• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warchief Thrall (Re-Classic)

Made Thrall for Classic inspired by the Reforged Thrall:smile:
887596.jpg
Update 1
- Adjusted the position of the ponytail
Update 2
- Thanks to @Kacpa2 for editing the ponytail
- Added a version without a ponytail
Update 3
- Added a Hero version of Nazgrel
Update 4
- Adjusted the Shoulder pads (Thrall)
Update 5
- Fixed the Hero Glow (Nazgrel)
Update 6
- Adjusted the Doomhammer (Thrall)
Update 7
- Optimized the models
- Added a new version of Warchief Thrall
Base Model Credits
Unit Type
Ranged Hero
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Contents

Nazgrel (Hero) (Model)

Warchief Thrall (Model)

Warchief Thrall (New) (Model)

Warchief Thrall (No Ponytail) (Model)

Warchief Thrall (Snowsong Mount) (Model)

Warchief Thrall (Snowsong Mount, New) (Model)

Warchief Thrall (Snowsong Mount, No Ponytail) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Nice variations of Thrall. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 14
Great, looks better than Reforged one already xD
Nice that you did include Snowsong version. Ponytail looks quite weird tho too vertical, i say you should base it more on design from Hots Thrall to make it look more right positioning wise. Keep up the good work up!

Level 58
a model, aesthetically high, very amazing i'm busy but don't forget to win compliments on the model, loves it.
great job :D
Great stuff, can add a demonic version (red skin)?
Thanks, I remember seeing a Chaos Thrall skin on the skin section you can use that:smile:
Great, looks better than Reforged one already xD
Nice that you did include Snowsong version. Ponytail looks quite weird tho too vertical, i say you should base it more on design from Hots Thrall to make it look more right positioning wise. Keep up the good work up!
Thanks I updated the model adjusted the position of the ponytail:smile:
Pretty cool! i think you could add a hero version of your Nazgrel model using Thralls animations as a derivative of this model :'3
Thanks, I will try to do it:smile:

Last edited:
Level 5
Fantastic work as always! The ponytail thought i dont think is necessary. Maybe i am just used to old school non ponytail version and I dont mean to be demanding or ungrateful because the model is fantastic otherwise, but, can we get a non ponytail version?

Also, if you are really feeling generous and accommodating, Thrall lacks animation variety in my opinion (having just one attack and one spell animations), so to really make a definitive version of him i would suggest adding some new ones.

Level 58
Fantastic work as always! The ponytail thought i dont think is necessary. Maybe i am just used to old school non ponytail version and I dont mean to be demanding or ungrateful because the model is fantastic otherwise, but, can we get a non ponytail version?

Also, if you are really feeling generous and accommodating, Thrall lacks animation variety in my opinion (having just one attack and one spell animations), so to really make a definitive version of him i would suggest adding some new ones.
Thanks, I added a version without the ponytail.:smile: Sadly I'm not good with animations
Great work yet again :D.
I would buy this REFORGE any given time
Even now, great job. But I think that you made mistake when you observed accuracy with RF model. This shoulders look great, but they are too much big, and that horsetail looks funny, too big. I would give him a horsetail of Grom, but in other way, great job, wolf armor looks great.
Thanks, but the shoulder pads is almost the same size like the Classic Thrall so I think it's fine:smile:

Level 38
Thanks, I added a version without the ponytail.:smile: Sadly I'm not good with animations

Thanks, but the shoulder pads is almost the same size like the Classic Thrall so I think it's fine:smile:
Okay. But, even that this is really detail, they should be in lower angle. Dammit, how it said, english is not my mother language... This shoulders are like ¯I¯("I" is torso), and I think that they would look better more ´I`.
And too about Nazgrel, his model is fantastic, in both of cases, but what about change colours of wolf and cup? What about black wolf and brown cup?
Just oponion, if your choice would be whichever, continue in it.

Level 58
Okay. But, even that this is really detail, they should be in lower angle. Dammit, how it said, english is not my mother language... This shoulders are like ¯I¯("I" is torso), and I think that they would look better more ´I`.
And too about Nazgrel, his model is fantastic, in both of cases, but what about change colours of wolf and cup? What about black wolf and brown cup?
Just oponion, if your choice would be whichever, continue in it.
Okay I will adjust the shoulder pads:smile: You can easily change the wolf skin in War3 Model Editor, anyways I'll upload the different wolf skins here in this comment later:smile:
Edit: Download for HeroNazgrelDifferentWolves.rar

Attachments

• HeroNazgrelDifferentWolves.rar
    235.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

A great set of models for Thrall, as well as for Nazgrel!🙂 The Orcs are one of my favorite races, thus it's good to see them being given the respect they deserve, either with new custom models or campaigns. Hope to see Night Elves and perhaps Succubi in the future! :thumbs_up: