• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I was wondering -- are you going to release an updated Resource Pack with the new models anytime soon? With your permission, I'd like to use them for a Warcraft 3 machinima series I'm working on that's set during Warcraft 2's time period.

Level 48
Yeah, we'll update it as soon as we're done with the Horde's art, which shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks. We'll also fix the Axethrower's missile crashing the game and the Death Knight texture not working on Whitehorn's model.

And for everyone, here's a little update. Since I know you're probably getting anxious for updates, I decided I'll show you some recent progress:

von03c.jpg
Troll Axethrower's Prowl: An ability that can be researched from the Barracks, it causes the Troll Axethrower to go into stealth mode until it's deactivated, making him move slower and lose his attack but stay invisible. Useful for spying on the enemy(if they have no detection) or for ambushing enemy troops.

14kijhv.jpg

???

Level 16
WOW, those are nice ones!
As for the goblins i think the first is the sapper icon ( i just cant be wrong, duh0 The second is the explosion/detonation or whatever. The third is probably a "place land mine" abillity and the third are just gears?
Correct me if i am wrong.

Another question. Will you be including the dwarven demolition teams too?

We are right now in the process of finishing the Horde techtree, the Aliance one haven't yet been discussed and won't be until the demo is released...

and For now, the Demolition team are not considered...

Level 7
I see this post been up since Jan. i am not rushing but asking, when will there be a demo do you guys have a release date yet?

Level 48
Prowl seems a good ability for a basic ranged unit, at what tech can that be researched and what requirements does it have (just curious)?

Prowl is researched at the Barracks, presumably Tier 2, and I believe the only requirement is to have a Troll Lumber Mill, which is also the requirement for Troll Axethrowers. But I am not sure, you'll have to ask Linaze about that. Hopefully he'll come online soon and respond.

Another question. Will you be including the dwarven demolition teams too?

As Mr.Goblin said, we are not currently working on the Alliance tech tree. Basically, the Goblin Sapper is a 'special' unit for the Horde, and their Alliance counterpart is the Assassin. Much of the Alliance techtree is roughly done, but we will not further continue designing or working on it until the Demo is finished and released, and with it, the Horde.

I see this post been up since Jan. i am not rushing but asking, when will there be a demo do you guys have a release date yet?

Yes, there WILL be a demo, and it's not years away.
No, we don't have a release date yet.
Also... Januray last year. :p

Level 7
Ah, ok. Thanks for the answers, guys. Also, with regards to the resource pack update, will you include the new death knight and skeleton models you showcased? Those look awesome.

Level 7
Cool indeed. Thanks for the info, guys. :) So... do I have permission to use these models for my cinematic campaign? I'll give you guys credit where credit is due.

Level 24
EVERYTHING THAT IS CREATED FOR SCARS OF CONFLICT BY THE SCARS OF CONFLICT TEAM WILL BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

ALL HUMANS (AND OTHER ANIMALS) HAVE PERMISSION TO USE ANY AND EVERYTHING SCARS OF CONFLICT-RELATED THAT'S BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC FOR ANY OF THEIR MAPS/CAMPAIGNS.

PLEASE GIVE CREDITS (NOT THAT I CARE, BUT THEM ARTISTS PROBABLY DO).

I hope that's explanatory enough.

Level 7
O.O Yes, quite clear. I just wanted to double-check with the guys themselves in case they had any questions exactly what I was using their work FOR.

I know, you guys are still waiting for updates... you must know I'm terribly sorry for making you all wait, since mostly what needs to be done is textures and icons.

I had a rough week of homeworks and essais last week, I'll try to work as soon as I get back in town :D

WOUHOU!, sooo yeah, a new unit completed, tonight I'll make the Icon for it, the new terrain's screenshot are coming shortly (less than a week I presume) depends on our Real Life schedual, beside, I've started working on an other unit texture not long ago, you'll hear from it pretty soon also!

Indeed, Scars of Conflict is catching up for all these days without updates and shit..

oh and, one last thing

People on the Chat that says Scars of Conflict sucks, have NO idea what they are talking about....
First, the demo haven't been released yet, so saying this game sucks is false information. Second, if these peoples who say = it sucks!, just by the things we showed, well they are mostly retard trolls, because we are doing something in WARCRAFT3... which also FOLLOW THE WARCRAFT3 GRAPHIC STYLE!... thanks for your understanding.. trollllllls always have more fun trolling the epicness than the crap.

WOUHOU!, sooo yeah, a new unit completed, tonight I'll make the Icon for it, the new terrain's screenshot are coming shortly (less than a week I presume) depends on our Real Life schedual, beside, I've started working on an other unit texture not long ago, you'll hear from it pretty soon also!

Indeed, Scars of Conflict is catching up for all these days without updates and shit..

oh and, one last thing

People on the Chat that says Scars of Conflict sucks, have NO idea what they are talking about....
First, the demo haven't been released yet, so saying this game sucks is false information. Second, if these peoples who say = it sucks!, just by the things we showed, well they are mostly retard trolls, because we are doing something in WARCRAFT3... which also FOLLOW THE WARCRAFT3 GRAPHIC STYLE!... thanks for your understanding.. trollllllls always have more fun trolling the epicness than the crap.

And yet you have a troll on your team.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
I see there are a few new updates on that page. Very nice. Hopefully you can get that demo out before we all rot and die.

you sir are being racist against Zombies!

but I'll make sure you get the demo quite soon which mean in the following months...

Level 1
you sir are being racist against Zombies!

but I'll make sure you get the demo quite soon which mean in the following months...

Any measure of discrimination against zombies is fundamentally based around the fact that they are, for all intends and purposes, dead - or 'Un-dead' should the Kel'thuzad's interpretation of un-biology ever be taken seriously - as well as rotten. Plastic Surgery resulted from the eating of young brains notwithstanding.

By the way, nice ogre you've got there.:ogre_haosis:

Level 48
1q0syc.jpg

As some of you might already know, Scars of Conflict is now officially a hosted project on the Hive Workshop!

Now, this means a lot for us in the team. First of all, we have gained our very own Hosted Project 'site', on which we can store files and create pages. This is a completely new system implemented by Ralle, and we get to be the first ones testing it!

From now on, all updates and news will be posted on our hosted site and project. This thread will remain, but it is suggested for all of our fans to move to our hosted project area on the Hive.

And now, to kick off with a good start, here are a few links to some important areas of our Hosted Project site:

Status
Not open for further replies.