• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Human Conflict (4 Player MP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Tspm50d.png

Human Conflict
4 Player Multiplayer map
HC - River Divided

Concept
Human Conflict is an idea I had for a long time where 3 empires are at war in a different universe. The concept revolves around each having their own way of living, economy, military, way of thinking. They all believe their own way is superior and wage war trying to unite all of humanity under their banner. (I will probably put this into a campaign where you can pick any side and take over the land.)

Multiplayer Gameplay
- In Human Conflict each player is given 1 town hall and 3 tier 1 workers, players will be required to build a base and army to destroy their enemies.

- Map can be played in FFA (Free for all) or Teams.

- For easy hotkeys I have chosen to use letters for rows: QWER (first row) ASDF (second row) ZXCV (Third row) buildings and units and upgrades all use this setup.

- All players will be the same race (Humans) but have a variety of ways to play, from early rushing to timed pushes. Plenty of upgrades and units the game plays like a hybrid of different RTS styles from the pacing of Warcraft to the scale of Supreme Commander. Their is 4 tiers in the game, each tier will give you access to a new worker which can build new structures and further your technology advantage over your opponents.

- Each tier you can create stronger units, up to Tier 4 which contains access to Ultimate unit (experimentals in Supreme Commander terms). Units follow different rules from other RTS games, the way they look is represented in their stats for example if the unit model looks like its wearing plate armor it probably has "Heavy" in it's stat.

- Plenty of upgrades; damage upgrades (each weapon type), armor upgrades (each tier), health upgrades, economy upgrades, progress upgrades.

- Mid game Gold Mines, some gold mines have unbuildable terrain around them meaning unless you want insufficient mining via town hall it's not recommended for you to build one. However once you reach tier 2 you can make a courier which is a fragile unit that serves as a mobile drop-off point, making mining of these hard to reach gold mines possible.

Unique Stats

Weapons have completely different stats now, same with armor.

There is 6 weapon types in the game: Sword, Arrow, Magic, Siege, Spear, Axe
Each weapon plays a role in countering armor. Make the right unit for the job and win more fights.

There is 5 armor types in the game: Light, Heavy, Calvary, Reinforced, Fortified

Light: Not good in melee, taking extra damage from swords, axes, spears, and magic but is good versus arrows.

Heavy: Not good against axes or magic but good versus sword, spears and arrows.

Calvary: Not good against spears or magic but good versus sword, axe, and siege.

Reinforced (Used for catapults & towers): Not good against magic and siege but good versus sword, axe, spear, and arrow.

Fortified (Used for most buildings): Good versus everything except siege.

Units

Tier 1:
  • Worker (Tier 1)
  • Rusher
  • Spear Thrower
  • Sword Soldier
  • Spear Soldier
  • Axe Soldier
  • Spearthrower Soldier
  • Calvary Raider
  • Calvary Spearthrower
Tier 2:
  • Worker (Tier 2)
  • Courier
  • Vanguard
  • Archer
  • Knight
  • Assassin
  • Hawkling
  • Pegasus Rider
  • Catapult
Tier 3:
  • Worker (Tier 3)
  • Royal Guard
  • Halberdier
  • Veteran Guard
  • Crossbower
  • Loyal Rider
  • Hawk
  • Armored Pegasus Rider
Ultimate:
  • Judgement
  • Storm Rider
Buildings

Tier 1:
  • Town Hall
  • Farm (1 - 3)
  • King's Altar
  • Lumber Mill
  • Blacksmith
  • Outpost
  • Barracks
  • Scout Tower
  • Watch Tower
Tier 2:
  • Keep
  • Farm (4 - 6)
  • Advanced Blacksmith
  • Gold Center
  • Lumber Center
  • Stables
  • Workshop
  • Advanced Barracks
  • Aviary
  • Defense Tower
  • Magic Tower
Tier 3:
  • Castle
  • Farm (7 - 8)
  • Superior Gold Center
  • Superior Lumber Center
  • King's Symbol
  • Sanctum

Credits
Models & Skins

Kitabatake
Mc !
Em!
AhhFreshWeeD
Wandering Soul
KAIL333XZ
Mike
General Frank
skrab
AndrewOverload519
Direfury
Tranquil
Stefan.K
Deathbringer
wojia10502
MassiveMaster
takakenji

There is a incomplete working AI in the map, it will build, train, and attack with tier 1 units.
Let me know what you think, strategies you came up with, ideas/suggestions.

Notes:
- Debating if I should add more or not, I started working on a campaign and Human Conflict 2 which has many improvements however because of how I went about the stats I cannot implement the new features to this one. You might be wondering then "Why not convert everything to your new one and call it Human Conflict instead" The reason for that is the tech trees are different, and additional races were being added based on the story. Also all the ideas/suggestions and balancing that I fix/add I can implement them to the new game without the worry of starting everything from scratch via same mistakes.

- Most units lack abilities for balancing purposes with the exception being ultimates, assassins, bandits, Towers, and the altar.

Attachments

• (4) HC - River Divided.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.