• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC1-WC2 Age Of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
WC1-WC2 Age Of Chaos
Version 1.02 (First Non Beta Version)

Stormwind.png

This map is a 3v3 Alternate Melee map in the area of Azeroth (Stormwind).

Units.png

Heroes.png

Horde Army units:
  • Grunt (tier 1)
  • Troll Axe Thrower (tier 1)
  • Raider (tier 1)
  • Ogre (tier 2)
  • Warlock (tier 2)
  • Necrolyte (tier 3)
  • Ogre Magi (tier 4)
Horde Heroes:
  • Blackhand
  • Gul'dan
  • Zul'jin
Human Army units:
  • Footmen (tier 1)
  • Elven Archer (tier 1)
  • Captain (tier 2)
  • Knight (tier 2)
  • Cleric (tier 2)
  • Conjurer (tier 3)
  • Paladin (tier 4)
Alliance heroes:
  • Lothar
  • Khadgar
  • Alleria

Neutral Accessible units: Catapult

Every unit has like in wc1 and wc2 a counterpart.
I decided for fun and gameplay to add wc2 units into the game so its a bit of a mix.

You are probably thinking why should I play this map idk much about it.

Ill be happy to explain features I have been implementing:

Unit XP system

After 3 kills a unit upgrades its' stats whether it has mana or not.
Casters upgrade: Mana Reg, Armor and Max Mana
Non casters upgrade: Armor, Damage and Max Health.

Stats.png

Food system

As humans you get food overtime by the amount of farms you control on the map, you will have to defend them because the orcs will be raiding them.
Orcs gain food by raiding farms to build their forces.

Food will be decreased whenever you create a unit so its vital to protect/raid those farms, they aren't constructible

Unique Unit Construction

The humans have the same old techtree/build system as found in wc3.
The orcs however have to order their units from the dark portal. Every 120 seconds the orcs will send new supplies to the front lines together with the troops the orc player ordered at his main base.
Unlike the allies orcs have only one building and now techtree. They upgrade their basecamp (greathall) to unlock new abilities and units, but ofc the cost of this upgrade is HUGE.

Construction.png

Orctier.png

Unique Income system:

Unlike other maps where u recapture points or get gold by creating farms, this is a limited resource gather map.

As i previously mentioned, lose a farm or goldmine or lumbermil as alliance, you lost it forever and so is your income.
The orcs on the other hand will get supplies over time with no requirements attached, still it doesnt match the human income rate, so orcs will get money by pillaging buildings (attacking them).

As all cities have destructible towers, houses etc with each an own pillage value it will give the orcs a boost whenever they sack a city.

They will also get bonus gold if they sack a gold mine from the humans.

Masteries:

At the start of the game, you can chose one mastery that only affects your units.
  • Offensive (increases the damage of all units with 5)
  • Defensive (increases the armor of all units with 1.5)
  • Magic (increases the mana regen per second with 1 for all units)

Mastery.png

90% of the maps models/icons is imported, so no old boring wc3 units/icons but rather "fresh" units.

I tried to create a lot of unique abilities for units as you probably got bored of the old grunt beserk bullshit.

An example of 3 unique abilities (through triggers)
-Bloodthirst (grunt) When ever a grunt kills a unit, it will get a +10 attack bonus frenzy for 15 seconds
-Blood Ritual (Necrolyte) Heals nearby units for 10 health at the cost of 30 own health.
-Life ward (Cleric) When ever a unit is attack with lifeward on, he will heal 4 life points of the damage taken.

The units in the map are limited for the moment, but I will add more soon people start getting interested in this map.
It will promise a lot of tactical fun and epic battles even with 7 units for each race.

Notice!!
The alliance has the underdog position at the start, but excels at end game.
While the horde is the topgun at the start, but slows down end game.
It can go both ways!

Please comment and give feedback, especially feedback explaining what could be better.
I like hearing opinions so feel free, if you have a good idea ill credit it for you.

Last edited:
Level 9
Looks nice.I played as the horde in single player.

The alliance is something of a joke early on,but you intended it that way,so full points.
If you train too many troops reinfoecements dont appear btw...

Level 6
Looks nice.I played as the horde in single player.

The alliance is something of a joke early on,but you intended it that way,so full points.
If you train too many troops reinfoecements dont appear btw...

Yeah alliance got a buff early game because horde faceroles them. Still they remain weak in begin game.
Probaly cause you exceeded your food?

Latest Version is online!

Fixed Bridge Issues
Nerfed Troll Axe Thrower
Fixed Stormwind gate pathing
Added Troll Beserker upgrade (Chance to stun for 1 second) & Elven Ranger Upgrade (Chance to deal 15 bonus damage)
Replaced guldans infernal with rain of fire
Replace troll poison icon.
Added auto chopping peasants that provide lumber (just for looks)
Nerved gold cost for parry
Fixed shield stance for Lothar
Fixed Shackles for Aleria
Fixed Medhivs Divine armor to Cloth
Nerfed Alliance Construction time of buildings.
removed tranport ship creating in harbors
Fixed names for heroes
Added a miltia system
Removed attack from basecamps

More info about the militia system:

The militia system allows players to upgrade villagers in a specific area to militia gaining increased armor health and attack.

Level 6
What will be in 1.04
Fixes:
-Fixed an issue with masteries
-Fixed Rain of Fire tooltips
Additions
-Trade Caravans: Caravans move from town to town resupplying the militia there. But if the horde kills the pack horses they will gain resources.
-Naval Income for alliance (they have the option to create lumber/gold/food carrying boats. They arrive every 2 mins with the chosen supply)
-Horde Base camps (the horde will now capture bases and setup camps)

Plans for the future:
-Naval Combat
-More base management for alliance
-Advanced Tech for Orcs

Status
Not open for further replies.