• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Holy Smeg that catapult looks like it fell from Draenor and said hello.....hmmm looks very very nice. same with the sapper not quite warcraft 2ish but goes with the grunt color scheme. Warcraft 2 orc units were a brighter green but it is a lot nicer with the darker thanks you for all you do.

Level 16
A question why do you use the normal skeleton instead the orcish one?
And i don't know if its possibile but a triggering mechanism creating a skeleton from a corpse selected bu type would be cool. What i mean is if the fallen unit was a footman for example it can be reviewed as a normal skeleton but if it was an orc an orcish skeleton would be cool if the unit was ranged, then the archer, etc.

Level 9
And i don't know if its possibile but a triggering mechanism creating a skeleton from a corpse selected bu type would be cool. What i mean is if the fallen unit was a footman for example it can be reviewed as a normal skeleton but if it was an orc an orcish skeleton would be cool if the unit was ranged, then the archer, etc.

Thats not difficult at all...but it is a good idea!

Level 49
Wait, the WC2 skeleton was supposed to be Orcish?
The legions of the dead risen by the Death Knights are composed mostly of fallen soldiers of the Alliance.

Although that would definitely be awesome, I feel that it overcomplicates a simple spell that is supposed to be used to overwhelm the enemy or as a basis for Dark Ritual. Perhaps a random type of skeleton spawned from a corpse, with 2-3 types available? Still seems a little too complicated. It's supposed to be a tier-1 spell, nothing too awesome or amazing.

It really isn't that complicated when you think about it. I could wip up a trigger for that in a few minutes.

how about, let us focuss on more important stuff than a diffrent type of skeleton that raises? honestly, I do think it's a cool idea, but that is the lest of our priority, if you guys want the demo, than let us complete what is important first, the polyshing will come later... :goblin_yeah:

Level 21
Well there is actually four skeletons in Warcraft III, on which are the swordsman, archer,caster, and then the orcish one that makes up the skeleton family.

I think it fits perfectly with the skeleton model that you guys have, but would be cool if Death Knight had the Necromancer's skeletal mage skill in which he could summon a swordsman and a caster all in one, and even a archer one as well if you can.

Level 12
The Animate Corpse ability is fine as it is. Move along.

What if two Death Knights will cast Tornado at the same time?
Will reduction of speed be bigger?
It would be imba but if it doesn't stack then it's not rly usefull skill for caster unit ; d

btw. Was it (death knight info) that mega big update you were talking about ?
If yes, then i'm dissapointed ;/
DK's boring imo (all his skills are just normal wc3 abilities)

Idea with different models for skeletons is cool.
Just Normal skeleton for dead humans and orc skeleton for dead orcs :p

Level 6
What if two Death Knights will cast Tornado at the same time?
Will reduction of speed be bigger?
It would be imba but if it doesn't stack then it's not rly usefull skill for caster unit ; d

btw. Was it (death knight info) that mega big update you were talking about ?
If yes, then i'm dissapointed ;/
DK's boring imo (all his skills are just normal wc3 abilities)

Idea with different models for skeletons is cool.
Just Normal skeleton for dead humans and orc skeleton for dead orcs :p

It would be really awesome to have human, elves, dwarves, trolls, orcs, ogres, goblins skeletons, but it would take ages to be done and not really necessary :D

Level 49
Hmm, what?
Animate Corpse is indeed a normal WC3 ability.
Dark Ritual is not; There is no dispel that sacrifices a unit.
Tornado is also custom, in-game Tornado is an ultimate that mass-casts Cyclone and can be controlled.

Yes, that was the surprise update. :p
And of course Tornado is useful, even if it doesn't stack up; With good micro, you can keep Tornadoing in a way that keeps the enemy's attack and movement speeds reduced down to about 70%-60% of what they normally are. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is.

Level 12
Dark Ritual is not; There is no dispel that sacrifices a unit.
Sorry, my fault
I thought that it's just lich's skill ; d

Tornado is also custom, in-game Tornado is an ultimate that mass-casts Cyclone and can be controlled.
hmm it's pretty similiar to Sea Witch's ultimate
What about making it more like sea witch's ulti? (i mean this cyclone thing ;d (1 unit flies in the air) but if u add this sub-skill u have to make 'reduce ms/as thing' weaker hmm like 20-30%

and if it's too imba then make limit for death knight
max 5 death knights for example

Level 49
The Tornado is very much different from the Sea Witch's tornado:
1) The Sea Witch's Tornado throws Cyclone on nearby units. The SoC tornado merely slows down speeds.
2) The Sea Witch's tornado is entirely controllable. The SoC tornado can not be selected, and always goes in a straight line.
3) The Sea Witch's Tornado is a powerful ultimate that lasts for a long time and is incredibly big, the SoC Tornado is smaller, lasts for much less and is a normal unit ability.

Level 7
I saw the Tornado on the youtube video i like that it moves foward for ten seconds, but i think it should do some damage as well to units/buildings because in the video i saw 3 spells, raise dead, dark dispel( i think thats the name) and tornado, none of the 3 spells do actual damage to units, or buildings.. so maybe tornado could do that damage. and if it does damage, i didnt know and my fault...

P.S Who is the Alliance 3rd hero??

Level 49
I saw the Tornado on the youtube video i like that it moves foward for ten seconds, but i think it should do some damage as well to units/buildings because in the video i saw 3 spells, raise dead, dark dispel( i think thats the name) and tornado, none of the 3 spells do actual damage to units, or buildings.. so maybe tornado could do that damage. and if it does damage, i didnt know and my fault...
Direct damage skills on spellcasters is a big 'no-no' due to the ability to spam them and thus win the game with your spellcasters, whereas spellcasters are supposed to be support units who act from the back of the line.
Damaging spells that also have a positive effect, for example Unholy Frenzy, are a possibility, however. Perhaps the Cleric or the Warlock could have something similar.

P.S Who is the Alliance 3rd hero??
Scars of Conflict does not feature Heroes. I have honestly no idea what you're talking about.

Level 7
Scars of Conflict does not feature Heroes. I have honestly no idea what you're talking about.

Oh i saw a ranger and a knight with glow in one of the pictures you advertise just assumed. guessing by the forum here it was Alleria and Lothar.

Level 12
They were probably made for Campang but campaing is canceled so no heroes ;d
btw.
Could u tell us something about unit statistics?
Will SoC have unit stats like Wc3 (500-1200hp, max 100 food limit etc.) or something like Stacraft (more units, less hp)

I was thinking about new armor/attack types
it would make some units an counter-units (assasin is rly good against grunts but raiders rape them (that's just example ofc.)

Level 49
Oh i saw a ranger and a knight with glow in one of the pictures you advertise just assumed. guessing by the forum here it was Alleria and Lothar.
Are you talking about the SoC resource pack? The resources there are outdated and many of them have been created for our now-canceled campaign.

Could u tell us something about unit statistics?
Will SoC have unit stats like Wc3 (500-1200hp, max 100 food limit etc.) or something like Stacraft (more units, less hp)
We have discussed the possibility of having a faster game pace, and thus reducing the health of all units. However, at the moment, we are focusing on finishing the Horde techtree and implementing all art assets as well as coding the spellcasters' spells. Afterwards we'll discuss balance and gameplay changes.

I was thinking about new armor/attack types
it would make some units an counter-units (assasin is rly good against grunts but raiders rape them (that's just example ofc.)
This is possible without special armor\weapon types. Units obviously counter eachother already, but you don't need special armor and weapon types for that. For instance, Troll Axethrowers counter Dragons because they attack quickly, can run away if damaged and are cheaper than Dragons, whereas Dragons are able to counter most melee ground units as well as a wide variety of ships.

Level 49
After the release of the demo, we'll work on the Alliance race while you guys are testing out the Horde. Once we're done with the Alliance, we'll patch up the Horde according to your guys' feedback and then we'll release the 'official' release. We'll probably make a few more maps for various team situations(1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4 player FFA etc). At this point, we'll need all the feedback we can get and improve both races as much as we can. After everything is fixed and balanced you can consider it the final version of the game. We might, perhaps, revisit it from time to time, and obviously any reported bugs will most likely be fixed, but I don't think we'll be completely remaking the game after release. :p

Level 24
After SoC is finished, released and approved (like all maps are here), we'll move on to do what our team does best: Slack. Once slacking is over, I think we'll realize we're no longer interested in SoC and move on to other projects (most likely not WC3-related). Saddening as this may sound, I think this is the cold truth.:goblin_cry:

Level 51
You should work faster guys(one update per 3 months is way too slow), otherwise u wlll release beta and nobody will play it. (because wc3 is nearly dead on b.net)

I think you TOTALLY missunderstood the meaning of this project.
Ofc. they want to that somebody plays them, but there is not much difference either if they release it now, or in 1 year, as there will (nearly) always be only the few people that are always here.

Anyway, I think Linaze etc. are making this project for fun. They are making it in their freetime. Ofc. they want that somebody plays it, but the main thing they want to have is, having fun. (I think)

Level 12
I think you TOTALLY missunderstood the meaning of this project.
Ofc. they want to that somebody plays them, but there is not much difference either if they release it now, or in 1 year, as there will (nearly) always be only the few people that are always here.

Anyway, I think Linaze etc. are making this project for fun. They are making it in their freetime. Ofc. they want that somebody plays it, but the main thing they want to have is, having fun. (I think)

well this explains a lot :p

Level 49
Wow, Fan, that was basically dead-on. That's exactly what we're looking for, and what we're doing. Having an army of players was never our goal. Linaze started this project as something fun to do in his spare-time, and it always was just that - Something fun to do in our spare-time.
As for the reason for the lack of updates, Linaze has been very busy lately with things unrelated to Scars of Conflict, Mr.Goblin as well. I could've probably made some more work than I currently do, but the lack of work from the other team members really keeps me on low motivation. I also recently started playing World of Warcraft with a few other people from the Hive due to Blizzard giving SC2 players a free month of World of Warcraft, but that is only temporal.

Level 24
You should work faster guys(one update per 3 months is way too slow), otherwise u wlll release beta and nobody will play it. (because wc3 is nearly dead on b.net)
Much of what I plan to say has been said by people before me already, so I apologize for any eventual repetitiveness.

Scars of Conflict is not being developed for anyone on the Hive (especially not unappreciative persons like yourself), battle.net or anywhere else. Scars of Conflict is being developed because the three of us working on it find it somewhat entertaining to do so and because we want to finish it.

If you're not fine with this, I don't even want you to follow our project.

Level 49
Here's a little update for you guys.
The Orcish Catapult is a device capable to launch heavy projectiles over a long distance. It can easily crush the Alliance's walls and buildings from a long distance, allowing access to the warriors of the Horde and destroying anything that gets in it's path.
Nevermind the death animation, it looks a lot better in-game because it lacks a ground texture here as well as particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.