• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warchief Thrall

A new Thrall model.

Feel free to use and edit this model, so long as you credit me.

Keywords:
Orc, Thrall, Doomhammer, Horde
Contents

Warchief Thrall (Model)

Reviews
11:01, 31st Jan 2015 Misha: very good mesh, really great wrap, nice choice of particles, and pretty good animations. This model performs really well ingame. The only thing that caught my eye, is that his face doesn't look that orc-like.. maybe i'm...

M

11:01, 31st Jan 2015
Misha: very good mesh, really great wrap, nice choice of particles, and pretty good animations. This model performs really well ingame. The only thing that caught my eye, is that his face doesn't look that orc-like.. maybe i'm used to war3's underbite..?
But anyway, approved with flying colors.

Level 5
His legs seem to be "angled" oddly. Not sure if its cause they're not spread far enough apart to match his shoulders, or if its cause they're bent awkwardly, but something is up there. The attack animations could be sped up a bit.
Other than that looks great, GJ.

looks really cool, although his head doesn't seem that orc-like to me.. not sure why

and attack animations and slam animations do need more force to them

but all in all, i really like it as it is atm :p

Must be the jaw work for it, it could be a lil' wider and lower imo.

-for e.g. this, notice the jaw line and direction of it.

Edit: Oh and definitely 5/5.

Last edited:
Level 12
Now THAT's what I'm talking about man! Excellent work, simply excellent! Seeing as you're one of the best model makers around (I really admire everyone's work, but have my own favorite pick here around Hive), perhaps you should try and make a model of Garrosh Hellscream. I'd love to see how that turns out, as there has been none except some really ugly stuff I saw. Keep up the good work, nonetheless! Pure awesomeness right here.

Level 21
Wow this is awesome.I'm so going to use this!
5/5
EDIT:It kinda makes me miss Go'el :'( (from the hive,not WoW)

Last edited:
Level 2
5/5, but I agree that some animations can be a bit faster. Overall a great work! I really loved it!

Edit: It really amazes me how people create these outstanding models with only in-game textures.. It is really amazing!

Level 6
There's a difference between a slow attack and an attack with a long wind-up time.

"Oh no, Thrall, the shaman that hurls lightning bolts isn't savagely hammering away at things when he attacks!" Come on.

He also brutally hammers the shit on his enemies. It looks more like a melee attack to me then a ranged attack. Have you watched the animation? It seems a bit strange.

Level 7
Honestly the best Thrall model I've ever seen! An amazing update to your previous Thrall Model.
Now you got my hoping for an update to your Grommash model! But I don't think we need another Grom after Tauers sweet release.
Anyways, fucking amazing model right here, Direfury. 5/5

Last edited: