• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scars of Conflict [Altered Melee]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Looks super good. Bring on the demo!
Why thank you. As for the demo... we'll just wait with release dates and all that.

You guys should really do a campaign, but oh well and looking forward to the demo.
Are you gonna release the dragon, roost, and the egg separately, or your pack is going to stay the same?
Meaning well I could use them, and I don't need the rest, just a good dragon roost, the dragon, and the egg for younglings and a cutscene with the Dragon Queen.
Everything made by our team will be released to the public. That includes models, textures, icons, spells and everything else. As for the resource pack, it's just that we don't wish to update it with every model we (or rather our artists) make (since it takes some time), instead it gets updated once we have several objects to add to the pack. So don't worry, it's all going to be there.

Level 21
As a guest I'll make sure to give you guys credit for every single model/skin I use, so you don't have to worry about this member claiming anything for his own. :3
And I would like to wish you guys/girls if there is any girls on the team luck with the project, and I kinda missed the whole Warcraft II game, and I'm glad you are remaking it in melee.

Level 49
Thank you.
But, well, once again... We're not remaking Warcraft II. Rather, we are making a unique altered melee based on the lore and timeline of Warcraft II(the Second War). There wont be too many similarities to Warcraft II beyond some of the units.
Oh, and both the Dragon and the Dragon Roost are already released as part of the demo.

And here is a little work-in-progress image for you:

29ok4mb.jpg

It's the Orc Catapult. It still lacks a texture and animations, but soon enough it will be devastating the buildings of all those who oppose the Horde!

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Debode personally requested me to comment, so here goes. I do warn you I might come off a bit harsh. I've tried to give a short, constructive review of all the models previewed in the first post.

Peasant
The face is absolutely horrid, his lower lip is three inches broad and only one inch wide. He's got some sickly dark eye holes and his eyebrows are broken - a scar emerging from his eye holes towards the middle of his forehead. He also has a funny nose, but that's character.
Other than that, the clothing looks fine, and so does the bag. The pick seems to be made of obsidian.

Knight
Quite bright and rough metal on this lad, and more so on the horse. I'd suggest a darker, smoother metal to go with the image of a knight. The metal on the horse looks more like wool than metal, to be perfectly honest. I also think the shield's teamcoloured area needs some more shading.

Peon
Pretty sweet, I don't know anything about Orc anatomy, so I'm not qualified to judge that. That only leaves the slightly flat looking shirt (guessing it's teamcoloured) and the glitches in the pike (dark grey lines). Quite decent, actually.

Troll Destroyed
It's a bit hard to judge how it looks due to the angle and huge roof, but that's how it'll look in-game anyway and it looks sweet.

Footman
This guy is packed in wool. The leather and gold is also quite bright. Oh, and even the sword looks like wool.

Dragon
Looks sweet. I just think the teeth should be less white. I think a pale yellow tone would look better. I think the claws would be cool if they were black. Lastly, I can't make out what the brown mohawk on the head and wings is all about.

Dragon Roost
I don't know what dragon eggs supposedly look like, but I think the yellow spots look awkward. Other than that, I think the teeth would be better in a pale yellow tone here as well.

Elven Ballista
Yes, it's ballista. It looks neat. The gold is a bit vividly coloured and I think the wood could use a larger portion of the UW as it turns out awfully blurry. I don't think strings are made out of that rough ropes, I suggest you eliminate the dark lines indicating a twisted rope, because it looks much thicker and firm that way.

Grunt
First thing I noticed is the largely different skin tone. I think the Peon's skintone is more representative for Orcs. Beyond that, his metal plate is really blurry and the eyes seem a bit small. The axe looks kind of weird, and it's incredibly blurry. Otherwise, pretty neat. You should use this style for the metal on the footman and knight as well.

Goose Gryphon Rider
It's a breed of goose and eagle, supersized. I don't know, it looks silly to me. The dwarf is incredibly messy and I'm not sure where his eyes are? They seem to be located under his beard and/or hair. I can't make out what everything else is. The dwarf really needs to be redefined, it's a mess.

Human Battleship
This is awesome. Is the blue teamcolour? It wouldn't hurt with some slimmer lines as well, at least on the entirely white parts. The lion head looks really squeezed, though.

Human Transport
It's a decent design and all, but I don't understand why the side is open like that. As far as I can tell from the WCII unit list, the boat should be shielded in metal on all four sides. Furthermore, the teamcolour parts lack shading. The tanks(?) with pipes in them are really blurry.

Ogre
Resembles the WCII Ogre well as far as I can tell, but there's not that much of a change from the WCIII Ogre so I can't really see how this is worth the file space.

Ogre Mage
I much prefer this over the blue Ogre Magi in WCIII. The tribal makrings could use some more shading here and there, though.

Paladin
The metal is very white, and the armour of the paladin himself is wool like the footman. I like the idea for the shield, but it looks like a leather glove rather than a design on the shield. Make it more metal looking. Why are his eyes burning on the icon?

Skeleton
The skull is marvelous, and I love the armour as well. However, the bones seem to extrude through the armour and that's not looking very nice. His arms and legs are fairly blurry.

Troll Axethrower
Sweet. I like the axes a lot. The quality of the skin excedes that of Blizzard's original forest troll and I like the creative use of teamcolour as face paint. I think you could do without the teamcolour on the bracers, the face paint and hair is enough, and rather make some nicely ornamented gauntlets for eye-candy.

Mage
Her face is significantly paler than her neck, and her shoulder bones are too far up. The white cloth doesn't really fit in, in my opinion, perhaps dark brown would fit better. I don't know, I generally just don't like the colour scheme and design on this one. It's a bit of a clash of colours that don't contribute to each other.

Death Knight
I like the horse, but it's quite blurry, particularly the legs, and the leather armour is too high on contrast. The rider should look more like the icon, in my opinion. Make golden runes along the edges instead of the thick golden trim. The black part of his cape doesn't fit in, really, so I suggest you use teamcolour for all of the cape. The golden runes will provide enough variation.

Assassin
The pauldrons are huge, and as they seem to be made of metal, incredibly heavy for an assassin. I suggest more emphasis on agile design. Her thighs are fairly buff for a woman. Otherwise, it's quite blurry and there seems to be a glitch with the wrap on the front of the cape. The boots are a bit bright despite the cape and shoulders casting shadows.

Level 49
Debode personally requested me to comment, so here goes. I do warn you I might come off a bit harsh. I've tried to give a short, constructive review of all the models previewed in the first post.

Frankly, I thank you for spending your time on this. :) It is very much appreciated.
However, I must say our views are rather different. For one, you don't seem to think about how the model will look like in-game, quite different than the view on the Magos screenshots. :p Which is fine, really, and entirely my fault, but that means that many of your suggestions don't really count.
Now, lets see...

Peasant
The face is absolutely horrid, his lower lip is three inches broad and only one inch wide. He's got some sickly dark eye holes and his eyebrows are broken - a scar emerging from his eye holes towards the middle of his forehead. He also has a funny nose, but that's character.
Other than that, the clothing looks fine, and so does the bag. The pick seems to be made of obsidian.
Lets see now.
The face will NEVER be noticed in-game, I've provided you with screenshots in the chat that prove my point. :p That's how the original Peasant's face looks like as well. The facial texture is made to suit the portrait.
The pickaxe is made of really dark or old iron. :p

Knight
Quite bright and rough metal on this lad, and more so on the horse. I'd suggest a darker, smoother metal to go with the image of a knight. The metal on the horse looks more like wool than metal, to be perfectly honest. I also think the shield's teamcoloured area needs some more shading.
I somewhat agree on the 'rough' part of your comment about the metal. It does look a little... Wool-ish. I don't think it needs to be darker, though.
I agree about the shield.

Peon
Pretty sweet, I don't know anything about Orc anatomy, so I'm not qualified to judge that. That only leaves the slightly flat looking shirt (guessing it's teamcoloured) and the glitches in the pike (dark grey lines). Quite decent, actually.
It's mostly just a texture on top of Blizzard's peon, but thanks anyways.
The pickaxe is a minor detail that will NEVER be seen in-game, or no one will pat attention to it, and besides, that's how the original Peon looks like.
Yes, I agree about how the shirt looks flat. Yes, it is TC.

Troll Destroyed
It's a bit hard to judge how it looks due to the angle and huge roof, but that's how it'll look in-game anyway and it looks sweet.
Thanks. <3

Footman
This guy is packed in wool. The leather and gold is also quite bright. Oh, and even the sword looks like wool.
I agree, he looks like he's wearing wool.
The leather looks perfectly fine to me.
The gold could be slightly darker, but hell, that's why it's gold. :X It's meant to be bright and shiny.

Dragon
Looks sweet. I just think the teeth should be less white. I think a pale yellow tone would look better. I think the claws would be cool if they were black. Lastly, I can't make out what the brown mohawk on the head and wings is all about.
Mr.Goblin actually wanted to make the teeth yellow, but it looked more like brown wood than yellow teeth and me and Linaze didn't like that, so we made him change it to a white color instead.
The claws are tiny and are under the dragon. Wont be noticed.
The black mohawk on his head is just part of the Dragon model. It looks nice and adds detail, far better than just having nothing on him. Besides, it looks more original that way.

Dragon Roost
I don't know what dragon eggs supposedly look like, but I think the yellow spots look awkward. Other than that, I think the teeth would be better in a pale yellow tone here as well.
The yellow spots are TC, and the only way we figured out on how to add TC to the eggs. I think they have their own charm, somewhat.
Same goes to the teeth here as what I said on the previous comment.

Elven Ballista
Yes, it's ballista. It looks neat. The gold is a bit vividly coloured and I think the wood could use a larger portion of the UW as it turns out awfully blurry. I don't think strings are made out of that rough ropes, I suggest you eliminate the dark lines indicating a twisted rope, because it looks much thicker and firm that way.
Thanks. The gold looks fine to me, just like on the Footman, so I think that's just your preference here. :p The wood is using a huge portion of the UV, and I'm pretty sure the blurriness you see is caused by the angle of the screenshot. The rope is supposed to look tough, as otherwise it would get torn apart as soon as it fired.

Grunt
First thing I noticed is the largely different skin tone. I think the Peon's skintone is more representative for Orcs. Beyond that, his metal plate is really blurry and the eyes seem a bit small. The axe looks kind of weird, and it's incredibly blurry. Otherwise, pretty neat. You should use this style for the metal on the footman and knight as well.
Well, Orcs, just like Humans, have various skin tones. :p They're not fixed to a single color. It just adds a little bit of variation.
What metal plate, the shoulderpads? Or his chest?
The eyes wont be seen in-game, seriously now... :p What matters is how the portrait looks like. All you'll see in-game is his horned helmet, and even that would barely be noticeable.
The axe does look a bit weird, I admit, but I didn't want to make it high poly. The original axe looks even stranger to me, honestly. :X
Yes, Goblin SHOULD use that style for the rest of the metal, looks much better! You have no idea how much you're right here, I've been thinking about that all the time. :p
And again, blurriness = angle.

Goose Gryphon Rider
It's a breed of goose and eagle, supersized. I don't know, it looks silly to me. The dwarf is incredibly messy and I'm not sure where his eyes are? They seem to be located under his beard and/or hair. I can't make out what everything else is. The dwarf really needs to be redefined, it's a mess.
Angle. It's all about the angle. It probably doesn't even look like it's flying. It's supposed to look like the WC2 Gryphon, obviously. :p Like a white eagle with lion legs covered in feathers.
The dwarf is lowpoly on the Blizzard version as well, simply because he wont be noticed in-game. The portrait looks MUCH better, I assure you.

Human Battleship
This is awesome. Is the blue teamcolour? It wouldn't hurt with some slimmer lines as well, at least on the entirely white parts. The lion head looks really squeezed, though.
The blue around the lion heads is TC, indeed. I have no idea what do you mean by 'slimmer lines', but it's using a Blizzard texture, soo... :p
The lion heads do look squeezed, but there's nothing I can do about it. Sorry. I already stretched it out fully on the UV.

Human Transport
It's a decent design and all, but I don't understand why the side is open like that. As far as I can tell from the WCII unit list, the boat should be shielded in metal on all four sides. Furthermore, the teamcolour parts lack shading. The tanks(?) with pipes in them are really blurry.
The side open like that because in-game textures and because no need for hi-poly if it looks fine. :p
The TC gear icon is shading-less, indeed. That is because we used in-game textures. Using a custom texture just for that would be a waste of filesize, but we'll see when we start working on the Alliance again.
Again, seems like a perspective problem to me, about the blurriness. Either way, they look fine in-game.

Ogre
Resembles the WCII Ogre well as far as I can tell, but there's not that much of a change from the WCIII Ogre so I can't really see how this is worth the file space.
Because we're recreating ALL the unit models. :p Thus, it can't be an exception.
I agree, though... It could use a unique skin instead of this WC3 one without the tattoos.

Ogre Mage
I much prefer this over the blue Ogre Magi in WCIII. The tribal makrings could use some more shading here and there, though.
I fail to see where they would need shading, please elaborate.

Paladin
The metal is very white, and the armour of the paladin himself is wool like the footman. I like the idea for the shield, but it looks like a leather glove rather than a design on the shield. Make it more metal looking. Why are his eyes burning on the icon?

Skeleton
The skull is marvelous, and I love the armour as well. However, the bones seem to extrude through the armour and that's not looking very nice. His arms and legs are fairly blurry.
The extruding bones are supposed to look like the armor has been broken, I suppose. Either way, that's a part of Cavman's old model and looks fine in-game because the skeleton is so tiny. Looks nice in my eyes, but not from this specific angle.
I don't see the blurriness on his arms and legs. :S Looks like any average WC3 model\texture. We're not striving for extremely hi-res stuff here. More like Blizzard-quality and low filesize.

Troll Axethrower
Sweet. I like the axes a lot. The quality of the skin excedes that of Blizzard's original forest troll and I like the creative use of teamcolour as face paint. I think you could do without the teamcolour on the bracers, the face paint and hair is enough, and rather make some nicely ornamented gauntlets for eye-candy.
I thank you in DonDustin's and Goblin's name. :p
The face paint is directly from WC2, so are the bracers sadly.
Ornamented gloves wont work. He's a troll, not an English gentleman! :p He's supposed to be savage and wild. Thus the loincloth.

Mage
Her face is significantly paler than her neck, and her shoulder bones are too far up. The white cloth doesn't really fit in, in my opinion, perhaps dark brown would fit better. I don't know, I generally just don't like the colour scheme and design on this one. It's a bit of a clash of colours that don't contribute to each other.
I'm really really sorry, but I completely disagree with everything you said. :p
1) Her face is at the exact same skin color as her neck.
2) I have no idea where you can see the shoulder bones, but if that is true(I don't know anatomy too well :p), I guess Mr.Goblin could fix it.
3) The white cloth and the purple clothing are supposed to represent a citizen of a much higher class, a student of arcane magics in Dalaran. She's not supposed to be your common run-out-of-the-mill villager or warrior. She is supposed to be clean and tidy. Dark brown would make look evil, or at least less pure than she is supposed to be.
4) The colors are great in my eyes. :p

Death Knight
I like the horse, but it's quite blurry, particularly the legs, and the leather armour is too high on contrast. The rider should look more like the icon, in my opinion. Make golden runes along the edges instead of the thick golden trim. The black part of his cape doesn't fit in, really, so I suggest you use teamcolour for all of the cape. The golden runes will provide enough variation.
1) The horse doesn't look blurry from an in-game perspective.
2) The leather armor is Blizzard's work as far as I can tell. I guess Goblin left it there because it didn't look too out of place. Looks fine to me though. In-game, the lightning makes everything look darker and thus better.
3) The golden runes look much better than the trim, indeed. Goblin should really consider changing that. I wanted to tell him that when he was working on it, but I guess I never got the chance.
4) The black part of his robes provides a good contrast to all that damn teamcolor, and the angle is blocking most of it too. :X If everything was teamcolor he'd look pretty damn silly in-game.

Assassin
The pauldrons are huge, and as they seem to be made of metal, incredibly heavy for an assassin. I suggest more emphasis on agile design. Her thighs are fairly buff for a woman. Otherwise, it's quite blurry and there seems to be a glitch with the wrap on the front of the cape. The boots are a bit bright despite the cape and shoulders casting shadows.
The shoulderpads provide a good contrast and make it look unique in-game compared to the regular Assassin model. Besides, in-game she is so tiny, she really NEEDS big, definitive shoulderpads. As for her thighs... I guess that years of constant training and running made her more buffed up than the average girl. :p
Again, I do not see the blurriness. I guess it's because we're using 256x256 textures as opposed to 512x512, so close ups don't appear extremely sharp and crisp.

All in all, I really want Goblin to look over it and answer you back, as he's the author for most of this. :p Thanks for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Level 21
How about you give a lion cloth to the ogre and make it team colored, and same with the Ogre Mage upgrade.
I don't like seeing Ogres without a piece of clothing, but you don't have to do it, still would look better with one team colored.

Level 1
Apart from the fact that WoW uses a different color theme, that the WoW egg has no team color and that it looks all arcane-y and shit... at least it has spikes.

That one kind of has to look arcane-y, its a blue dragon egg and, if I remember right, those ones are being empowered by The Nexus to grow quicker.

Well, if you go with World of Warcraft's models, dragon eggs are like this: http://www.wowpedia.org/Blue_Dragon_Egg, the only difference between the dragonflights are colors. Just in case it can be of use.

Apart from the fact that WoW uses a different color theme, that the WoW egg has no team color and that it looks all arcane-y and shit... at least it has spikes.

To be honest, I agree with Delterius. I don't think it should have crystals, but I prefer the rough look. The current egg you are using looks like something straight out of a Nintendo game or Disney movie.

Level 1
While I do think the eggs should be more 'rough-looking' it is by no means a need. Especially if there's no other nice and non-expensive way to show teamcolor.

Also, I linked that article because shiiK claimed not to know how a 'Dragon egg is supposed to look like', meaning that some reference could be of use.

Blue dragons are only arcane-y in WoW, and we're not often looking at WoW for ideas, so to say.

While the dragonflights were not yet entirely fleshed out, the Blue Dragonflight's predisposition towards matter arcane can be observed as early as Warcraft 3.

Level 24
I didn't find Sapphiron that arcane-y in WC3, and that's the only named blue dragon I recall from that game. Either way, this has gotten little to do with this project.

@Hawkwing, SoC is rather cartoonish, so I think the Yoshi egg fits pretty well, although sure, it is a bit silly.

1.png
2.png
GoblinSapper.png

FOR ONCE! I'M THE ONE SHOWING SOMETHING! FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

feels great, funny thing is that, neither Linaze or Debode saw it :D

Sooo let's consider this as a ''W.I.P'' even tough the texture itself is finished :D

Level 24
Warcraft 3 is cartoonish.

But some of your models seem like they want to set it darkly, and some do the opposite. it is confusing, two conflicting styles at work at once. try to unify.
The only models I really find darker than the the average are the Death Knight and the Assassin, were there any more you were thinking about?

@Goblin, looking good man!

@Gausslander, there is no Dwarven Demolition Team in SoC.

Level 9
I totally love the concept of a new ladder tipe similar to Warcraft II's but still keeping the War3 feeling. I wish you good luck and hopely this project will be finished (unlike others).

@Debode
Do you mind if I use your SoC Avatars for my clan forum? I'll give credits to the whole team.

Level 9
Copyright won't be a problem. I also intent to create tournaments once this project is finished, since this is the only project that impressed me more than Med. MapGuy's Joe's Chronicles. Well, sorry for the off-topic.
- sd

Level 49
Thanks for all the comments, guys! Keep them coming, they're really motivating and nice. :)

1.png
2.png
GoblinSapper.png

FOR ONCE! I'M THE ONE SHOWING SOMETHING! FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

feels great, funny thing is that, neither Linaze or Debode saw it :D

Sooo let's consider this as a ''W.I.P'' even tough the texture itself is finished :D

That looks very nice indeed, Mr.Goblin! I'll have to talk to you in Skype later about a few things, but otherwise it's looking mighty fine.

@Debode
Do you mind if I use your SoC Avatars for my clan forum? I'll give credits to the whole team.

As a matter of fact, I will be honored if you do so! A link or another mean of advertisement towards our thread here would be nice, although not necessary.

Wow. Looks really good. Will the humans have the mortar team as their demolition team?

As I've said earlier, not all units from Warcraft II will be returning to Scars of Conflict, and many new ones will be introduced. The Dwarven Demolition Team would be one of the units that will not be coming back, due to the role of a suicide unit already being fulfilled by one unit too much - The Sappers. Instead, units like the Cleric and Assassin will take the place of unintorduced units in the Alliance side.

About the discussion about the Blue Dragonlight - Indeed, in the novels and lore books, the blue dragonflight is depicted as the one responsible over magic and arcane power. Malygos the Spellweaver, the head of the Blue Dragonflight, was the appointed guardian of magic and arcane energies. However, that does not mean that other dragonflights would be similar, since each dragonflight had some kind of a 'theme' or element going on about, thus it is not necessary for other dragonflights to be anything at all like the blue one. Besides, I find the WoW egg just plain ugly, with the crystals making no sense and the fleshy substance just looking strange; Reminds me a lot of the Zerg from Starcraft.

To everyone who commented about the dino spots on the dragon egg, please, feel free to suggest your own ideas for where the teamcolor could be placed. For now, consider it a temporary solution. If we find a better idea, we'll definitely use it!

Level 15
Is it important to have a model without for re-texturing for a map?
No I think its not... Custom models and skins are not important. Gameplay is important, the map needs to be playable - I don`t care for imported custom stuff!
And that dragon can also be a reskin of Red Dragon.
And Debode I agree with you.

Level 49
DEAD_FiSH, SoC puts a lot of emphasis on it's art.
We put much of our time into perfecting and improving each of our models and skins.
This is the primary reason why we need your feedback, and the faster you comment on a new model, the higher the chances are we'll get to fixing it asap.

And on a side note, the dragon can't be a reskin of the Red Dragon because the dragon models are not all the same. They differ mainly in their mane and head. We decided to use the green dragon as a base because he looks the most intimidating.

Level 9
Debode said:
As a matter of fact, I will be honored if you do so! A link or another mean of advertisement towards our thread here would be nice, although not necessary.
I've already made a thread (including link) about SoC project. As I said above, once this is finished, it'll act as a standard map for my clan to play.

Whats the point of a reskin that looks almost just like the original? A red or blue or green dragon serves a purpose, this does not, from my perspective, but its your mod. go on ahead.

definatly looks the same ................................... :goblin_wtf:

Attachments

• GoblinSapper2.png
    GoblinSapper2.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 166
Level 49
Every single unit in Scars of Conflict will use a custom model or texture.
That is to unite the project into a unique art style, with no exceptions.
The only obvious exception being the buildings, which are too heavy on filesize to recreate completely.

And now, another Work-in-Progress image for you guys.
The Orc Catapult's mesh and texture are completed. All that it lacks now is animations.
Behold it, in all it's glory!

c54bq.jpg

Level 21
Never really noticed that before, but glad everything is getting a make-over.
I don't mind the pack to be honest, but would be great if the models got desperately uploaded, so people can use them.

Level 21
I'm sure if Goblins with highly dangerous explosives will be in, I'm sure Dwarves with steel cannons will be in it too.

Oh and the catapult came along way from the good old days to the Warcraft III Frozen Throne catapult in which they have now.
I have a question as well, that will the good old abilities and spells be a part of this?
Like the flaming spiked balls from the catapult, and some other good spells?

I'm sure if Goblins with highly dangerous explosives will be in, I'm sure Dwarves with steel cannons will be in it too.

Oh and the catapult came along way from the good old days to the Warcraft III Frozen Throne catapult in which they have now.
I have a question as well, that will the good old abilities and spells be a part of this?

Honestly, how many times do we have to tell you that SoC is NOT A COMPLETE WC2 RIP-OFF!

yes, we do have a few spells and upgrades that folows some of the warcraft2 classics, etc. But I would say, that's might only be 30% of the spells and upgrades that will folow the wc2 game... Linaze is in better position to answer to you so I won't say anything more..

but Yes, there will be some good old wc2 spells, and some AWESOME new SoC spells..

Level 49
@ Goblin, for all intents and purposes, yes.

Our Sappers are darker, less silly and clothed differently, thus fitting the Scars of Conflict art style far better.
You are wrong.

To be perfectly honest, we do not have too many dwarven units in the SoC techtree so far. Obviously, this might change, since we're not yet working on the Alliance techtree.

Many upgrades, mostly passive, will return from Warcraft II. Spells and other abilities might be inspired by WC2, but since the spell system was so different in WC2, it is not guaranteed that any spells will be exact copies of their WC2 counterparts. But I assure you that Scars of Conflict will have enough unique, original and generally awesome spells to make up for that fact. ^^

Quick question.. i didnt see a techtree around.. since ur adding sappers are you adding demo squad??
As has been said multiple times, the Dwarven Demolition Team will not be a part of Scars of Conflict, or at the very least, it is not planned at the moment. As I said before, however, we are not yet designing the Alliance, since it is put on temporary hold. We'll get to them later and we'll see if we can add the Dwarven Demolition Team to the mix.

That orc catapult is really good, but needs some blood on spikes to be like his WC2 counterpart. This of course, is only my opinion
In order to make our models more unique and less messy than they could be, we might omit several details from the models' Warcraft II counterparts. Blood on weapons, armor and decorations can cause the model to appear overcrowded with details, and less clean than it could be, thus is mostly omitted.

Never really noticed that before, but glad everything is getting a make-over.
I don't mind the pack to be honest, but would be great if the models got desperately uploaded, so people can use them.
We have discussed the possibility of individually uploading each model, icon and texture to the Hive's respective art sections. That may be done with the release of the game, or perhaps with the release of the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.