• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Damned ORPG Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, I'm trying to make a map, and I've got basically everything but the storyline. The sucky thing is, I can't actually make the map untill I have a storyline. The races are as follows:

Human - Barbaric, nomadic, high society, fel
Orc - Barbaric, shamanistic, half-orc, fel
Elf - Woodland, high society, daemonfae, shadow
Troll - Tribal, merchant, voodoo-ist, fel
Dwarf - Clansman, Engineer, merchant, runic,

Sub-Race

Shadow - Fast, cunning, and extremely intelligent. Agility and intelligence boost; All characters, even teh warriors, can Blink.

Half-Orc - Small strength and hit point bonus, along with an even smaller intelligence bonus

Barbaric - Basically the warrior type. All classes inside this subrace have increased health

Nomadic - These guys have increased move and attack speed

Fel - Demonic. Increased healing rates and damage output, as well as more mana. Called Daemonfae in elves

Woodland - Increased movement speed and agility

High society - Increased mana and mana regen

Shadow - These are elves inbued with darkness. Not so much as undead, or demons, but still. Same bonuses, only smaller, as well a attack speed bonus

Tribal - Small bit of nature magic, like herbs, in every character

Merchant - same as high society, except they can have wagons, and hold shops

Voodoo-ists - mostly focused on curses and healing. Even the all out warrior has some small curse spells.

Shamanistic - Elementalists. Even warriors can manipulate nature to a small extent, mainly through his or her weapon.

Runic - Magic tied to items like a blade, or armor. Scrolls as well. Even mages are strong fighters, because they use their own energy, straight from their bodies, for the magic.

Clansman - These guys can summon up their anscestors to help them in battle for a short time

Engineer - Can build small forts, and camps, but it's very exspensive. They can make vehicles as well

Templates

Undead - vampire, zombie, skeletal, they all have some sort of advanced endurance, whether it's healing rate, health, or damage reduction

Template Specifics

Vampire - One life drain ability, based on level. Faster healing Looks just like everyone else... only paler...

Zombie - All rotted up and everything. More hit points *wrinkles nose*

Skeletal - Barely has a voice. They're all skeletons. Damage reduction

Classes

Warrior

Warrior - Classic soldier. Can inspire allies on the battlefield, has decent amount of health, but low mana, and has several combat based spells.
10hp/level
.5mp/level

Berserker - Full out raging behemoth warrior. Extremely high health, but mana is fixed at 100. Elves cannot be berserkers.
12hp/level
0mp/level

Paladin - Holy knight, with healing abilities, and auras, with a undead/shadow/daemon damaging spell.
10hp/level
1mp/level

Death Knight - Similar to the Berserker in the fact they have a high amount of health, damage, and has their mana fixed at 100, unless they find a death knight specific item to increase it. Highest possible is 130. Summons undead from corpses, and has a high damage dealing attack.
12hp/level
0mp/level

Doom Knight - Similar to the death knight, only they summon demons, and has a lower armor. Their mana is fixed at 100 for fel energy.
12hp/level
0mp/level

Rogue

Rogue - Can stealth, and throw knives. Has a poison attack ability. Dwarves cannot be rogues.
6hp/level
.75mp/level

Assassin - Similar to the rogue, only he can assassinate a target if he is stealthed. Also has a critical hit ability. Orcs and trolls cannot be assassins.
8hp/level
.75/level

Archer - Attacks from range. Can throw daggers, and can enchant their arrows with several types of magic. Orcs and trolls cannot be archers.
6hp/level
.75 mana/level

Ranger - Similar to the archer, but can stealth, track, and has an animal companion. Orcs and dwarves cannot be rangers.
6hp/level
.75mp/level

Mage

Mage - Classic mage. Fireballs, ice bolts, and lightning. Low health. Trolls cannot be mages.
4hp/level
1mp/level

Sorcerer - Similar to the mage, but has higher hit points and armor, but less mana.
6hp/level
.75mp/level

Summoner - Summons elementals. Otherwise is the same as a mage.
4hp/level
1mp/level

Necromancer - Summons undead. Has a death coil spell, and a passive armor enhancement.
4hp/level
1mp/level

Warlock - Exactly the same as the necromancer, only they summon demons, and have a fel energy spell instead of death coil.
4hp/level
1mp/level

Druid - Works as a healer. Higher armor than other mage classes. Has an animal companion, but it's stronger than the rangers.
6hp/level
1mp/level

If you guys have anything you want to contribute, go ahead. *coughsineedanundeadtrollcoughs* And elf... Anyway, at least give me constructive criticism. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 3
That might work if I wasn't such a big supporter of the undead having extreme endurance. o: It's a nice idea though. I'll keep it in mind for one of my books, or maybe another map.

Level 15
maybe change high society, so they get a set amount of gold each 10 minutes or so
and merchants get discounts when buying/bonuses when selling/have a chance to buy two items for the same price

Level 15
shamanistic - more focused on spells of big scale. map-wide spells and effects (thunderstorm, flood, etc.), which can sometimes harm allies too. will add an interesting twist to the game imho

Level 15
dwarves: high society, merchant, engineers (can use/make siege vechicles/firearms/other mechanical stuff, but that costs alot), rune magic (can put different combinations of runes and then activate them with special skill for a powerful magical effect. can be a whole new play style)

Level 3
Alright, there. Added it all to the list, and updated the shamans, and such with your ideas. Thanks for your ideas. ^.^ And that's a good point... Vehicles... Didn't add that in... I'll get it.

Level 4
Storyline hmmm...
How about, the land has been already ravaged greatly by a recent war between the high societies, which has weakened them so the barbarians, etc. have equal powers with them.
Then more recently there has been some hassle with the demons, which has led to some people seeing their savage powers and trying to merge with them. At the same time the Plague ravages the lands and leaves behind a growing force of undead from every race.

Well I tried :grin:

Level 8
How about several dimensions of reality collapsed...and now all the races all fled through portals into a new hostile world... altought that wouldn't fit the whole rise of the dammed idea... Or...what if the reality was destroyed by this evil god...the god of eternal chaos....which seeks revenge for being banished....by the other gods.....And while everyone fled his wrath he entered the body of some leader of some order.....and each time he is killed he enter the body of someone else...and then in the end you have an epic battle with him and bind his will within yourself and seal yourself away for all eternity.......

Level 3
Sounds like Diablo, just a little bit, but, *laughs slightly* uh, I'll use it... I just need some help mapping the terrain. Just ideas and such, but if you want to do it for me, go ahead, I'll give you full credit. I mean, you can't very well map out the game without a world first, right?

Level 12
Rise of the Damned? Hmmm..
What if the Damned Rose and attacked everyone, and now they hide in the shadows, all forgotten races, until the (new race) came and forced the damn out. Now the forgotten races all rise once again, to take their lands back.
Just a start, seeing as you nothing,.

Level 3
Well... It all sounds peachy and awesome, but I still need terrain ideas. I've tried just spewing out whatever comes to mind. Doesn't work too well.

Level 8
Picture a world, a world not unlike it was before, but something is brewing...

Deep beneath the ground, in a vast and untaimed wasteland known as the Tomb of the Gods, the entities of fallen deities have risen from their graves, and seek to take revenge on all the mortal beings, for it was their lack of faith that led to the demise of so many Gods and Goddesses.

That was an overview of what it could be like. Suppose the premise is that the mortal races of the world have been warring recently, and the Dead Gods/Goddesses decide now is the perfect time to strike. The goal is to destroy the Dead Gods and save your people. You can choose to band with the other races or use this new foe to your advanntage and eliminate your rivals once and for all.

EDIT: As for terrain, it would be rather destroyed and bleak and barren in some places, and in others lush and green, or desert-like, depending on the region in which the fighting would currently be going on. Such as a minign city for the Dwarves, vast, open plains for the barbaric humans, and a tumultuos nether-realm for the fel creatures, which lies beyond a hidden portal.

Level 3
Thank you! Damn. So hard to get a decent story now, too... That makes sense because in all the books I've read of the Forgotten Realms, gods died most often because no one believed in them.

I've already got a good bit of the terrain mapped out, but I'm trying to find a mountain place for the dwarves... It's a little difficult because when I use the map editor, it looks a lot smaller than it does in game.

Besides that, I'm having trouble with triggers and forces again. I didn't when I first started this map. >_< Must be because I stoped working on it for eight months.

Level 3
After millenia of constant conflict, with peace lasting for little more than the time it took armies to return home, all the mortal races are on the brink of collapse. Riots burn cities and destroy all in their path, screaming for an end. Each race begins amassing armies in a last bid for survival, each hoping that the combined strength of their entire race will see them through to be the victors.

Reality stirs and fractures as the Four Horsemen draw near, even the dead are now denied their eternal slumber and now vie for power with the living races. The survivors who are not yet drafted cry for what is happening, the do not cry for the lost knowledge, or for the certainty of death. They cry because even death is no longer an escape from the wars and violence.

The concept of this is that an already fractured world is being pushed to the brink. The landscape is worn and jagged with evidence of long forgotten battles, or ruined statues of equally unknown heroes and kings Although each race would have a captial city, only ruins remain of any outlying towns and any survivors from these town have more likely turned bandit than come to the capital. Armies should march frequently into the center of the map to fight for supremecy, but the armies should weaken and decrease in number over time as the populations dwindle and there are less experienced people drafted using inferior weapons.

As opposed to a hidden demon portal, the demons should have an ability that opens a two way portal to the targeted point, preventing the knowledge of the location of the portal being avaliable to everyone who has ever played demons.

Last edited:
Level 3
Okay, I finally figured out how to make pets permanent, so the ranger, warlock, death knight, etc etc, can have permanent companions. I have figured out how to make only one aura or stance/presence whatever the Hell active at one time yet, so for now, the peoples with auras/stances are gonna be a little overpowered.

Level 3
Wow, I didn't see that storyline post before I posted this last one. That is a freaking awesome idea, Sadist. Rep points for you! O:! I'll probably use it, and I'll credit you for helping with the story line if you want.

What I want to do to increase the size of the map, is to reduce the size of the soldiers', monsters', and heroes' models to be proportional with the building doors and such to add a sense of realism and cut down on the memory. Sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.