cannons)
2ajp9v8.jpg
Human Naval Unit Weapons - Tier 3(Siege Cannons)
2l8vkzm.jpg
Orc Ground Unit Armor - Tier 1(Wood Bucklers)
2h4kbpl.jpg
Orc Ground Unit Armor - Tier 2(Reinforced Bucklers)
2m6v438.jpg
Orc Ground Unit Armor - Tier 3(Dragonsteel Shields)
2cj5sy.jpg
Orc Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 1(Granite Axes)
zn67vt.jpg
Orc Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 2(Arcanite Axes)
rt3gr5.jpg
Orc Melee Unit Weapons - Tier 3(Dragonsteel Axes)
x5o0gw.jpg
Orc Naval Unit Armor - Tier 2(Oak Plating)
24zvt6d.jpg
Orc Naval Unit Armor - Tier 3(Ironwood Plating)
2a8eopg.jpg
Orc Naval Unit Weapons - Tier 1(Crude Cannons)

Out-of-pack Resource Icons:
All of the icons listed below are icons made to be used with resources from external sources which are not included in the pack. Each icon's corresponding resource is stated with the icon, complete with a link.
Icons for in-pack resources are not listed below. Refer to the "Models" section to see a preview of each in-pack resource icon and its corresponding model.
All of the icons listed below were made by the project's lead artist, Mr.Goblin.

Archive Information:
The archive, "SoC Resource Pack.rar", includes four folders and a 1001 x 998 pixels artwork(created by Mr.Goblin to be used as a loading screen and included as a bonus file).
The "Icons" folder contains out-of-pack resource icons in .BLP format organized by their name into folders. Each such folder contains two files: An "active" command button file, "BTN", and a "disabled" command button file, "DISBTN".
The "Models" folder contains model resources, fitting textures and fitting icons. The textures have no path - simply remove the prefix of the path of each texture while importing(For example: "War3MapImported\Grunt.blp" will become "Grunt.blp").
The "Screenshots" folder contains the screenshots which are part of this thread, as well as the model preview thumbnails which were, again, used in this thread.
The "Textures" folder contains doodad textures which were included as a bonus. Each texture comes with a small Readme file which includes the importing path. All textures were made by Mr.Goblin.

Oh, right, and - don't forget that I really didn't contribute that much to this pack at all. If you want to rep someone, please do consider giving rep to Mr.Goblin, DonDustin, Fan, Pyramidhe@d, Cavman, and other people who worked on the project. It is thanks to them, after all, that you receive this pack at all!

NOTE: Not all resources are included in the attached image.

Attachments

• Alliance.png
    Alliance.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,147
  • Horde.png
    Horde.png
    947 KB · Views: 1,833
  • SoC Resource Pack Image.png
    SoC Resource Pack Image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,448
Last edited:
Level 6
Excellent, all models were even better than I tought! Where is those responsible for that gryphon rider... I have some reputation I'd like to throw on them! It's beautiful.

Yet, as previously mentioned, the portrait of the gryphon rider is not working properly. I think it's something with the intensity of clouds.

Level 26
ok. First of all: inside of the pack the gryphonrider portrait has a wrong name. it should be GryphonRider_portrait.mdx instead of GryphonRider Portrait.mdx

and about the bug that the portrait is completely red: there seems to be a problem with the portrait texture, because I also tried it with the mortarteam texture and it worked completely fine. (It's like wc3 would recognize a complete alpha channel on the texture)

Attachments

• GryphonRiderPortraitWithMortarTeamTexture.JPG
    GryphonRiderPortraitWithMortarTeamTexture.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 199
Level 16
ok. First of all: inside of the pack the gryphonrider portrait has a wrong name. it should be GryphonRider_portrait.mdx instead of GryphonRider Portrait.mdx

and about the bug that the portrait is completely red: there seems to be a problem with the portrait texture, because I also tried it with the mortarteam texture and it worked completely fine. (It's like wc3 would recognize a complete alpha channel on the texture)

I had seen this bug and it's simple to fix. You need to reconvert the blp texture t oan other format for example bmp or tga, and back to blp. If it's still not working make the operation again, and again etc..

Level 6
Wow, very good job on all the models guys. It sucks that you couldn't finish the project after all the effort put into it, but unlike most teams that can't finish their project you at least gave the fans something pretty good back to reward their patience. Not only that, but since all the models are complete the next group who decides to try and make a WC2 Campaign don't have to worry about the models and can just focus on terrain, script, triggers...

Thank you guys, I believe everybody really appreciates this.

Mr.Goblin, you don't know the facts, so please don't assume silly assumptions.

Linaze had problems with his real life and he is no longer able to spend much time in front of the computer.

well I quite explained it in my post.. :p I simply didn't gave the complete answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.