• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

War of the Guardians ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero idea(s):

Ronthal Snowbeard- Sharpshooter

Ronthal Snowbeard
Sharpshooter

Prime Attribute - Agility
Strength - 18 + 1.75
Agility - 23 + 2.15
Intelligence - 12 + 1.35

Base HP : 140
HP Regeneration : 0.50
Base MP : 160
MP Regeneration : 0.50

Sight Radius :
Day : 1250
Night : 1250

Equipabble Weapons :
???

Abilities:

Black Gunpowder(level 1)
Increases attack speed by x%.

Shot Bayonet(level 3)
Shots a Bayonet to a target enemy unit, dealing x damage and maing target bleed, reducing movement speed by x% over x seconds.

Grenade(level 7)
Throws a grenade at a target enemy unit dealing x area damage and stunning the target for x seconds.

Improved Armor(Level 11)
Increases Sharpshooter's armor by x.

Exact Aim(Level 15)
Increases Sharpshooter's range by x%.

Toxic Bullets(Level 19)
When is activated, the Sharpshooter shots with toxic bullets, giving an extra x damage. The enemy units damaged by toxic damage, will lose x HP per second, their damage and attack speed will be reduced by x% for x seconds.

Tank(Level 23)
The Sharpshooter calls a tank and controls it(enters in the tank) over x seconds.

Advanced Guns(27)
The Sharpshooter deals double damage.

Earthen Form(33)
Transforms the Sharpshooter into a powerful Earthen.

Huge Explosion(37)
Places a powerful bomb at a target location. If any enemy will move neabry to it, the bomb will explode, dealing huge damage to neabry enemy units.

Iris Fireye - Pyromancer

character.gif

Iris Fireye
Pyromancer

Prime Attribute - Inteligence
Strength - 14 + 1.35
Agility - 18 + 1.70
Intelligence - 22 + 2.34

Base HP : 140
HP Regeneration : 0.50
Base MP : 160
MP Regeneration : 0.50

Sight Radius :
Day : 1250

Equipabble Weapons :
Staff, Dagger, Glaive

Abilities:

Firebolt(level 1)
Throws a firebolt at a target enemy unit, dealing x damage.

Fire Mastery(level 3)
Increases Pyromancer's damage by x.

Rain of Fire(Level 7)
Calls down bolts of fire that damage units in an area. Lasts for x waves

Fire Shield(Level 11)
Creates a shield of fire around the Pyromancer, addsing 8 armor and burn melee units that attack, taking x damage per second for x seconds. Lasts in x seconds.

Burn(level 15)
Burns a target enemy unit, taking x damage per second. Lasts in x seconds.

Phoenix(level 19)
Summons a powerful phoenix.

Fire Blast(level 23)
Creates a fire explosion at a target area(like flame strike). Neabry enemies will take x damage per second for x seconds.

Ragnaros' Enchantment(level 27)
The Pyromancer is enchanted by Rangaros, increasing her strenght, inteligence and agility by x permanently.

Inner Fire(level 37)
Increases Pyromancer's damage by x% and armor by x%. Lasts x seconds.

Last edited:
Level 12
Yet another one of your hero suggestions..

Here's my opinion on those:

Sharpshooter's skills: 1st skill is nice, 2nd skill is wtf? 15 seconds stun lol. 3rd skill is good, but it doesn't make sense. He's supposed to be light-geared, but capable of doing damage, not a tanky guy at all. 4th skill is also wtf? A tank-transforming sniper guy, awesome indeed.

Pyromancer's skills: 1st skill is nice, just needs nerfing of some sort. 2nd skill is like the skill of the satyr guy you suggested, which are both imba. 3rd skill is a bit messed up, giving them a buff for 10 seconds? And Fire Shield lasts for 45 seconds? It's really messed up, lol. 4th skill is nice, just don't make Phoenix imba.

Btw, why are you making so many hero suggestions, and only adding 4 skills to them? There are 11 skills in this map, 1, 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 33, 37 are the levels when you gain skills, so if you make too many hero suggestions, you won't be able to finish them all.

Level 11
wow that is a lot of free heroes.
Thanks for the ideas. They are all accepted but I have to finish all the pending works.

@Hexcellion
All buffs lasts for 20 minutes, Ill try to nerf down the ability wherein the opponent will only be damaged if they go near and I will try to lower down the damage given.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
bloodelf300, lets give him some rest eh? look at his to do list :p

jokeing lets bombard him with ideas!

*suggestion* make the restore mind and natures blessing based on intelect and the other two stenght its a hybrid class

Prime Attribute - str
Strength - 25 + 2.00
Agility - 10 + 1.50
Intelligence 17 + 1.80

Base HP : 170
HP Regeneration : 0.40
Base MP : 100
MP Regeneration : 0.20

Sight Radius :
Day : 1400

Equipabble Weapons :
any weapon hes a tree :p

icons_2022_btn.jpg
Living seed
Once put a on a enemy target it will deal damage over time and if the unit dies within this time the hero will gain 10% of the dieing units life.

icons_11557_btn.jpg
Natures warth
The hero launshes bolts of pure nature power into all directions dealing damage to every enemy unit inrange

icons_11767_btn.jpg
Restore mind
Heals the target over time also gives him tempoary bonus hit points

icons_6656_pas.jpg
Natures blessing
All friendly targets gain bonus armor, also gives the hero a chance to root an attacking target

edit, 600 posts!

Last edited:
Level 12

character.gif

Khodgar
High Knight
icon.gif

Prime Attribute: Strength
Strength - 29 + 2.50
Agility - 11 + 1.25
Intelligence - 10 + 1.25

Base HP: 200
HP Regeneration: 0.60
Base MP: 160
MP Regeneration: 0.10

Sight Radius:
Day: 1500
Night: 1000

Equippable Weapons:
Swords
Long Swords
Short Swords

Abilities:
None

Level 11
WEEEEEEEE, thanks for giving ideas, I must finish all to do list before you give some more ideas :)
Wow thats a lot of free heroes, lets keep it to that, at least 5 :D

@Darkgrom, Please use proper format of hero ideas Bwahahaha :D

Level 11
sorry for being stupid then :p please give icon links so I can credit the icon makers

Update:
- Updated Nature's Guide Description

Level 11
Their updated Darkflames description :)

@Darkgrom, Ill rep you back when I am able ;)

Level 11
All Item Ideas Accepted.

Updates:
- Finished Darkgrom's Level 7 Ability "Dark Ritual" and Level 11 Ability "Guldan's Strength". Abilities added to the 1st post.
- Updated Arcanist Staff Description

Level 6
Log'Thar
Shadow Shaman

Prime attribute:intelligence
Strength:20 + 1.5
Agility:22 + 1.9
Intelligence:30 + 2.1

Base HP: 195
Base Mana: 250
Base HP regeneration: 0.50
Base Mana Regeneration: 1.0

Sight Radius Day time:1700
Sight Radius Night time:1300
Equipable weapon: Staff,Book Of Magic,and Magical Orb

Ability
Level 1
Bouncing Skull:Throwing a skull to enemy deal a 60 damage and 3 second stun and bouncing to nearby enemy

Level 3
Voodoo Doll:Dealing a 70 damage per second to hero units for 5 second and for non-hero unit you can make them to your on unit for 360 second

Level 5
Healing Circle:Healing a 50 health per second to your self draining mana all over time

level 7
Meditate:Add a 1.5 Intelligence every time you not moving for 15 second.

level 9
Astral Orb:Dealing a 50 X 1.6 intelligence damage

level 11
Imprisoned:Catching enemy and make them gone for 2 second and stealing 1 intelligence

level 15
Summon Minions:Summon Viper for 60 second and dealing a poison damage to enemy

level 20
Metamorphosis:changing Log'Thar be a raging demon for 180 second dealing a 100 - 173 chaos damage to enemy

Level 12
Log'Thar
Shadow Shaman

Prime attribute:intelligence
Strength:20 + 1.5
Agility:22 + 1.9
Intelligence:30 + 2.1

Base HP: 195
Base Mana: 250
Base HP regeneration: 0.50
Base Mana Regeneration: 1.0

Sight Radius Day time:1700
Sight Radius Night time:1300
Equipable weapon: Staff,Book Of Magic,and Magical Orb

Ability
Level 1
Bouncing Skull:Throwing a skull to enemy deal a 60 damage and 3 second stun and bouncing to nearby enemy

Level 3
Voodoo Doll:Dealing a 70 damage per second to hero units for 5 second and for non-hero unit you can make them to your on unit for 360 second

Level 5
Healing Circle:Healing a 50 health per second to your self draining mana all over time

level 7
Meditate:Add a 1.5 Intelligence every time you not moving for 15 second.

level 9
Astral Orb:Dealing a 50 X 1.6 intelligence damage

level 11
Imprisoned:Catching enemy and make them gone for 2 second and stealing 1 intelligence

level 15
Summon Minions:Summon Viper for 60 second and dealing a poison damage to enemy

level 20
Metamorphosis:changing Log'Thar be a raging demon for 180 second dealing a 100 - 173 chaos damage to enemy

Hmmm.. Things needed to be fixed by you or by Saif:

Integers you used for the stats, if you add them they must be equal to 50, yours is 72. Integers you used for the stat gain per level, they must be 5, yours is 5.5. Base HP, and Base Mana added, should be 300, yours is 445. HP Regeneration, and MP Regeneration added, should be 0.70, yours is 1.50. The sight radius for day and night added, should be 2500, yours is 3000. Books and orbs are supposed to be miscs for magicians. Bouncing skull's stun should lessen per bounce, and limit the possible bounces. Voodoo Doll is okay, but 360 seconds is just too much. Make it a minute or 60 seconds. Healing Circle is too imba. Make it a skill which is an AoE, healing units around him 3x his int. Meditate is SUPER IMBA. Afk, then gain 1000 intelligence, wtf. Astral Orb is okay, but add a cooldown to it, or make the mana cost 100 or something high enough so that it would not get imba spammed. Imprisoned, should be Imprisonment. Summon Minions should be renamed because you aren't going to summon two minions/vipers around you, you're just summoning one single viper. Rename Viper also, it's too DotA-ish. Poison Drake would be awesome. I suggest renaming it to Summon Drake. Metamorphosis, it doesn't make sense. He's a shaman, not a warlock. 170+ chaos damage is too imba, he's supposed to be a caster type of guy, not a dps guy.

^Another long review, since I found another imba hero yet again.

Level 11
Hmmmm, I have not yet started reading on the description of that hero but when you gave the review, I suddenly noticed everything was too imba :/. And yes for the hero stats you have gone over the limit. Because the abilities have so much errors and needs a lot of rebalancing, I dont think I could think of ideas to replace those.
Hero Rejected :) Lets just go with your Tauren Bender, try to focus on making the abilities on your special hero first.

Level 12
Hmmmm, I have not yet started reading on the description of that hero but when you gave the review, I suddenly noticed everything was too imba :/. And yes for the hero stats you have gone over the limit. Because the abilities have so much errors and needs a lot of rebalancing, I dont think I could think of ideas to replace those.
Hero Rejected :) Lets just go with your Tauren Bender, try to focus on making the abilities on your special hero first.

That's why I'm reviewing every thing suggested in here. There are too many sketchy ideas. So, how's the progress on the weapons?

Level 11
Glaives are about to be posted. (It took me 2x the time need to edit the pictures)

Edit:
Update:
- Finished Two Glaive Items, "Blessed Glaive" and "Rogue's Glaive"

Level 11
Update:
- Finished zlowly's Level 7 Ability "Shock Explosion". Ability added to the 1st post.

EDIT:
Update:
- Finished One Spear Item, "Glacial Pike".

EDIT2:
Update:
- Finished One Totem Item, "Mana Totem".

EDIT3:
Update:
- Finished Two One-Handed Mace Items, "Spiked Club" and "Morning Star".

EDIT4:
Update:
- Finished One Accessory (Cloth) Item, "Gem of Mana".

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
ow your working fast lets give him some item ideas ;)

icons_11617_btn.jpg
Azure dragon staff
Common; 10 int
Uncommon; 12 int 0.10 mana reg
Rare; 15 int 0.15 mana reg and transform you into a dragon gives you armor and mana bonus for 10 seconds.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...affblue-170343/?prev=search=staff&d=list&r=20

icons_2235_btn.jpg
Eagle's wrath
Common; 2 int
Uncommon; 6 int 0.05 mana reg
Rare; 10 int 0.10 mana reg
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnwindstaff-56262/?prev=search=staff&d=list&r=20

icons_13907_btn.jpg
Rage of the old gods
Common; 6 int
Uncommon; 10 int 5% chance to summon a minion of the old gods when attacking lasts for 8 seconds
Rare; 14 int 8% to summon a minion of the old gods when attacking for 12 seconds
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...onestaf-198171/?prev=search=staff&d=list&r=20

EDIT; fixing the links

Level 11
I dont really want to go with transformations in the game so I will reject the 1st one. Item Idea 1 and 2 Accepted. what would be the item class of the 2 items ? please state ;)

and yep, I have finished a lot today, About to go off to take a break. :D
+Rep to you my friend :)

Level 11
I will have trouble with the transformation because of the custom combat system. And I think transformations would be silly. Wait for Avatar Mode (A Special mode I was thinking that would be pretty awesome). I am sure you will like it ;)

Level 12
Saif, I liked the format you used on the first two staves. It was simple, but it looked great. Showing the models of the three items, and showing the heroes capable of wielding the item was better than adding a picture of the capable wielder of the item, and just adding the screenshot of the tooltip of the item. Please use the format you used in the first two staves, it's better imho.

Level 11
If I did that I have to redo everything. the pictures needed for the following items would already be ready. But since you liked it a lot, Maybe once I make the official thread of the ORPG then I shall do that. I shall stick with the new one in this thread. But ill try to do the old one in the Bestiary of the official thread once released.

Level 12
If I did that I have to redo everything. the pictures needed for the following items would already be ready. But since you liked it a lot, Maybe once I make the official thread of the ORPG then I shall do that. I shall stick with the new one in this thread. But ill try to do the old one in the Bestiary of the official thread once released.

Okay. So is this project online?

Level 11
Nope not yet, just a little while and I will get back to work :)

EDIT:
ONLINE ! :D

Level 11
Cant wait to test this out when finished, you have to finish your heroes if you want to test it on beta phase. :)

Level 12
Frost Rage - An old-looking glaive which emits a very cold, chilling, ice aura. Gives +70 damage, +1% mana regeneration, and +30 intelligence. (Weapon - Glaive)
Arcane Armor - A thick armor used by arcanists, because of the armor's smooth texture and the way it was made to fit like the robes of magicians. Gives +15 armor, +10 intelligence, +5 strength and agility. (Armor - Cloth)
Arcane Helm - A thick helmet used by warriors capable of unleashing powerful spells, and sorcery. Gives +10 armor, +8 intelligence, +3 strength and agility. (Helm - Cloth
Arcane Shield - A very light shield, yet is able to withstand good amounts of attacks. Gives 10% chance to reduce 30 damage, +10 intelligence, and +5 strength. (Misc - Shield)
Arcane Bracers - A common bracer used by magicians in-training. Gives +5 armor, +5 intelligence and +2 strength and agility.

Warmage's Level 15 Skill: Mystical Sphere - The warmage enchants his glaive with his arcane magic, and creates a mystical sphere made from his glaive, throwing it at his enemies, dealing 300 damage to those who get hit by it. Also, if an enemy dies after the warmage uses this skill, the warmage restores 100 mana.

Level 11
@Hexcellion, The Miscellaneous Item (Shield), who will only be able to equip it ??

All Item and Spell Ideas Accepted.

Update:
- Finished One Accessory (Mail) Item, "Gem of Power".

EDIT:
Where does Bracers belong to ?

Level 12
but it's the skill name Totem Fissure are Saif gonna change the fisure be a dust?
or maybe a crack in ground?

Possible things to do here:

Create a fissure dummy, then instantly remove it after casting. But it would be ugly.
Or remake the skill into a fissure-ish skill, but it will just create cracks in the ground (straight line), just like what you said.

Level 6
Ok then, Items Accepted, Hero Spell Ideas accepted.

Oh yeah Saif did you already thinking about the dungeon,Boss,dungeon difficulty,and Dungeon Boss drop item...
about suggestion you maybe add item level from Noob To a Nightmare item and you should add a secret item belong to any hero not for any hero just for 1 hero...
Example:Earth Bender secret Weapon Legendary Totem item level = Legendary Item...
:ogre_hurrhurr: problem?

Level 11
I already had that in mind, I am going to make a single player map for each hero and they can get their "Guardian Item" there. For other levels there is Epic and Set.

Update:
- Finished One Miscellaneous Item, "Shield of the Seas".

Good night, I shall continue this later early morning :)

Level 12
Level 19 Skill: Glaives of Mentality - The warmage channels his arcane-powered glaives, throwing them with all of his knowledge in it. Whenever the warmage uses this, he will deal all of his intelligence as extra damage. (Active/Auto-Cast)

Level 23 Skill: Magical Sacrifice - The warmage uses his mind to break his opponent's spirit, but sacrifice his own to do so. Channels Magical Drain for 10 seconds. Magical Drain is a skill used to drain the mana of the targeted unit, but in return, your hp decreases until this skill is finished. Can be cancelled by stuns, etc. (Active - Channeling)

Level 27 Skill: Mindbreak - The warmage breaks the target's mental capabilities for a duration, making him unable to do anything (move, use a skill, anything) for 5 seconds.

Level 31 Skill: Warmage's Curse - The warmage curses the targeted unit, dealing 0.5x his int as damage every 3 seconds. Lasts up to 30 seconds.

Level 35 Skill: Arcane Shield - The warmage imbues himself with the power of arcane, using it as a shield to protect himself from all spell attacks for 30 seconds. This shield's life is: 10x the warmage's intelligence. If he gets magical damage more than 10x his int, this shield is nullified.

Level 39 Skill: Arcane Mastery - The warmage's mastery of his arcane arts, makes him more stronger than ever, gaining +20 intelligence, +3 mana regeneration, and +10% spell damage.

Hero done.

Level 6
Crushing Totem:A artifact weapon from the older tauren using this for ritual calling the earth god and the sky god.Gives 30 Damage 10 strength 5 agility 3 Hp Regeneration and giving a chance to having a bash for 9% chance for 1 second dealing a 50 damage every time bash.

Status
Not open for further replies.