• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

War of the Guardians ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
for the dark ritual and Speed of light, the game uses a customized attack system where in attack has a cooldown and attackspeed cannot be affected.

All spell and hero ideas accepted. Bloodelf, I wont put the name of your character as your username ?

@Hexcellion, Suggestion Accepted. I shall make it 1/6 :)

Level 11
giving item ideas would also be accepted as this will be a big asset of the game. :)

And thank you for the support on the map, I will start beta phase once I have finished enough items, heroes and quests.

Level 12
Rogue's Glaive - A sharp-edged glaive, used by experienced rogues to assassinate their enemies. Grants +50 damage, +20 int, and +0.75% mana regeneration.
[url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnmoonglaive-145315/?prev=search%3Dglaive%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20]Blessed Glaive[/url] - A glaive which is imbued by holiness, which makes it release an immense holy aura. Gives +60 damage, +25 int, +0.80% mana regeneration.

Level 11
yes there will be professions like crafting, weaponry, weaving and chemist.
Crafting is for creating gems which will power up the weapon.
Weaponry is for creating weapons of course.
Weaving is for creating armors and chemist is for creating potions.

@Hexcellion, we will ask him first if he wants his hero to be a free one or a special one.

EDIT:
Item Ideas Accepted. Going to work on them later, going to school pretty soon.

Level 11
yes, I have done that. So I would remove boots as an Item ? any other Item in mind so I can occupy the one empty equipment slot?

for the movement system, 320 for agility heroes, 310 for int and 300 for str.

and thanks for contributing a lot, I will finish all of them right away when I get home later.

Level 12
yes, I have done that. So I would remove boots as an Item ? any other Item in mind so I can occupy the one empty equipment slot?

and thanks for contributing a lot, I will finish all of them right away when I get home later.

Hmm. Weapon (Mainhand), Sub-weapon (Offhand), Armor, Helm, Accessory, Misc.

That would be 6 for you, so adding backpacks and another one for materials which you get from professions would be good.

Level 11
yep I have that in mind. for the sub-weapon, what would be the weapons there ? anyway im about to go offline, expect your ideas to be finished right away when I get home. and for your glaives, you want it to be dropped by Neuts and dungeons again ?

Level 6
Level 6

like hexcellion said you need make a material bag,equipment bag,and maybe medicine bag (food,herb,and etc...)

oh yeah if hexcellion said sub weapon and main weapon make totem be my main weapon and the other to be a sub weapon :ogre_haosis:

Level 12
SHOCK EXPLOSION how bout this skill be my skill
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/shock-explosion-v1-01-a-211050/?prev=r=20&page=3
Explosion deals 750 damages and stun for 5 seconds. The rocks deal 100 damages and stun for 4.5 seconds

maybee you should add this to your dungeon http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/3d-pathing-v2-0-a-201232/?prev=r=20&page=5 a 3d path so the dungeon gonna be unique...

About "Shock Explosion": IMBA. 850 damage, 9.5 seconds stun, wtf? It's up to Saif to edit your skill then.

@Saif, Neuts/Dungeons

Btw, remove misc from the items, and make it like this: A slot for weaponhand, slot for off-weaponhand, slot for helm, slot for armor, slot for one accessory, and a slot for potions. Making it: 5 possible items in your inventory, while leaving the last one as a potion slot, so that backpack's would be used as a storage of not-needed items, which you could sell for money.

Here are some item ideas:

Spears:

Glacial Pike - A powerful spear, enchanted with the power of the ice. Gives 350 mana and increases mana regeneration by 45%.

Sentinels' Spear - Spears, crafted by the best metal, that are used by sentinels. Increases attack speed by 35% and gives + 5 agility.

Branch:

Ent Branch - A magical branch that is able to summon ents. Summons 4 Ents. Contains 3 charges.

Totems:

Mana Totem - Totem of mana, useful for mages. Gives +20 inteligence, +200 mana and increases mana regeneration by 75%.

One Handed Mace:

Spiked Club - Big and resistent spiked club, usually used by Ogres. Increases damage by 30.

Fiery Mace - Mace, forged with fiery black metal. Gives you 3 abilities: Rain of Fire, Firebolt and Flame Strike.

Morning Star - Enchanted dark mace, using the power of darkness. Gives +200 HP, +9 strenght and +24 damage.

Level 11
sorry, I have not yet made any progress yet as we have our exams ongoing at present. Once exams are finished I shall do everything. I shall nerf down the skill zlowly was trying to suggest and all weapons accepted. For your suggestion hexcellion, ok I shall do it.

@Bloodelf300, so what do you want your hero to be ? a special hero wherein you are the only one able to use it or a free hero where everybody who will play the game can use it ?

anyway, +rep to everyone who participates in the thread.
Ill give when I am able.

Level 12
Saif, update the description of my level 3 skill, it is still 1/16 in there, it should be 1/6.

Btw, here are other stuff:

Gem of Mana - A shiny looking blue gem, which is said to be able to give more magical capabilities. Gives +300 mana. (Accessory - Cloth)
[url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btngemofpower-182899/?prev=search%3Dmana%2520burst%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20]Gem of Strength[/url] - A shiny looking purple gem, which is said to be able to give more physical capabilities. Gives +250 hit points. (Accessory - Mail)
[url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnwateryshield-186463/?prev=search%3Dmana%2520burst%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20]Shield of the Seas[/url] - A shield which is said to be found at the most deep seas. It is said to be used by powerful nagas, and even sea warriors. Gives +10 armor, +20 int, +0.50% mana regeneration. (Misc/Offhand - Shield)

Here are some suggested remakes:

Make Off-Hand into Misc, so that shields as an option would be possible, making it like this: slot for weapon, slot for misc, slot for accessory, slot for armor, slot for helm, and a slot for potion.

Mail = Used by str guys, Cloth = Used by int guys, Leather = Used by agi guys.

Level 11
The new suggestion about making off hand into misc is a better idea. I shall do that.
For your skill, sorry I was not able to update it. Going to update it now.

all item ideas accepted.

Update
- Strengthened Warmage's Arcane Bolt Mana Percentage Damage from 1/16 to 1/6

EDIT:
@Bloodelf300, I see that you have edited the name of your char, making it a special character now. Working on it now :)
And can you give the link of the icons used in your abilities ? thanks :)

Level 12
Level 11 Skill - Glaive Storm - The warmage uses his powerful arcane magic, and his glaive expertise, creating glaives moving fast, and circularly around him, which deal damage to those enemies near him for 1x of his int, for 10 seconds.

Random item:

Amulet of Intelligence - An ancient, old-looking amulet, which is said to be able to give magical knowledge to those who woar it. Gives +10 intelligence. (Cloth - Accessory)

Level 11
Skill Ability and Item Ideas Accepted.

Update
- BloodElf300 - Hunter added to the 1st post.

Level 12
Elune's Spirit - A bow which was first used by the nightelf Elune, which she used to defeat those who oppose the nightelves. Gives +15 agility, and +35 damage. (Bow - Weapon)
Envenomed Arrows - Poisoned arrows, which envenom those who get hit by it. Gives +10 damage, and +5 agility. 20% chance to deal Envenomed negative buff effect, which deals 5 damage per second up to 10 seconds. (Misc - Arrows)
Tribal Quiver - A very good-shaped quiver, which was used by the tribesmen who used bows and arrows to hunt for their tribes. Gives +20 damage, and +15 agility.

Level 11
Maybe I should change the Dagger of Hunter into Quiver and the Glaive to Bow :)

All item ideas accepted, wow your contributing a lot, I wont forget to mention your name in game and on the loading screen :)

Level 11
I have chosen three so that characters will have a wide range of selection when equipping items so lets keep it as is and I have already changed the main hand weapons of the Hunter.

Updates:
- Changed Hunter's Weapons, "Dagger" to "Quiver" and "Glaives" to "Bow"
- Finished BloodElf300's Level 1 Ability "Enchanted Bow", Ability added to the 1st post.

Level 12
I have chosen three so that characters will have a wide range of selection when equipping items so lets keep it as is and I have already changed the main hand weapons of the Hunter.

Updates:
- Changed Hunter's Weapons, "Dagger" to "Quiver" and "Glaives" to "Bow"
- Finished BloodElf300's Level 1 Ability "Enchanted Bow", Ability added to the 1st post.

Umm.. Quiver is supposed to be a misc, it's where you place your arrows for easy use, so making it misc is better.

Level 11
ok then, Ill make quiver a second hand weapon and ill revert Quiver back to Dagger

Update:
- Reverted Hunter's Weapon "Quiver" into "Dagger"

Level 12
Add a category for every item in the map, Weaponhand, then Bows, etc., Misc, then Quivers, etc.

Like this:

Items:

Hexcellion's Bow

Enchanted Totem

Quiver of the One

Shield of Nothingness

Level 11
All Item Ideas Accepted, Updated the 1st post and followed your suggestion on arrangements :)

Level 11
There arent any items yet in those categories as I am still doing bloodelfs abilities, im having trouble with multishot because of the customized attack system, But I am almost finishing it with just a little more time.

Level 11
@BloodElf300, Speed of Light needs to be remaked because attackspeed in this game cannot be changed or be affected.

EDIT:
Updates:
- Finished BloodElf300's Level 3 Ability "Multishot" and Level 7 Ability "Deadly Arrows". Abilities added to the 1st post.

Last edited:
Items:

Bows:

Golden Bow - Powerful bow made out of wood and gold. Increases ranged damage by 50%.

Fiery Bow - Enchanted bow, made with the power of the ancient fire. Gives a fire attack bonus(like orb of fire).

Icy Bow - Enchanted bow, made with the power of the ancient ice. Gives an ice attack bonus(like orb of frost).

Scouts' Bow - Resistent bow, usually used by scouts. Gives +20 strenght and agility.

Elven Bow - Night elven bow, crafted with the best wood. Gives +33 agility.

Redwood Bow - Strong and resistent bow, used by Scarlet Crusaders. Gives +35 strenght.

One Handed Mace:

Grim Hammer - Terrifying hammer used by the most powerful Undeads. Gives +48 to all stats.

Long Blade:

Longsword - Two-handed sword used by knights and powerful warriors. Increases Hero's damage by 70.

Staves:

Chaos Scepter - Powerful scepter of chaos. Summons 10 skeletons. Contains 2 charges.

Last edited:
Level 11
@Bloodelf300, Make another ability that will replace the speed of light :)

All item Ideas accepted.

Level 12
Items:

Bows:

Golden Bow - Powerful bow made out of wood and gold. Increases ranged damage by 50%.

Fiery Bow - Enchanted bow, made with the power of the ancient fire. Gives a fire attack bonus(like orb of fire).

Icy Bow - Enchanted bow, made with the power of the ancient ice. Gives an ice attack bonus(like orb of frost).

Scouts' Bow - Resistent bow, usually used by scouts. Gives +5 strenght and agility.

Elven Bow - Night elven bow, crafted with the best wood. Gives +13 agility.

Redwood Bow - Strong and resistent bow, used by Scarlet Crusaders. Gives +20 strenght.

Hunters should not have pure-tank items, like the Redwood Bow you suggested. Increased ranged damage by 50% is too much. Other bows you suggested need some damage in them. I could suggest some fixes if you want me to.

Ability to replace speed of light:

Arrow of Control(Level 11)
Shoots a magical arrow to a target enemy and takes the control of it. Cannot used on Heroes.

Edit:
Saif, do you need any hero ideas?

Random items:

Bloodbreak - Strong axe. Increases damage by 25 and strenght by 30.

Holy Sword - Holy and divine sword, crafted with the power of heaven. Gives +50 to all stats and increases damage by 88.

Rogue Daggers - Short but powerful rogue daggers. Gives +18 agility.

Last edited:
Level 11
You have your hero up already right. If you plan on making a free hero, its ok too. And for the link of the icons, can you give it ? I need to credit the owner of the Icons :)

Level 12
Hmmm.. I was reading Bloodelf's skills, and imo they're imba. 20 seconds of getting damaged by 0.85x her agility. Lets see.. If she had 100 agility, the skill would deal 85 damage per second, 85x20 = 1700. Make it 0.5x her agi and lessen the duration to 10. So it would damage at least 500 when her agi is at 100.

Multishot. Her arrows become more powerful when it splashes? That's so wrong. The damage to the splashed units should be lower than the one who's being attacked. Change this to maybe 50% of her damage = the damage the nearby units get. And lessen the possible units to be hit by this, because if you line up a couple of creeps, then kill 'em all off, then you'd gain a lot of exp, and gold a little bit too much.

Level 11
For the skill of Bloodelf
I shall discuss Deadly Arrow first
Dealing damage equivalent to 0.85x the heroes agility is just alright because you will have at least 100 agility when you are around level 20 - 30 I think. I did a testmap and a Hunter who is Level 7 can deal at least 31 damage per second. and that is just right for the level of creeps at that time because creeps might have around 500 - 700 health. But I agree on the duration of the skill, I shall lessen it down.

For Multishot
It does not become more powerful when it splashes, the Hunter just deals around 10-15 damage + 0.5x the agility of the hunter. so for example the hero has 50 agility he would be around level 12 - 20 maybe. So he can deal 35 - 40 Damage to opponents for every 8 seconds. Level 12 - 20 opponents have a life of around 900 - 1000 so It would not be a problem of the hunter spamming skills for every 8 seconds. and a hunter is preferably very soft and not good for tanking so he may just spam it on maybe around 2 - 3 enemies at a time, making it balanced.

You have your hero up already right. If you plan on making a free hero, its ok too. And for the link of the icons, can you give it ? I need to credit the owner of the Icons :)

Here are the links of the icons:

icons_12321_btn.jpg
- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpurplebow-178301/?prev=search=bow&d=list&r=20

icons_6738_btn.jpg
- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...5717/?prev=search=multiple%20shot&d=list&r=20

icons_4478_btn.jpg
- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...58507/?prev=search=poison%20arrow&d=list&r=20

icons_12354_btn.jpg
- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...78734/?prev=search=arcane%20arrow&d=list&r=20

Level 12
For the skill of Bloodelf
I shall discuss Deadly Arrow first
Dealing damage equivalent to 0.85x the heroes agility is just alright because you will have at least 100 agility when you are around level 20 - 30 I think. I did a testmap and a Hunter who is Level 7 can deal at least 31 damage per second. and that is just right for the level of creeps at that time because creeps might have around 500 - 700 health. But I agree on the duration of the skill, I shall lessen it down.

For Multishot
It does not become more powerful when it splashes, the Hunter just deals around 10-15 damage + 0.5x the agility of the hunter. so for example the hero has 50 agility he would be around level 12 - 20 maybe. So he can deal 35 - 40 Damage to opponents for every 8 seconds. Level 12 - 20 opponents have a life of around 900 - 1000 so It would not be a problem of the hunter spamming skills for every 8 seconds. and a hunter is preferably very soft and not good for tanking so he may just spam it on maybe around 2 - 3 enemies at a time, making it balanced.

The thing is, the skills should not be too much imba, since the game's going to be an ORPG, there would be groups of players playing it. If the creeps have 500 - 700 hit points, and there are 5 players, then they'll just nuke the creeps out, owning them in the process. At level 7 you already have 3 skills, that's why skills should be weakened, lol.

Level 11
you have a point, I will try to nerf down bloodelf's skills. Thank you for pointing that out :).

EDIT:
Updates:
- Finished Darkgrom's Level 1 Ability "Darkflames". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Reduced Poision Damage dealt and Duration of Deadly Arrow. Damage : From 0.85 to 0.60, Duration : From 20s to 15s
- Reduced Bonus Damage dealt by Multishot. From 0.5 to 0.25

Hero idea(s):

Darthos Darkskull - Satyr Deathcaller

satretrickster.gif

Darthos Darkskull
Satyr Deathcaller

icon.gif

Prime Attribute - Inteligence
Strength - 20 + 2.15
Agility - 12 + 1.25
Intelligence - 27 + 2.85

Base HP : 140
HP Regeneration : 0.50
Base MP : 160
MP Regeneration : 0.50

Sight Radius :
Day : 1250
Night : 1250

Equipabble Weapons :
Staff, Blade, Dagger

Abilities:

Blade of Death(level 1)
Increases damge by x and attack speed by x%.

Death Touch(level 3)
Deals x damage to a target living unit.

Chaos Bolt(level 7)
Throws a magical demonic bolt, dealing x damage to a target living unit. The affected unit's attack and movement speed will be reduced by x% over x sec.

Raise Soul(Level 11)
Raises a Soul from a dead corpse. The soul cannot attack and is permanently invisible. Lasts x seconds.

Imp(Level 15)
Summons an Imp as a minion of the Deathcaller.

Meteor Rain(Level 19)
Calls down meteors that damage units in that area by x and stunning them for x seconds. Lasts for x wave(s).

Demonology(Level 23)
Summons a powerful Doom Guard to fight for the Satyr Deathcaller.

Eternal Curse(27)
Takes control over a target enemy unit. Cannot be used on Heroes.

Power of Darkness(33)
The Deathcaller is enchanted by the ancient god of darkness, making him invulnerable for x seconds.

Call from the Hell(37)
Calls a very powerful demon to fight for the Deathcaller. Lasts x seconds.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hero accepted (Free Hero)

EDIT:
Update:
- Finished Darkgrom's Level 3 Ability "Demonic Summoning". Ability added to the 1st post.

Will continue everything tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Level 1 Skill = Okay
Level 3 Skill = Imba, since it would deal (x) damage for 5 seconds. Make it one wave only.
Level 7 Skill = Good, as long as the Doom Guard isn't imba
Level 11 Skill = Super imba. Insta-killing an enemy in an ORPG is a very bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.